PDA

View Full Version : Strictly No Dancing

Perdita
24-07-2008, 06:33
EASTENDERS stars are banned from Strictly Come Dancing — because the new series lasts too long at 16 weeks.

The BBC1 ballroom hit usually features a big name from Albert Square, the Beeb’s flagship soap.

Now EastEnders producers have put a halt to stars waltzing off to the dancing contest because it runs two weeks longer than previous series. A source at the soap told TV Biz: “We love the show. But we can’t spare anyone for that long.”

Christopher Parker, who played Spencer Moon, was runner-up on the first Strictly Come Dancing.

Jill Halfpenny, (Phil Mitchell’s wife Kate) won the second series. Patsy Palmer was in the third series, although she had left the soap. Louisa Lytton (Ruby Allen) danced on the fourth series. Former EastEnder Letitia Dean was featured last year.

Emma Barton, whose character Honey Mitchell has been axed, is in talks about dancing in the sixth series in September.

LostVoodoo
24-07-2008, 07:03
Well Jill, Letitia and Matt weren't in the show at the time anyway. and i think Lousia left EE halfway through her SCD run too.

we need an Eastender, it's become like a tradition now!

JustJodi
24-07-2008, 15:14
I would like to see another ex EE guy as one of the dancers,, maybe Shane Richie or Joe Walsh.. at least the EE folks can't say they are out of the show too long,,
I agree Jill, Louisa, Matt, and Letitia were NOT in EE when SCD was filming,, EE just needs to lighten up ..Ohhhh maybe they should bring on DEN LOL

Dutchgirl
25-07-2008, 14:58
Well Jill, Letitia and Matt weren't in the show at the time anyway. and i think Lousia left EE halfway through her SCD run too.

we need an Eastender, it's become like a tradition now!

Matt was in EE for his last episodes. He said it was a big strain because ais final scenes where very hard. And as we all know they were brilliant.