PDA

View Full Version : Slim shot Silver

Siobhan
28-07-2008, 12:21
Has anyone tried this? I am on it now.. basically is it 3 fizzy drinks a day (given in the pack to take) one eliminates fat, other restricts fat and the last one burns fat.. to be taken morning, noon and night.. according to reviews it seems pretty good but I wondering if anyone else is trying this?

It is 2 week course and after that you keep taken them every 2 weeks until you reach your goal weight... I will keep you updated as to how I am getting on

moonstorm
28-07-2008, 13:10
Can you please tell me where you got it and how much it costs? Tks xx

Siobhan
28-07-2008, 13:28
Can you please tell me where you got it and how much it costs? Tks xx

I got it at my local chemist for €21 but you can get it in the UK for around 17 quid:

http://www.slimshot.co.uk/
gives you a list of places on this site including Tesco

Trinity
28-07-2008, 13:52
I am eating salads for lunch, going to the gym 5 times a week (treadmill at work gym - lunchtimes only) and swimming 3 times a week.

So far, (2 weeks), I have increased the jogging portion of 30 minutes on the treadmill to 10 minutes (from 4) and my swimming from 40 minutes a go to 1hour (70 length of a 25 metre pool).

I have lost half a stone, but still have 2 stones to go.

I do feel fitter though! But I am bl*&dy starving!

Siobhan
28-07-2008, 13:59
this stuff apparently is suppose to help without been a slave to the gym and restricting your intake.. it just makes you feel fuller that you reduce your portions naturally yourself. It works with your own body clock.. I have to say, I don't feel as tired in the afternoon's anymore and have more energy when I get home so I do more things instead of sitting on a couch... will see what the next 2 weeks bring

Trinity
28-07-2008, 15:15
Well - I am starving and totally obsessing about what I am going to have for dinner already :confused:

Siobhan
28-07-2008, 15:20
Well - I am starving and totally obsessing about what I am going to have for dinner already :confused:

are you using these?? you probably need more food if you are working out so much cause you are building muscle...

Trinity
28-07-2008, 17:32
Well, I have now had my healthy dinner -plus 2 glasses of wine, two packets of crisps and 3 cake bits.

Bummer.

Pinkbanana
28-07-2008, 21:36
Has anyone tried this? I am on it now.. basically is it 3 fizzy drinks a day (given in the pack to take) one eliminates fat, other restricts fat and the last one burns fat.. to be taken morning, noon and night.. according to reviews it seems pretty good but I wondering if anyone else is trying this?

It is 2 week course and after that you keep taken them every 2 weeks until you reach your goal weight... I will keep you updated as to how I am getting on

Sounds interesting, but its a short term solution really.

I am currently trying to develop a more healthy lifestyle and lose a little bit of weight by going to the gym and eating more healthy (low fat) food - hoping long term this will aid my health, as well as the obvious short term gains.

however I wish you luck, Siobhan!!! Do let us know how it goes!!! :)

Chloe O'brien
29-07-2008, 00:57
I'm trying the Scottish Slimmers diet at the moment. only been on it for a couple of days. My niece goes to Scottish Slimmers so she got me some of the recipe books, basically every food has a number of checks beisde it the lower the number of checks the healthier the food. I'm having cereal in the morning and soup and salad at lunch then a meal at night. Because salad, fruit and home made soup class as no checks I can have as much salad or veg as I like. I haven't heard of this new diet until now but I'm desparate to loose weight. We used to have a sports centre next door to the college, which the staff could use but it belonged to the University next door and they have closed as the campus is being rebuilt, which is going to take 4 years. We are having a temporary sports centre being built for the students but I'm not sure if staff will have use of it. If so I'm going to start going a couple of days during my lunchbreak.

Trinity
29-07-2008, 07:58
Having a gym on campus is great. I have worked at HWU for 9 years, but I only joined the centre for sports and exercise a couple of weeks ago! It really fits in with my routine to go to the gym at lunch-time - I am too busy to go to David Lloyd on week day evenings (and too tired!) Also it is a 25 minute drive from home to David Lloyd, and a 3 minute walk to the campus gym at lunch time.

Another great thing about University sports centres is the price. It costs less than 20% of what I pay David Lloyd!

Chloe O'brien
29-07-2008, 23:41
When we were able to use Napier University sports centre it was £50 a year for staff and £25 a year for students. So even going twice a week is still a lot cheaper than most gyms. My nieces go to the gym at the high school near where we live (Wester Hailes Education Centre) and they pay £20 a month.

di marco
02-08-2008, 13:01
When we were able to use Napier University sports centre it was £50 a year for staff and £25 a year for students. So even going twice a week is still a lot cheaper than most gyms. My nieces go to the gym at the high school near where we live (Wester Hailes Education Centre) and they pay £20 a month.

£25 a year for students?! :eek: i pay about £110 a year for the sports centre at uni! although its still a lot cheaper than other gyms

Chloe O'brien
03-08-2008, 01:42
Yeah £25 quid a year DM. They haven't put their prices up for a couple of years.

Trinity
03-08-2008, 10:48
At HWU it is £10.67 per month for staff - I am not sure about how much it is for students.

I also pay £40 per month for my boys to be members of the local authority sports centres and gyms, and another £168 for family membership at David LLoyd.

We should all be really fit! I do use the gym at work, and I am very familiar with the coffee shop at DL.. I swim there too.

Chloe O'brien
04-08-2008, 00:39
When I was a student I used to use the gym a couple of times a week. I could take a guest in with me and they had to pay £3 to use the facilities. Don't know if procedures will change with it being the college sports centre.

di marco
04-08-2008, 09:31
Yeah £25 quid a year DM. They haven't put their prices up for a couple of years.

ours seems to go up every year! :( the first year i only paid £85

When I was a student I used to use the gym a couple of times a week. I could take a guest in with me and they had to pay £3 to use the facilities. Don't know if procedures will change with it being the college sports centre.

thats the same with ours, if youre a student but not a member you have to pay £3 a time. i need to start using the gym, the only time ive been in it for the last 2yrs was for my induction lol! :rolleyes: although i dont feel ive wasted my membership cos i use the rest of the sports centre for other clubs like netball, cheerleading, trampolining etc so it still works out cheaper than paying £12 a week (i go 4 times a week) but i still think i should go to the gym too lol!

Siobhan
04-08-2008, 09:38

£25 a year for students?! :eek: i pay about £110 a year for the sports centre at uni! although its still a lot cheaper than other gyms

wow.. I never paid for our gym at uni.. totally free!!! for everyone

di marco
04-08-2008, 09:49

wow.. I never paid for our gym at uni.. totally free!!! for everyone

i think my sports centres just greedy tbh! we have to pay a yearly fee for each sports club we join cos the club has to pay the sports centre to hire out the courts so why do the sports centre then feel the need to charge us to go to that club, they must be making loads!

Bryan
04-08-2008, 10:39
might look into getting a few weeks worth of these to cut my weight down

once i get back to soton i'll renew my gym membership £32 quid for the whole year, which is brilliant.

we're also talking of going on regular runs around the common and a visit to the pool at least once a week.

i've started to eat a lot healthier, i managed to avoid chips for the whole time i was on holiday in Devon, no easy task when every place you go is a greasy chip shop practically! I don't even crave Chips anymore, or anything sweet. Give me fruit and salad any day of the week!

di marco
04-08-2008, 10:44
might look into getting a few weeks worth of these to cut my weight down

once i get back to soton i'll renew my gym membership £32 quid for the whole year, which is brilliant.

we're also talking of going on regular runs around the common and a visit to the pool at least once a week.

i've started to eat a lot healthier, i managed to avoid chips for the whole time i was on holiday in Devon, no easy task when every place you go is a greasy chip shop practically! I don't even crave Chips anymore, or anything sweet. Give me fruit and salad any day of the week!

everywhere else seems to have much cheaper gym membership! :( the only time i really have chips is when im on hols, last week i think i must have had chips almost everyday lol! although i use the excuse that im allowed cos i was on hols lol as i normally eat really healthily

Chloe O'brien
04-08-2008, 23:49
I haven't has chips or biscuits for almost two weeks. I have beenmaking homemade soup and eating veg and pasta. i've lost a couple of pounds but not much still a long way to go. We have another 3 weeks before the students come back so it will be about a month before we know if staff can us the facilities.

Dr. Tangliss
05-08-2008, 09:36
everywhere else seems to have much cheaper gym membership! :( the only time i really have chips is when im on hols, last week i think i must have had chips almost everyday lol! although i use the excuse that im allowed cos i was on hols lol as i normally eat really healthily

Nottingham Uni's gym membership is also expensive. £120 for gold membership which includes use of the pool, gym workout classes, however you still have to pay extra for club games and practices which is a sham!

di marco
05-08-2008, 11:25

Nottingham Uni's gym membership is also expensive. £120 for gold membership which includes use of the pool, gym workout classes, however you still have to pay extra for club games and practices which is a sham!

im glad my unis not the only expensive one lol! although we dont have a pool :(

Dr. Tangliss
10-08-2008, 09:14
Actually it's now gone up to £190!!!! Defo will not be getting one.

As for Slim Shot, does it work?

di marco
10-08-2008, 12:23

:eek: thats expensive! is that the only one they do? the most expensive one at my uni is gonna be £205 this year! i dont get that one though. and just found out if i get mine before beginning of september then i only have to pay £100 instead of £115 so at least its not gonna be as expensive! though cant believe i only paid £85 when i started!

Siobhan
11-08-2008, 08:54

As for Slim Shot, does it work?

I am not sure.. at first I was bursting with energy and didn't feel hunger at all but I feel all bloated now on them.. I gave myself 4 weeks (2 weeks is never enough to see results) so will let you know my final verdict when I finish the second course