God is was good to see Jim back

He and Dot do it so well i realy missed him

But sorry can't stand Suzy and Max is getting on my nerves

Chris_2k11
12-08-2008, 12:07
I agree not keen on this Suzy character at all

Bryan
12-08-2008, 12:13
i like Suzy a lot for some reason, probably becuase I like the actress so well!

DaVeyWaVey
12-08-2008, 12:45
I am liking Suzy too. I agree - wonderful to see Jim back. His scenes with Dot yesterday were so emotional.

Perdita
12-08-2008, 14:45
Very emotional episode, liked it a lot though. Nasty Max, wish somebody would slap him one for what he did to his dad. :mad:

Abigail
12-08-2008, 21:04
What did Max do to his dad? I wondered why Jim looked angry when Max came in.

Some of the scenes with Jim made me cry. I can't imagine how hard it is to want to say something but not be able to.

Great episode, hopefully John will return part time when he is feeling up to it.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
12-08-2008, 23:41
What did Max do to his dad? I wondered why Jim looked angry when Max came in.
I was wondering that too..?:searchme:

Kim
12-08-2008, 23:57
Maybe he's been told about the Stax affair, and believes that because of Stacey's age, Max was mostly to blame for what happened and that he manipulated Stacey or something. Unless it was because he cheated on Tanya so many times only to do it again with Oscar around and then started a fued with Jack over Tanya?

I'm just thinking of anything that may have caused it; I haven't seen the episode yet.

parkerman
13-08-2008, 07:24
Maybe he's been told about the Stax affair, and believes that because of Stacey's age, Max was mostly to blame for what happened and that he manipulated Stacey or something. Unless it was because he cheated on Tanya so many times only to do it again with Oscar around and then started a fued with Jack over Tanya?

I'm just thinking of anything that may have caused it; I haven't seen the episode yet.

It has nothing to do with that. It goes right back to Max's childhood. Before Jim was forced to leave because of John Bardon's stroke this whole story was gone in to at some length - it was a major story line.

Kim
13-08-2008, 14:09
Jim buried Max alive and treated his wife badly, so that doesn't explain why Jim looked angry at Max, unless it was because Max has told people what he did at that time.

JustJodi
13-08-2008, 15:48
it was quite poignant between Dot and Jim,, I thought every one was a bit pushy at the party,, and Peg sitting right next to Jim,,Suzy was a bit over the top,,Bianca's character is almost as immature as her youngest daughter.. Jim did not appear to reconize her ,,,I wish Jack had been there,,
:searchme: I have a feeling this was the last time John Bardon will appear on EE:hmm: :hmm: :searchme: Regardless, I thought it was just wonderful seeing him back on our screens:)

sindydoll
13-08-2008, 16:24
it was good to see him back :)

Abigail
13-08-2008, 18:04
:searchme: I have a feeling this was the last time John Bardon will appear on EE:hmm: :hmm: :searchme: Regardless, I thought it was just wonderful seeing him back on our screens:)

I think you may be right there. John was rushed into hospital a few weeks ago with a suspected stroke. I don't think he'll be back on a regular basis, his health just isn't what it should be.

sindydoll
13-08-2008, 20:11
i cant see him coming back now he has had this set back

pinkles14
13-08-2008, 22:59
It was good to see him back..... good episode....

Perdita
17-04-2009, 16:14
EastEnders veteran June Brown has hinted that John Bardon is to make a return to the soap in June as her screen husband Jim Branning.

The 82-year-old BAFTA nominee, who plays Walford's Dot Branning, yesterday spoke of her Bardon's ongoing improvement since his stroke in June 2007.

She told The Mirror: "John is coming back in June and he is improving all the time. You just keep all your fingers crossed that Jim will be back. He won’t be grumpy and he will talk as much as he can."

Bardon has since filmed three brief appearances as Jim, who has also suffered a stroke in the soap's storylines. Jim first returned to the Square for his birthday on August 11. On December 4, his son Jack (Scott Maslen) paid him a visit in the care home and later that month, he surprised Dot by turning up on her doorstep on Christmas Day.

Speaking of Bardon's potential return, executive producer Diederick Santer yesterday told DS: "I saw John last week and he's in good form. He's keen to come back and we just have to work around him to make sure that he's comfortable when he's here."

He added: "All things being equal, we'll definitely be seeing him again in the show before too long."

:cheer:

parkerman
18-04-2009, 09:53
That's really good news. :thumbsup:

Chloe O'brien
19-04-2009, 20:49
Good news that John is improving all the time and it will be great to have him back with Dot as long as he is fit enough.

Chris_2k11
19-04-2009, 20:52
Wonder what he'll make of Dotty :eek:

JustJodi
20-04-2009, 13:37
Wonder what he'll make of Dotty :eek:

If I am not mistaken, they have already met at the care home:searchme: Because they were talking about it I think last week.. before Nasty Nick showed up,,,:ninja:

parkerman
20-04-2009, 13:51
By the way, could one of the mods change the title of this thread please? His name is John Bardon not Barton.

parkerman
20-04-2009, 18:50
Thank you, whoever did that. :thumbsup:

Timalay
29-05-2009, 20:41
Good news

Walford Web
Brave EastEnders star John Bardon is set for an emotional return to the show after battling back from two strokes.

John, 68, who plays Dot Branning’s husband Jim in the BBC1 soap, was forced to quit two years ago and has since fought to regain his speech and ability to walk.

He received no sick pay and was facing financial ruin. But June Brown, 82, who plays Dot and often visits John in Hitchen, Herts, said: "He’s coming back next month and I can’t wait. Dot has missed him.

"It’s been a long road and John is improving all the time. He won’t be grumpy and he will talk as much as he can."

John’s wife Enda, 60, added: "We’re hoping his return will be permanent and waiting to hear when he can go into rehearsals."

Chloe O'brien
29-05-2009, 22:48
Can't understand how he didn't recieve sick pay poor John. Glad he is back but I still have a lot of concerns for him whether he is really fit to return or is it because he needs the income.

di marco
30-05-2009, 11:58
its great to hear jims coming back :)