PDA

View Full Version : Kylie admits to 'X' disappointment

Chris_2k11
31-08-2008, 16:33
Kylie Minogue has said she does not believe that her last album X met her usual high standards.

The Australian popstar spoke of her disappointment with the record to The Sun, but insisted that she was pleased with the singles 'In My Arms' and '2 Hearts'.

"In retrospect, we could definitely have bettered it, I'll say that straight up," she admitted.

"Given the time we had, it is what it is. 'Wow', 'In My Arms' and '2 Hearts' are crackers. They go off like a frog in a sock."

Minogue added that she has no desire to launch another attempt to crack the US market after X performed poorly on the Billboard charts.

"I always go over there with the same attitude I've always had, which is, 'If it's to happen, it'll happen'," she commented.

"I'm kept pretty much busy enough. We'll see. I'm not racing over there. I'm heading home."

Abbie
31-08-2008, 17:14
I prefer her older stuff. I mean I do like her current stuff, but for my its not as good as her older songs

Bryan
31-08-2008, 17:46
every long serving artist has a bad albumn at some point, Madonna's was American life. Kylie will survive X

sindydoll
31-08-2008, 19:48
i think x is a brilliant album

Chris_2k11
31-08-2008, 20:50
i think x is a brilliant albumI agree, apart from a few dire tracks (Heartbeat Rock, Nu-di-ty etc) its overall a very good album, a lot better than Body Language I think anyway. Its shocking that In My Arms only got to number 10, I still think it should have been massive! Its amazing and my favourite song this year. This, Like A Drug and The One are all classic Kylie imo whilst I love Stars, Sensitized, Speakerphone and Wow. 2 Hearts I can take or leave. I like it but don't think it should have been released, definitely not as the comeback single anyway.

I think she tried to go for something a bit different with this album, unfortunately it hasn't really had the effect she'd hoped for although I personally love it.

HoneyBee
31-08-2008, 21:24
I admire her attitude about not rushing to crack America. America is so hard to crack, and is it really worth it in the end? America isn't everything, she has the UK, Australia and Europe where she is a superstar.

As for the album, I thought X was a good album, it wasn't brilliant but it is Ok.

sindydoll
01-09-2008, 12:33
every long serving artist has a bad albumn at some point, Madonna's was American life. Kylie will survive X
i thought american life was a good album i never did understand why it flopped

Siobhan
01-09-2008, 13:30

American life was her worst one... Confession's has to be one of her best...

sindydoll
01-09-2008, 15:47

American life was her worst one... Confession's has to be one of her best...
yes cofessions was one of her best but american was good too

Siobhan
01-09-2008, 16:16
maybe it is just my taste but I thought Chocolate, slow and confide in me were all a pile of pooh!! I like Kylie's new stuff

Chris_2k11
01-09-2008, 21:20
maybe it is just my taste but I thought Chocolate, slow and confide in me were all a pile of pooh!! I like Kylie's new stuffI love Chocolate and Slow, was never that keen on 'Red Blooded Woman' though. Body Language isn't really that great an album apart from a few decent tracks imo. Fever is defo my fave of hers, not one bad song on there. it'd take a lot for her to top that for me.