PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Corrie star to guest in 'The Bill'

Abigail
23-08-2008, 00:35
Former Coronation Street villain Bill Ward is to appear in a special four-part plot of ITV police drama The Bill.

The 41-year-old, whose Weatherfield character Charlie Stubbs was dramatically murdered in cold blood at the beginning of last year, will appear as drug dealer Rob Towler, a former undercover love interest of Sun Hill's D.C. Stevie Moss (Lucy Speed).

While based with Manchester's police force, Stevie assumed the alias of Rob's girlfriend. Not knowing she was an undercover cop, Rob and Stevie cemented a strong relationship.

Rob was sentenced to prison after assaulting a girl who gave evidence against him in court, but has subsequently been released early and arrives on Stevie's patch, leaving Stevie torn between her job and her feelings towards her undercover flame.

Speaking of his role, Ward said: "One of my first parts in television was on The Bill and it’s good to back playing a completely different character this time around.

"At first you may think that Rob is just a straightforward bad guy but there is more to him than that and his relationship with Stevie shows his vulnerable side."

He added: "His history with Stevie goes back a long way and as the relationship is revisited it is a question of whether their conflicting priorities will drive them apart or not – it is a choice between duty or love!"

His episodes are scheduled to air in December.

Chloe O'brien
23-08-2008, 00:54
Just for once I would really like to see a decent drama that doesn't involve romance. That is what has ruined UK dramas including Spooks and many US programmes.

Katy
27-08-2008, 18:29
he's also appearing in heartbeat i think but i could be dreaming that bit! i'll try and remember where i read it.

Chris_2k11
27-08-2008, 21:28
Im not a fan of the actor to be honest