PDA

View Full Version : Coming to America: Introducing Little Britain's new crop of outrageous characters

Perdita
23-07-2008, 15:14
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1037467/Coming-America-Introducing-Little-Britains-new-crop-outrageous-characters.html

Pictures from Little Britain USA
Little Britain stars David Walliams and Matt Lucas have unveiled a host of new characters in a bid to conquer America.

The comedy duo's six-part series, Little Britain USA, will see the return of some of familiar faces, including Vicky Pollard, as well as fresh creations.

The show, which will air on HBO in September, stars muscle-clad Tom and Mark, characters described by Walliams as 'possibly the most outrageous we've ever done'.

They are a take on American jocks, who frolicked naked in the gym while boasting about their latest female conquests.

But the tanned and buff double act have, er, surprise packages in store which will no doubt shock viewers.

Lucas also frocks up to play Ellie-Grace, a misguided child beauty pageant hopeful who is spurred on by her pushy mother, played by cross-dressing Walliams.

Other characters include Conor and Mildred, an American boy from the Deep South and his grandmother, and Bing Gordyn, the eighth man on the moon.

Bing, Lucas explains, is bitter 'because all his glories are behind him and he's obsessed about the lack of recognition he gets compared to the other astronauts.

'He's my favourite new character and David plays him brilliantly.'

Friends star David Schwimmer directs some episodes, while US actress Rosie O'Donnell makes a guest appearance.

Walliams and Lucas say they took America's approach to comedy into account, but it remains to be seen if their distinct brand of humour will translate Stateside.

Lucas said last week: 'We talked about American comedy being a little cooler and Britain being a bit sadder.'

Added Walliams: 'I think we make ourselves look maybe stupid in Britain a little bit more than being cool.'

'But also we're not afraid to dress as women which is a little bit rarer in American comedy.'

Little Britain USA will air on HBO in September and later in the year on the BBC.

I can't wait :cheer:

Abigail
24-07-2008, 22:44
Can't wait for this to come to the BBC. I don't particulary find it all funny but I Love the way Matt and David can dress up in so many different way and still make the show convincing.

Abbie
24-07-2008, 23:36
Oooo Should be good :thumbsup:

Katy
25-07-2008, 07:51
i can't wait, Sebstian in the UN!!!

Abigail
25-07-2008, 07:52
The PM and Sebastian is my favourite sketch :D

Abigail
08-09-2008, 10:49
Matt Lucas and David Walliams' multi-award-winning comic creation, Little Britain, is returning to BBC One this autumn with a brand new series, Little Britain USA.

Filmed entirely in the States, the series features familiar Little Britain characters in new sketches, as well as brand-new characters, all performed by Lucas and Walliams.

Returning favourites include Dafydd Thomas, the self-proclaimed "only gay in the village"; Emily Howard, an awkward and obvious transvestite in denial; Lou and his seemingly wheelchair-bound best friend Andy; Marjorie Dawes, the insensitive leader of a chapter of the weight-loss support group Fatfighters; Vicky Pollard, a motor-mouthed teenage delinquent with a terrible attitude and Harvey, a young adult who still craves his mother's "bitty".

Among the new characters on the show are Bing Gordyn, the eighth astronaut to go to the moon; Phyllis, who is powerless to ignore suggestions from the manipulative and dangerous Mr Doggy, her King Charles spaniel; Mark and Tom, hyper-masculine gym buddies who will do anything for each other; Mildred, who shares wildly inappropriate secrets from her shocking past with her grandson Connor; Ellie-Grace, a frilly little girl with the mouth of a truck driver; and Sandra and George, who have been married for 40 "glorious" years.

The series will feature several cameo performances, including Geraldine James, Rosie O'Donnell, Paul Rudd and Sting.

More here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2008/09_september/05/littlebritain.shtml)

Bryan
08-09-2008, 11:10
brilliant! i can't wait to see some more Marjorie Dawes! She's the best thing about Little Britain :D

Chloe O'brien
09-09-2008, 23:40
Great news that they are back. Lou and Andy are my favourite.