PDA

View Full Version : Nikkin Sanderson in Heartbeat

Perdita
22-07-2008, 06:23
IT'S been three years since Nikki Sanderson left Coronation Street for greener pastures, and the 24-year-old has packed a lot in since then.
Nikki joined the soap as a teenager and spent five years playing hairdresser Candice Stowe before moving on to try new parts.

She appeared in Holby City and X Factor: Battle of the Stars before landing a role in swinging 60s drama Heartbeat.

The sultry actress plays dizzy teenage barmaid Dawn Bellamy, who is the niece of late PC Phil Bellamy.

Nikki tells New! magazine she has settled in well to the new set.

"Being the new girl is scary, but everyone has shown me a great time.

"I was scared of being left out and the youngest, thinking no one would speak to me, but it’s been quite the opposite."

Nikki says she has little in common with her character Dawn.

"Dawn is ditzy, fun and sometimes childish. She sometimes says things without thinking about them and offends people".

Nikki is dating former Corrie co-star Danny Young, who played Warren Baldwin, and says they're very happy despite living miles apart.

She confides, "When we first got together everyone said, 'It’ll only last six weeks!'

"And now it’s three and a half years later and we’re still together."

But Nikki has no immediate plans to follow in the footsteps of Corrie co-star and mum-to-be Tina O'Brien.

She says, "I’m not ruling it out for the future but I’m dedicating my life to being a successful, credible actress at the moment and putting all my energy into that."

But she is excited about the October birth of Tina's baby with Ryan Thomas.

"With a mum and dad who look like that, it’s going to be the most beautiful baby in the world!

I always liked her and I am pleased that she is doing well. :)

HoneyBee
02-09-2008, 11:39
I didn't even know Sarah Lou was pregnant!

tammyy2j
02-09-2008, 15:44
She should stick to glamour modelling/lads mag pics cause she is so wooden and cannot act. Its a shame she joined a good show like Heartbeat. :thumbsdow