PDA

View Full Version : Rosie Webster (Helen Flanagan)

Pages : [1] 2

Debs
05-01-2006, 22:32
'Coronation Street' viewers are set to see angry mum Sally Webster report daughter Rosie to the police for having underage sex.

Sally, played by actress Sally Whitaker, is furious when she discovers the wayward 15-year-old getting intimate with her boyfriend Craig Harris again - just days after she banned them from sleeping together.

Sally had already once ordered Rosie, who is played by actress Helen Flannagan, to take emergency contraception after having sex with the gothic schoolboy, played by Richard Fleeshman.

In a final act of desperation, Sally calls the police to tell them her daughter has been having sex despite being below the age of consent.

A show insider is quoted in Britain's The Sun newspaper as saying: "Sally's furious. She has already made Rosie take the morning-after pill, which had the girl in tears and made her sick.

But that didn't do the trick so she does the unthinkable and reports them to the police. Rosie is distraught."

However, the ploy backfires for Sally when the police don't arrest Craig and instead opt to give him a stern talking to.

CrazyLea
05-01-2006, 22:34
i think sally has gone too far. lol.

hannah-mj
05-01-2006, 22:35
just a tidge lol!

alan45
05-01-2006, 23:22

Hopefully the police will inform social services - Snooty Sal wont like that :nono:

Daisyduck
05-01-2006, 23:40
i hate that stuck up sally, what she gonna say when rosie gets preggers

alan45
05-01-2006, 23:42

OH RAWSIE WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN AT :rotfl:

Richie_lecturer
06-01-2006, 01:28

Force feed her fish fingers for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

CrazyLea
06-01-2006, 01:30
haha you two are funny :p

alan45
06-01-2006, 01:35
Force feed her fish fingers for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Dont forget the beans on toast :rotfl:

Chris_2k11
06-01-2006, 05:51
Oh get into this century Sally! :angry:

Chloe-Elise
06-01-2006, 09:07
Sally has gone too far, I can't wait to see her face when they don't arrest Craig.

Siobhan
06-01-2006, 09:10
Hopefully the police will inform social services - Snooty Sal wont like that :nono:

OMG alan.. when did dennis die??? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Luna
06-01-2006, 09:20
god this storyline is getting worse!!! wake up corrie!!!!

alan45
06-01-2006, 09:43
OMG alan.. when did dennis die??? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

About a wek after he arrived in Albert Square :rotfl:

Jojo
06-01-2006, 09:51
Its at times like this, that I realise why I don't watch Corrie - she would just do my head in as a parent - which planet is Sally living on! Now if Rosie was 13 or 14, fine, and ok, 15 is still technically illegal, but look at the survey we had a while back, how many of us had sex prior to 16.......:angry:

Siobhan
06-01-2006, 09:53
About a wek after he arrived in Albert Square :rotfl:
maybe but he was eye candy... he didn't have to act.. nobody was listening

eastenders mad
06-01-2006, 11:12
I think Social Services should get in touch with Sally cause she is on crazy mother.
Graig and Rosie only have to wait this year because they will both be 16 sometime. so it will not be againist the law.

shannisrules
06-01-2006, 11:23
going to the police is a bit too far i can see rosie and craig running away together in the future que another leo and demi storyline

Chris_2k11
06-01-2006, 11:24
going to the police is a bit too far i can see rosie and craig running away together in the future que another leo and demi storylineI wouldn't blame Rosie!

Siobhan
06-01-2006, 11:39
Sally is handling this all wrong and corrie could do a better story with this.. there are lots of underage having sex and maybe they should show Sally been open and honest with Rosie, talking to her (not shouting) about the risks involved and ok not agreeing for them to have sex but not calling the police which will only make them more determined to do it behind peoples backs

Bree
06-01-2006, 14:16
i dont really like this storyline any more

sheilamarie
06-01-2006, 14:50
i dont really like this storyline any moresame here i dont really think rosie and craig will last but maybe it will change into a bit of a demi and leo thing

Katy
06-01-2006, 14:50
sallys handling it completly why would anyone go to the police. What sort of mother is she. Rooorsie should have listened more at oooorkhill school for girls shouldnt she. I think Sally needs telling Rosies had Sex and grown uo now deal with it!

jonni
06-01-2006, 15:42
is rosie pregnant then?

dddMac1
11-01-2006, 16:02
how nice of Sally to report her own Daughter to the police

Angeltigger
17-01-2006, 12:19
i would cry if anyone did that to me and i would run away

alan45
17-01-2006, 12:28
Sally is handling this in a totally stupid way. Even though Rawsie and the Goth should not legally have been having sex its not as is if it wasnt consensual. Sally has opened a huge can of worms by reporting the matter to the police. It will have devastating effects on both families. Similarly last nights actions in forcing her daughter to take a tablet against her will amounts to a serious assault and probably borders on child abuse.

Cornishbabe
17-01-2006, 13:11
Yeh. shes got to remeber her daughter is 15 almost legal and as long as they are being careful it really shouldnt matter. I agree that it borders child abuse. The morning after could make her seriously ill whenbeing foreced to take it for no reason it has bad side effects.

Keating's babe
17-01-2006, 13:17
Sorry if I'm going off-track..... but anyone know how old is the actor Richard Fleeshman (sp?) who plays Craig?

Cornishbabe
17-01-2006, 13:18
about 16 Ithink

Keating's babe
17-01-2006, 13:21
about 16 Ithink

Thanks CornishBabe. I'm shocked. He looked a lot older when he was on Soapstar Superstar.

Angeltigger
17-01-2006, 13:33
he 16 1/2 told us on soapstar superstar

Keating's babe
17-01-2006, 14:51
he 16 1/2 told us on soapstar superstar

I need a lie down to get over the shock. :D

Angeltigger
17-01-2006, 14:52
I need a lie down to get over the shock. :Dwhy?

eastenders mad
17-01-2006, 14:59
I think Sally needs to relax more or be put on medication lol

Angeltigger
17-01-2006, 15:03
I think Sally needs to relax more or be put on medication lolyeah she does

Keating's babe
17-01-2006, 15:11
why?

I know he is at school in the series, but thought he looked a lot older when I saw him on the soapstar programme.

Keating's babe
17-01-2006, 15:12
I think Sally needs to relax more or be put on medication lol

Would ya really go dragging your daughter through down the street like that. LOL the woman needs locking up.

Angeltigger
17-01-2006, 15:13
yeah he looks older in real life he don't look like a cute 16 he looks like sexy 18 year old in real life- but that why cilla loved him on Soapstar superstar

Keating's babe
17-01-2006, 15:16
yeah he looks older in real life he don't look like a cute 16 he looks like sexy 18 year old in real life- but that why cilla loved him on Soapstar superstar

Yeah I forgot about Cilla fancying him. Well I feel much better now. :D

Angeltigger
17-01-2006, 15:22
and the rest

xStephaniex
22-01-2006, 15:41
OMG reporting your own daughter !!! its wrong, sally soooo blooming childish herself ! i mean she'd drop her knickers for any block that would have her ! - only poor kevin atm.

Cornishbabe
22-01-2006, 15:48
yeh. Shes must be mad there are much better ways of sorting this out

dddMac1
30-03-2006, 16:06
couldn't see this posted

Stroppy corrie Teen Rosie webster will be left fighting for her life in Intensive care after being run over outside the school gates.the goth girl is busy listening to music though her ear phones as she crosses the road when a car hurtles towards her.she's flung over the bonnet and smashes into the windscreen before being tossed onto the road at posh oakhill Grammer.viewers will see Rosie (helen Flanagan,16)-cling to life as parents Kevin and sally keep a virgil at her bedside.Doctors warn that she may have suffered severe interal injuries as well as concussion,Broken arm,dislocated Shoulder and Facial cuts.and the panic gets worse when ther Forbidden boyfriend craig harris(richard fleeshman 17) arrives believing she may be dead Sally (sally Whittiker 42) and kevin (michael Le Vell 41) insist on staying at hospital all night to will Rosie on in her battle to survive.a corrie source said ''the Scenes are very powerfull and the outcome has yet to be decided'' some believe it would be wrong to kill rosie off so close to the death of mike baldwin but others believe that true life can't be predicted and anything can happen at any time''

Source Daily star

bakedbean
30-03-2006, 16:28
hummm i dont want Rosie to die she is a great charecter but i cant stick Craig.

shannisrules
30-03-2006, 16:40
ohhh sounds good so will rosie end up dieing?i hope she doesnt i can see it now craig coming in all worried and sally and kevin telling him queitly to get lost but he doesnt listen

soapyclean
30-03-2006, 16:48
Sounds like craig will do that anyway, sally blaming him for her death IF she dies???

CrazyLea
30-03-2006, 17:15
although I like Rosie.. I think it would be interesting if she died lol

the_watts_rule
30-03-2006, 18:35
The storyline sounds good but I don't think Rosie should be killed off.

Red08
31-03-2006, 09:39
Sounds like a great storyline but don't really want her to be killed off.

Siobhan
31-03-2006, 09:53
Sounds like a great storyline but don't really want her to be killed off.

I think the story is really good as there are loads of kid with Ipods and headphone who just cross without looking and it will really hammer it home. It will be like a road safety advert. We have an advert in ireland which something similar except it is a young guy using his mobile to text

Red08
31-03-2006, 09:56
I think the story is really good as there are loads of kid with Ipods and headphone who just cross without looking and it will really hammer it home. It will be like a road safety advert. We have an advert in ireland which something similar except it is a young guy using his mobile to text

I totally agree, the adverts they have out at the moment really hit home when I saw them, just hope some younger people thought the same.

LUSHLOOKE69
31-03-2006, 13:43
Sharon Marshel confirmed in this morning there is an accident but Rosie is not "left fighting for her life in Intensive care" she merely breaks her ankle.

crazygirl
31-03-2006, 14:08
Sharon Marshel confirmed in this morning there is an accident but Rosie is not "left fighting for her life in Intensive care" she merely breaks her ankle.yea i laughed when she said that :lol:

Pixie
02-04-2006, 15:29
ah thats a little different then - atleast it means rosie wont be killed off!

Becksfanz
02-04-2006, 21:43
i really dont want her to be killed off as i like her and craig being together.

shannisrules
02-04-2006, 21:49
ahhhh rite so she wont end up in hospital or if she does it'll be for a cast, o well at least they wont kill her off

Rain_
05-04-2006, 15:13
i guess it's just me rosie irritates then?

Siobhan
05-04-2006, 15:24
i guess it's just me rosie irritates then?

god no.. she irrates the hell out of me too. Her, david and Sara lou make me want to switch off everytime

RealityGap
07-04-2006, 12:36
god no.. she irrates the hell out of me too. Her, david and Sara lou make me want to switch off everytime

me too - oh and Jason and Molly too

Siobhan
07-04-2006, 14:08
me too - oh and Jason and Molly too

Molly and her dad should leave.. And what it with Molly's eyes, they are so big they have their own acting part

i_luv_dennis
07-04-2006, 15:36
i dont want rosie to die i love her and craig

Becksfanz
07-04-2006, 23:08
i like Roise but Sarah Lou, oh god, really is annoying! Her whining and jealously! Gr

Cat2687
08-04-2006, 01:18
Sp everybody has a problem with the young characters then...they could hardly get rid of all the ones you dont like could they......there'd be no characters left

harvest
16-11-2007, 01:21
Shock Horror...i wonder what she'll do? :hmm:

A sarah-lou n become a teen mum? :searchme:
or a Maria n get rid? :searchme:

it seems like pregnancy is the only storyline for youngsters these days. :nono: i was enjoying the whole john/rosie thing!!

how annoying! :wall:

Joanne
16-11-2007, 06:33
Is John the dad? She's flirting with a boy in her class isnt she to get John jealous, or keep him interested. The way she is these days I wouldn't be surprised if she started sleeping with him to keep him sweet.

harvest
16-11-2007, 09:43
Yeah apparently it all comes out about Rosie n John on Christmas day...Kevin goes mad and attacks John and ends up getting arrested. Then early 2008 Rosie realises she's pregnant...I think it's Johns. :hmm:

tammyy2j
16-11-2007, 10:16
Yes isn't she suppose to get an abortion? I wonder what Sally will be more mad at - the fact John choose Rosie over her or Rosie's pregnancy

Katy
16-11-2007, 15:12
Why can't a teenager sllep with someone and not get pregnant. Although i think it could be quite a good storyline especially if Sally finds out.

LostVoodoo
16-11-2007, 18:23
Why can't a teenager sllep with someone and not get pregnant.
exactly, that's what i liked about the whole Roise-Craig storyline, they wqere good kids who weren't sleeping around and were sensible enough to use protection. Rosie has become a horrible little tart, and i hope this storyline isn't true because it'll just drag the whole cringey thing out even further.

Abbie
16-11-2007, 22:32
oh no!!!!!!! I hate the whole Rosie and john thing, it just suddenly happened and makes no sense

CrazyLea
16-11-2007, 22:45
Hmm well I did like the Rosie/John thing; even if she does look like a desperate tart lol. But I didn't want her to get pregnant :rolleyes:. I'm looking forward to Kevin and Sally's reaction to their affair though.

Bubblegum
17-11-2007, 10:42
i so hope that this isn't true!
why does she have to get pregnant (Katy i so agree with you). not every teenager does! :thumbsdow

Ruffed_lemur
17-11-2007, 19:00
Soaps aren't a good advert for contraception are they? So many unplanned pregnancies! Time they gave it a rest I think.

Abbie
17-11-2007, 20:42
Soaps aren't a good advert for contraception are they? So many unplanned pregnancies! Time they gave it a rest I think.

Lol you can say that again, I think this time they just want it to be different cos she is with an older man and well you know the rest of the story, but I still dont like it

Chris_2k11
17-11-2007, 21:06
I should of saw this one coming

Perdita
20-11-2007, 16:04
I agree that we could have done without another pregnancy but look forward to seeing Gail's face when she finds out that Sally's precious daughter is no better than her teenage daughter getting pregnant. Sally must be having a nervous breakdown, passed over by John in favour of Rosie and becoming a granny before she would really like to.:o

no1abbafan
20-11-2007, 17:44
I have to admit, I can't get a handle on this storyline - it's all so silly - what power does she have over him, (Rosie and John), why doesn't he leave Fizz, it's all to weird for my liking.

heardki
21-11-2007, 15:17
Rosie used to be a good kid, but know, she is nothing but a tart, the storyline is becoming stuipd. Can't even be bother to watch it when Rosie/John come onto the screen.

As for that pouting, :crying: she is worse then Victoria Beckham. It don't look good, perhaps someone close to her should say she looks like an old cod fish washed up on the sand.

Perhaps she could get a role in the programme Band of Gold, if it returns, she would make a great tart. :lol:

Chloe
22-11-2007, 13:36
Yeah apparently it all comes out about Rosie n John on Christmas day...Kevin goes mad and attacks John and ends up getting arrested. Then early 2008 Rosie realises she's pregnant...I think it's Johns. :hmm:

You can just imagine Sally screaming at John "no wonder you turned me down" etc etc, whilst Kevin is in earshot...

*-Rooney-*
19-01-2008, 19:50
when does rosie find out that she is pregnant

Perdita
19-01-2008, 20:09
Can't be long seeing they started the affair late last year, she could be nearly 3 months pregnant now if she fell straight away. I would have thought she was on the contraceptives after she started her relationship with Craig and had to have the "morning after pill".

Kim
19-01-2008, 20:57
Somehow I've only just seen this thread, but I have to agree with what's been said above. Fair enough it's a good idea to warn teenagers about the risks involved with having unprotected sex, but they just seem to be going on and on and on about pregnancy. If they want to have the same types of storylines, can't they at least change it to STI scares or the characters actually contracting STI's?

Abbie
19-01-2008, 21:05
I agree as horrible as it sounds they dont bring up STI's enough, thye focus too much on pregnancy which yes is an issue but STI's are just as bad

Kim
19-01-2008, 21:24
Just as bad or worse I think. Teen pregnancy can't exactly kill, well unless there's complications in birth which soaps haven't really highlighted much either. But yeah it's completely the wrong message they're sending out without really focussing on STI's; it's no wonder teenagers adopt the notion that STI's will never happen to them.

Siobhan
19-01-2008, 21:29
[quote=Kim;552966]Just as bad or worse I think. Teen pregnancy can't exactly kill, well unless there's complications in birth which soaps haven't really highlighted much either. /quote]

Kim, totally agree.. my niece is very young and has 2 kids and it was only as her last child was born with problems that she has said she is not having any more.. I think if my grandniece was fine then my niece would have had more kids...
Soaps don't show the other side of pregnancy and birth. the perils of smoking and drinking during pregnancy. The complication that can happen during birth and how much some parent can struggle to bring a child up

Abbie
19-01-2008, 21:32
I mean I think in the past year we have seen an increase in adverts that are trying to tackle the promblems of STI's

BeckyBee
21-01-2008, 08:07
[quote=Kim;552966]Just as bad or worse I think. Teen pregnancy can't exactly kill, well unless there's complications in birth which soaps haven't really highlighted much either. /quote]

Kim, totally agree.. my niece is very young and has 2 kids and it was only as her last child was born with problems that she has said she is not having any more.. I think if my grandniece was fine then my niece would have had more kids...
Soaps don't show the other side of pregnancy and birth. the perils of smoking and drinking during pregnancy. The complication that can happen during birth and how much some parent can struggle to bring a child up

I agree and the teen pregnacies they have shown are not true to life, look at Sarha, that wasn't a true to life teen with a baby, she stayed on at school, held a full time job, future romance's and a big wedding then started a new life in a new country, i know a lot of teen mums & life is nothing like that, it's bloody hard - i had my first child when i was 25 years old, and damn i wish my life was as good as hers. If Rosie is pregers i hope they show a different more true to life example

Abbie
21-01-2008, 20:32
I just think they have turned Rose into a horrible character, I can see her turning into a Tracey barlow

Perdita
23-01-2008, 07:25
I just think they have turned Rose into a horrible character, I can see her turning into a Tracey barlow

Oh, I hope not, but you are right, she has become very precocious. :eek:

Katy
23-01-2008, 10:15
ive never liked her since they changed the actress from the cute little blonde girl to the one they have now.

I think they should use Sophie more, she is hilarious.

Abbie
23-01-2008, 14:07
I wonder what the actress is like who plays Rosie

Perdita
23-01-2008, 16:54
I wonder what the actress is like who plays Rosie

I think I once read that they are not unlike each other, she certainly enjoys playing the character.

*-Rooney-*
09-02-2008, 03:54
if this spoiler is true shouldnt have rosie found out by now that she is up the duff since shes not been with john since christmas, therefore she would be approx 6 weeks,

Abbie
09-02-2008, 15:30
ive never liked her since they changed the actress from the cute little blonde girl to the one they have now.

I think they should use Sophie more, she is hilarious.
I love sophie, she cracks me up everytime :lol:

if this spoiler is true shouldnt have rosie found out by now that she is up the duff since shes not been with john since christmas, therefore she would be approx 6 weeks,

Well I dont know, cos remember Sonia from Eastenders? She didnt find out till she was in labour

*-Rooney-*
10-02-2008, 01:54
yeah thats true but i think that only worked because sonia was a bigger character, and didnt notice weight gain. Rosie is a stick

LostVoodoo
10-02-2008, 09:36
yeah thats true but i think that only worked because sonia was a bigger character, and didnt notice weight gain. Rosie is a stick

no she's not. and the whole not-noticing-she-was-pregnant thing was the whole point of the storyline for sonia (a fairly rubbish one at that), whereas this wouldn't be. unless they suddenly throw this storyline in asap i think we can hope that its been abandonned.

Ruffed_lemur
10-02-2008, 14:53

She wouldn't necessarily suspect she was pregnant yet, but I hope she isn't personally. Too many unplanned babies in Soaps!

*funky*monkey*
10-02-2008, 17:10
Yeah Sophie's Really Funny... Not Liking Rosie at ALL!:nono:

*-Rooney-*
10-02-2008, 20:25
well you know what they say about kids, you never get 2 the same (thats def the case in my family with me and my bro)

I wish the never changed rosie - she went from a nice girl who was in a serious relationship with craig to a slapper who just goes about to ruin relationships

Perdita
16-09-2008, 06:02
Coronation Street minx Rosie Webster - played by 18-year-old Helen Flanagan - drops the bombshell of all bombshells on her boss Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) next week when she exposes Carla (Alison King) and Liam's (Rob James-Collier) affair. Put out when Tony turns down her offer of a night of passion, Rosie sees red and shows him the video clip of Carla and Liam kissing on her mobile phone. Helen chats to us about her saucy underwear scenes, her desire to become a Rovers barmaid and Rosie's 'disappearance'.

Rosie's disappointed when Tony takes Carla to the fashion awards instead of her, isn't she?
"Yeah, she goes into The Rovers all dolled up, showing off to the rest of the factory girls but Kevin, her dad, says 'you're not going out dressed like that'. When Tony turns up, Rosie suggests that they go for a drink somewhere a bit better than The Rovers. Tony completely shows Rosie up in front of everyone, though, when he tells her that he's taking Carla instead. She's so upset by it, it's such a big deal for her."

Rosie has no remorse about telling Kevin that she stole all of his business papers from the garage to give to Tony. Does she have a conscience?
"She told him because she was frustrated and he was being horrible. She's overcome with emotion when she blurts it out, but at the time, she never deliberately went out to hurt her family. She had her own interests at heart first, but she genuinely thought she was helping her family."

The writers are giving you some fantastic comedy/classic bitch lines, aren't they?
"Absolutely. I'm really lucky because the scriptwriters have been giving me great material. Some of the material which I'm filming at the moment is quite challenging, too, which is great for me."

After the disappointment with the fashion awards, Rosie capitalises on Tony's generosity when he takes her for a slap-up meal, doesn't she?
"Tony takes her to a hotel spa and they have a nice meal together but Rosie has another trick up her sleeve and passes a folded napkin over to him with a room key wrapped in it. When Tony goes upstairs, she's sat there waiting for him in saucy underwear!"

The hotel scenes are some of the sauciest you've ever filmed, aren't they? What was your reaction when you heard you'd be standing on national TV in skimpy underwear?
"It didn't bother me to be honest. I'm quite comfortable about my body. And with the show going out at 7.30, we have to be quite careful and make sure everything's thought through because children might be watching, so I knew it wasn't going to be too risqué."

Tony's reaction isn't quite what she's looking for is it?
"He outright rejects her. She's angry with him because she feels like he's been leading her on. I think Tony's taken it a little too far with Rosie and he should have seen Rosie as a girl with a crush. But his reaction pushes her to reveal Carla's big secret - her affair with Liam."

Why has Rosie kept the video secret for all this time?
"Rosie's a very clever girl. She does have a nasty streak to her, but she's cunning and she knew that the video footage would come into use at some point."

And the week after Tony discovers the truth about Carla and Liam, Rosie seemingly disappears off the face of the Earth, doesn't she?
"Well, let's just say she's upset a lot of people and she's not very happy, so you'll just have to wait and see what happens."

We don't know how Liam's going to die, but Rosie's the catalyst for his death. How do you feel to be inadvertently responsible for the demise of one of Corrie's most popular characters?
"I think Rosie's take on that would be that Carla was having an affair, so it's really her fault, not Rosie's. She only plays a small part in that chain of events."

It's not long until Rosie's 18 and legally be able to drink. Are you looking forward to getting more scenes in The Rovers?
"I've had quite a few scenes in The Rovers lately and that's been fantastic, but I'm definitely looking forward to more. It'd be great if Rosie had her first drink thrown over her and I'd love for Rosie to be a Corrie barmaid. I don't know if the producers will ever go down that route, but it'd be amazing if they did."

tammyy2j
16-09-2008, 10:40
I hope Rosie permanently disappears

heardki
16-09-2008, 12:41
Pity they don't kill Rosie off instead of Liam.

She as got to be the worst actress in soapland

Katy
16-09-2008, 17:35
Definitly its that expression she does on her face. Its a shame the dissapearence isnt a permanent one.

no1abbafan
16-09-2008, 17:59
Femme Fatale she is definately not, she is the worst actress I have seen in a long time.

Chris_2k11
16-09-2008, 20:50
She loves herself

lizann
17-09-2008, 11:41
Rosie Webster terrible character

Helen Flanagan terrible arrogant actress

LostVoodoo
18-09-2008, 13:36
here here, rosie would be quite a fun charcater if the girl who played her was not so cringe-worthily awful!

lizann
14-10-2008, 14:07
Rosie Webster is locked up in a disused attic.

The fearful babe is almost unrecognisable as she sits alone on a dusty old bed contemplating her fate.

And just like poor Rosie, viewers of the ITV1 soap have been in the dark as to her whereabouts since she disappeared a couple of weeks ago.

But the terrified teenager is being held captive after being snatched off the street.

Bosses are keeping tight-lipped about the identity of her captor but with evil businessman Tony Gordon set to do away with Liam Connor this week he’s got to be the number one suspect.

A Coronation Street insider told the Daily Star Sunday: “Rosie was the one who showed Tony the footage of Carla and Liam so he would benefit most from her being out of the way as she provides him with a motive for murder.

“But we’ve also seen how she’s sent ex-lover John Stape over the edge in recent weeks.

“He also has a reason to keep her locked up – as far as John is concerned Rosie’s to blame for putting his relationship with Fiz in jeopardy.

“And the other suspect is Leanne Battersby.

“She’s been keen to cash in on the lottery win she’s been hiding from the rest of the girls at the knicker factory. With Rosie out of the way it means she’s more likely to get her hands on the money.

“But viewers will have to wait and see who’s behind her ordeal.

“The scenes are going to be very dramatic and Rosie ends up begging for her life.”

Fans of Corrie will be able to see Rosie locked up for the first time a week tomorrow.

Pity she isnt locked up permanently

alan45
14-10-2008, 14:10

The fearful babe is almost unrecognisable as she sits alone on a dusty old bed contemplating her fate.

And just like poor Rosie, viewers of the ITV1 soap have been in the dark as to her whereabouts since she disappeared a couple of weeks ago.

But the terrified teenager is being held captive after being snatched off the street.

Bosses are keeping tight-lipped about the identity of her captor but with evil businessman Tony Gordon set to do away with Liam Connor this week he’s got to be the number one suspect.

A Coronation Street insider told the Daily Star Sunday: “Rosie was the one who showed Tony the footage of Carla and Liam so he would benefit most from her being out of the way as she provides him with a motive for murder.

“But we’ve also seen how she’s sent ex-lover John Stape over the edge in recent weeks.

“He also has a reason to keep her locked up – as far as John is concerned Rosie’s to blame for putting his relationship with Fiz in jeopardy.

“She’s been keen to cash in on the lottery win she’s been hiding from the rest of the girls at the knicker factory. With Rosie out of the way it means she’s more likely to get her hands on the money.

“The scenes are going to be very dramatic and Rosie ends up begging for her life.”

Fans of Corrie will be able to see Rosie locked up for the first time a week tomorrow.

ROFPMSL:lol:

BeckyBee
15-10-2008, 11:53

It's clear who has taken her in my opinion, will possibly be turning off Corrie again after this week, i can't do with another big Rosie storyline again :rolleyes:

Perdita
18-10-2008, 14:20
Mystery has surrounded Rosie’s sudden disappearance for weeks. Did Tony take her? Did someone else? Or has she simply done a runner?
Finally, her whereabouts are revealed – she’s being held captive by John!

“In his troubled state of mind, he just thinks he’s teaching her a lesson,” reveals Graeme Hawley, who plays John.

At the start of the week, we see dishevelled Rosie in a dingy room – with John. She demands to know when she can leave.

“He can’t let her go yet. After finding Rosie drunk outside a club, similar to last time, he locked her in his car again and this time drove her to his late gran’s house,” reveals Graeme.

And the teen has been locked up in the loft of the deserted house ever since!

“Every day that he doesn’t free Rosie, it gets worse,” adds Graeme. “It becomes more and more difficult to let her go.”

John promises to release her when he has told Fiz. And he buys himself some more time when he makes Rosie send a postcard to her parents saying that she is fine.

However, when Fiz tells John that she has booked a holiday for them, he has to warn Rosie that soon he won’t be around for a few days.

Later, terrified at the thought of being left completely alone, Rosie makes a bid for freedom!

John comes home from work to find her missing and searches the house – until he finds a petrified Rosie hiding in the shower.

“He gets her back into the loft and Rosie accepts defeat,” says Graeme. ”She is not going to get out.”

tammyy2j
23-01-2009, 17:29
RACY Rosie Webster turns into a glamour girl and sends her parents into a rage.

The Street’s sex bomb poses provocatively for a steamy centre-page spread as she takes revenge on her weirdo former lover John Stape by telling all to a newspaper.

Rosie was kidnapped and held hostage by the maniac, who has now been jailed.

And – as revealed in your Daily Star last month – she decides to cash in on her ordeal by selling her story to the Weatherfield Gazette.

Rosie (Helen Flanagan, 19) insists the headline should read “My weeks of hell” and the story must include the line: “My biggest fear was creepy John Stape would make me his slave.”

But in tonight’s episodes her long-suffering parents Sally and Kevin (Sally Whittaker, 45, and Michael Le Vell, 43) hit the roof when they open the paper and spot their scantily-clad daughter.

Disgusted Kevin tells her: “You’ve made a mockery out of the whole thing.

“Your mum and me were worried sick imagining all the sick and terrible things that could have happened to you and you cash in on it all by flaunting your body all over the papers. I’m ashamed of you.”

It is not the first time fans have seen Helen in her undies. 

She peeled off in a bid to seduce her boss Tony Gordon (Gray O’Brien, 40) in a hotel room.

But she is not the only daughter causing Kevin and Sally heartache tonight.

They discover a pregnancy test in the bin and blame Rosie.

But they are shocked when her little sister Sophie (Brooke Vincent, 16) admits she took the test and it was positive.

Mechanic Kevin blows a gasket, vowing to find the father and give him a good pasting

See the uproar over Rosie in tonight’s shows on ITV1 at 7.30pm and 8.30pm.

alan45
23-01-2009, 20:52
RACY Rosie Webster turns into a glamour girl and sends her parents into a rage.

The Street’s sex bomb poses provocatively for a steamy centre-page spread as she takes revenge on her weirdo former lover John Stape by telling all to a newspaper.

Rosie was kidnapped and held hostage by the maniac, who has now been jailed.

And – as revealed in your Daily Star last month – she decides to cash in on her ordeal by selling her story to the Weatherfield Gazette.

Rosie (Helen Flanagan, 19) insists the headline should read “My weeks of hell” and the story must include the line: “My biggest fear was creepy John Stape would make me his slave.”

But in tonight’s episodes her long-suffering parents Sally and Kevin (Sally Whittaker, 45, and Michael Le Vell, 43) hit the roof when they open the paper and spot their scantily-clad daughter.

Disgusted Kevin tells her: “You’ve made a mockery out of the whole thing.

“Your mum and me were worried sick imagining all the sick and terrible things that could have happened to you and you cash in on it all by flaunting your body all over the papers. I’m ashamed of you.”

It is not the first time fans have seen Helen in her undies. 

She peeled off in a bid to seduce her boss Tony Gordon (Gray O’Brien, 40) in a hotel room.

But she is not the only daughter causing Kevin and Sally heartache tonight.

They discover a pregnancy test in the bin and blame Rosie.

But they are shocked when her little sister Sophie (Brooke Vincent, 16) admits she took the test and it was positive.

Mechanic Kevin blows a gasket, vowing to find the father and give him a good pasting

See the uproar over Rosie in tonight’s shows on ITV1 at 7.30pm and 8.30pm.

This has already been mentioned in the episode spoilers:lweek:

alan45
18-03-2009, 00:29
CORRIE bitch Rosie Webster is to land a huge windfall — from her KIDNAPPER.
Power-hungry Rosie goes on a spending spree with John Stape’s dosh.

But cocky Rosie soon becomes “Weatherfield’s most hated” after splashing cash on a sports car, designer gear — and a share in Underworld.

Disgraced teacher John (Graeme Hawley) sends her money from jail hoping it will make amends after he kept her banged up at his gran’s. The cash is from the sale of the house.

A source said: “John feels guilty. He thinks she’ll forgive him because of the money.

“He hopes it will mean he’s accepted back into Weatherfield when he’s let out of prison.”

But teen Rosie (Helen Flanagan) — who sold her story and posed for snaps to cash in on her kidnap — lets the bonanza go to her head.

The Underworld girls are seething when Rosie, an office assistant at the knicker factory, buys into the business after new boss Luke Strong (Craig Kelly) hits cash problems.

The insider said: “The factory girls are furious Rosie will suddenly become one of their bosses.

“And won’t she just let them all know it. She’ll become Weatherfield’s most hated overnight.”

Abigail
18-03-2009, 00:39
Woah, Rosie buying a stake in Underworld? :eek: That's bad. She doesn't strike me as the sort of person who has business sense.

Chris_2k11
18-03-2009, 14:40
haha i like the sound of this! :D

Perdita
18-03-2009, 14:43
Will she have her stake for long though? She has no business sense and I reckon when Carla comes back, she will become top dog again, hopefully sacking Rosie in the process. :) I feel sorry for the machinists already, she will make their lives hell :D

walsh2509
18-03-2009, 14:59
CORRIE bitch Rosie Webster is to land a huge windfall — from her KIDNAPPER.
Power-hungry Rosie goes on a spending spree with John Stape’s dosh.

But cocky Rosie soon becomes “Weatherfield’s most hated” after splashing cash on a sports car, designer gear — and a share in Underworld.

Disgraced teacher John (Graeme Hawley) sends her money from jail hoping it will make amends after he kept her banged up at his gran’s. The cash is from the sale of the house.

A source said: “John feels guilty. He thinks she’ll forgive him because of the money.

“He hopes it will mean he’s accepted back into Weatherfield when he’s let out of prison.”

But teen Rosie (Helen Flanagan) — who sold her story and posed for snaps to cash in on her kidnap — lets the bonanza go to her head.

The Underworld girls are seething when Rosie, an office assistant at the knicker factory, buys into the business after new boss Luke Strong (Craig Kelly) hits cash problems.

The insider said: “The factory girls are furious Rosie will suddenly become one of their bosses.

“And won’t she just let them all know it. She’ll become Weatherfield’s most hated overnight.”

LOVE IT ! :cheer: :cheer: Come on Rosie ... I love it when she drives the others up the wall.

LostVoodoo
18-03-2009, 16:06
how much money is Stape giving her?! ok i can understand he might have enough for her to spend on a naff car (can she even drive?) but a share in a business? he was an english teacher and then a cab driver!

Abigail
18-03-2009, 16:07
The money comes from the sale of his house.

lizann
21-03-2009, 11:40
So Tony, Luke and Rosie will all own Underworld - great team :rolleyes:

I wish Rosie would take a permanent holiday fast

Perdita
01-06-2009, 07:46
CORRIE minx Rosie Webster is to get into men's underwear - by designing sexy boxer shorts.
She buys up shares in knicker factory Underworld with compensation money from kidnapper John Stape.

And the 18-year-old secretary draws up some daring designs.

She forces new business partners Luke Strong (Craig Kelly) and Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) to take her raunchy plans seriously.

She tells the pair: "My ideas look absolutely amazing in my head. I know it will work.

All I need to do is get the underpants down on paper and we'll all be rich."

Murderer Tony is furious at Rosie's attitude and insists she's getting ideas above her station.

Luke winds him up even more by feeding Rosie's ego.

He promises to make samples of her designs and send them to the factory's biggest clients so they can give feedback.

Rosie is thrilled and screams excitedly: "Watch out Calvin Klein - here I come!"

Insiders on the ITV1 soap say the cheery storyline will be a change for Rosie actress Helen Flanagan - after her character was kidnapped by former teacher John.

He tries to make up for the crime while in prison by selling his grandmother's home, where he imprisoned Rosie, and giving the teen the cash.

A Corrie insider said: "Helen's had some harrowing storylines so it's nice for her to do something a little lighter.

"Rosie went through hell when she was kidnapped. But she has bounced back and, as long as she's got some money in her pocket, she feels able to start again.

"She's determined to make it big - and men's underpants are something she knows a lot about!"

Perdita
02-06-2009, 06:35
Coronation Street's teen temptress Rosie Webster - played by 19-year-old Helen Flanagan - has a huge influx of cash coming her way in the next few weeks to the tune of £150,000, which serves to turn the head of Underworld co-owner Luke Strong (Craig Kelly). When John Stape (Graeme Hawley) - the man who kidnapped her at the end of last year - hands over the sale proceeds from the house in which he kept her locked away for seven weeks, Luke takes a keen interest in the wannabe WAG purely in the hope of securing additional investment in the factory. With a wedge of cash in-hand and a good looking businessman requiring a fund injection of his own, what will Rosie do with her new-found wealth? We gave Helen a call to find out more.

Rosie has her eye on yet another boss of her's - what is it with Rosie and bosses?
"I think she's attracted to the power and money. Rosie's knows that she can use her womanly wiles to get what she wants. In the long run, she wants a life away from Weatherfield. She wants to be rich when she's older and aspires to be like Carla - gorgeous, sexy and wearing designer clothes.

"Thinking about it, Rosie's actually tried it on with all of her bosses! They've all knocked her back apart from Luke and now she's thinking: 'I've finally got one!'"

What is it about Luke?
"There is this chemistry between them. Luke's charming, though, and obviously very attractive. He's got this cheeky side, too."

Is Rosie driven by money?
"It's not wholly about the money. She's more driven by glamour and power. She definitely gets it off her mum! You should hear Sally when Rosie gets the £150,000 from John Stape. Sally's wanting Rosie to spend the money on a hot tub in the garden! Ideas always above her station!"

So Rosie gets a visiting order from John…
"Yeah, what happens is that John writes Rosie a letter from prison. He's riddled with guilt after kidnapping her at the end of last year and he's trying to make it right. He has the £150,000 inheritance from the sale of his grandma's house, so he decides to give all the money to Rosie to clear his conscience. Rosie doesn't know about the money when she gets the letter, but she's intrigued about why he wants to see her. She goes to the prison and she's shocked by his offer, but she sees it as compensation!"

What does she do with the money?
"She just flaunts it around to annoy everyone and splurges it on champagne, big shopping trips, a £3,000 handbag and a flash new sports car which she calls her 'new baby'!"

Does the money turn Luke's head?
"Yeah, there was an attraction before the money and Rosie's cottoned onto it. She's not stupid, though, and sees that there's more of an attraction there now she has some money to her name - she even says it to him - but Rosie's playing Luke at his own game. She knows that once she's invested in Underworld, she can saunter in the next day knowing that she's sleeping with the boss, she wadded with cash and she's going to become one of the bosses, too! She's on a cloud!"

Rosie's into older men, but do you not wish that they'd bring in a younger guy for her?
"I love working with the younger cast, but it's also nice working with the older cast, too. You become good friends and they teach you so much . I did have a scene with Lucien [Laviscount] who plays the gorgeous Ben and they were at this BBQ and Rosie decided to flirt outrageously with him. That was really fun to play, but I think I scared the poor boy to death!"

Sally Whittaker and Michael Le Vell are your second parents now – what's it like working with them?
"It's really lovely. It's a great little family unit. Me and Brooke [Vincent] are actually like sisters. We make each other laugh so much. The atmosphere's great between us and our favourite scenes to do are in the Websters' - we can just play around with the material because we all know each other so well.

Are you looking forward to Alison King's return?
"I can't wait for Ali to come back! I really get on so well with her, she's so lovely. When Carla returns to the Street, I think she'll be putting Rosie back in her place and have her back on tea duty!"

[B]Rosie on Kevin's affair and Tony's downfall

Coronation Street's Rosie Webster's (Helen Flanagan) bank balance increases by a fair few grand in a couple of weeks' time when John Stape (Graeme Hawley) has an attack of the guilties and decides to hand over his £150,000 inheritance from the sale of his grandma's house.

With a stash of cash in hand, Rosie flaunts her new wealth around the Street, enjoying champagne in the Rovers, a shopping trip to buy a £3k handbag and a flashy new sports car. All her mum Sally (Sally Whittaker) wants, however, is a hot tub in the garden. Classic Mrs Webster.

Add into that the extra attention she begins to receive from Underworld boss Luke Strong (Craig Kelly) and it looks like Rosie's onto a winner...

Last week, I managed to catch up with Helen during a break filming at Corrie. Click here to read the main part of the interview. Read on, however, for some bonus helpings of storyline goodness.

What was your reaction to the Molly and Kevin affair storyline when you first heard about it?
"I think it'll be brilliant. I was filming a scene the other day when Rosie nearly walked in on them together and I couldn't watch it! I actually felt like my dad was having an affair right in front of my eyes!"

What do you think Rosie would say?
"Rosie can be a bit of a bitch, but she does have a heart and I think she'll be devastated. That'd really upset her and even though she thinks her mum's a pain in the backside, she loves her mum and dad. It'd be a big wake-up call for Rosie and would probably make her more mature."

Would you like Rosie to be involved in Tony Gordon's downfall?
"It'd be lovely to be, but it's such a big storyline. It'll be interesting to see how it all unravels. It's going to be huge. I don't think Rosie's ever forgiven Tony for that time when she dressed up for him in that skimpy underwear in the hotel, though!"

Is there anybody that you've not had a scene with that you'd love to work with?
"My favourites on the Street are Malcolm Hebden who plays Norris and Maggie Jones who plays Blanche. They are legends. I've had a few scenes with Norris and Blanche's one-liners are hilarious. When I'm watching at home, they make me laugh so much.

"I've heard that I have a few scenes coming up with Kym Marsh, who I get on really well with, so I'm looking forward to that. Everything she does is really natural. We're 'love rivals' on-screen, too…But really there's no competition is there?! I'm not much of a rival! Luke'll just choose Kym anyway!"

lizann
04-06-2009, 23:55
Oh God i hate Rosie

Hannelene
06-06-2009, 12:47
I can't believe all of this is going to happen. I would like Rosie to be involved in Tony's downfall but I heard that Luke attempts to take advantage of her new found wealth.....

tammyy2j
07-08-2009, 15:58
Helen Flanagan is set to thrill her fans with a raunchy strip on Corrie’s famous cobbles.

The gorgeous 18-year-old won an army of admirers when she appeared in the soap wearing a saucy corset.

Now bosses want the babe to do it again – and this time they are making the scenes even sexier.

Helen, who plays feisty Rosie Webster, will strip down to sexy Agent Provocateur undies, including stockings and suspenders, in a saucy story*line to be screened next month.

The heat is on when she spots her ex Luke Strong (Craig Kelly, 38) getting intimate with Michelle Connor (Kym Marsh, 33) on the balcony of his flat.

She rushes home and puts on high heels and her most revealing lingerie, concealing it all under a coat. As Luke and Michelle continue to snog on the balcony, Rosie confronts the pair.

And after trading insults with Michelle she whips off her coat to reveal her curves and asks: “Is your temperature rising, Luke?”

Michelle tells her: “Put it away, Rosie, and try to have some dignity.”

But the raunchy babe knows her strip show has had the effect she wanted and walks off, sexily dragging her coat behind her.

Hannelene
08-08-2009, 08:37
Oh Rosie :(
So cheap and tacky!

tammyy2j
18-12-2009, 16:50
Coronation Street's Rosie Webster is set to strip off as she attempts to become Weatherfield's answer to Jordan.

The teenager dresses in provocative underwear to pose for a portfolio of sexy photographs and later wears a skimpy outfit as she starts work as a vodka promotions girl.

The storyline comes just weeks after the character stripped off in scenes which were deemed too raunchy to be shown before the watershed in the ITV1 soap.

The new plot causes a headache for Rosie's parents Sally and Kevin, who are horrified when their neighbours get a glimpse of the snaps.

Helen Flanagan, who plays Rosie, says she is thrilled with the latest episodes: "This is the perfect career for Rosie, she is like so many girls out there who read the celeb mags every week and want to be like Katie Price or celebs from shows like Big Brother.

"But yet again it does all go wrong for her as she is exploited by the photographer, but even that doesn’t seem to put her off. She sees it as a way to make money quick without having to do much hard work!"

Abbie
22-12-2009, 23:15
oh no!

why couldnt Tony have killed her off instead

Hannelene
28-12-2009, 12:45
This could be so funny as Rosie likes to believe or think she is what all men desire!

triciajohn
28-12-2009, 20:55
So is Sophie Webster really pregnant this time? i thought the pregnancy test was found in the bin last year when she was crying out for attention!

Perdita
29-12-2009, 07:07
Is she supposed to be pregnant? She made a vow of chastity until marriage, so unlikely she would have slept with anyone. She has just split with Ben because he made a pass at Ryan's mum

Anyway, this thread is about Rosie Webster, not Sophie

LostVoodoo
29-12-2009, 11:33
what made me laugh about Rosie last night was when she freaked out when Graham saw her photos and started perving over her, what does she expect being a glamour model involves?!

Perdita
29-12-2009, 12:52
Graeme is supposed to get an unexpected love interest ... maybe him and Rosie get together :eek:

*-Rooney-*
29-12-2009, 13:24
that would be unexpected lol

Hannelene
30-12-2009, 10:29
Would Rosie ever go for Graham?
I wpuld of said no but Rosie did sleep with John Stape and he was hardly her type!

Dazzle
30-12-2009, 11:06
... but Rosie did sleep with John Stape and he was hardly her type!

I think Rosie slept with John Stape because she enjoyed having power over an older man, rather than that she fancied him.

Hannelene
30-12-2009, 15:14
I think she liked John Stape I don't think it was about power games

Perdita
09-01-2010, 06:04
RACY Rosie Webster hits the roof on Monday night’s show after being conned by a dodgy glamour photographer.

The wannabe Jordan (Helen Flanagan, 19) is horrified when a photo is altered to appear as if a man is grabbing her boobs. To make matters worse, the snap is used in an advert for a drain company.

Daily Star

Katy
09-01-2010, 10:45
Will she ever learn.

LostVoodoo
09-01-2010, 11:07
a drain company? LOL

Hannelene
09-01-2010, 11:14
Drains?
What has this got to do with drains?

Perdita
09-01-2010, 12:30
I expect the advert is for a drain company rather than lingerie, which is what silly Rosie would have believed

LalaGaga
09-01-2010, 19:32
What another boring story line.

Abbie
15-01-2010, 17:39
Will she ever learn.

Nope shes not capable, she goes from one dull annoying thig to another

PILKY
15-01-2010, 18:52
Will she ever learn.

no she wont

Perdita
18-01-2010, 08:23
ROSIE Webster’s modelling career continues to drive her dad nuts – leading him into a fight in the Rovers Return.

The glam girl’s latest move is posing for pictures plugging peanuts.

And the ad campaign she signs up for features her posing in a bikini for photos hidden behind packets of nuts on sale in pubs – including the Rovers.

As punters buy the nuts more of Rosie is revealed, with Eddie Windass and Lloyd Mullaney leading the charge to chomp their way to an ogle. But Kev is furious when he finds out what’s happening and storms into the Rovers to give the pair what for.

And when Eddie retaliates by making a sleazy comment about Rosie, Kevin completely loses it. He grabs him by the scruff of his neck and threatens to knock his lights out.

Lloyd tries to calm him down but ends up making the situation even worse. A Coronation Street insider said: “Rosie decides to go ahead with her boob job despite finding out about mum Sally’s breast cancer."

“She desperate to raise the money she needs for the operation and takes on all the modelling work she can get."

“She’s more than happy to show off her curves and has absolutely no problem stripping off. But poor Kevin can’t handle it, especially when the likes of Eddie and Lloyd are leering over his daughter. She’ll always be his little girl and although he can’t stop her pursuing her dream of becoming a glamour model he can sure as hell make certain all the locals know how he feels about it."

“Kevin’s under a lot of pressure at the moment what with his wife Sally having been diagnosed with cancer. And there’s the small matter of his affair with his best mate’s wife Molly Dobbs. It’s not a good time for Kevin and anyone who crosses him does so at their own risk.”

Fans of the ITV1 soap will be able to watch the drama as Kevin loses his temper with Eddie a week tomorrow.

Daily Star

Perdita
26-01-2011, 06:15
CORRIE sex kitten Rosie Webster is caught out next month when she agrees to a new job without realising she has to go topless.

The Weatherfield babe is still pursuing her career as a promotions girl.

And she is thrilled when she lands another lucrative contract.

But Rosie – played by gorgeous actress Helen Flanagan, 20 – is left stunned when she arrives at the photoshoot and the snapper expects her to get her boobs out.

A show insider laughs: “As you can imagine it doesn’t go down too well and she storms off in a right huff.

“She tells her boyfriend Jason about her ‘ordeal’ and he says he would back her if she wanted to launch herself as a glamour model because she’s got a great pair.

“But that doesn’t go down too well with Rosie either.”

She lets rip at her agent for putting her up for such an X-rated role. But Rosie is in for an even bigger shock later next month.

We can reveal that her sleazy agent turns out to be her mum Sally’s new fella.

Jeff (Steven Houghton, 39) meets Sally (Sally Dynevor, 47) in the Rovers and the pair start dating.

But their future is put on the line when newly-single Sally finds out that he has been moonlighting under a different name. :eek:

Daily Star

parkerman
26-01-2011, 10:40
I have to say that given what we've seen of Rosie so far, I would have thought she wouldn't be averse to going topless. In fact it actually seems out of character that she would object.

tammyy2j
26-01-2011, 11:11
I have to say that given what we've seen of Rosie so far, I would have thought she wouldn't be averse to going topless. In fact it actually seems out of character that she would object.

Very true

parkerman
26-01-2011, 11:24
Of course, it could be wishful thinking on my part.....:D

alan45
26-01-2011, 12:00
Of course, it could be wishful thinking on my part.....:D

Be careful what you say as the PC brigade are watching and you might get an Andy Gray

Perdita
26-01-2011, 12:53
CORRIE sex kitten Rosie Webster is caught out next month when she agrees to a new job without realising she has to go topless.

The Weatherfield babe is still pursuing her career as a promotions girl.

And she is thrilled when she lands another lucrative contract.

But Rosie – played by gorgeous actress Helen Flanagan, 20 – is left stunned when she arrives at the photoshoot and the snapper expects her to get her boobs out.

A show insider laughs: “As you can imagine it doesn’t go down too well and she storms off in a right huff.

“She tells her boyfriend Jason about her ‘ordeal’ and he says he would back her if she wanted to launch herself as a glamour model because she’s got a great pair.

“But that doesn’t go down too well with Rosie either.”

She lets rip at her agent for putting her up for such an X-rated role. But Rosie is in for an even bigger shock later next month.

Jeff (Steven Houghton, 39) meets Sally (Sally Dynevor, 47) in the Rovers and the pair start dating.

But their future is put on the line when newly-single Sally finds out that he has been moonlighting under a different name. :eek:

Daily Star

Pic of Steven Houghton :D

Ruffed_lemur
26-01-2011, 16:16

Daily Star

That sounds good. Be great to see Sally's face when she finds out! :D

walsh2509
28-01-2011, 02:30
Pic of Steven Houghton :D

http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=736&stc=1&d=1296046395
Put a few stones on him and a few weeks growth , and it would be the Owen the builder

alan45
28-01-2011, 13:10
http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=736&stc=1&d=1296046395
Put a few stones on him and a few weeks growth , and it would be the Owen the builder

Actually I think he looks very like Charlie Stubbs

http://www.google.co.uk/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://primetime.unrealitytv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/charlie-stubbs.jpg&sa=X&ei=TcBCTdeQLuOg4QaS2eEJ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGzxI5KNb4NZflfJqR4Qv2AwLXB7w

Siobhan
28-01-2011, 13:25
maybe Tracey will die of fright when she sees him thinking Charlie is back from the dead :rotfl:

Perdita
28-02-2011, 12:55
Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan will take a three-month break from the soap later this year, it has been revealed.

The actress, who plays Rosie Webster on the ITV1 show, is to take time out from her Weatherfield role in the summer because she wants to spend more time with her footballer boyfriend Scott Sinclair, the News of the World reports.

Flanagan is said to have asked her Corrie bosses for time off to coincide with the end of the football season, when Swansea City player Sinclair will be free.

A source told the newspaper: "At the moment she and Scott spend hours on the phone. They meet when they can but this will test if they can be a full-time couple.

"Helen can't wait. She wants to be with him all the time. The only problem will be when they go back to their normal lives, hundreds of miles apart."

Speaking of the impact on Corrie, the insider added: "The writers have done some clever, funny writing to explain her absence."

Flanagan started dating Sinclair in late 2009.

DS

LostVoodoo
28-02-2011, 15:13
wish i was allowed three months off work to hang out with my bf...

Chloe O'brien
01-03-2011, 09:39
wish i was allowed three months off work to hang out with my bf...

Voodoo do you have a big chest and are bright as a blackout? If you have answered "Yes" to any of these questions then you can half three months off to hang out with your boyfriend. :D

parkerman
01-03-2011, 16:18
Voodoo do you have a big chest and are bright as a blackout? If you have answered "Yes" to any of these questions then you can half three months off to hang out with your boyfriend. :D

If you answered yes to just the first question you can hang out with me if you like.:D

Siobhan
01-03-2011, 16:24
I don't understand the question and finding it hard to type as my boobs keep getting in the way

parkerman
01-03-2011, 16:31
You're giving me hot flushes, Shiv....

LostVoodoo
02-03-2011, 16:53

it's not bad as chests go, but i do have a masters degree - oh well back to the grindstone for me! ;)

Chloe O'brien
03-03-2011, 12:10
I don't understand the question and finding it hard to type as my boobs keep getting in the way

OMG I just thought it was me who suffered from this. It must have been a man who designed the keyboard. There's just no were to place your boobs when your working.

tammyy2j
03-03-2011, 12:40
Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan will take a three-month break from the soap later this year, it has been revealed.

The actress, who plays Rosie Webster on the ITV1 show, is to take time out from her Weatherfield role in the summer because she wants to spend more time with her footballer boyfriend Scott Sinclair, the News of the World reports.

Flanagan is said to have asked her Corrie bosses for time off to coincide with the end of the football season, when Swansea City player Sinclair will be free.

A source told the newspaper: "At the moment she and Scott spend hours on the phone. They meet when they can but this will test if they can be a full-time couple.

"Helen can't wait. She wants to be with him all the time. The only problem will be when they go back to their normal lives, hundreds of miles apart."

Speaking of the impact on Corrie, the insider added: "The writers have done some clever, funny writing to explain her absence."

Flanagan started dating Sinclair in late 2009.

DS

Why dont they just axe her

Chloe O'brien
03-03-2011, 12:47
:eek: :eek: Perdy what a terrible thing to say. They can't axe Rawsie. We love her.

Perdita
03-03-2011, 12:54
T'was Tammy who wants her axed .. not me :nono: :lol:

tammyy2j
03-03-2011, 16:06
:eek: :eek: Perdy what a terrible thing to say. They can't axe Rawsie. We love her.

U serious :thumbsdow

alan45
03-03-2011, 16:23
Actually the character of RAWSIE is starting to grow on me. I think she is hilarious with her OTT behaviour and poor old Jason follows her around like a love lost puppy. The recent story where she borrowed Kevs baby for a photoshoot and returned with the wrong one was pure comedy genius and shows what an airheaded bimbo she is

tammyy2j
04-03-2011, 10:41
Tbh the character and the actress who plays her is way OTT imo I could do without her on the show

parkerman
04-03-2011, 10:59
If the character is OTT the actress needs to be as well. You can't have an OTT character played by a demure little blue stocking.

I agree with Alan on this. I think Rawsie is another great comic character in the Coronation Street tradition.

alan45
04-03-2011, 11:31
Tbh the character and the actress who plays her is way OTT imo I could do without her on the show

At least she can act unlike Kate Plank who is totally rubbish and a pointless character. I honestly thought when her sponsor left Corrie we had seen the last of her

tammyy2j
04-03-2011, 11:35
At least she can act unlike Kate Plank who is totally rubbish and a pointless character. I honestly thought when her sponsor left Corrie we had seen the last of her

:lol:

Chloe O'brien
04-03-2011, 11:38
U serious :thumbsdow

Yeah. As Alan says she is complety bonkers. I just laugh at her antics.

alan45
04-03-2011, 11:42
Yeah. As Alan says she is complety bonkers. I just laugh at her antics.

She is really pitiful to watch. The storyline for bringing her back was so incredulous it was farcical. She sickens my happiness everytime she appears on screen. The sooner she goes the better. Corrie doesnt need her.

tammyy2j
04-03-2011, 12:41
She is really pitiful to watch. The storyline for bringing her back was so incredulous it was farcical. She sickens my happiness everytime she appears on screen. The sooner she goes the better. Corrie doesnt need her.

U talking about Rosie or Tracey?

Perdita
04-03-2011, 12:46
Alan means Traceyluv and I totally agree with him

alan45
20-03-2011, 01:35
SEXY Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan is the soap’s latest star to get her own spin-off show.

Coronation Street's Helen Flanagan will star in a new programme that will follow her fame-obsessed character Rosie Webster as she makes her bid for model stardom.

It is set to start online but TV insiders reckon it will make it to the small screen sooner rather than later.

The busty actress will film scenes away from the famous cobbles once the details have been finalised.

It is rumoured wannabe model Rosie will head to London hoping to become the next Katie Price or Sophie Howard.

Helen, 21, a real-life WAG who is dating Swansea City winger Scott Sinclair, 21, is very excited about the spin-off on itv.com/corrie.

She will follow in the footsteps of Gary’s Army Diaries and Ken And Deirdre’s Bedtime Stories.

With Helen’s sex appeal and popularity, bosses reckon she has what it takes for her very own show on ITV2.

A Corrie insider said: “Helen is thrilled they’re planning to use her character like this. Everyone has been joking that Rosie’s reality TV show could be bigger than Jordan’s.

“We’ve all been watching her desperate attempts at trying to make it ever since she announced to her TV parents Kevin and Sally that she wanted to be a famous glamour model.

“The writers have already come up with a few ideas about what she can get up to in the Big Smoke.”

Helen is one of the soap world’s hottest actresses and has once again been nominated for Sexiest Female at this year’s British Soap Awards.

A Coronation Street spokeswoman said: “Following huge successes with recent online-only content we will continue to commission innovative material which complements the main ITV1 show and provides something unique for the viewer.”

Daily Star

Chloe O'brien
20-03-2011, 01:37
Alan your a man of the world. What kind of wine does go with baked beans?

alan45
20-03-2011, 11:06
Alan your a man of the world. What kind of wine does go with baked beans?

Buckfast or Mundies Special Reserve

Chloe O'brien
20-03-2011, 15:46
Aye you canny beat a bottle of Buckie :lol:

Perdita
27-03-2011, 12:29
Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan has reportedly signed a new 12-month contract.

The actress, who plays Rosie Webster in the ITV1 soap, agreed to the £70,000 deal after securing a three-month break to spend time with boyfriend Scott Sinclair, The People reports.

The news is said to have relieved producers, who were worried that she might have been considering quitting the show permanently.

"Bosses definitely didn't want to lose her character Rosie," a source told the paper.

It was recently reported that Coronation Street bosses are planning an online spinoff for Rosie Webster, which could eventually become an ITV2 show.

DS

Perdita
30-03-2011, 05:54
ROSIE Webster plots to use her dad’s lottery win to turn her into the new Katie Price.

Rosie Webster decides she can fulfil her dream of becoming the Jordan of the cobbles now dad *Kevin is in the money.

Fans saw the grease monkey’s luck change last week when he scooped £200,000 on a scratch card.

Kevin (Michael Le Vell, 46) manages to hold on to the cash during his bitter *divorce battle with wife Sally (Sally *Dynevor, 47).

But his conscience gets the better of him and he gives her the dosh. :eek: Idiot, should have kept half!! :wall:

While Sally simply *fancies some cane furniture for the garden, Rosie (Helen Flanagan, 19) has other ideas.

She tells her mum: “I totally have to have some of those long thick hair *extensions like *Katie’s got.”

Unable to recall a friend of her daughter’s called Katie, Sally stares blankly and asks: “Katie who?”

Rosie snaps back: *“Katie Price, *stupid. You know, errr, like Jordan.

“Oh my God, Mum, don’t tell me you’ve *never even heard of Katie Price.” :lol:

Daily Star

layla
30-03-2011, 15:45
I am sick to death of hearing about a has been like Katie Price. If this is what young girls want out of life its a very sad world we live in today.

LostVoodoo
30-03-2011, 17:07
i love how Rosie/the Corrie people say she wants to be like Katie Price when she refused to go topless - how does she think Katie Price got famous?

Perdita
15-04-2011, 12:01
CORRIE starlet Helen Flanagan shows some blonde ambition - with this radical style transformation.

Before and after ... smiling Helen Flanagan emerges from salon with short blonde locks.

The 20-year-old, who plays Weatherfield minx Rosie Webster, emerged from a London salon sporting a daring platinum crop.

The comb-over style is a far cry from the flowing brunette locks that Street fans have grown familiar with.

Helen is currently on a three-month break from the Manchester-based soap to spend more time with her boyfriend, Swansea City footballer Scott Sinclair, 22.

Maybe she should go for a theatre role - My Fair Lady?

The Sun

alan45
15-04-2011, 12:30
I always thought she was blonde.

Siobhan
15-04-2011, 12:41
I always thought she was blonde.

Hey.. she is an insult to us natural blonds

alan45
15-04-2011, 12:45
Hey.. she is an insult to us natural blonds

I have to say she suits the new image. I wouldnt have recognised her at all

tammyy2j
15-04-2011, 14:02
Reminds me of Agyness Deyn now

Chloe O'brien
20-04-2011, 18:26
Maybe they can right it into a corrie script. She's had an accident with her hair dye.

Perdita
05-05-2011, 11:21
Coronation Street newcomer Chris Fountain has revealed that Rosie Webster will scheme against his character Tommy Duckworth after the womaniser makes a pass at Sian Powers.

As recently reported, Tommy will soon make a bet with Jason Grimshaw that he can 'turn' lesbian Sian (Sacha Parkinson), before making his move when they are out on a driving lesson.

Sian's girlfriend Sophie is furious when she hears about Tommy's antics, but Sophie's sister Rosie (Helen Flanagan) soon takes control of the attempts to get even.

In an interview with All About Soap, Fountain explained: "Rosie decides to get revenge on Sophie's behalf and asks Tommy to come round to fix a leak. She really tries it on and asks him to wait in the bedroom for her.

"In the meantime, she invites Jason, Sian and Sophie round and Tommy comes down in just his boxers ready for action. When Jason sees this, he goes a bit mental at Tommy!"

However, Fountain added that Tommy soon manages to win round Jason, despite the builder's initial anger over another man trying it on with his girlfriend.

"Tommy tries to wangle his way out of it by saying that he thought Jason and Rosie weren't together," the actor said. "Somehow, Tommy manages to flip it round and it ends up being Jason who feels bad - he's a clever lad!"

Meanwhile, asked what else is coming up for Tommy, he replied: "A lot more cheeky humour, more pranks and there is something a bit more serious coming up - but I can't tell you what."

DS

Perdita
11-05-2011, 11:42
Coronation Street's Rosie Webster was recently tipped to star in her own online spinoff, and it seems that the rumours could be true!

Back in March, a report in the Daily Star Sunday revealed that the Weatherfield glamour girl would have her own internet series focusing on her quest for fame as a model. Insiders said that the show would see Rosie follow her dreams in London.

At the time, the rumours were unconfirmed but in an interview with this week's Radio Times, Corrie's executive producer Kieran Roberts said: "We're developing a new multiplatform piece that will involve Rosie."

While there's no more details than that just yet, Rosie getting her own internet series is looking increasingly likely…

Corrie has enjoyed some great successes online recently so it's no surprise to hear that there's more ideas on the way. Over 111,000 people viewed the official website's tram crash bulletins during the 50th anniversary week last year, Gary's Army Diaries was also a big hit and later transferred over to ITV2, and most recently fans have been entertained by Ken and Deirdre's Bedtime Stories.

In the Radio Times piece, Roberts commented: "I'm very aware that younger viewers in particular are watching in different ways now. When I was a teenager, there was one television in the house and we all sat round it.

"Now kids watch on laptops in bedrooms and on mobiles and we have to deal with that. We're looking for ways to extend Coronation Street content and the brand."

xcarlyx
12-05-2011, 17:58
I am excited for seeing Rosie Webster's episodes of her going to London. Her thickness just makes me laugh lol

Chloe O'brien
15-05-2011, 00:58
I know did you see her arguing with Jason last night. When she called him "Thick" was classic no wonder he gave her a strange look.

parkerman
15-05-2011, 07:31
When she called him "Thick" was classic no wonder he gave her a strange look.

Well, she's not wrong!

xcarlyx
15-05-2011, 07:36
I know did you see her arguing with Jason last night. When she called him "Thick" was classic no wonder he gave her a strange look.

LOL.I thought that moment was really funny. She must think she's really clever.

layla
15-05-2011, 14:31
Its hard to say which one is the thickest. Dye her hair blonde and she is the proper dume blonde.:rotfl:

Not that all blondes are dume.

Perdita
12-06-2011, 13:31
Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan has reportedly been told to get rid of her new hairstyle.

The actress, who plays Rosie Webster, has taken a three-month break from the ITV1 soap, during which she has cut her hair short and dyed it blonde.

She had claimed that show bosses were fine with the new look, but they have apparently requested that she reverts to her old brunette hairstyle before she returns to Coronation Street next month.

"They've said they don't want such a huge change for the character. It'll take her hours at the hairdresser - she's gutted," a source told the News of the World.

Speaking of the change last month, Flanagan said: "I've always wanted to be blonde, so I'll be keeping it like this for a while. Of course work knew I was doing it. Rosie is a model, so when she comes back, she'll have a totally new image. It gives her a more edgy look."

Flanagan recently signed a new 12-month contract with Coronation Street worth £70,000 and will apparently star in her own online spinoff.

xcarlyx
14-06-2011, 11:21
her new hairstyle is awful.

tammyy2j
14-06-2011, 13:50
Its hard to say which one is the thickest. Dye her hair blonde and she is the proper dume blonde.:rotfl:

Wasnt Rosie suppose to be smart and intelligent when she was with Craig??????

alan45
14-06-2011, 15:53

It seems a lot of them are though :D

LostVoodoo
15-06-2011, 12:45
she is right that Rosie probably would come back from London with a stupid new haircut like the one she has, so they should keep it and have everyone on the street laugh at her...

alan45
16-06-2011, 01:21
A SCANDALOUS storyline has been written to celebrate the return of Helen Flanagan to Corrie.
She will strip down to her frillies as her character, scheming Rosie Webster, tries to seduce her mum Sally's new fella Jeff.
But viewers won't see the racy scene until September.
Helen, 20, starts filming again next month after a three-month break to spend time with her boyfriend, Swansea City footballer Scott Sinclair, 22.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3640328/Corries-Helen-Flanagan-is-back-in-a-friller.html#ixzz1POTic2nL

Perdita
03-07-2011, 14:36
Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan has been holidaying in Florida with her footballer boyfriend Scott Sinclair.

The actress, who plays Rosie Webster in the ITV soap, was spotted enjoying a day out at a waterpark with the Swansea City star.

"They're a gorgeous couple and obviously head over heels in love," another holidaymaker told the News of the World.

"Helen was squealing for joy as they swooshed down the flume on a raft."

Flanagan has taken a three-month break from the show to spend time with Sinclair. During her time off, she unveiled a new, short blonde hairstyle.

However, ITV bosses have reportedly requested that she returns to her old brunette style before resuming filming later this month.

Flanagan, who recently signed a new 12-month contract with Coronation Street, is said to be "looking forward" to returning to the show.

alan45
12-07-2011, 13:28
Coronation Street's Rosie Webster will pursue her dream of becoming a famous top model in a new three-part spinoff.

The online drama will mark Helen Flanagan's return to the show, after the actress took time off from the role as the eldest Webster.

The 20-year-old, who went peroxide blonde during her break, returned to filming this week after having her cropped locks dyed brunette again.

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/28/550w_corrie_helen_flanaghan_1.jpg
© ITV

A special Rosie Webster Twitter account and new website will also be launched. Viewers will see the ambitious model discuss her plans on the parent series. Rosie will also take boyfriend Jason Grimshaw to London to appear on Lorraine Kelly's daytime show.

The online spinoff will follow Rosie's exploits as she becomes an internet sensation following a scrap with a rival model on Lorraine, an appearance on Loose Women and interview with Capital FM's Jonny Vaughan and Lisa Snowdon.

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/28/550w_corrie_helen_flanaghan_2.jpg
© ITV

"This is a great opportunity for fans of Coronation Street to watch extra exclusive content on ITV.com that links back into the main show on ITV1," a show spokesperson said.

The ITV production follows previous online successes such as Gary's Army Diaries and Ken and Deirdre's Bedtime Stories.

LostVoodoo
12-07-2011, 17:28
wow, she looks so much better with darker hair! thank god someone made her see sense...

Perdita
12-07-2011, 17:34
wow, she looks so much better with darker hair! thank god someone made her see sense...

She was ordered to dye it back to dark before returning to filming and it suits her better, makes her big blue eyes stand out, I think :)

Chloe O'brien
12-07-2011, 19:42
I can't wait to see Rawsie on Lorraine :lol:

alan45
28-08-2011, 14:01
Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan reportedly fled the set in tears while filming upcoming scenes.

The actress, who plays *Rosie Webster in the ITV1 soap, was filming scenes in which her character poses half-naked for a modelling job in front of an agency boss.

However, Flanagan became shy after being in a state of undress in front of so many crew members and ran away from the set saying she couldn't continue.

"Helen was in pretty skimpy clothing and pretending to audition to a modelling agency boss," a source told The Sunday Mirror. "The scene was filmed from behind to give the impression she might be topless.

"There were quite a few people on set and it all got a bit much for her. Something upset Helen and she ran out in tears shouting that she couldn't do the scene.

"She has been working really hard recently and may have been on edge because of all the filming."

Filming stopped for around 20 minutes until producers eventually calmed her down and she returned to complete the scene.

layla
29-08-2011, 19:37
Rosie has been missing for some time. I for one have not missed her.

As for the story line coming up for her. It's just for young lads to look in to see her in her underwear .I can understand why she is upset. She probably feels exploited.

This is bad TV for pre 9 O'clock viewing. Do they not know it's still a family show.

alan45
13-09-2011, 01:02
Coronation Street's wannabe model Rosie Webster has today launched her own website to tie in with her forthcoming online spinoff series.

JustRosie.co.uk is the outspoken character's latest attempt to promote her modelling career. It also features advice on make-up, men, fashion and life in general.

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/37/618w_corrie_just_rosie_photoshoot_1.jpg

n real life, meanwhile, Coronation Street bosses have created the site to promote Rosie's exclusive series of web episodes, which will premiere on the Just Rosie site later this month.

As the first official website dedicated solely to the antics of a Coronation Street character, Just Rosie will also contain webcam tips, extra photos and humourous blogs from the long-standing Weatherfield resident.

Unfortunately for Rosie (Helen Flanagan), things don't go quite to plan when she launches her first online advice session - 'How to make the most of your assets'. Placing the camera in the wrong position, the ditzy brunette doesn't realise that she is sending out a different message altogether.

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/37/618w_corrie_just_rosie_webcam.jpg

In another tie-in for Rosie's forthcoming series, she also now has her own Facebook page featuring regular status updates.

Coronation Street chiefs have launched a number of other online initiatives in the past year, including tram crash bulletins for the 50th anniversary week, Gary's Army Diaries and Ken and Deirdre's Bedtime Stories.

The exclusive Rosie webisodes will premiere online on September 26.

Dazzle
13-09-2011, 14:41
Looks like good fun.

alan45
13-09-2011, 15:35
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EfBSpDsDdJg/TmopYblpn-I/AAAAAAAANZg/3irySrJRwQY/s320/just-rosie_727x66.jpg

Along with the launch of Rosie Webster's Just Rosie website today, here's an interview with Helen Flanagan about the new mini-web series.

Tell us about Just Rosie

Just Rosie is three mini episodes that have been filmed for ITV.com following Rosie’s bid for fame and fortune in London. It’s sort of Britain’s Next Top Model meets Corrie. We filmed here at Corrie and on location in London. We see Rosie in all sorts of hilarious situations – including having a scrap with another model live on Lorraine!

How did you feel that they wrote this especially for you?

I was so flattered that they wanted to do something for my character. We hear so much on screen about Rosie going off on modelling jobs but we can’t show it happening so it is fantastic that the viewers get to see a bit more of Rosie’s life away from the Street.

What was it like to film?

It was great fun and completely different to filming Coronation Street – there are all sorts of dream sequences and we see Rosie going for auditions and of course all loved up with Jason. It was hard work as I am in every scene – but it is really funny and I hope people like it.

How does Rosie become an internet sensation?

Well as you know Rosie has always wanted to be famous and she finds out that her agent Alfie has to find a model for a job on Lorraine on ITV1. She overhears him talking to her biggest rival Stacey about giving her the job but then she films them kissing in his office and blackmails him to give her the job – or she’ll tell his girlfriend! He has no choice and Stacey is given the job of hand modelling jewellery instead. But when they get to London Stacey stitches her up and gets to Lorraine before her. When Rosie arrives the item has already started and Rosie gets past security and attacks Stacey on set on live TV! Alfie sacks her from the agency but then the fight is a hit across the internet and her career suddenly takes off!

How does she end up as a guest on Loose Women and Capital Radio?

She is booked onto Loose Women for an item about whether women should be ambitious to get what they want and then she goes on Capital Raddio as she gets a big nationwide campaign as the 5-a-day veg girl. Not exactly Cover Girl but it’s a start!

Is this what Rosie has always wanted?

Rosie wants to be a famous supermodel and she really does think that this is the start of big things for her – and who knows it could be. But this is Rosie after all and she never gets it quite right does she!

Tell us about Just.Rosie.co.uk

After she becomes an internet sensation Rosie decides to set up her own website giving advice on make-up, life coaching, boyfriends, how to be famous. She films it all in her front room and the website has actually been set up to run alongside the web episodes. She also has a blog on the website and now there is also an official Rosie Webster Facebook page with photos and updates.

You had 3 months off before coming back to film Just Rosie – why was that and what did you get up to?

I decided to take a break because I have been playing Rosie since I was 9 years old so I have actually been playing Rosie longer than I haven’t and she is a massive part of my life. I just wanted to spend some time off from filming and I went on a nice holiday, moved home, changed my hair, saw more of my boyfriend Scott and generally took time out being myself for a while.

Tell us about the hair change

I have always wanted to have short blonde hair but I could never change it so dramatically whilst I was working – the first day after I had finished filming I had it all cut off and dyed blonde and I loved it. When I was due to come back the producer said he was happy for it to stay short but felt that it had to go back brunette for Rosie which is fine. I love experimenting with my hair so I was fine about changing it back. I’d love to grow it again now and maybe have some hair extensions whilst it is growing – and one day I’d love to go Rhianna red!!

You have played Rosie Webster for more than half your life – are you anything like her?

I hope not! Don’t get me wrong I love her to bits but she is pretty ruthless and can be bitchy or nasty at times, I am not like that at all. The only similarities are that we both love nice girly things and love shopping. I love my fashion and so does Rosie but personality wise I’d like to think I am a nicer person than Rosie. Rosie loves her little sister to bits and was very supportive over her coming out as a lesbian and I love my little sister so I suppose we are alike in that way.

What is happening to Rosie back in Weatherfield?

The whole experience in London links into the main show with Rosie talking about being on Lorraine but there is also some dramatic stuff coming up in October when John Stape returns and one of the people he seeks out is Rosie!

What has been your favourite Rosie storyline so far?

I love playing all the fun stuff but I really did enjoy the story where John Stape locked her in the attic. It was different to see Rosie stripped bare without any make-up and vulnerable. So I am really looking forward to the next John Stape stuff which I am about to film.

Perdita
17-09-2011, 15:57
Helen Flanagan has revealed that she feels "sexier" when she has dark hair.

The Coronation Street actress dyed her hair blonde while taking a three-month break from the soap, where she plays model Rosie Webster.

"As soon as I started my time off, I got someone to cut my hair and had it dyed blonde," she told Now magazine.

"I just thought, 'Ooh, I'll just go for it!'. I think I felt a bit more girly when I was blonde, and then when I went back to dark, I kind of felt a bit sexier.

"I'm not sure why. I just feel a little more womanly with dark hair."

Flanagan added that her holiday has helped improve her relationship with Swansea City footballer Scott Sinclair.

"I got to spend a lot of time with my boyfriend, which was great. Last year, it was quite difficult with my work schedule and Scott's. I didn't get to see him much because we were working crazy hours and I didn't have the time."

Helen Flanagan's character Rosie Webster launched her own website earlier this week to tie in with her forthcoming online spinoff series.

alan45
17-09-2011, 18:13
God help us.. She's starting to sound like a younger version of Kym Marsh

Chloe O'brien
17-09-2011, 18:16
God help us.. She's starting to sound like a younger version of Kym Marsh

Oh don't say that Alan I like Rawsie. I don't want her to turn into a Kym Marsh

alan45
18-09-2011, 12:43
LIGHTS, camera, action! Rosie Webster is swapping the cobbles of Weatherfield for London – as she pursues her dream career as a top model. The Coronation Street beauty, played by Helen Flanagan, 21, goes it alone in a three-part drama which sees her become an internet sensation after scrapping with a model on live TV.

Feisty Rosie, who takes on the capital with boyfriend Jason Grimshaw in tow, is such a hit that she appears as a guest on Loose Women and is interviewed by Johnny Vaughan on Capital Radio.

Here, Helen talks to The People about her solo turn, and reveals how it feels to have spent more time as Rosie than as herself!

TELL us about Just Rosie

JUST Rosie is made up of three *episodes filmed for ITV.com. The cameras follow Rosie’s bid for fame and fortune in London – it’s Britain’s Next Top Model meets Corrie.

We filmed here in Manchester and on location in London. The episodes show Rosie in all sorts of hilarious situations, *including having a scrap with another model live on Lorraine!

HOW did you feel when they wrote this especially for you?

I WAS so flattered they wanted to do something like this for Rosie.

We hear so much on screen about her going off on modelling jobs, but we never show it happening.

So it is fantastic that the viewers get to see a bit more of Rosie’s life away from the Street.

WHAT was it like to film?

IT was great fun and totally different to Coronation Street.

There are dream sequences, and we see Rosie going for auditions and of course all loved up with Jason.

It was hard work as I’m in every scene but it is really funny and I hope people like it.

HOW does Rosie become an internet sensation?

ROSIE has always wanted to be *famous and she finds out that her agent has to find a model for a job on Lorraine on ITV1.

She overhears him talking to her biggest rival, Stacey, about the job so she films them kissing in his office.

She then forces him to give her the job – or she’ll tell his girlfriend!

He has no choice and Stacey is given the job of hand modelling instead.

But when they get to London, Stacey stitches Rosie up and gets to Lorraine before her.

When Rosie arrives the item has already started and Rosie gets past security and attacks Stacey on set on live TV! Her agent sacks her, but the fight becomes an internet hit and her career suddenly takes off!

IS this what Rosie has always wanted?

ROSIE wants to be a supermodel, and she really does think that this is the start of big things for her.

Golden Girl: Modelling in the spin-off show

Who knows, it could be. But this is Rosie after all. She never gets it quite right does she?

HOW does she end up as a guest on Loose Women and Capital Radio?

ROSIE is booked onto Loose Women for an item about whether women should be ambitious to get what they want. Then she goes on Capital Radio as part of a big nationwide campaign as the five-a-day veg girl. Not exactly Cover Girl but it’s a start!

TELL us about Just.Rosie.co.uk

AFTER she becomes an internet *sensation, Rosie decides to set up her own website giving advice on make-up, life coaching, boyfriends, and how to be famous.

She films it all in her front room, and a website has actually been set up to run alongside the episodes.

She also has a blog on the website and there is an official Rosie Webster Facebook page with photos and updates.

Boa for it: Glam pose in feathers from Rosie's Facebook page

YOU had three months off before coming back to film Just Rosie – why was that and what did you get up to?

I DECIDED to take a break because I have been playing Rosie since I was nine years old.

I have actually been playing Rosie longer than I haven’t and she is a *massive part of my life.

But I wanted to spend some time off from filming, so I went on a nice *holiday, moved home, changed my hair, saw more of my boyfriend Scott and generally took time out being myself for a while.

TELL us about the hair change

I’VE always wanted short blonde hair but I could never change it so *dramatically while I was working. So the first day after I had finished filming I had it all cut off and dyed blonde, and I loved it.

When I was due to come back the producer said he was happy for it to stay short, but felt that it had to be brunette for Rosie.

I love experimenting with my hair so I was fine about changing it back.

Short and sweet: Her new hairdo and aged 9 with on-screen mum Sally in 2000

I’d love to grow it again now and maybe have some extensions while it is growing. And one day I’d love to go Rihanna red!!

YOU have played Rosie for more than half your life – are you anything like her?

I HOPE not! Don’t get me wrong – I love her to bits. But she is pretty ruthless, and can be bitchy and nasty.

I’m not like that at all!

The only similarities are that we both love nice girly things and love shopping. I love my fashion and so does Rosie.

But personality-wise I’d like to think I am a nicer person than Rosie.

Rosie loves her little sister to bits, and was very supportive over her *coming out as a lesbian, and I love my little sister so I suppose we are alike in that way.

WHAT is happening to Rosie back in Weatherfield?

THE whole experience in London links into the main show as Rosie talks about being on Lorraine.

But there is also some dramatic stuff coming up in October, when John Stape returns. One of the people he seeks out is Rosie.

WHAT has been your favourite Rosie storyline so far?

I LOVE playing all the fun stuff but I really did enjoy the story where John Stape locked Rosie in the attic.

It was different to see Rosie stripped bare, without any make-up and really vulnerable.

So I am looking forward to the next John Stape stuff, which I am about to film.

[email protected]

Just Rosie will go live on www.justrosie.co.uk and www.itv.com/corrie on September 26.

Perdita
18-09-2011, 13:04
Just Rosie will go live on www.justrosie.co.uk and www.itv.com/corrie on September 26.

you already posted this http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?90335-Rosie-Webster&p=756713#post756713

alan45
18-09-2011, 13:09
you already posted this http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?90335-Rosie-Webster&p=756713#post756713
????? Your quote refers to the post above which is post 99 on this thread. How could I have already posted it on the same post ??????

Perdita
24-09-2011, 05:53
ROSIE Webster grins and bares it in Corrie's internet spin-off Just Rosie.

The wannabe model, played by Helen Flanagan, 21, strips for this tacky promo based on Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.

Mum Sally will be proud.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3833141/Corries-Rosie-Webster-poses-for-Garden-of-Eden-promo.html

alan45
24-09-2011, 05:53
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/23/article-2041161-0E0DD0DF00000578-680_634x604.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/23/article-2041161-0E0DD0AD00000578-263_634x408.jpg

She moved to London in the hope of becoming a successful model.
But it seems things don't quite go according to plan for Rosie Webster, as images from the new Coronation Street spin-off show.
In the shots, Helen Flanagan, who plays Rosie in the ITV programme, is seen trying to make it in the modelling industry after landing a job on Lorraine Kelly's morning TV show.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/23/article-2041161-0E0DD17500000578-928_634x438.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/23/article-2041161-0E0DD20D00000578-810_634x404.jpg

However, after just seconds on screen, Rosie gets involved in a bitter catfight with a modelling rival.
The video of the catfight is quickly posted on the internet and Rosie becomes an internet sensation. leading to her appearance as a guest on Loose Women before being interviewed by Johnny Vaughan and Lisa Snowdon on Capital Radio.
Rosie is also seen attempting to make her name on various modelling jobs, including a campaign for a new brand of nappies and what appears to be a shower gel, as she reclines on a rock wearing only a revealing gold swimsuit.

And it seems Rosie's career goes from strength to strength during her time in London, as the pretty brunette is also seen collecting a prize from the Glitz Fashion Awards.
On her official website justrosie.co.uk, Rosie boasts of her modelling abilities: 'I'm a woman of many talents.
'I can turn my hand to anything from commercials to high fashion; sports wear to beauty products; outdoor clothing to magazine covers.'

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/23/article-2041161-0E0DD20000000578-316_634x549.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/23/article-2041161-0E0DCA6600000578-696_634x451.jpg
But Rosie also tells her fans she found herself compromised when she was presented with the chance to pose topless for a campaign.
She writes on her blog: 'There's a line I won't cross. I have my standards. And this photographer was suggesting it's holding me back. I know other models are happy doing topless shots and that's fine. But it's not for me and I said so. I was like totally blunt. Thing is, though, I can stand up for myself. Not everyone can.
'I love modelling. And most people in it are totes lovely. But there are a handful of slimeballs who try to get models to do stuff they don't want to. And some of the more naive ones might not think they can say no.

'So my message to any model out there feeling under pressure to do work she doesn't want to is this - only do what you're comfortable with. That way, you'll not be exploited. I mean, look at me. If I can do it, so can you.'
In an extremely tongue-in-cheek blog post, Rosie also talks about making the transition from modelling to acting.
She says: 'I know some people think models are thick. But it’s not true at all. I mean, Naomi Campbell writes books. What people don’t understand, you see, is a model is acting all the time.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/23/article-2041161-0E0DCD4F00000578-445_634x724.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/23/article-2041161-0E0DCDB200000578-548_634x391.jpg

It’s not all just standing around in clothes. No, there’s a lot of acting involved. I mean, if I’m photographed with a male model, we might have to pretend we’re lovers or married.
'That totally takes real skill to pull off. Methodist acting, that’s the technical term. So models are well qualified to be actresses and it’s totes where I could see myself going.
'I mean, who wouldn’t want to be a serious actor and be a Bond girl?'

Rosie is accompanied by boyfriend Jason Grimshaw, played by Ryan Thomas, as she begins her modelling career in London.
And when things don't go to plan, Rosie is comforted by Jason as she sheds a few tears over what might have been.
Talking about her boyfriend and their relationship, Rosie says: 'He's a great looking guy, Jase, and we have so much in common. I mean, my sister's gay and so is his brother! It's like fate that we were meant to be together.

'I can totally see "Rosie and Jason" as the next "Posh and Becks" a real power couple, an inspiration to people not as good looking as us everywhere. Together, we can take on the world and win.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2041161/Coronation-Street-spin-Rosie-Websters-modelling-career-doesnt-plan.html#ixzz1YqGgfP00

Perdita
24-09-2011, 06:01
More pictures in the Daily Mail

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2041161/Coronation-Street-spin-Rosie-Websters-modelling-career-doesnt-plan.html#ixzz1YqJrgb5K

alan45
25-09-2011, 00:25
More pictures in the Daily Mail

You may be unaware but each thread is limited to 8 images so I picked the most appropriate. However to avoid any disappointment and for the sake of completeness I include the rest

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/23/article-2041161-0E0DCCF700000578-853_634x441.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/23/article-2041161-0E0DC97B00000578-165_634x434.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/23/article-2041161-0E0DCFCF00000578-12_634x465.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/23/article-2041161-0E0DCF9900000578-116_306x606.jpg http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/23/article-2041161-0E0DCE0A00000578-431_306x606.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/23/article-2041161-0E0DD21B00000578-633_634x411.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/23/article-2041161-0E0DD28600000578-649_634x463.jpg

Perdita
26-09-2011, 10:31
Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan has promised that there are "dramatic" scenes in store on the soap as her character Rosie Webster faces a new kidnap ordeal.

As first revealed last month, Rosie is to be held captive by twisted John Stape for a second time later this year after he makes a shock return to Weatherfield.

John's (Graeme Hawley) comeback is expected to tie in with his wife Fiz's forthcoming murder trial. Reports have suggested that the killer will attempt to save Fiz from being sent down for his dark crimes.

Flanagan told the Daily Star: "The thing with my character is that she is great fun. But you get to see a different side to her during the John Stape kidnap scenes, because they are very dramatic.

"A vulnerable side comes out. Rosie can be bolshie and in-your-face, but at that point she is stripped bare of everything. Her make-up's gone, her designer clothes - everything. I really enjoyed filming that."

Flanagan continued: "Rosie was so scared during the second time because she now knows that he's killed people. The first time round she didn't know he was a murderer. He was just someone she had a fling with. Now she is even more scared. It's great for me to play."

Rosie is also about to take centre stage in her own online spinoff, which launches on the character's official website today.

alan45
26-09-2011, 11:31
CLUTCHING her chest, Corrie star Helen Flanagan stopped mid-scene as she was gripped by a terrifying panic attack.

It was the latest in a series of attacks but, as she returns to the soap tonight when her character Rosie Webster comes back from modelling in London, Helen insists she’s determined to beat them.

Speaking for the first time about her battle, Helen says: “I have recently suffered a few panic attacks. And as anyone who has ever suffered from them knows, they are very scary. I did have one at work and everyone was very understanding but I didn’t know what might have caused it.

“I am speaking to people like Kym Marsh (her co-star) who has said that in the past she suffered from them too.

“I am trying to work out what triggers them so that I can start to deal with them and move forward.

“But I am starting to realise that they are more common than people think and that there are ways of dealing with them.”

The most recent attack was so severe, filming on the Corrie set had to be stopped until she fully recovered.

But Helen, 21, does not believe returning to work after her break had anything to do with it.

In many ways, she’s never been happier. After two years dating Swansea City footballer Scott Sinclair, she’s finally admitted: “He’s the one.”

Smiling, she adds: “This is my longest-ever relationship and he’s the one – of course he is!

“Scott is an amazing person. He’s really down-to-earth, he’s dedicated to his job and he’s just so funny. We have great banter together.

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/sep2011/3/6/image-17-for-editorial-pics-26-09-2011-gallery-966911483.jpg

“He’s quiet and modest and a really lovely person. He’s just Scott – there’s no one quite like him.”

With Scott based in Wales with his Premier League team and Helen living in Manchester, the pair had been conducting a long-distance romance.

But then Helen took a three-month sabbatical from the show she first joined as a nine-year-old schoolgirl.

Spending more time with handsome Scott, 22, has helped their love to blossom – and made them determined to overcome any hurdles.

It’s obviously hard sometimes, with it being a long-distance relationship. But I’m used to it now and being at Coronation Street puts things into perspective.

“There are people here who are working away from their kids and that makes me realise that when you’re working you just have to get on with it.

“There will come a point when Scott and I live together and it will be amazing.”

After her break from the show, Helen is back with a bang and is also starring in her own exclusive internet show Just Rosie, which follows Rosie’s fortunes as she seeks fame in London’s fashion world.

The three-part online drama, to be screened on itv.com sees the ambitious model swapping the cobbles of Weatherfield for the bright lights of the capital as she pursues her dream of being a top model.

The spin-off marks 12 years in the show for Helen but she insists she is happy to stay on the Street for the foreseeable future.

“To take some time off like that was amazing,” she says. “When you’ve been on a show for 12 years you need a bit of time out and it was really, really nice. Lots of other people have done it and the producer was fine about it. I met up with all my old friends from school, went shopping, went on holiday, moved house, spent some time with Scott... and got my hair cut.”

Helen’s sexy new blonde crop proved an instant hit with fans and kept her in the public eye even when she was off screen. But now she’s back – and this time she’s back as a brunette.

She adds: “Now I’m back I’m going to grow it longer again. Luckily Scott likes it whichever way I have it!”

Helen met the former Chelsea player in 2009 when he was living in the North West while on loan to Wigan.

She went shopping to Manchester’s Trafford Centre with co-star Brooke Vincent, who plays her on-screen sister Sophie, and Scott tagged along with a male friend of Brooke.

Helen explains: “We went for something to eat. I think Scott actually knew that Brooke was meeting me and that’s why he came, which is quite sweet.

We didn’t particularly hit it off straight away – Scott can be quite quiet – but then he asked for my number and I said, ‘Oh, alright, OK.’ And then we went on a date and I was like – ‘boom!’

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/sep2011/3/6/image-17-for-editorial-pics-26-09-2011-gallery-966911483.jpg
“Scott is really talented and dedicated and I’m very proud of him. Obviously he’s really busy with training every day and now he’s in the Premiership there’s pressure, but his manager has said that when he’s got a game in the North West at the weekend he can stay over, which is really nice.”

Helen grew up in Bolton with her nursery nurse mum Julia, her electrical contractor dad Paul, sisters Jane, 29, a costumier, and student Jessica, 18, and 28-year-old electrician brother Tom.

She began acting at the age of four when her parents enrolled her in the Carol Godby Theatre Workshop in nearby Bury. Two years later she began appearing in television commercials for catalogues and clothing companies, including Adams, Daz and Fairy liquid.

She successfully auditioned for Coronation Street when she was nine and subsequently grew up on the show, with her mum chaperoning her every move. At 16 she left school to concentrate on acting full-time.

In the five years since, her love of fashion has emerged and she has developed her own iconic style.

Perhaps not surprisingly, her passion for clothes, coupled with having a footballer boyfriend, has led to her being dubbed the Weatherfield Wag.

“I think it’s quite funny,” she says. “All the supposed Wags I have met with Scott are the nicest, loveliest girls you could imagine, so I really don’t mind. When I go out, people sometimes expect me to be stuck-up because of the character I play but I’m really not.”

On screen, Rosie is happily settled with builder Jason Grimshaw and Helen says she enjoys playing her character’s softer side the most, particularly recent scenes where Rosie defended Sophie when her sister came out as a lesbian.

“I’m really close to my little sister and really proud of her. You are obviously protective of your younger sister and I drew on that with the Sophie storyline,” she explains. “I don’t like it that much when Rosie is being nasty to people.”

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/09/26/coronation-street-s-helen-flanagan-my-panic-attack-hell-115875-23446183/#ixzz1Z3MGT9Pa

Perdita
28-09-2011, 16:53
Coronation Street guest star Candy McCulloch has admitted that she was shocked by the "fantastic" effort that Helen Flanagan put into their screen fight scene.

The actress plays the role of blonde bombshell Stacey in a new online Coronation Street spinoff, which focuses on Flanagan's character Rosie Webster as she tries to make it as a top model in London.

Just Rosie, which launched on Monday, sees arch-rivals Stacey and Rosie come to blows as they both make a live television appearance on Lorraine.

McCulloch told the Liverpool Echo: "We only had two takes to do the scene because we were filming right before Lorraine's show actually went out. They told us they had 10 minutes to do it in, but we couldn't fight for real because there was no fight co-ordinator.

"They said we should just struggle over a hat, which they both want to wear, so I thought we wouldn't touch each other. But Helen's quite a physical actress and as soon as they called action she got really involved."

She laughed: "It ended up being far more of a fight than anyone was expecting - especially me! I was thinking, 'Oh my God, what's she doing?' There were arms flying everywhere and she ended up hitting me over the head with the hat. But she was fantastic and at least my expression will be genuine shock."

McCulloch previously played the role of Sami in the third series of Hollyoaks Later.

Perdita
09-10-2011, 05:37
Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan is *considering quitting the soap *because of her *crippling panic attacks.

Helen, 21, who plays ditzy model Rosie Webster, has told bosses she wants to walk away when her contract is up in March.

She has *spoken openly about her health problems since *returning to the ITV1 show in July following a three-month break.

But the actress, who is dating *Swansea footballer Scott *Sinclair, 22, admitted to *being broody last month after co-star Kym Marsh brought her baby daughter Polly on set.

Producer Phil Collinson will do all he can to *convince Rosie – who has been on the show for 12 years – to stay.

But an insider said: “It’s no secret Helen has been *struggling *recently.

“She’s been working hard and the stress has got to her. *Experiencing those panic *attacks has really shaken her up badly.

“She has said she doesn’t want to renew her contract. Corrie may have to face up to The Street without Rosie *Webster.”

In August we reported how Helen fled the set in tears after getting stressed out while filming a semi-naked modelling scene.

Then two weeks ago she admitted she had started experiencing panic attacks, saying: “Anyone who has ever suffered from them knows they are very scary.”

The insider said Helen’s *priorities had changed and *she wanted to spend more time with Scott.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/10/09/helen-flanagan-considering-quitting-coronation-street-because-of-panic-attacks-115875-23475603/#ixzz1aFwMymhr

lillabet
09-10-2011, 12:31
What a shame I really like Rosie as a character, and feel for anybody who suffers panic attacks,

tammyy2j
10-10-2011, 15:32
Are these attacks only happening recently?

Perdita
10-10-2011, 15:40
Are these attacks only happening recently?

Sounds like it to me, I feel for her

Perdita
15-10-2011, 10:45
Coronation Street stars are said to be "desperate" to stop Helen Flanagan quitting the soap.

Reports surfaced last week that the actress, who has played Rosie Webster for 12 years, was considering leaving the show due to her ongoing battle with anxiety attacks.

Co-star Brooke Vincent, who plays her on-screen sister Sophie, has revealed that the cast is rallying round to prevent Flanagan exiting Coronation Street when her contract expires in March next year.

"Our on-screen family, the Websters, are very close and when it first started happening we sat down together and tried to help her," Vincent told The Mirror.

"We've agreed to rally round to help in any way we can and we've had talks about how we can make this as stressless a time for her as possible."

Coronation Street producer Phil Collinson is apparently a "huge fan" of Flanagan's and is planning to pull out all the stops to keep her character in Weatherfield.

"There's no doubt Helen's had a hard time of it lately and everyone is hoping she's going to be okay," a source added. "It is a really close-knit team and everybody's main priority is her health."

Flanagan recently moved back in with her parents after complaining on Twitter about the paparazzi constantly being outside her house.

Dazzle
15-10-2011, 18:39
I hope Helen feels better soon - I'd miss Rosie if she quits.

Chloe O'brien
15-10-2011, 23:47
Yeah me too Dazzle. Rosie is one of my favourite young cast members in soapland.

Perdita
16-10-2011, 05:43
Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan has confirmed that she is leaving the soap.

The actress will film her final scenes for the show at Christmas and viewers will see her character Rosie Webster depart the cobbles in February 2012, the Sunday Mirror reports.

Flanagan's Coronation Street future was thrown into question a week ago when reports suggested that she was quitting due to her recent panic attacks. However, the 21-year-old has now said that her anxiety played no part in her decision to bow out.

"I have played Rosie for more than half my life and I feel the time has come for me to move on and try something new," Flanagan told the newspaper. "I am very excited about what the future might hold for me.

"I have loved playing Rosie and during my time growing up on Corrie, I have made some amazing friends and learnt an awful lot."

Flanagan, who is currently dating footballer Scott Sinclair, is thought to be leaving three months before the end of her contract. Show bosses are expected to leave the door open for her to return in the future.

A source said: "Helen will probably take a break from acting. She can't wait to spend time with Scott and take their relationship to the next level. She may return one day but it's the last thing on her mind now."

Flanagan has been part of the Coronation Street cast since 2000 and is the second actress to have played the role of Rosie.

tammyy2j
17-10-2011, 11:29
^ No loss

Glen1
17-10-2011, 14:55
^ No loss

I think your right Tammyy , no loss , been on the cards for a while . Hope the producers bring in some new talented characters.

Perdita
18-10-2011, 10:18
Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan has been tipped to start a new life in Wales once she makes her departure from the soap.

The actress recently announced that she is leaving her role as Rosie Webster after 12 years in the part.

Reports today suggest that Flanagan made her decision because she wants to be closer to her footballer boyfriend Scott Sinclair, who plays for Swansea City. The pair will reportedly start house-hunting together in the New Year.

"Helen is so in love," a source told The Sun. "She's made no secret of the fact that Scott is the one. Something had to give."

Meanwhile, an insider told The Mirror: "Helen and Scott have been going from strength to strength but the distance between them while she works on Coronation Street has put a bit of strain on them."

Flanagan will finish work on Coronation Street at Christmas and her final scenes as Rosie will air in February 2012.

Announcing her decision to quit on Sunday, the 21-year-old explained: "I have played Rosie for more than half my life and I feel the time has come for me to move on and try something new. I am very excited about what the future might hold for me.

"I have loved playing Rosie and during my time growing up on Corrie, I have made some amazing friends and learnt an awful lot."

Chloe O'brien
18-10-2011, 19:29
Well I for one will miss Rosie. I know she hasn't had to do any serious acting or had to do many dramatic scenes. But for me her scatter brain ways make me laugh.

Glen1
19-10-2011, 15:03
Well I for one will miss Rosie. I know she hasn't had to do any serious acting or had to do many dramatic scenes. But for me her scatter brain ways make me laugh.

Pity, she's been a right spoilt little cow then ,she started John on the road to ruin.

alan45
28-10-2011, 17:29
Coronation Street bosses are celebrating after the soap's Rosie Webster spinoff attracted an audience of over 200,000 online.

Show producers recently launched internet special Just Rosie, which follows Helen Flanagan's feisty character as she attempts to make it big in the modelling world.

New Media Age now reports that the Just Rosie website has had over 260,000 unique visitors since launch, while 203,351 people have watched the special online episodes and bonus clips. In total, the site has received 1.6m page views.

Just Rosie was also recently broadcast on ITV2 in response to the success of the internet airings.

Ben Freeman, ITV's head of soap and drama, commented: "We know that Corrie fans enjoy playful digital experiences around the characters they know and love, and this adventure with Rosie Webster is a great example of innovative cross platform commissioning at ITV."

Coronation Street bosses have launched a number of other successful online spinoffs in recent months, including tram crash bulletins to tie in with the 50th anniversary episodes, Gary's Army Diaries and Ken and Deirdre's Bedtime Stories.

Rosie will bow out from Coronation Street in February 2012 as Flanagan has decided to leave the soap.

layla
28-10-2011, 20:04
I used to like Rosie. But they have changed her into a spoiled brat.

Her acting has gone bad, since she came back. This could be due to her panic attacks.

I do wish her luck for the future.

Chloe O'brien
28-10-2011, 21:01
It's because they're given her too much serious stuff to deal with like her parents splitting up. Rosie is at her best when she is an air head glamour model and all she has to worry about are which skimpy outfits to wear. :D

alan45
31-10-2011, 01:51
CORONATION Street star Helen Flanagan says she quit the show because her character Rosie Webster is such a tart.

It had been reported that Helen chose to leave after suffering panic attacks when she returned from a recent three-month break.

But the star, 21, who has played Rosie since 2000, revealed her decision was made long before. She told Hello! magazine, out today: "I didn't enjoy playing her when she went through a promiscuous phase."

She added: "I'd always felt I would leave by the time I was 21, but when I made up my mind, it wasn't even as if I had a choice.

"I just knew instinctively. After 12 years playing Rosie, it is time to be myself." Helen, who dates Swansea footballer Scott Sinclair, said she loved her character apart from when she was sleeping around. Rosie's conquests include Craig Harris, John Stape, Tony Gordon, Gary Windass, Luke Strong and Jason Grimshaw.

Perdita
31-10-2011, 05:04
And the rest of the above article from the Sun is:

Helen said of her recent break from the show: "One of the first things I did was cut my hair and dye it blonde. During my time away from the Street I felt free." Her last scenes will be aired in February.

She is then planning to live with Scott, 22, in Swansea. Helen said: "I knew he was 'the one'."

- Full interview in Hello! magazine, on sale now.

Perdita
31-10-2011, 09:57
That is absolute nonsense, she is not actually being a tart, she is in a stable relationship with Jason, sounds like making excuses because the panic attacks don't sound good enough to leave regular employment :wall:

alan45
31-10-2011, 13:14
Helen Flanagan has given an interview to Hello! magazine in which she talks about the reasons why she's leaving Coronation Street.

She told the mag about playing Rosie: "I didn't enjoy playing her when she went through a promiscuous phase. I'd always felt I would leave by the time I was 21, but when I made up my mind, it wasn't even as if I had a choice. I just knew instinctively. After 12 years playing Rosie, it is time to be myself."

Helen, who dates Swansea footballer Scott Sinclair, said she loved her character apart from when she was sleeping around.
Helen said of her recent break from the show: "One of the first things I did was cut my hair and dye it blonde. During my time away from the Street I felt free."

Helen's last scenes as Rosie Webster will be aired in February 2012.

alan45
11-11-2011, 00:12
Coronation Street's Helen Flanagan was involved in a collision with another vehicle as she drove away from filming yesterday.

The actress, who plays Rosie Webster in the soap, reversed into the back of a Vauxhall Corsa driven by a cleaning company employee, reports the Daily Mail.

Flanagan had previously told her fans on Twitter that she was tired from filming the soap's wedding scenes for her character's sister Sophie Webster, having been up since 5am that morning.

Eyewitnesses reported that the cleaning employee's first comments after the collision were: "Rosie Webster's just crashed into me!"

Flanagan had previously written: "Too late I feel dreadful and I'm up at 5 to film I swear I've never been this cold in my life (sic)."

The star will be leaving Coronation Street in February, and will film her final scenes shortly