PDA

View Full Version : Bradley Branning

Florijo
15-11-2005, 15:23
Bring on Bradley Branning

Young actor Charlie Clements will arrive in Walford in the New Year as Jim's grandson.

Jim Branning’s teenage grandson arrives in early next 2006.

Charlie Clements, aged 18, is set to play Bradley Branning.

He arrives in Walford after accepting a job in the East End. The job means Bradley moving away from home but it's the push he needs.

Bradley arranges to stay with his grandfather Jim in Walford. Bradley's never really known Jim, but has always wanted to know more about his family roots.

Bradley's 18 and has never had a serious girlfriend. He's looking for a girl with strength of character and a bit of spark. Maybe he’ll find her in Walford…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/news/news_content/news_20051115.shtml

Siobhan
15-11-2005, 15:49
possibly stacy or ruby????

soapyclean
15-11-2005, 15:59
Stacey has more the spark he needs to keep him on his toes rather than Ruby whose got a father who needs some serious help.

Florijo
15-11-2005, 16:02
I can't work out how he can be Jim's grandson. According the Branning family tree, Jim has two daughters. We know he is not Carol's son and his other daughter April has no children. Someone said on another forum that Jim had two sons also but Jim told Johnny and Tina he only had two daughters.

soapyclean
15-11-2005, 16:04
the phantom family member hole been dug into again :D

Florijo
15-11-2005, 16:07
LOL. :D It is quite funny when soaps magic up new family members out of nowhere.

squillyfer
15-11-2005, 16:22
Fair enough they need new characters but bringing them all in at the same time is a bit silly there are at least ten people coming in in the space of around three months

Florijo
15-11-2005, 16:26
Well two of those characters, Jack Edwards and the new doctor are only in the show for a few months so thats not too bad.

lollymay
15-11-2005, 16:32
it going to be complicated few months with all of them coming in at once

Siobhan
15-11-2005, 16:33
I can't work out how he can be Jim's grandson. According the Branning family tree, Jim has two daughters. We know he is not Carol's son and his other daughter April has no children. Someone said on another forum that Jim had two sons also but Jim told Johnny and Tina he only had two daughters.

could be grandchild on his wife's side....

Florijo
15-11-2005, 16:39
According to Walford Web, Jim has a son called Derek Branning, who appeared in 1996.

He was a racist, like Jim when he first arrived, and tried to split Carol and Alan up.

I guess the writers and the people that look after the website just forgot about the fact that Jim had a son.

Jada-GDR
OMG :wub: HOT!

Jada-GDR
According to Walford Web, Jim has a son called Derek Branning, who appeared in 1996.

He was a racist, like Jim when he first arrived, and tried to split Carol and Alan up.

I guess the writers and the people that look after the website just forgot about the fact that Jim had a son.
was jim a racist??? :eek:

Siobhan
15-11-2005, 16:40
was jim a racist??? :eek:

yeah didn't like Alan, carols husband

Jessie Wallace
15-11-2005, 16:41
who cares where he come from of who he is gonna be, his fit! lol

Florijo
15-11-2005, 16:43
who cares where he come from of who he is gonna be, his fit! lol

Well, I care. We can't just have characters come out of nowhere, fit or not. :rolleyes:

.:SpIcYsPy:.
15-11-2005, 16:43
it going to be complicated few months with all of them coming in at once
Exactly... they are all suddenyl coming out of no where!! How many new ones have we got now ey?! :searchme:

Jessie Wallace
15-11-2005, 16:44
Well, I care. We can't just have characters come out of nowhere, fit or not. :rolleyes:

Calm down, it's only a soap, it's not real life!

Debs
15-11-2005, 16:45
Bring on Bradley Branning

Young actor Charlie Clements will arrive in Walford in the New Year as Jim's grandson.

Jim Branning’s teenage grandson arrives in early next 2006.

Charlie Clements, aged 18, is set to play Bradley Branning.

He arrives in Walford after accepting a job in the East End. The job means Bradley moving away from home but it's the push he needs.

Bradley arranges to stay with his grandfather Jim in Walford. Bradley's never really known Jim, but has always wanted to know more about his family roots.

Bradley's 18 and has never had a serious girlfriend. He's looking for a girl with strength of character and a bit of spark. Maybe he’ll find her in Walford…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/news/news_content/news_20051115.shtml

IT GOTTA be a love interest for stacey!!

Jessie Wallace
15-11-2005, 16:46
IT GOTTA be a love interest for stacey!!

Yep i can see them together. :wub:

lollymay
15-11-2005, 16:47
i counted nine. ill post them up in a minute

Florijo
15-11-2005, 16:48
I thought Stacey was meant to get with Deano. Oh god, no please, not another love triangle.

lollymay
15-11-2005, 17:08
New arrivals

Deano Wicks will arrive in December, he is Pats nephew and is played by Matt Di Angelo.
Kevin Wicks arrives after Deano does in persuit of him, in early 2006 and is played by Phil Daniels.
Carly Wicks also arrives in early 2006 and is Deano's sister played by Kellie Shirley.
Diane Parish will play a role related to the Wicks family but does not yet have a caracter name. she will alsoarrive in 2006.
Honey Edwards joins the cast in November. She is played by Emma Barton.
Jack Edwards is Honey's dad. he arrives in 2006 and is played by David Essex.
Bert Atkinson joins the cast as a friend of Joe Macer. he is played by Dave Hill and will join the cast in early 2006 also.
Oliver Cousins is the new Walford doctor. He arrives in December and is staying on for 5 months. he will be played by Tom Ellis.
Bradley Branning is joining the cast as Jim's grandson. he will be played by Charlie Clements and will join the cast in early 2006.

Siobhan
15-11-2005, 17:45
Wow.. a lot of new arrivals.. hope they stay longer than Danny Moon

Chloe O'brien
15-11-2005, 18:08
I take it that he will be the new hearthrob to replace spencer and Leo

sarah21
15-11-2005, 22:06

As a long time fan of the Jackson clan, when Jim first arrived, he had 6 kids - 4 girls and 2 boys. The character page for Jim was changed and I could never understand why.

Oh, I like this. Kate Harwood said in Inside Soap today that instead of bringing in completely new families it made sense to build back up the ones they've got. Hence the new Wicks. Now maybe she is starting on the Jackson/Branning clan.

Florijo
15-11-2005, 22:20
As a long time fan of the Jackson clan, when Jim first arrived, he had 6 kids - 4 girls and 2 boys. The character page for Jim was changed and I could never understand why.

Oh, I like this. Kate Harwood said in Inside Soap today that instead of bringing in completely new families it made sense to build back up the ones they've got. Hence the new Wicks. Now maybe she is starting on the Jackson/Branning clan.

Oh right, well thats good then. I never knew that Jim had 6 children, I only remembered Carol and April.

I like that they are trying to build up the present families. Dot, Jim and Pat are great characters and all three can do comedy and serious so it will be interesting to see how they react to the newcomers.

soapyclean
16-11-2005, 07:54
WOW someone who has fore thought, building up families already there is alot easier than bringing in families and intergrate them in to the square.

Kim
16-11-2005, 20:30
possibly stacy or ruby????

I thought Stacey was going to be with Deano Wicks? Sounds good.

Florijo
16-11-2005, 20:58
The new arrivals also seem to be a mix of ages and pretty balanced between male and females as well, which is good.

- Deano Wicks looks like he is about 18/19 years old. I wish they had given him a better name than Deano though, I know everytime I see him I will think of Dino the pink dinosaur from the Flintstones. http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/4144/quiz725outcome68as.jpg. Yabba dabba doo. :D
- Bradley Branning is 18 as well.
- Kevin Wicks must be in his late 40's and I reckon Jack Edwards is in his 50's.
- Carly Wicks looks like she is 24/25 ish and I think Honey Edwards is about the same age, maybe a bit older and Diane Parish's character will be in her late 30's.
- And Bert Atkinson I would guess is in his 50's or 60's so it is a good mix of age and gender.

Angeltigger
22-11-2005, 22:52
also that mean it would have to be sonia brother (but does she have a brother apart from Robbie who is older and that little black boy) don't know his name

LUSHLOOKE69
22-11-2005, 23:07
also that mean it would have to be sonia brother (but does she have a brother apart from Robbie who is older and that little black boy) don't know his name
The little black boy was sonias brother Billy. It wouldnt have to be Sonias brother it could be her cousin we know hes not sonaias brother as Bianca was Carols older child and she hadher at a very young age 16 I think.

JustJodi
22-11-2005, 23:53
The new arrivals also seem to be a mix of ages and pretty balanced between male and females as well, which is good.

- Deano Wicks looks like he is about 18/19 years old. I wish they had given him a better name than Deano though, I know everytime I see him I will think of Dino the pink dinosaur from the Flintstones. http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/4144/quiz725outcome68as.jpg. Yabba dabba doo. :D
- Bradley Branning is 18 as well.
- Kevin Wicks must be in his late 40's and I reckon Jack Edwards is in his 50's.
- Carly Wicks looks like she is 24/25 ish and I think Honey Edwards is about the same age, maybe a bit older and Diane Parish's character will be in her late 30's.
- And Bert Atkinson I would guess is in his 50's or 60's so it is a good mix of age and gender.

What about Mikey and Dawns Dad Mike ??? he would be in his mid to late 40's ???

JustJodi
22-11-2005, 23:56
I take it that he will be the new hearthrob to replace spencer and Leo

Leo ?? a heart throb ?? hardly,,, Spencer was a cutie but he couldn't act his way out of a hat..Deano Wicks sounds like a real charmer,, dunno about Jims grandson,, any one know what he looks like ?? ( I mean the actor ):searchme: :searchme:

littlemo
23-11-2005, 00:00
The little black boy was sonias brother Billy. It wouldnt have to be Sonias brother it could be her cousin we know hes not sonaias brother as Bianca was Carols older child and she hadher at a very young age 16 I think.

I'm pretty sure Carol was 14 when she had Bianca. She's only got 4 children, Bianca, Robbie, Sonia and Billy. Bradley Branning has to be Sonia's cousin.

I think it's great that they are bringing in some more family for Sonia. All she's got now is Jim and Dot, and the Fowlers, of course! I hope they become really good friends. It's really nice for her and Jim to become more aquainted with the rest of the family. I hope he stays for a long time.

All we need now is for Carol, Bianca and Robbie to come back! I really would love to see them again. I especially think Sonia needs Robbie to be there for her. More recently (when he was in it) he was been more of a parent to her.

Kim
23-11-2005, 07:50
What about Mikey and Dawns Dad Mike ??? he would be in his mid to late 40's ???

I think he said to Dawn that he was 42. Deano Wicks is 18.

Jada-GDR
20-12-2005, 15:25
eastenders have a weird habit of bringing in random relatives that no one has ever seen or spoken of before, but know very well of their existance when they turn up

the_watts_rule
20-12-2005, 17:04
When does he arrive?

Kim
20-12-2005, 23:09
January 2nd.

the_watts_rule
21-12-2005, 08:21
January 2nd.

Cool Thanks.

sillygit556
21-12-2005, 15:30
i read that jim has a son called derek and three daughters one being carol so if his surname is branning thn he maybe dereks son unless he took his mums surname which is unlikely

slater girl
19-08-2008, 11:42
Bradley's Secret Lover?!

From the Latest Soap Life Magazine out today

Bradley's Turn to Cheat?

Can Bradley keep on being too good to be true? Okay we love the idea of Stacey being like a female Max and cheating with Callum but we're waiting for Bradley to show he's a chip of the old block too. And he might get his chance if Danielle turns to him for TLC to get over Callum messing her around

Dr. Tangliss
19-08-2008, 12:45
*Yawn* These 'affair' storylines are so boring now! Come on EE think of something new!:thumbsdow

.:SpIcYsPy:.
19-08-2008, 14:13
I agree, enough with the affair storylines already. It's getting SO boring..
And especially as we already had enough with the Brannings having affairs.. STOP!

di marco
20-08-2008, 10:59
stacey having another affair will be so boring and predictable, and i really dont think bradley should have an affair either

DaVeyWaVey
20-08-2008, 22:08
First I hear about Stacey having an affair, now Bradley?! This is getting so boring now! *YAWN*

Kim
20-08-2008, 22:56
He didn't turn into a bit of a womaniser when he found out about Stax, so it would just be silly if he did now.

slater girl
26-08-2008, 13:52
From Today's latest Inside Soap

Bradley's Dark Side

You know it's true love when a man can find it in his heart to forgive his wife for sleeping with his father - but Bradley is likely to live to regret getting back with Stacey. This autumn, the feisty stallholder will find herself falling under the spell of cocky newcomer Callum. This time around, through, don't expect poor Bradley to take the news of Stacey's bad behaviour lying down...
"Their relationship can only only go wrong once more, because there's only so many times it can recover", predicts Charlie. "In Callum, Stacey sees all the qualities that she doesn't see in Bradley. But he's got a bit of a nasty streak, has our Bradders. Although you don''t get to see it often, it's definitely there. I think he could surprise us all".....

senorita
26-08-2008, 14:18
Could Bradley get interesting? Love his character though, but would be nice to see him get angry, fired up due to passion.....Come on Bradders sort that Callum out!

Lennie
27-08-2008, 00:23
I think Bradley's anger has to come out esp Stacey being unfaithful again, how can he not get angry even more then last time

I seriously think Bradley needs to have an affair with an older woman. get his frustrations out lol :D

sindydoll
27-08-2008, 11:00
im getting really bored of all this cheating now

di marco
27-08-2008, 11:24
im getting really bored of all this cheating now

me too, either keep bradley and stacey together or let them split up but dont let them have any more affairs!

JustJodi
27-08-2008, 14:24
Ohhhhhh another CHEATING STORY,,, how exciting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT !!!! :wall: Can't EE ever come up with something a bit more original than the same old tired story line of the CHEATING spouse ????:wall:

Red08
27-08-2008, 16:38
It'd be class for him and Danielle to have an affair and Stacey and Callum!!

tammyy2j
27-08-2008, 16:54
The only person for Bradley is Stacey and vice versa

Bracey are one of the best couples in EE and the writers are ruining them

di marco
27-08-2008, 17:41
It'd be class for him and Danielle to have an affair and Stacey and Callum!!

i really dont think it would, itd be boring and predictable and its been done loads of times before

*-Rooney-*
27-08-2008, 19:39
dont ruin bracey please

JustJodi
28-08-2008, 13:08
seems to me that all the EE writers want to do is destroy all the good characters, pretty soon they will have Yolande shop lifting and smoking a crack pipe,,:rolleyes: :eek:

*-Rooney-*
28-08-2008, 15:17
seems to me that all the EE writers want to do is destroy all the good characters, pretty soon they will have Yolande shop lifting and smoking a crack pipe,,:rolleyes: :eek:

that might make her character more interesting i find her a bore - axe her now

di marco
28-08-2008, 21:27

shes already been axed from what ive heard, dunno when shes leaving though

sindydoll
28-08-2008, 21:44

shes already been axed from what ive heard, dunno when shes leaving though
yes she got axed ages ago she must be due to leave

lizann
11-09-2008, 13:57
From her arrival i liked Roxy with Bradley but doubt that will happen.

What age is Danielle?

di marco
13-09-2008, 08:56
What age is Danielle?

shes 19

sindydoll
16-09-2008, 12:35
so do danielle and bradders have a fling?

*-Rooney-*
16-09-2008, 12:35
oh god i hope not!!!!!!!!

JustJodi
16-09-2008, 15:50
I wish they would just leave poor Bradley alone, I love his GEEKY look,, I bet he is a POWERHOUSE else where:lol: :D

tammyy2j
21-03-2009, 12:02
WALFORD’S Bradley Branning follows in his father’s footsteps in a bid to seduce a sexy newcomer to the Square.

The ginger businessman takes a leaf out of his love rat dad Max’s book and tricks Syd Chambers into thinking he is a high-flying businessman.

But Brad (Charlie Clements, 21) has lost his job and is now living off his savings.

Bradley bumps into Syd (Nina Toussaint-White, 23) while he is walking his dog and plucks up the courage to ask her out.

Later in the Queen Vic he spins her his lies and it works a treat as she lands a smacker on his lips.

Perdita
26-05-2009, 06:11
EastEnders' unlucky-in-love Bradley Branning - played by 21-year-old Charlie Clements - puts his life on the line next week as he becomes embroiled in a hostage situation at the café. When evil Nick Cotton (John Altman) loses the plot and locks a group of locals in Bridge Street's greasy spoon, a fire quickly takes hold and it's down to Bradley to save everyone inside. However, when Nick fails to emerge from the blaze, Bradley returns inside to rescue him. On his way out, though, a gas pipe causes the building to explode. We gave Charlie a call to find out more about the stunt and whether Bradley's relationship with Syd is built to last.

Bradley's become increasingly worried about Dot...
"He's being told from a load of different sides that Dot's suffering with dementia but he's really the only one that knows she isn't. He trusts his own instincts and keeps telling people that she's fine, but no-one believes him. With Syd being a nurse, she decides to tell Bradley what she believes the situation to be and that causes a bit of tension between them."

He snaps at Patrick too. Do you think that's a little out of character?
"He snaps, but it's only a brief scene. Bradley's just left the launderette having heard people talking about Dot and then Patrick says something completely unrelated, but Bradley thinks he's talking about Dot and has a go at him."

Do you think he's ever trusted Nick?
"No, I don't think he's a great fan. Dot's probably told Bradley about Nick's past and all that he's done, so he's definitely wary of him."

What about Dotty? Does he have any ideas that she's being trained up as Satan's daughter?
"No, I don't think he does. But obviously he knows that she's Nick's daughter and that she's from the same stock, so she's bound to be a bit iffy. I don't think he realises at any point that it's Dotty who's trying to poison Dot."

As a viewer, do you think that Dotty - a.k.a. Kirsty - is actually Nick's child?
"Yeah, I think so. She is evil! I don't see how he could have come across this child any other way, unless he goes around stealing children!"

And the café explosion - how does Bradley become involved?
"Bradley's already in the café with Syd and a few other people, including Lauren, Abi and Lucy. Then Nick walks in, locks the door and takes everyone hostage. Because he has his two younger sisters in there, it's Bradley who tries to stand up to Nick and tries to talk him out of whatever he's planned. Bradley very sharply gets told to sit down and shut up, though…"

How does the fire come about?
"Well there's a cloth that's dangling above the chip fryer and it falls in and starts the fire. It catches really quickly around the kitchen area. Bradley manages to get everyone out, but goes back in to try and help Nick and sees that the gas pipe is leaking - in typical 'Enders fashion! - and that's when the boom happens!"

Then surprisingly he runs back inside to save Nick!
"The reason he goes back in wasn't to save Nick as such, it's for Dot because as bad as Nick is, Bradley can see how much her son means to her."

What was it like filming the stunt? Did you see the explosion?
"I didn't see the explosion actually because they did it the day after! I was in for some of it and then the day they actually filmed the explosion scene, I was off. Filming the fire material was really enjoyable."

Did you do all your own material for the stunt scenes?
"Yeah, I did it all. They built another set in a warehouse environment and sent the place up in flames - always controlled by the special effect guys, though! They did bring [a stunt double] in for me, but I was thinking that it wouldn't look real and they'd probably get a guy that doesn't look anything like me and put him in a dodgy wig. So I said that I'd do the stunts and they let me."

Do you think Syd's a good match for Bradley?
"Yeah, I do. Especially the added angle with her kid, Noah. They can play on Bradley's relationship with him, too - his attempt at trying to be a father figure to him. That's good because it's a part of Bradley's life that's important to him - his own dad walked out on him. I think Bradley will try and prove to people that he can be a better father than he ever had. There's more of a family unit with Bradley, Syd and Noah, as opposed to Bradley and Stacey. But whether they'll work as well as Bradley and Stacey, I don't know. It seems that Bradley and Stacey have become quite an iconic couple..."

Who do you think Bradley should be with? Syd, Stacey or someone else?
"To be honest, at the moment, I'd quite like to see him floating around on his own. We've never really seen Bradley not in a relationship. As soon as he arrived, he was thrown into the relationship with Stacey and now that's broken up, he's straight back into another one with Syd. We've never really seen him go 'out there'. I'd quite like to see him go to a dark place to be honest and maybe go a bit off the rails…"

EE's Bradley chats money, jumpers and Gumbo

Last week, I managed to steal a quick chat with my supposed EastEnders doppelgänger Charlie Clements - aka Albert Square's Bradley Branning.

Bradley finds himself at the centre of the action during next week's bank of episodes when a slightly unhinged Nick Cotton (John Altman) decides to hold a group of hostages in the café, which ultimately goes boom. Click here to read the main part of the interview to hear what Bradders has to say about the plot and filming the stunt, among other things.

Meanwhile, read on if you've been wondering where all the money went that Bradley won on the horses and to find out if Bradley's going to be involved in Stacey's (Lacey Turner) bipolar plot...

Do you like working with June Brown (Dot Cotton)?
"She's brilliant. I love working with her. She's 83 and she's still as good as she's always been. She's an institution in her own right. She should have won the Bafta."

Are you looking forward to John Bardon (Jim Branning) returning?
"Yeah, if John can come back, it'd be great. Everybody misses not having him there."

We know that Bradley was skint for a while – why didn't he ask Dot for all that money back that he won on the horses?
"I think there's a story which will see the money come back into play at some point. I asked the same question myself, so they're planning something for it… I hope they have anyway. Something needs to happen with it!"

Will Bradley be involved in Stacey's bipolar storyline at all?
"I hope so. Obviously they were so close for so long and Stacey's probably the one girl that he still loves, even though he's going out with Syd. He still has very strong feelings for her and cares deeply. I hope they do something with the pair of them through Stacey's bipolar story."

What's your take on Max and Tanya - do you think they're destined to be together?
"Yeah, they're like Bradley and Stacey really in that they're always going to love each other no matter what happens."

And what about Bradley and Max - do you think Bradley will ever forgive Max?
"Max does love Bradley and no matter what happens in the past, Bradley still wants his dad to care for him."

Gumbo - how big is that dog?!
"He's massive! He's about 13 stone. You could probably put a small child on him and let them ride [him] like a pony. He's got a very good temperament, too. He never barks or anything. Obviously he's a dog, though, and so trying to get him to do what you want him to do is difficult. If he wants to go for a walk, you have to go with him. You don't get much choice in the matter."

Are you a fan of Bradley's jumpers?
"I'm a fan of them for Bradley, yeah. I wouldn't wear them myself, though!"

Perdita
26-05-2009, 06:13
The money storyline has me puzzled, I thought Dot gave all the money to Nick so he would not leave with Dotty? :confused:

Siobhan
26-05-2009, 09:58
The money storyline has me puzzled, I thought Dot gave all the money to Nick so he would not leave with Dotty? :confused:

But he came back and gave it all back to her.. so she has the money

Perdita
26-05-2009, 10:00
Thanks, Shiv, probably missed that episode. But Nick returning the money? Does not sound like the Nick we know and hate lol :confused:

Siobhan
26-05-2009, 11:00
Thanks, Shiv, probably missed that episode. But Nick returning the money? Does not sound like the Nick we know and hate lol :confused:

It was to get back into the house to plot her murder.. what better way than to say he changed his mind and he loves his daughter and doesn't care about the money

lizann
26-05-2009, 16:26
I hope somehow Bradley gets back with Stacey - i know she treated him badly but she is the only love interest for him and they have great chemistry on screen

Bradley and this new girl are very boring :thumbsdow

Siobhan
26-05-2009, 16:28
Bradley and this new girl are very boring :thumbsdow

New girl (Syd) is just boring in general... but with Bradley there is zero chemistry there at all...

di marco
28-05-2009, 09:22
i agree, bradley and stacey are way better than bradley and syd, shes really boring

tammyy2j
28-05-2009, 11:07
I hope Bradley will feature in Stacey's bi polar storyline

JustJodi
28-05-2009, 11:16
I think Bradley should be a key feature to this storyline, he may even be the one who actually/and finally convinces her to get some professional help,, Jean tried,( shes such a great character)...Mo is useless, Charley is CLUELESS.. I think Sean would have also HELPED if he knew Stacey needed him. But again Sean has demons of his own to battle/and overcome :(
Syd just does not do any thing for me, I mean, she might have been OK as just a character working for the new Doc on the square, but as a g/f for Bradley, it just doesn't do it for me.. :searchme: No chemistry...

di marco
30-05-2009, 12:01
I hope Bradley will feature in Stacey's bi polar storyline

i hope that too, i think he would be really good to be there for her and help her

megan999
27-02-2010, 16:12
SOURCE: BEXLEY TIMES, Thursday 25/2/10
By Kate Mead

His on-screen death on EastEnders attracted nearly 17 million viewers, but actor Charlie Clements has said he hated the attention the soap brought him.

The 22-year-old star, from Bromley, played lovable nice guy Bradley Branning in the BBC soap for four years.

Sidcup-born Clements, a former pupil of Coopers Technology School in Chislehurst, has revealed: "I hate all the attention. I can't go anywhere without people coming up to me and asking me about EastEnders. I want to be able to lead a normal life. Go to the pub or a club with my mates and not get hassled. I know it comes with the territory of being in such a big show like EastEnders so that's why I decided to leave. Hopefully, things will get back to some normality for me once I haven't been in the show for a few months."

Clements first got the part of Bradley soon after leaving Coopers in 2005 following his A-levels. Before taking up an acting career, he worked part-time at Waitrose in Bromley South, where his brother still works at weekends.

His role as Bradley came to an end during the live episode of EastEnders that saw him plunge to his death from the roof of the Queen Vic as he tried to escape police who believe him to be the murderer of Archie Mitchell.

But 16.6 million viewers tuned in to find that Bradley's on-screen wife Stacey, played by Lacey Turner, was the killer when she confessed to his father Max (Jake Wood), bringing the long running whodunnit plotline to an end.

Speaking after the episode, Clements said: "I am drained of everything, I tell you! It's crazy. It's been so emotional. It was a big way to go out."

Viewing figures make the episode the most-watched programme this year, beating a previous episode on New Year's Day featuring the Masood wedding, which was watched by 12.3 million.

EastEnders' executive producer Diederick Santer said: "These numbers go far beyond what we ever hoped for. I am so proud of our cast and crew for their incredible performance. This rating is the icing on our silver anniversary cake."

The biggest EastEnders audience ever came in 1986, when 30.15 million tuned in to the Christmas Day episode to see Den Watts present Angie with divorce papers.

Dazzle
27-02-2010, 16:55
Poor Charlie, I don't think the public are gonna forget Bradley any time soon. A few months isn't going to make much difference.

megan999
27-02-2010, 17:02
I agree with you, Dazzle, and there are some scarey fans out there!! He would be easy to recognise, especially with his red hair. I think he looks very distinctive.

Perdita
27-02-2010, 17:52
What do actors expect, joining a very popular soap opera and portraying a loveable character... of course they will be recognised, regardless of hair colour

Chloe O'brien
01-03-2010, 12:48
I feel for Charlie all he wants is a normal life. It's wrong for writers to pick people off the streets and turn them into overnight celebs. They should be taking young actors from trained drama schools at least they get some training on how to deal with being in the public eye.

lizann
01-03-2010, 12:56
Why didnt he leave alot sooner rather than stay for 4 years so

megan999
01-03-2010, 16:46
Yeah, if the pressure of fame was too much for him, he should have left sooner then.

tammyy2j
02-03-2010, 11:01
He will always be remembered as Bradders no matter where he is or who else he plays

If he couldnt handle the fame and attention why choose this career path

megan999
03-03-2010, 16:42
He will always be remembered as Bradders no matter where he is or who else he plays

If he couldnt handle the fame and attention why choose this career path
He can't fade into obscurity now! I suppose he could give up acting if he hates the attention so much, but you're right, he will always be Bradley to the public now.....

Chloe O'brien
07-03-2010, 02:18
Why didnt he leave alot sooner rather than stay for 4 years so

Because money talks. Charile knew that it would take him working 15 years in his 9 to 5 job what he earned the 4 years in EE. That is why there is so many ex soap cast members begging to return or appearing in reality shows because it's there only chance of a good income. If Charlie is serious about contiuning acting then he is right to start at the begining and go and do theater work. Most thearter viewers are fans of the theater and not soap fans.

Perdita
04-10-2023, 15:05
Online speculations he is returning as his twin brother............