PDA

View Full Version : New Series (:

Hollie-x
29-08-2008, 15:13
Starts next Wednesday (3rd Sept)

Apparently, well according to the magazines, it's set 5 years in the future. Although the adverts for it show it carrying on from last series so i'm guessing it happens later on? Anybody know?

Abbie
29-08-2008, 15:17
I heard that, that happens late on in the series

I saw an epsiode we havent seen in america and it isnt set 5 years in the future cos Susan was heavily pregnant, so I think it does happen towards the en

Bryan
30-08-2008, 14:31
its not a new series on Channel 4 it's the rest of series 4 that they cut off mid series for Big Brother.

That spoiler you're on about happens in the last scene of series 4, and will come into affect for series 5!

Hollie-x
30-08-2008, 18:28
Oooohhhh. That kinda sheds some light on it now (:

Abbie
30-08-2008, 18:32
Hopefull we wont have to wait ages for series 5 then :p
Series 5 promos look good :)

Bryan
30-08-2008, 20:03
to make up for the shambolic treatment of the series this year (late to start, then splitting it in two) Channel 4 are going to show Series 5 straight after series 4 finishes, with about a 4 week time delay from it being aired in America.

Pleased with this, as it means I don't have to worry downloading the episodes from America, not much point if it's on our screens 4 weeks later anyways!

Abbie
30-08-2008, 20:34
:cheer: Yay thats great news :D

Bryan
30-08-2008, 21:58
:cheer: Yay thats great news :D

yeah its great that they're following in Sky One's foosteps and showing the episodes quite soon after they air in America.

I hope they do the same with Dirty Sexy Money, as I can't wait until Easter for it!

Abbie
30-08-2008, 22:27
I like the way they are doing the only down side is we have a brand new series soon after one ends, but then cos we are not far behind america it means for the next season we will have a long wait

Bryan
31-08-2008, 09:33
I like the way they are doing the only down side is we have a brand new series soon after one ends, but then cos we are not far behind america it means for the next season we will have a long wait

well the amount of time we've waited for this to come back, and back again, i'm sure a couple more months than usual wont be so bad!

my main concern is that i dont have to download them direct from America now I know theres only a month's difference in airing

Hollie-x
02-09-2008, 16:57
Tomorrow! :cheer:

Can't wait to see series 5 (:

DaVeyWaVey
02-09-2008, 20:21
I can't wait for it to come back tomorrow. I like the advert with Gabby in the church. :lol:

Abbie
02-09-2008, 20:22
I can't wait for it to come back tomorrow. I like the advert with Gabby in the church. :lol:

:rotfl: Makes me laugh every time

JustJodi
03-09-2008, 11:07
I have the dvd box set of the first series and to be honest I HATED the show,, so plan to sell the box set,,
I tried getting into it, but the show just did not grab me
:searchme:

Hollie-x
03-09-2008, 17:01
I have yet to buy all the seasons (: it's just I think it's kinda expensive tbh. Fair enough it's a full season but still. £30+ is a bit much

Bryan
03-09-2008, 17:35
I have yet to buy all the seasons (: it's just I think it's kinda expensive tbh. Fair enough it's a full season but still. £30+ is a bit much

you can get them for under 30 quid if you look around online! i got season 3 recently for £17 quid

Hollie-x
03-09-2008, 17:47

you can get them for under 30 quid if you look around online! i got season 3 recently for £17 quid

Oo oo oo! I want it. I think I might have a look on play.com. they usually have some good offers (:

Bryan
03-09-2008, 17:57

Oo oo oo! I want it. I think I might have a look on play.com. they usually have some good offers (:

series 1 & 2 are just under £15 each at amazon UK and series 3 is £21! not bad prices at all!

Abbie
03-09-2008, 18:00
Those are great prices.
I mean if you think about a how much a dvd of a film is alone and how long it lasts, compared to all the episodes you get and how long they last, I think they are fairly priced, although we always want the cheaper :p

Hollie-x
04-09-2008, 16:17
Ooo last night was goood (:

Anyone watch?

Bryan
04-09-2008, 16:19
Ooo last night was goood (:

Anyone watch?

i've seen the whole of series 4! was too impatient so download them from America when i heard channel 4 would be putting it on a break!

but yeah i watched it again last night! Bree and Gabby and Susan never fail to crack me up haha

Hollie-x
04-09-2008, 17:53
Geesh.

If I used all my brain cells at once insteada lining them up one by one then I coulda probably done that.
But nooo me being me didnt think of that!

Oh god, Susan is soo funny at times. I loved it when she walked in on Catherine doing it lmao. Then walked in again and said 'feelings came back' and pointed at her and said 'Shame on YOU!' IT just reminded me of something at school!

And i couldn't help but cringe when Carlos cracked his shins on the oven door! Made me laugh though lols.

Abbie
04-09-2008, 22:17
I watched it. Funnily enough this was the episode I saw In america so it was great again :D

*-Rooney-*
13-09-2008, 13:22
ooh im intrigued now after seeing a cross in katherines yard, and hearing that lily wrote that dylans dad was murdered i wonder who the man is who is saying he is her dad in next weeks ep.

That was a very unexpected way for the secret of the hit/run driver of mike, Orson apologising whilst sleepwalking. very desperate housewives

Abbie
13-09-2008, 17:15
I agree it was unexpected but I thought it made it better, cos just when you think they have forgotten about it, bam! its back again :D

*-Rooney-*
14-09-2008, 00:05
yes i cant wait to see how this affects every thing now once it comes out, will the police be involved, bree/susan - can their friendship be saved. bree/orson/ - can their marriage be salvaged. orson/ baby benjamin - if things dont go according to plan will he ever get to see his "son" again

Bryan
15-09-2008, 15:15
it's a shame that Orson had to be found out, becuase he didn't even known Mike/Susan/Bree at the time of the incident, and now he's been found out it could ruin the life he's set up for himself. he only ran mike over to save his mother from going to jail. I'm not saying I feel sorry for him, but I do sympathise with him a little.

*-Rooney-*
15-09-2008, 15:18
he did know bree, he helped her escape from the rehab centre to helsp rescue danielle from matthew applewhite, why else would he be on wisteria lane in the first place

Bryan
15-09-2008, 15:20
he did know bree, he helped her escape from the rehab centre to helsp rescue danielle from matthew applewhite, why else would he be on wisteria lane in the first place

he knew bree but he didnt know any of the residents of wysteria lane. he didnt know mike lived there or that he had connections to Bree.

*-Rooney-*
15-09-2008, 15:25
at the end of the day secrets dont stay buried on wisteria lane whether it is a week or a year they always come out.

So the twins caused the fire not tom, what will lynette do now?

Hollie-x
22-09-2008, 18:02
it's a shame that Orson had to be found out, becuase he didn't even known Mike/Susan/Bree at the time of the incident, and now he's been found out it could ruin the life he's set up for himself. he only ran mike over to save his mother from going to jail. I'm not saying I feel sorry for him, but I do sympathise with him a little.

I felt well sorry for him when he was crying. I know what he did was wrong but when he first came into the show i didn't really like him but i do now.

*-Rooney-*
22-09-2008, 18:18
next week should be good - well the clips of it looked good,

Edie finds out by a note that orson has written that benjamin is danielles baby,

how evil is kayla now

Hollie-x
22-09-2008, 21:35
next week should be good - well the clips of it looked good,

Edie finds out by a note that orson has written that benjamin is danielles baby,

how evil is kayla now

oo i never saw the end - i fell asleep, always do! I watch it on a Sunday but end up having to watch it on a Wed aswell.

Kayla is meaaan. I never did like her.

No doubt Edie will use that information to her advantage...

*-Rooney-*
23-09-2008, 15:26
cant believe kayla jumped off the step with the umbrella and told the twins she jumped from the roof, causing them to try it and one of them hurting themselves.

she really does need therapy but she wont go she will just blackmail lynette, cant believe tom cant see through it

Hollie-x
23-09-2008, 20:10
I know - she's obviously a disturbed little girl. Or just plain evil!

*-Rooney-*
29-09-2008, 23:13
now she is claiming shes an abused little girl, oh EVIL

IMO mikes mum seems to know an awful lot about susan- even personal stuff, considering we have never heard of her??

Hollie-x
07-10-2008, 18:33
:wall:
that girl makes me wanna screaaammmmm.

Haha, that made me laugh when Susan faked labour. Then actually went into labour. Now i'm probably being really stupid but was that baby a boy or girl?

*-Rooney-*
07-10-2008, 20:54
a boy, but i only know that because i have saw the next episode.

kayla deserved that slap, she is one vicious little brat - she is lucky that is the first slap she has received

Only susan can pretend her waters have broken in the middle of a restaurant lol

So now that the others have decided to cut off contact with edie does that mean she has left or is she coming back?

Hollie-x
07-10-2008, 21:12
Hell yeah she deserved that! Long overdue me thinks too.

Lmao. She's ace. I just love some of the stuff she says, like to Mike and the anti-natal classes 'Ooo hence, say a lot of hence'

hmm not too sure. Because she did say to her son (jebus i forgotted his nameee) 'we'll be spending a lot more time together' or something along those lines anyway so i was thinking maybe she was having a break or something.

*-Rooney-*
07-10-2008, 21:53
edies son is called travers

Was it just me though but when bree told the others about the true parentage of benjamin, they didnt seem as shocked as you would normally be if you were receiving news like that from a best friend

Hollie-x
08-10-2008, 10:18
That's the one (:

Yeah because tbh, i wouldn't be all pally with her just like because she has lied to all of them for well like a year now and fair enough she was 'protecting' her daughter but if she calls them her best/closest friends, surely she would have just told them. But that's just me!

*-Rooney-*
08-10-2008, 18:09
yeah surely if bree considers susan, lynette and gaby her closest friends she could have still faked the pregnancy (wore the belly etc) but confided in them because she wanted to and because she trusted them not because she was getting blackmailed

Abbie
12-10-2008, 14:35
I keep missing it but I think Im up to date
This week is gonna be good :D

Hollie-x
12-10-2008, 16:44
yeah surely if bree considers susan, lynette and gaby her closest friends she could have still faked the pregnancy (wore the belly etc) but confided in them because she wanted to and because she trusted them not because she was getting blackmailed

Tbh I would have done this rather than hidden it from them.

Ahhh Wed's eppisode was fabby! I'm gonna watch it tonight on E4 because I simply can not wait till Wed for the next eppisode (: looked amazing from what they showed last week.

*-Rooney-*
12-10-2008, 17:46
what happened on wed again?

*-Rooney-*
12-10-2008, 23:13
the finale was good but why does the next series go 5 years into the future, i understand when shows like one tree hill does it as all the main characters are off at diff colleges etc,

Could be good though i just hope they havent messed a really good show up,

And whos the guy susans kissing, is she having an affair or have her and mike split

Hollie-x
13-10-2008, 16:14
Thought it was really good last night - but DH always do have really good season finales

Ahhhhhh! I'm so excited for next week! (: looked fantastic from what last night showed :D:D:D

I'm not sure why they do but I think it's a really good idea because watching it like we are doing, time is at the same rate if yano what I mean so by putting it a few years ahead, we get to see more of what the characters turn into because obv the show will be coming to and end at somepoint. :crying:

The guy Susan's kissing - no idea! But on Sky yano when you can get information well I went to the new episode which will be on next Sunday and it said something about her 'relationship with a new man' so not sure if Mike is out now (which i'm hoping he isn't because I wanted mike and susan to be together forever!) or whether she's having an affair.

I loved how Gabby looked! Complete contrast - and when the kids were on her bed messing up her things!

willsmummy
16-10-2008, 16:17
Last night was really good. I cried though when Katherine was telling her ex about how her daughter dies (but then I am a soppy old sod)

I am wondering who Susan's new bloke is too. I think maybe she is carrying on behind Mike's back.

Can't wait for next week now.......

*-Rooney-*
16-10-2008, 19:46
is series 5 away to start right now or is it just the first episode of series 5 because from the adverts it comes across as if series 5 is away to start now.

And if its the first episode only dont see the point in that??

Abbie
17-10-2008, 17:11
I loved the finale, I kinda new dylan wasnt her daughter but I wasnt expecting that story :eek:
Love it that its 5 years in the future
Im looking forward to gabbys storylines :thumbsup:

*-Rooney-*
18-10-2008, 19:52
yeah i knew dylan wasnt really "dylan" also the clues were there, no scar, no memories, etc

Season 5 is it just continuing straight from the end of season 4, no gap in between - thats strange

I have saw i few good quotes just from the ads lol

Edie: What the hell happened to you
Gabby: I had two kids
Edie: What for breakfast?

Edie: I have a husband now
Susan: Really, who's?

Abbie
19-10-2008, 12:23
Edie: What the hell happened to you
Gabby: I had two kids
Edie: What for breakfast?

Edie: I have a husband now
Susan: Really, who's?

:rotfl: Makes me laugh every time :p

*-Rooney-*
19-10-2008, 13:28
cant wait to watch it tonight yipee

Abbie
19-10-2008, 13:29
:cheer: me either and Ive created new threads ready :D

*-Rooney-*
19-10-2008, 13:41
really i will have to have a look

Abbie
19-10-2008, 13:43
:lol: they are just current episode discussion threads, cos things started to get confusing over here