PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a printer

Abi
21-08-2008, 15:21
I need a new printer, so recommend me one!!

- I only want to spend around £50, give or take £10-15 pounds. And i want it to have CHEAP ink.

- It needs to work with Microsoft Vista.

- I want it to be a scanner/copier/printer.

- Being wireless would be good too, but not essential.

- I don't want it to be too big or bulky. The smaller, the better.

I've found a couple of Epsons and HPs that i like, but i'm not sure about them. So any recommendations would be fab.

di marco
21-08-2008, 19:53
im not gonna be much help here lol cos i dont really know much about my printer! but the printer ive got is the hp desktop f300 series. it scans, prints and copies in both black and white and colour. i got it in with a package with my laptop but when i got it (2yrs ago) it was £49.99 i think on its own (dunno how much it would be now or if they still do it?). not sure quite how much the ink is but it does last for quite a long time (even when it says the ink has run out, it still works for ages afterwards!). its not wireless and its not really small but it is smaller than other printers ive had and its quite light (if you need to carry it anywhere). not sure if it works with vista cos i dont have that. mine broke within the first 2months, i took it back to the shop and i got a replacement printer straight away (not sure if that was shop policy and the companies policy, i got it from comets) but the new one has worked fine. sorry i couldnt be much help, but it is a good printer, not sure if it meets all the requirements you want though :)

Abigail
21-08-2008, 22:47
Lexmark are a good brand, I've had several and never had any problem with mine. The one that I have at the moment, 2300, has one ink cartridge which is about £10. It prints, scans, copies and faxes. Very small and compact. It also comes with imaging software, very much like photoshop but for free.

Kim
21-08-2008, 22:54
I thought the ink for Lexmark was usually very expensive. It's cheaper if you order it offline. Choice stationary is good. I'd stay away from HP - I got one around your price range and it's one thirsty printer. Epson is good, we have one downstairs. It doesn't use much ink at all compared to my HP one and we've never had a problem with it.

Jojo
22-08-2008, 11:57
I've always had Epsons. Have had no problems with compatible cartridges, print quality etc and mine is used a lot with running the business from home. I've always had all in ones too (currently have the DX6000 series).

Abi
22-08-2008, 12:01
I've always had Epsons. Have had no problems with compatible cartridges, print quality etc and mine is used a lot with running the business from home. I've always had all in ones too (currently have the DX6000 series).

I was thinking about maybe this (http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/412554/EPSON-DX8400/tab/delivery) one, which is really similar. Do you think that one would be any good for what i want?

Jojo
22-08-2008, 12:06

I was thinking about maybe this (http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/412554/EPSON-DX8400/tab/delivery) one, which is really similar. Do you think that one would be any good for what i want?

I think that one will work really well for you. It looks like the next version up from my one, which I got a few years back now.

Compatible cartridges are also available for that one - I pay £5.99 for each of mine but the cartridges last pretty well. I don't change mine that often and I'm almost constantly printing from it.

For that price, I think its looks like a great choice for you.

Abi
22-08-2008, 12:11

I think that one will work really well for you. It looks like the next version up from my one, which I got a few years back now.

Compatible cartridges are also available for that one - I pay £5.99 for each of mine but the cartridges last pretty well. I don't change mine that often and I'm almost constantly printing from it.

For that price, I think its looks like a great choice for you.

I think i'll go for that one. Thanks!! :)