PDA

View Full Version : Bitching at Emmerdale

Perdita
16-09-2008, 06:13
EMMERDALE bosses are recruiting a beauty in her twenties to add some extra spice.

They want to attract more young male viewers to the ITV1 show — and plan to do it with a superbitch in the mould of soap legend Kim Tate, played by Claire King.

Star Charlotte Bellamy — who plays Laurel Thomas — told TV Biz: “We’re getting a new bitch.”

A show insider confirmed: “We have got sexy female members of the cast in their thirties, and forties but we are quite thin on the ground otherwise.

“That’s why we have decided to recruit a very sexy bad girl who can boost the show’s sex appeal.”

The mysterious character called Sophie will make her debut early next year.

tammyy2j
16-09-2008, 10:39
How many have tried to be the next Kim Tate and failed just bring back the original Kim Tate

Siobhan
16-09-2008, 10:53
How many have tried to be the next Kim Tate and failed just bring back the original Kim Tate

totally agree, there is only one bitch good enough and that is KIM! of all the soaps she is the best bitch ever!!!!!

DaVeyWaVey
16-09-2008, 17:33
They tried this with Sadie King but she couldn't act for toffee.. lets hope this new bitch is played by a decent actress and lives up to expectation..

alan45
16-09-2008, 19:41
SADie King was a disaster. Poor old Plastic Patsy was way out of her depth. The former page 3 model Linda Looser was so bad she was funny. She made plastic Patsy look good.

Chris_2k11
16-09-2008, 20:47
Nobody can beat Kim Tate :cool: best soap character ever!

lizann
17-09-2008, 11:39

so agree just bring back the original super bitch

Perdita
17-09-2008, 11:55
No, please don't bring Kim Tate back, there is no place for her now, all the Tates' have gone, she would not fit into the storyline anymore.

lizann
17-09-2008, 12:00
No, please don't bring Kim Tate back, there is no place for her now, all the Tates' have gone, she would not fit into the storyline anymore.

I could see Kim as a love interest for Matthew King or come back with Donald's son Miles as his new lady love

Chloe O'brien
17-09-2008, 15:22

I could see Kim as a love interest for Matthew King or come back with Donald's son Miles as his new lady love

That wouldn't have been such a bad idea, but both Matthew and Miles will be leaving the dales soon so there is no point.

Perdita
17-09-2008, 16:51
Although Donald is leaving too, perhaps she could be the next rich bitch to come back to Emmerdale to take over the business empire. :hmm:
Although I would prefer Chastity to come back and rule Emmerdale :thumbsup:

Chris_2k11
17-09-2008, 17:55
Although I would prefer Chastity to come back and rule Emmerdale :thumbsup:Do you mean Charity ;)

Perdita
18-09-2008, 06:07
Sorry, yes, I mean Charity. :)

tammyy2j
03-11-2008, 14:58
Emmerdale bosses are recruiting a beauty in her twenties to add some extra spice.

They want to attract more young male viewers to the ITV1 show — and plan to do it with a superbitch in the mould of soap legend Kim Tate, played by Claire King.

Star Charlotte Bellamy — who plays Laurel Thomas — told TV Biz: “We’re getting a new bitch.”

A show insider confirmed: “We have got sexy female members of the cast in their thirties, and forties but we are quite thin on the ground otherwise.

“That’s why we have decided to recruit a very sexy bad girl who can boost the show’s sex appeal.”

The mysterious character called Sophie will make her debut early next year.

Has she been cast yet?

lizann
12-01-2009, 14:16
NEW soap superbitch Amanda Donohoe has claimed that soap stars are the hardest-working actors in the business.

The actress who is joining Emmerdale as catty Natasha Wylde, has revealed that she was looking for a challenge when she agreed to take on the role.

Amanda, 46, said: “I love watching soaps, because it’s the one time you really see actors work.

“It’s a full-on schedule and it’s challenging. If you can be in the living room of eight million people five days a week, that is a huge privilege. I would have been stupid to say no.

“I am excited because I pretty much take over the village and cause a lot of trouble.”

Talking about her character, who arrives at the end of the month, she added: “She’s not a classic soap ‘bitch’, that’s too easy. She is humorous, witty and strong. She will rub people up the wrong way.”

Perdita
12-01-2009, 14:26
Amanda Donohoe has admitted that she was "fed up" with her TV and film roles before she joined Emmerdale.

The actress will make her first appearance as Natasha Wylde on the ITV1 show next week after being confirmed for the part in September last year.

In an interview with The Times, Donohoe has now claimed that soap producers are the only people willing to create "meaty" roles for women over 40.

"Where is it? Where the hell is it? These are women who run the country, run the families, run the businesses, and they're being ignored," she explained.

"I don't see anything else being written for women of my age, and believe me I'm fed up with playing detectives. How many times can you do an interview scene? The irony is that it’s the criminals who get all the great dialogue. You're just sitting there going, 'And where were you last Thursday, madam?'"

Donohoe recently claimed that soap actors are the hardest workers in the business.

RuebenClara
13-01-2009, 20:32
SADie King was a disaster. Poor old Plastic Patsy was way out of her depth. The former page 3 model Linda Looser was so bad she was funny. She made plastic Patsy look good.
Lol! You are so right! Patsy looked like she was constantly constipated! They should bring in someone like Elize du Toit. She was born to play a bitch! I think Lady Tara was a good bitch. She did her best to hurt the Reynolds and her snub to Pearl when Len died was classic!