PDA

View Full Version : Teeth Whitening

.:SpIcYsPy:.
21-07-2008, 18:06
Hey guys,
So some of you may know I got my braces off today :D + for a long time I had been planning on getting my teeth whitend as soon as I got them off! Now I have them off I have no idea what to do :lol:
So I been doing a bit of research and Blanx toothpaste looks good and Pearl Drops seems to be coming in second.
I was just wondering if any of you guys have tried these products out and if so what are your opinions on them? Have you guys tried any other safe ways/products of whitening teeth without making them sensitive?
Thanks! :D x

di marco
21-07-2008, 18:10
i bet youre glad youve got your braces off spicy :) didnt they clean them there? when my sis got her braces off they cleaned hers and they were really white! not used any whitening products though, sorry

21-07-2008, 19:01
i bet youre glad youve got your braces off spicy :) didnt they clean them there? when my sis got her braces off they cleaned hers and they were really white! not used any whitening products though, sorry
Well they did clean them, got the glue off with a special polishing thing and then used their special polishing thing and made it look shiny but I want them slightly more white'ish.. and it dosen't look like that just yet so I am looking into whitening toothpaste :) & yeah I am sooo glad! x

Abbie
21-07-2008, 21:55
hehe, this sounds so like me when I got mine off.
I was like yeah I really want to get my teeth really white now, but I havent been using good whitening toothpaste, and would also like to know of some good products :hmm: :p

22-07-2008, 12:03
hehe, this sounds so like me when I got mine off.
I was like yeah I really want to get my teeth really white now, but I havent been using good whitening toothpaste, and would also like to know of some good products :hmm: :p
I found out that Blanx claimed your teeth will be whiter within 30 days.. and Pearl Drops claim 3 shades whiter in 2 weeks.. So I fugred Blanx is probably less harmful to the gums right..
Both products come with a colour chart sort of thing which is helpful too.
I think I will get Blanx Classic and maybe even Pearl Drops Instant White..
I am going to see my ortho. tomorrow and I'm going to see if he can recommend anything for me :) x

Siobhan
22-07-2008, 12:23
colgate whitening toothpaste is really good... I have used the Brilliant Tooth whitening kit and it works over 30 days.. that was really really good.. it comes with a gel and toothpaste that you use everyday..

here is link about the product: http://www.nailz2go.org.uk/brilliant-tooth-whitening-kit.html

Abbie
22-07-2008, 12:35
Oooo my mum has just bought the collgate Whitening toothpaste :p

22-07-2008, 23:30
Thanks Siobhan! & Abbie, let me know how you get on please :) x

Siobhan
23-07-2008, 09:20
Thanks Siobhan! & Abbie, let me know how you get on please :) x

spicy.. I have used both the colgate and the brilliant whitening kit.. the brilliant kit is great.. gives you a chart and it does really bring up your teeth, I switched to colgate to keep my teeth white after using the kit.... (kit are a bit expensive to buy all the time)

23-07-2008, 11:47
Thanks Siobhan! I will try that after I try my new Pearl Drops Daily Shine Tooth'polish' which I bought today! :) - Dosen't come with the shade chart btw.
I also got some Dental floss and Retainer Brite thing. I asked my dentist about what brush he recommend and he said the ones that are rechargable are the best and the ones with batteries are rubbish. He recommended Phillips Sonic Care (£50 - no way man!) so I ended up getting the Oral B £15 one which is also recharagable..
I came home and looked at the plug and it was a wierd one so I need to find the converter now *sigh* maybe that's why it was £15!

Perdita
23-07-2008, 11:59
Thanks Siobhan! I will try that after I try my new Pearl Drops Daily Shine Tooth'polish' which I bought today! :) - Dosen't come with the shade chart btw.
I also got some Dental floss and Retainer Brite thing. I asked my dentist about what brush he recommend and he said the ones that are rechargable are the best and the ones with batteries are rubbish. He recommended Phillips Sonic Care (£50 - no way man!) so I ended up getting the Oral B £15 one which is also recharagable..
I came home and looked at the plug and it was a wierd one so I need to find the converter now *sigh* maybe that's why it was £15!

I have been able to get the Sonic one for very little money on eBay, have a look. They are worth it, my teeth and gums have improved dramatically over the past few years since I have been using it, mine is the Braun Oral B Sonic.

23-07-2008, 16:27
I have been able to get the Sonic one for very little money on eBay, have a look.
Sometimes they have a 50% of sale in Superdrug/Boots so I will check it out but I have already bought like 5 heads which should last me a year and a half if you include the one on the brush too but yeah we will see how it goes! Thanks again! :)

spicy.. I have used both the colgate
By the way Siobhan, what's the specific name for the Colgate toothpaste as they have quite alot as I saw in Tesco :confused: Thanks!

Siobhan
23-07-2008, 16:32
sorry Spicy, went on the site but couldn't find it.. I got it in Germany.. I know it was total or ice white.. .it was a blue box with whitening

Edit to update: it is not actually available here or UK.. it is called Colgate Sensation white:
http://www.colgate.de/app/PDP/ColgateSensationWhite/DE/HomePage.cvsp

checked in UK and it is not listed

Perdita
23-07-2008, 17:41
Was it called Colgate Sensation White? I have seen that in the shops over here.

Abigail
24-07-2008, 22:41

It goes in the shaver socket in the bathroom, if you have one.

26-07-2008, 00:19

Nope haven't got one, I only see them in hotels! :lol:
It's run out battery, only used it 3 times for like 2/3 minutes.. Back to the manual until I find the converter! :rolleyes:

Abigail
26-07-2008, 14:55
There are some shaver socket adapters on ebay (http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/_W0QQ_nkwZshaverQ20socketQ20adapterQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fr omZR40QQ_mdoZ)

30-07-2008, 19:38
Mum ended getting me one from Sainsburuy's.. woop woop :p x

di marco
02-08-2008, 13:05

same! i didnt realise people had them in their houses lol!

Abigail
02-08-2008, 13:58

same! i didnt realise people had them in their houses lol!

I have one in my bathroom.