PDA

View Full Version : Zeta Jones in Doctor Who bid

Perdita
09-09-2008, 12:21
DOCTOR Who creator Russell T Davies is desperate for Welsh beauty Catherine Zeta Jones to star in a film version of the BBC1 hit.

The award-winning writer, 45, said he would love Catherine, 38, to be David Tennant’s sidekick on the big screen. He added: “Being from Wales myself, I’d love to have Catherine Zeta Jones as a companion for the Doctor.”

But he insisted no one could replace David Tennant, 37, as the Time Lord.

He said: “To have anyone else would be inconceivable.”

Last month new Doctor Who boss Steven Moffat hinted the sci-fi hit could become a movie. Russell said: “I haven't had time to spit, let alone make a film. It would be hard but it’s a lovely idea.”

His new project, The Sarah Jane Adventures — which topped the CBBC ratings — returns on September 29.

Hollie-x
09-09-2008, 16:52
Ooo I'd like this (:
I love CZJ, think she's fab. I have all her films. I'm sad I know :lol:

Abbie
09-09-2008, 20:15
I like the idea for a film :D
Only thing is I would only want rose to be companion if there was a film which just isnt gonna happen :crying:

alan45
14-04-2011, 01:46
CATHERINE ZETA JONES spent five days in a psychiatric hospital last week being treated for bipolar disorder, it emerged last night.
The depressed actress, 41, has struggled to cope with the stress of husband MICHAEL DOUGLAS's diagnosis with throat cancer last year.

Her spokeswoman said: "After dealing with the stress of the past year, Catherine made the decision to check into a mental health facility for a brief stay to treat her bipolar II disorder."

She added: "She's feeling great and looking forward to starting work this week on her two upcoming films."

Bipolar II is a less extreme version of bipolar disorder, formerly called manic depression. It can be triggered by major stress.

Mum-of-two Catherine arrived for her stay at Silver Hill Hospital in New Canaan, Connecticut, last Wednesday.

An insider said the Oscar winner ate her meals with the other patients and played poker with them before bed.

Silver Hill is an alcohol, drug and psychiatric rehab facility whose previous famous patients have included MICHAEL JACKSON, MARIAH CAREY and LIZA MINNELLI.

Catherine had been dropped off at the clinic by caring Michael - who she has bravely supported in his own health battle.

Another source said: "She's been through hell. The pressure has been almost unbearable.

"She's had more sleepless nights than you would possibly know, worrying whether her husband would pull through."

Actor Michael, 66 - who wed Catherine in 2000 - was diagnosed with cancer last August.

After aggressive radiation and chemotherapy he announced in January the tumour had gone.

But he was warned he was not out of the woods and has to attend regular check-ups.

In an interview last year, Catherine hinted that she has suffered from bouts of depression.

The Welsh star admitted: "I don't just bring myself down, I bring everyone around me down. It's like a dark cloud."

Mark Davies, of charity Rethink Mental Illness, said last night: "She deserves great credit for revealing her illness in this way. It makes a big difference."

Other famous bipolar sufferers include STEPHEN FRY, KERRY KATONA and ROBBIE WILLIAMS.