PDA

View Full Version : 'EastEnders' star to wed long-term love

Abigail
06-08-2008, 12:01
EastEnders star Scott Maslen has confirmed that he is to marry his long-term girlfriend.

The actor, who plays bad boy Jack Branning in the BBC soap, said he is finally ready to settle down with Estelle Rubio, 33.

The couple have been together for nine years and have son Zak, seven.

Maslen, 37, told Hello!: "We were both wary of marriage because we come from broken families.

"But finally everything seems to be coming together. We have a fantastic son, have moved into our dream home and our careers are going well. And, most importantly, after nine years we are still madly in love."

Reports surfaced in April that the couple are to marry but they were said to be keeping the news under wraps after securing a magazine deal.

JustJodi
06-08-2008, 17:03
"magazine deal"... what sort I wonder?? and did this deal pay for their dream house ?????? :searchme:

Abigail
06-08-2008, 18:27
It will either be Hello, OK or one of the other glossy celeb mags.

JustJodi
07-08-2008, 09:22
Well I just found it interesting that they got a "magazine deal" considering that Scott Malsen is not a HIGH PROFILE actor, nor is his partner..or am I wrong assuming this ?? HELLO and OK tend to go for the HIGH PROFILE celebrities and pay them big bucks like they did with Jolie and Pitt and some others,,:hmm: :searchme:

di marco
07-08-2008, 11:00
Well I just found it interesting that they got a "magazine deal" considering that Scott Malsen is not a HIGH PROFILE actor, nor is his partner..or am I wrong assuming this ?? HELLO and OK tend to go for the HIGH PROFILE celebrities and pay them big bucks like they did with Jolie and Pitt and some others,,:hmm: :searchme:

although they do really high profile stars i think they also do exclusives of stars well known in the uk, such as tv/soap stars etc

Siobhan
07-08-2008, 11:15
Maybe they are going for the cheaper version of Hello and OK, Like Howya and alright :lol::lol::lol:

di marco
07-08-2008, 13:24
Maybe they are going for the cheaper version of Hello and OK, Like Howya and alright :lol::lol::lol:

lol! :D

obviously non of the other versions of hello and ok would feature it but i think the english version would cos english people know them, i think they normally do anyway, though i could be wrong?

samantha nixon
07-08-2008, 14:06
I think it will be Hello, as that is what they are in this week talking about it, theres some nice pics lol, also Andrew Lancel's was in Hello, and Scott Maslens leaving do was also in Hello aswell

Abigail
07-08-2008, 14:06
This week's English OK had a couple in from America, Matther McConnaugty I think. He's an actor and she's a singer/songwriter, they had a boy called Levi. I've never heard of them :searchme:

BTW, it was my sister's mag that I was flicking through, I don't make a habit of reading things like that.

di marco
07-08-2008, 14:43
This week's English OK had a couple in from America, Matther McConnaugty I think. He's an actor and she's a singer/songwriter, they had a boy called Levi. I've never heard of them :searchme:

BTW, it was my sister's mag that I was flicking through, I don't make a habit of reading things like that.

i think ive vaguely heard of him. and im sure you read it all the time lol!

Siobhan
07-08-2008, 14:53

Matthew McConnaugty is an american actor.. he has been in quiet a few movies and currently does the ad for d&G

JustJodi
07-08-2008, 17:09

Matthew McConnaugty is an american actor.. he has been in quiet a few movies and currently does the ad for d&G

I believe he was in a movie with Sandra Bullock ( a movie made from one of JOHN GRISHAM's novels ) he played a southern lawyer,, http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1800261957/info hes a good lookin dude :-D He was also in a movie with Christian Bale ,Regin of Fire. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0253556/ So hes pretty well known in the states :cool:

Katy
08-08-2008, 07:43
also they covered Gareth Gates wedding last week, or was that OK.