PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy Series 5 Spoilers

tammyy2j
18-07-2008, 14:55
Grey's Anatomy character Denny Duquette, played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan, will return to the show during the upcoming fifth season.

Duquette, who died after getting engaged to Izzie (Katherine Heigl) in the second season, was last seen in the third run when he returned as a vision seen by Meredith (Ellen Pompeo).

ABC, which will return Grey's on September 25, confirmed that Dean Morgan was back but gave no further details.

Luna
18-07-2008, 16:39
apparently izzie will devleop a brain tumour (just like like the one merideth and mcdreamy have been researching) and she will start to see denny around the hospital believing he has come back from the dead

this is what ive heard

Luna
11-08-2008, 14:30
07/12 - There will be a slight time lapse between the finale and the premiere. We're talking more than a few days and less than a month. There's a rumor going around that Callie will start off the season with a little McSteamy in the oven, but a reliable Grey's insider insists it's "not true."

07/12 - Rose is no shrinking violet when it comes to getting McDumped by McDreamy. Given the cozy, candle-burning climax of Grey's Anatomy's season finale, it's no big surprise that Lauren Stamile's run as Derek's squeeze may be nearing its end. But the typically oh-so-nice nurse won't be scrubbed out quietly. Sources tell that when Rose is excised from the superstar surgeon's love life, though she plays it cool with Mer, she is far from Zen about the whole thing with the boyfriend. "I'd count on at least one emotional outburst," previews a setsider. "Rose is not her usual composed self with Derek." What's more, although as recently as this afternoon the talk was that Stamile would only appear in the two-hour season opener, there are now rumblings that Rose may remain a thorn in the supercouple's side just a tiny bit longer.

07/20 - Fan favorite Denny Duquette, played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan, is returning to ABC's medical drama.

Chloe O'brien
12-08-2008, 00:24
Is this the new series we will be seeing on LivingTV? or are we a year behind the States. The series that is currently on CH5 is the one where Preston stands Yang up at the alter at the end of the series, which will be in about 4 weeks time.

Luna
16-08-2008, 08:40
Is this the new series we will be seeing on LivingTV? or are we a year behind the States. The series that is currently on CH5 is the one where Preston stands Yang up at the alter at the end of the series, which will be in about 4 weeks time.

yeah we're a year behind the states wish they would just bring it in line i dont understand why we are always behind

Luna
16-08-2008, 08:41
08/13 - Chief Webber is going to be whipping the staff into shape when the hospital starts to slip in the national rankings as one of the best teaching hospitals in the country.

08/13 - An upcoming episode will find some of our favorite residents wandering over to Seattle Grace's never-before-seen dermatology department -- and they will not be happy with what they find. Namely, the kind of posh work environment more consistent with a five-star spa than a hospital.

angelblue
16-08-2008, 18:23
Hey i have been watching Grey`s on Fiver and Burke has not left yet but what happens to Christina after he leaves does he come bck.:hmm:

Luna
16-08-2008, 19:23
Hey i have been watching Grey`s on Fiver and Burke has not left yet but what happens to Christina after he leaves does he come bck.:hmm:

nope and if you google is real name youll see the reason why he isnt coming back and why he "left"

Luna
25-08-2008, 08:08
08/24 - "Do you want to move in?" [Meredith] asks. Of course [Derek] does, but after four seasons of she-loves-me, she-loves-me-not, Derek replies the only way he can: "Are you sure?" [...] "The first three episodes start the dynamic of where we are all going," reports Patrick Dempsey. "Meredith is trusting him and moving forward cautiously, and Derek is waiting there, saying, 'I'm here to support you.'" [... Kevin McKidd] who starred in last season's time-travel drama Journeyman [...] will be hanging around Seattle for at least 22 episodes. He plays a new character, brash Army surgeon Owen Hunt, who arrives at the emergency room after an auto accident. On the way to the hospital, he saves the other crash victims in the back of the ambulance. Derek, who is unaware of Hunt's heroism, gets up in his business when the rugged redhead interferes with one of his patients. "Who the hell are you?" he barks, later calling the soldier on leave from Iraq "Uncle Sam." [...] It's clear McKidd hasn't been brought aboard just to be McDreamy's worst nightmare. Love, or at least some steamy sex, seems to be in the air for Cristina Yang, who spent most of last season being depressed and mean while she got over Burke. In the first episode, Cristina most certainly gets her flirt on, giving Hunt's leg wound some extra-special attention. "He and Cristina definitely have a moment, which plays out not as we'd all expect," [Shonda] Rhimes says. "But, then, things never do." [...] Izzie's got a love story -- and it's a big one. [...] George and Lexie's love story is going to take an incredibly unexpected turn. See, Lexie loves George. She loves him. And George, so focused on finally getting another shot at being a resident, doesn't even see that she loves him. It happened while he was looking the other way. [...] Callie and Erica have a love story of their own. And, yes, it includes Mark. [... Mark is] finally going to get [a love interest.]

Luna
25-08-2008, 08:08
08/24 - Many of the medical stories this season involve couples whose relationships could shed light on Meredith and Derek's situation. In one case, when a wife throws a remote control at her man, the resulting examination of his skull reveals a tumor.

lizann
03-09-2008, 17:15
Question: I just saw the new promo for Grey's Anatomy in which Rose says she is carrying Derek's baby. WTF? -- Courtney
Ausiello: WTF is right. That little promo caused quote the little firestorm over at ABC yesterday. Not only did it incur the wrath of millions of Rose-weary Mer-Der fans, but it essentially branded one of the network's most valuable assets (i.e. Shonda Rhimes) a big ol' liar. You see, in her ABC podcast that followed the show's finale last May, Rhimes assured fans that Grey's would not be employing any soap operatic stunts to pull Derek and Meredith apart this season -- and she specifically ruled out knocking up Rose. But someone apparently forgot to pass that bit of information on to the folks cutting together that incendiary clip. As a result, Rhimes has been forced to do the unthinkable: Issue an exclusive statement to me that basically denies the very plot twist that ABC shamelessly tried to dangle before us. "I would not deceive our fans," Rhimes tells me, "especially those loyal enough to listen to our podcast." Long story short: The only thing Rose will be carrying in the season premiere is a third wheel.

Luna
03-09-2008, 19:08
rose???? is that the nurse?

Luna
10-09-2008, 22:37
09/09 - Meredith and Derek learn that "happily ever after" isn't easy, a military doctor who brings in a trauma patient catches Cristina's eye, and the Chief and his staff reel at the news that Seattle Grace is no longer nationally ranked as a top-tier teaching hospital. Guest starring Kevin McKidd as Owen, Mariette Hartley as Betty, Lauren Stamile as Rose, Cliff DeYoung as Phil, John Getz as Michael, with Bernadette Peters as Sarabeth and Kathy Baker as Anna.

tammyy2j
11-09-2008, 12:03
Scottish actor Kevin McKidd is joining as a Owen a new love interest for Cristina welcome McScotty

lizann
17-09-2008, 11:51
Sources confirm to me exclusively that L Word alum Janina Gavankar is joining the cast of Grey's Anatomy as an intern. Meanwhile, relative newcomer Brandon Scott (Cold Case) is also checking into Seattle Grace as a junior McDreamy.

According to my Grey's mole, producers are taking a wait-and-see approach with respect to the size of both roles. As a result, Gavankar and Scott will start off as recurring players. "Nothing's been decided yet," whispers the insider.

News of the new hires comes amidst buzz that Grey's will likely upgrade Kevin McKidd to a full-time series regular before the season is out. As I mentioned in this week's Ask Ausiello, the ex-Journeyman, who debuts in the Sept. 25 season premiere as a former Iraq doc with eyes for Cristina, is winning everyone over on the Grey's set.

Luna
18-09-2008, 12:26
09/17 - [Kevin] McKidd is dashingly heroic: After getting injured in a car wreck during an ice storm, he performs a tracheotomy with a pen in an ambulance. (Yang finds this mighty impressive.) "Owen is a maverick," McKidd says. "He doesn't care about what people think or about being liked."

Luna
23-09-2008, 21:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfen9k1ix24&feature=related

Chloe O'brien
24-09-2008, 12:09
NO WAY...................................:eek:

Luna
24-09-2008, 15:26
NO WAY...................................:eek:

Try taking a drink and watching that!!!

tammyy2j
25-09-2008, 13:49
Mary McDonnell of “Battlestar Galactica” is in final talks to appear in a multi-episode arc on “Grey’s Anatomy” this season, a representative for the medical drama confirmed

tammyy2j
04-11-2008, 13:23
Erica Hahn is leaving

Melissa George from Alias and Home and Away is joining as a bisexual intern

CrazyLea
04-11-2008, 15:30
I'm glad Hahn is leaving. She annoys me.

I like Melissa George. Well did in Home and Away.. and when she appeared in Charmed.

lizann
06-11-2008, 14:47
Callie is also rumoured to be leaving

Melissa George's character is now a love interest for McSteamy and not bi

lizann
12-11-2008, 17:21
The revolving door to Seattle Grace Hospital’s ER sent Brooke Smith on her way last week, but this week the Grey’s Anatomy cast has happier news to announce: Kevin McKidd is joining the show as a series regular, ABC reveals to PEOPLE exclusively.

The Scottish actor, 35, who starred in Made of Honor with Patrick Dempsey earlier this year, is thrilled to have the new gig after his starring role on NBC’s Journeyman came to an end after 13 episodes this year. “It’s a great show, and I’m lucky to be on it,” he tells PEOPLE. His character, Dr. Owen Hunt, is a veteran from the war in Iraq and a love interest for Dr. Cristina Yang.

McKidd, who lives in Los Angeles with his wife, Jane, and children Joseph, 8, and Iona, 6, says he is happy to be working with Dempsey again, though their previous screen pairing was mere coincidence. “I got a knock on my door [from Patrick],” he says of his first day on set. “I said, ‘did you have anything to do with this?’ He said, ‘no, they don’t tell us anything.”

lizann
04-12-2008, 12:46
Grey's Anatomy will have a new patient this winter — and he won't be an easy one to treat. Eric Stoltz will be rolled in to Seattle Grace's halls as a serial killer in need of serious medical attention, TVGuide.com has confirmed.

Stoltz, who has also directed several episodes of the series, has had nothing but praise for the series in recent months. Describing his experience, he previously told TVGuide.com, "It's the difference between driving a bus and riding a bike — and on that bus are 17 unbelievably talented people." He added, "[Grey's] is an embarrassment of riches. It's quite mad, in a delightful way."

As a patient, Stoltz will not only be adding to the madness, but also presenting the docs with ethical questions, says EW's Ausiello, who first reported the casting.

tammyy2j
10-12-2008, 11:12
The revolving door at Grey's Anatomy has taken another shocking spin.

Multiple sources confirm that T.R. Knight has asked to be released from his contract, a request that both ABC and Grey's show-runner Shonda Rhimes appear poised to grant. "They're working out the details now," whispers an ABC insider. (A network rep was unavailable for comment.)

There's no word on when Knight would make his final appearance, but, contrary to a report on the gossip blog crazydaysandnights.com, he has not walked off the show. "He's still working," maintains my Grey's mole.

Rumors of Knight's unhappiness at Grey's date back to the early days of Isaiahgate. Per an insider, the actor was disappointed that it took Rhimes so long to publicly condemn Washington's use of the F-word, even as his co-stars (Katherine Heigl, Patrick Dempsey, etc.) rallied to his defense. (The incident led Knight to come out as a gay man.) The boss lady eventually released a statement denouncing Washington's behavior, but word is, it was too little, too late. Nonetheless, my Grey's source insists Knight does not want out of his contract for that reason, adding, "He just feels it's time to move on."

A spokesperson for Knight declined to comment for this story.

Knight's probable exit comes at a time when his character, George, has been given little to do, save for express concern over Izzie's mental state. There's no word if he'll be given a big on-screen send-off or be banished to Seattle Grace's parking garage with fellow gay Dr. Hahn.

Jojo
12-12-2008, 22:29
George leaving?? No!!! :( :(

lizann
07-01-2009, 16:26
Jessica Capshaw is joining Grey's Anatomy for a three-episode arc as pediatrician Dr. Arizona Robbins, who comes to Seattle Grace to help Bailey on a case. She's also going to share at least one smooch with Callie Torres.

CrazyLea
10-01-2009, 01:09
Omg!!! Just saw preview of Grey's S5 on Living (well video tape :p but last night, Living :p). and OH MY GOSH!!!

Christina getting stabbed with an icicle??? Callie on the floor bleeding???? Meredith shouting "Noooooooo", to what looks like a collegue!!!!? Is anyone leaving? I know Erica is, but don't think Meredith would be like that with her :p. George won't be leaving for ages?????

Also what is going on with Izzie and Alex/George and Lexi????
I missed an ep of S4 or 2... wtf happened to George and Izzie?? Will they get back together :crying:.

arjaco1
11-01-2009, 00:27
OMG i saw that adveert too

Was it shepard that meredith was screaming at, it lookied like it! i thought it was Bailey on the floor, may be wrong though!

OMG OMG major exciting

CrazyLea
11-01-2009, 00:51
SeeI thought it looked like Alex that she was shouting for.. btu then why would she be shouting for Alex? She not that close to him!!!
And I thought it was Callie on the flloor :lol:.

AHHHHHH can't wait!!!!

Trinity
11-01-2009, 08:11
09/25/2008 - "Dream a Little Dream of Me"Season 5, Episode 501

Seattle Grace is dealt a serious blow when it falls to a twelfth ranking among teaching hospitals. Richard takes the ranking personally and has no time for Erica when she asks for tips to improve her teaching skills.

Now that Meredith and Derek are back together, she keeps dreaming that he's dead. She decides to ask to move in with her and he accepts. His ex, Rose, is now hostile towards him, even in the OR. Derek asks her to transfer to another department but she insists on staying put.

It's snowing, but now that Seattle Grace's ranking has slipped, ambulances are taking accident victims to other hospitals. The residents are just about to give up on patient arrivals when a battered limo drives up: Three women on their way to a formal event have gotten into an accident which seriously wounded their driver. One of the women, Betty, appears to have a concussion since she keeps asking where she is. Sarah Beth and Anna are not seriously hurt, but are concerned about their husbands.

Miranda hears that a limo with three men -- the women's husbands -- is on its way to another hospital, so she informs the women they can ask for the men to be taken to Seattle Grace instead. When the men arrive, they're accompanied by Major Hunt, a military doctor who performed triage on the scene -- including using a pen for a tracheotomy. Hunt is hurt himself, but insists on checking on "his" patients. Cristina is impressed when he suggests a radical freezing technique to save Philip, who will be paralyzed otherwise. She's even more impressed when Hunt staples shut his own wound without any local anesthesia.

Sarah Beth doesn't know what to do when she's told that her husband's insurance expires at midnight and that all his credit cards have been canceled. Anna confesses to Meredith that she's been having an affair with Sarah Beth's husband.

Alex insists he's fineand Izzie tells him she still expects to see Denny around the corner, so it's okay if he needs some time to get over Ava. He regrets having broken down in front of her, however, and orders her to leave him alone.

Lexie scolds Sloan for being mean to George and the surgeon correctly guesses that she has a crush on George. He says he'll stop being cruel to George if she'll confess how she feels, but she refuses. George misunderstands the situation and thinks that Lexie is sleeping with Sloan.

Meredith has been talking Cristina's ear off about her anxieties over having Derek move in and finally Cristina snaps and yells at her to shut up, saying that the whole thing is a terrible idea. Cristina slips on some ice outside and before Meredith can help her up, a sharp icicle falls, stabbing Cristina in the chest.

09/25/2008 - "Dream a Little Dream of Me Pt. 2"Season 5, Episode 502

Major Hunt comes to the rescue, carrying the injured Cristina inside. He instructs her not to remove the icicle until they've determined the extent of the damage and Richard agrees. Hunt is also on hand to read her X-ray and determine that it's finally safe to remove the icicle. He tells Cristina she'd make an excellent field doctor and advises her that although she lost a patient today, she won't make the same mistake again, which means she'll save the next person's life.

Because of the "woman cheating with her best friend's husband" patient situation, Meredith rethinks having Derek move in. He's not surprised and says he's willing to take baby steps with her. Rose accidentally hands Derek the wrong end of a scalpel during surgery, cutting his hand. She transfers to another department, rather than be the "Fatal Attraction" nurse.

Anna tells Meredith that Sarah Beth doesn't know that eight months ago her husband lost his job and that's when the affair began. Meredith advises Anna, as Sarah Beth's best friend, to tell her the truth, no matter how ugly it is.

Callie does some research and thinks they can pull off the freezing procedure Hunt mentioned. Derek is convinced it's more likely to kill the patient and tells Richard he's only given it the green light because he's desperate to boost the hospital's status.

The freezing process is going well but then Callie realizes that the patient's body temperature is too low. She panics and doesn't know what to do, but Erica tells her to stay calm and together they manage to save the patient. The procedure is a success and the man's mobility is restored.

Michael will never talk again, so he writes a letter to Sarah Beth that Lexie reads for him. He swears he still loves her and begs for forgiveness. Sarah Beth tells Alex she doesn't care if they operate on Michael before the midnight deadline or not. She asks him why men cheat and he answers maybe it's because they can't stand to be seen as weak. It's long after midnight before Miranda is available to operate on Michael, but she insists that Alex turn the clock back so the official time is a few minutes before the deadline.

Pre-surgery, Betty's memory kept resetting every 30 seconds and after she wakes, Izzie watches the clock to see how she does. Her friends are devastated when she keeps asking the same questions over and over, meaning her brain damage is permanent. Sobered by the losses of the day, Sarah Beth decides to forgive both her husband and best friend

Callie and Erica had been avoiding each other ever since their hookup, but now they decide to give their relationship a go, even though neither has ever been with another woman before.

Richard offers Hunt a job at the hospital, but he turns him down as he's due back on the front. Before he leaves, Hunt seizes the moment and kisses Cristina.

Meredith tells Cristina that she needs her to support her relationship with Derek because if she doesn't, then it really is doomed. Cristina assures her that she's still "her person" and that she thinks she and Derek will work.

Lexie tries to tell George how she feels, but when he says he considers her his best friend, and about sleeping with Meredith when he loved her and she didn't love him, Lexie holds her tongue.

When Izzie sees Alex with a half-naked woman at the house, she retreats into a fantasy in which she's reunited with Denny.

Richard informs the staff that they've all been resting on their laurels and that from now on, they're all going to have to try a lot harder.

10/09/2008 - "Here Comes the Flood"Season 5, Episode 503

Meredith is so happy now that Derek's moved in that she quits therapy. Alex and Izzie try to persuade Meredith to let them stay, even though Derek expects them both to move out. "Remember the muffins!" Izzie says, reminding Meredith of her baking skills.

The staff is sobered when Richard announces a new set of rules for Seattle Grace: Residents are no longer allowed to specialize, playing favorites with interns is strongly discouraged, as is getting emotionally invested in patients.

George is all set to finally retake his intern exam, but a burst pipe makes that impossible. He puts his exam on hold to help the chief deal with the crisis of moving patients to the clinic. "I'm your intern for one more day, at least," he says.

The flooding gets worse and the ceiling collapses in one ER. Miranda had warned Richard to evacaute and he finally agrees, telling her, "Try not to gloat too much."

Looking for distraction from her possibly fatal cancer, a patient quizzes Meredith about her boyfriend. "Dude, you failed to mention the hair," she tells Meredith after laying eyes on Derek." "It's one of the things that make me happy," Meredith smiles.

Thanks to her photographic memory, Lexie thinks she knows why a patient's had a seven-year headache, but Cristina doesn't want to hear it, so Lexie turns to Mark. He offers to let her scrub in since she made the diagnosis, but when she passes up the chance to help George study, Mark tells her she's "pathetic."

Izzie's found a great new apartment, but her attempts to line up a roommate fizzle when both Alex and Cristina turn down the chance to share it. Meredith tells Derek that she wants Izzie and Alex to stay, "They're my family," she insists.

Trinity
11-01-2009, 08:13
10/16/2008 - "Brave New World"Season 5, Episode 504

Richard reminds the residents that they can no longer specialize. Cristina is upset about being assigned to the clinic, but shares her best cardio tips with Meredith, including how to perform a complicated procedure she's never done before. Erica lets Meredith do the procedure but advises her, "If you lie to me again, the next heart you'll see will be your own as I cut it out of your chest with a steak knife!"

Callie is nervous about her first date with Erica, and confides her nerves to Miranda, who suggests she regard it as a trip to a foreign country. At dinner, Erica promises Callie there's "lots of undiscovered territory above the belt."

Izzie is mad at Alex for stealing a case that she diagnosed, but Mark tells her, "Surgery is like the Wild West. Karev's a cowboy, you're not," and that she's out of luck. Derek won't help either, so Izzie goes back to her patient and tells him that Alex has been "off his game." The ploy works: the patient asks for her to be reassigned to his case. When Alex protests, she tells him she's done "wiping up your snot and covering your ass." Derek reminds them both that he's not their roommate when they're at work. "You two ever pull that crap again on one of my cases, I will have you thrown out of the program," he warns.

A patient with a rash brings Cristina to the dermatology department. When she sees the special privileges that the department gets, including massages, she can't believe it's the same hospital. Meredith, Izzie and George all marvel at how relaxed and civil the department is, with no fighting over surgeries. At the end of the day, however, they admit how bored they'd be without life and death cases.

George passes his intern exam -- and Lexie is anxious to celebrate but is crushed when he goes to tell Izzie and Meredith first. At Joes, instead of sitting at George's table, Lexie drinks at the bar by herself.

Derek starts clearing out the home office that used to belong to Meredith's mother and comes across an old diary of hers. Meredith is not happy that he's been "snooping" and Derek offers to move out. After thinking it over, Meredith insists he should stay. "I may not always be so graceful about it, but I want you here." Meredith takes the diary and reads it aloud with Cristina.

Alex finally apologizes to Izzie for how he's treated her since his breakup with Ava. "I know I'm being an ass. But you can't be pissed off at a chick for losing her mind, so there's nobody else to be pissed at but you," and all her resentment seems to melt away.

Miranda pulls all the surgical residents and interns for a "domino surgery," -- 12 kidney transplants in six O.R.s at the same time. "This whole surgery is a giant house of cards. If we lose one donor, we lose them all," Miranda advises the team.

Complications arise with one young man whose estranged father is paying him $10,000 to donate his kidney. Izzie complains to Miranda, but they all agree to turn a blind eye so that the surgery -- which is making national news -- can go on.

The surgeries are canceled when a female donor learns that her husband's donor is also his lover of three years and decides not to donate her kidney. Miranda reminds her that five other peoples' lives are on the line as well and
the woman agrees to go ahead with the surgery.

A medical journal features Meredith and Derek's clinical trial -- but it's Derek's face that's on the cover for "The Shephard Method." She's bitter that Derek didn't give her credit and says, "You can't call it the Shephard-Grey Method because then people would think you had help!" Derek replies that as a second-year resident, she doesn't "deserve" the credit. Derek tells Miranda that Meredith is being "silly", but Miranda scolds him, "That girl worked her ass off for you and you got all the credit," and advises him that "thank you" goes a long way with "'silly, emotional' women." Derek gives Meredith a prized gift, a kidney in a jar, and tells her, "I couldn't have done it without you." Meredith forgives him but has not forgiven herself for not being as good a surgeon as her mother was at her age.

Erica and Callie finally have sex, but the next day Callie confides to Mark, " It was not good at all. I choked." Callie is shocked to hear that Erica considered the evening "fun" and that she wants to see her again tonight. Callie tells Erica that she might not be into the whole "girl touching" thing but then realizes that's not her problem.

"I like to be good at things," she explains to Mark, and asks him to show her what to do. "I'll show you the Sloan Method," Mark smiles. The next time she sees Erica, a newly emboldened Callie orders, "Take off your pants."

Alex and Izzie take sides over who's to blame for the rotten father-son relationship among the kidney patients. Izzie is clearly talking about Alex when she tells the father, "Some people are just broken. All you can do is try not to care too much so you won't be disappointed." The father crashes after the transplant and Alex, who had been taking the son's side, yells at him to make amends with his father before it's too late.

That night, Izzie confronts Alex. "It is not too late for us," she tells him, saying, "I care about you," over and over until he finally kisses her.

The residents each have to give up one intern to George. They squabble over who to keep and Miranda reminds them they weren't exactly the cream of the crop either. She calls Alex "lazy," Izzie "whiny," Meredith "depressing," and Cristina "annoying."

George's new residents give him no respect and Lexie is hurt that he didn't even ask for her. "You are a jerk. Screw you, Dr. O'Malley," she says in disgust.

Just as Cristina announces to Joe, "There are no real men left in the world," she overhears Owen, the military doctor, telling the bartender that he's, "Starting work tomorrow."

10/30/2008 - "Life During Wartime"Season 5, Episode 506

Dr. Owen Hunt, the military field surgeon, is back at Seattle Grace, where he's been named chief of trauma. He leads a "skills lab" to help surgical interns and residents learn how to deal with trauma cases. He draws back a curtain to reveal several anesthetized pigs -- each of whom he then stabs! "Go ahead, save their lives," he tells the shocked group. "You're a monster," Izzie says and marches out.

Izzie won't work on the pigs, but she has to work with Hunt, who spends all day informing her of the many medical advances based on animal experimentation. She angrily tells him, "You are torturing animals in an age where we have the technology that no longer requires us to. You want to do that, go ahead, but don't tell me I'm less of a doctor for walking away."

Richard encourages Miranda to do another headline-grabbing surgery, this one on a little girl with an inoperable tumor. Meredith finds her old "Anatomy Jane" doll, which comes in handy in showing the 10-year-old girl where her tumor is, and for the surgeons, when figuring out how to remove all of the girls' affected organs at once -- and still keep her alive.

The mother insists on having Erica in on the surgery, but she points out that three other hospitals have turned down the case as too risky and calls it "a huge waste of resources." She finally agrees but maintains a negative attitude.

The surgery is a success and when Richard praises the team, Miranda chews out Erica for taking any credit: "You may be a fine surgeon, but today you were a pain in the ass. You made it as hard as humanly possible. We did a great job today, but that is thanks to me."

Cristina, who's been trying to avoid Owen because he kissed her, is insulted when he can't remember her name, and when he criticizes her pig-saving technique as not being "quick and dirty" enough. When a real trauma rolls in, Cristina is stuck with saving all four pigs. She discourages her interns from nicknaming the pigs. "They're not pets, they're subjects," she reminds them. But she gets emotionally involved when "Wilbur" crashes and she has to operate to save his life. When she runs through how she saved each pig to Owen, she refers to them by the names the interns gave them. Owen tells her "Good job," and then tells her to "terminate them." "If you want them dead, you're going to have to do it yourself," she tells Owen, but Lexie, who also bonded with the pigs, urges Cristina to end the animals' suffering as they'd all be facing painful recoveries.

Owen admits he remembers Cristina, but that was "before" his entire unit was wiped out and he's now living in the "after."

Derek and Mark show up to help with two accident victims but Owen tells them they're not needed. "My residents aren't going to learn anything if they stand back and watch attendings do it. Unless that attending is me."

"Rambo's completely out of control," Derek complains to Richard, who tells him he's got more important things to worry about.

Alex admits that usually he'd page Derek to deal with a lacerated scalp, but Owen advises him to do it himself. When Derek inherits the patient, Alex has to explain why he used skin glue on the patient's wound: "Owen says that 'the ER is like a war zone."' "What qualifies us as a war zone?" Mark wants to know. "Our undermanned gift shop?"

Mark and Derek take issue with Owen for nearly maiming the guy with the skin laceration. Owen doesn't apologize, but asks them to teach him any medical procedures he might not know.

Izzie is upset that Alex asks her, after a week of sleeping together, if she minds if he sleeps with other women. She tells him he's an "ass," but finally realizes that this is his way of asking her to be monogamous, and she happily accepts.

After an amazing session of sex with Callie, Erica exclaims that she's "So gay!" which sends Callie running off to Mark to have "plain old, missionary, boy-girl" sex. When she has trouble figuring out why there isn't more of a difference between sex with him and Erica, Mark tells her that the difference is that he knows she's sleeping with Erica, but Erica doesn't know Callie is also sleeping with him. Callie confesses the cheating to Erica, explaining she might never be "women-only" and Erica says, "Okay."

Trinity
11-01-2009, 08:16
11/06/2008 - "Rise Up"Season 5, Episode 507

Izzie and Meredith are assigned to assist Erica with a heart patient and Izzie is distraught when she realizes who the man is. "That's the heart I stole for Denny," she tells Meredith. The fact that the patient is in Denny's old room makes it even worse. "That's a lot of Denny," Meredith admits, but she isn't seeing him walking the hallways, like Izzie is. Izzie's duty during an experimental procedure -- during which the patient will be awake -- is to talk the man through the excruciating pain he's experiencing. Erica selected her because of her ability to bond with patients, but Izzie is seeing Denny in the O.R. and can't breathe. "I'm so sorry," she says and runs out.

Meredith reveals that Izzie's connection to Denny Duquette, a name Erica knows all too well as she was the surgeon who performed the surgery.

Derek is annoyed with Cristina for her late-night chats with Meredith, which rob him of sleep, so he has a favor to ask of Mark. "I need you do have sex with Cristina Yang. Distract her." Mark declares her "unfun" and "not my type," but Derek reminds him. "You slept with my wife," and Mark sighs and says, "Yeah, I'll give it a shot." Mark tries his best, but Cristina laughs when she realizes he's been unsuccessfully flirting with her all day.

The residents are abuzz when they learn that the winner of the skills lab will be awarded a solo surgery. George gets stuck with "Stan," a robotic patient who can talk about his symptoms, much to his frustration as the robot says things like, "I can't believe you passed your intern exam!" George is finally triumphant in saving Stan's life but not sure how to feel when he realizes he's been verbally abused by Richard, who's been providing Stan's voice, all day.

Lexie is upset to find other interns practicing insert IVs on each other, but when she realizes that the unclaimed cadavers in the morgue are often donated for students to learn on, she seizes the opportunity. "Bow to me, for I am the queen of the interns," she tells her jealous colleagues. "I have assembled an army of the dead to teach us." But Alex and Cristina overhear and insist on taking the cadavers for their own.

Richard wants Owen's input on who should be awarded the solo surgery. "You don't have any history, any relationship with anyone. That perspective is rare," he says. Owen asks Callie for her input and after she rattles off her complicated personal history with all the residents, he tells her he wanted to know about their medical skills.

Owen tells Richard he finds the residents, "Undisciplined and inarticulate. I'm not sure I want to stay."

When Miranda finds a room full of corpses that have been opened up, Lexie tries to explain that they were unclaimed and an outraged Miranda insists, "We claim them. We owe them respect."

Cristina is convinced that Owen hates her, especially after he chews her out for trading procedures with Alex on a badly beaten homeless man. Owen orders them to step away from the patient. "You have no decency, no respect!" he shouts. He tells Cristina that if she's practicing medicine just to win competitions, she has no place being here. In response, she tells him why she became a doctor: when she was nine years old she sat with her dying father after a car accident and felt his heart stop. "This is why I'm' here," she says.

Earlier, Owen had overheard Derek telling Mark that Cristina was a "single malt scotch," but a frustrated Mark pronounced her a "bad wine." After Cristina leaves, an impressed Owen murmurs, "Single malt scotch."

Erica is enraged to find out the part Izzie played in Denny's acquiring the heart intended for her patient and storms into Richard's office. "My patient lost a heart over this. It is damn well going to be investigated." Richard tells her not to stir up the past, so instead, she orders a guilt-ridden Izzie to sit with the patient through another difficult procedure and face up to her responsibility for his situation. Izzie commits to talking him through the pain this time, under Denny's approving eye. After the procedure is a success, she looks up and Denny is no longer there.

Erica tells Callie she intends to report Izzie to a medical review board and is shocked when Callie sides with Izzie and Richard. "There is no gray area here," Erica insists. "You can't kind of side with Izzie Stevens. And you can't kind of be a lesbian. I don't know you at all," she says, and walks away.

11/13/2008 - "These Ties That Bind"Season 5, Episode 508

Cristina surprises Meredith and Derek in bed to announce that Erica Hahn has left Seattle Grace. Just then, one of Meredith's oldest friends, Sadie arrives, flinging herself into Meredith's arms. "I've never even heard of this woman. How good a friend can she be?" Cristina protests. "Good enough to kick us both out of bed. Welcome to my world," says Derek.

Sadie says that Meredith is the reason she went to med school, but she postponed her residency to work in a morgue. Now, she says she craves "flowing blood."

"She's your pre-Cristina Cristina," Derek comments to Meredith and wants to know where the nickname "Deth" came from. "Oh no, the adventures of Deth and Die are better left untold," she replies.

Izzie is reluctant to go to work after having had to face the man whose heart she stole for Denny, and when she does enter the hospital, Denny is right there, waiting for her.

His ghost stays with her all day, as she sits with a man who has a "piggyback" heart transplant that is too small for him. The patient, who is a Navajo, believes that he is haunted by the young girl whose heart he received, and he wants it removed, even if it means he'll die. He realizes that Izzie is haunted by her own ghost and tells her, "I don't need any more ghosts in the operating room."

After the girl's heart is removed, the man's heart starts beating on its own and Izzie believes, as does he, that he is no longer haunted. He tells her he's going to burn the heart, so she decides to burn her last possession of Denny's, the sweater she made him.

When she spies mysterious scratches on Lexie's arm, Cristina suspects that she's a secret "cutter," not realizing that the cuts come from Lexie practicing techniques with the other interns.

Derek hears Cristina's suspicions about Lexie and urges Meredith to step in and help. "She's your family," he tells her. Meredith asks Lexie if she's okay, and that she's "just wondering if you're channeling your tragic pain into self-mutilation."

Lexie tells the interns that they need to shut down for a while, but newcomer Sadie suggests they keep going. She tells Lexie, "You're only going to learn so much by being careful,"and -- to the shock of the other interns -- takes off her shirt, and cuts herself on the shoulder. "Who wants to stitch me up?" she offers.

"I want to rock a surgery and I don't want to talk about Hahn," Callie tells Cristina when she asks what happened with Erica. Fortunately, for her, a highly complicated case arrives: a homeless man who was crushed in a dumpster, and who is now impaled on his own leg.

He tells them if they can't save his leg, which looks very unlikely, he doesn't want to live. Owen tells Cristina to make the patient comfortable, and that the surgery is off.

Derek asks Callie, "Please tell me you can figure out a way to build this man some legs." She consults the X-rays and decides she can rebuild the leg, which she does, but the homeless man dies on the operating table. Callie breaks into sobs, saying that she did her part and that everyone else let her down. Mark stays to comfort her as she cries out her grief.

Richard asks Miranda to show the visiting heart specialist Dr. Dixon around, but warns her that she is a "little off," as Miranda finds out when Dixon keeps reciting historical trivia about heart surgery. It turns out she has Asperger's Syndrome and has difficulty interacting with others, preferring to stick to the laws of medicine.

Lexie demonstrates amazing skill with a "pulley stitch" and Richard, assuming that it was Cristina who taught it to her, tells the resident, "You're my one to watch," for the solo surgery.

Cristina discovers the underground intern surgery ring and orders them to shut it down. "Do not practice on yourself," she says. "That is insane."Izzie tells Denny's ghost that she will always love him and that she'll never forget him. But even though she's said goodbye and burned the sweater, he is still there. "Touch me," he urges her and when she reaches out her hand, she can feel his heart beating. 'I told you I was real," he says and kisses her.

Mark, Cristina, and Callie drink their sorrows over being single away, but Callie drifts over to Sadie and offers to buy her a drink. Owen runs into Cristina outside the bar, visibly upset about losing a patient, and then he kisses her unexpectedly.

Trinity
11-01-2009, 08:16
11/20/2008 - "In The Midnight Hour"Season 5, Episode 509

Sadie, who's staying with Meredith, asks her, "What do you think of your sister, Lexie, as my new BFF?" "I don't see that," cautions Meredith. "She was raised right, with parents and rules, and smiley-face posters on her wall."

Sadie joins the interns, who've just given Cristina's "Number Two" intern an epidural. "I'm impressed. Deth was so wrong about you," she tells Lexie, adding, "She thinks your a priss."

Stung by the criticism, Lexie suggests that they take out the sedated intern's appendix. Sadie says they can "be in and out of an O.R. before anyone notices." The intern objects to being operated on, so Sadie volunteers.

Izzie tells herself she's only imagining Denny, but to prove he's real, he makes love to her. Meredith overhears the noisy lovemaking and assumes Izzie is with Alex, until she sees Alex in the hall. Alex offers to join Izzie, but she says she's feeling sick and is going back to bed.

A patient knocks Callie to the floor, breaking her nose. She laments her run of bad luck to Mark, who assures her he'll still be her friend who sleeps with her, after her nose heals.

Lexie has second thoughts as she's about to make the first incision on Sadie. "This is a really bad idea," she says, "This is a very stupid thing, a thing I'm sure we will all regret, possibly from jail." But Sadie, who's under a local anesthetic, makes the first incision herself. When it appears her appendix is inflamed, one of the interns says they should call a resident, but Sadie refuses, telling her, "If you can't handle it, leave!"

The surgery on Sadie goes terribly wrong and all the interns bail, leaving Lexie to beg Meredith for her help. She and Cristina are shocked to see Sadie open on the table in the outpatient room. The intern who's been left in charge says, "I think she's dying."

Cristina and Meredith take over, but insist on sending for Miranda, who talks Cristina through the surgery. When George hears about it, he asks Lexie why she didn't come to him for help. "This wasn't about you," she tells him. "This is the one thing in the last few months that wasn't about getting you to notice me." She walks away and one of the interns tells George, "Dude, she's, like, in love with you. How did you miss that?"

Richard praises Cristina and Meredith for saving Sadie's life, but Lexie, who thinks the Chief is reprimanding them, bursts in to say it was all her fault and that Cristina had told her to "shut it down" the day before. "You knew about this yesterday?" Richard thunders. Meredith is even madder that Cristina didn't tell her about what the interns were doing, but Cristina snaps back, "You didn't have my back in that room. You have a relationship with the Chief, but you didn't say anything to defend me."

"Effective immediately, everyone here is on probation. So much as sneeze, and you're done," Meredith tells the interns. Alex says they've lost his respect and jumps on an intern who says, "You seem to still respect Izzie Stevens, and she killed a patient." "She was trying to save a man's life. You almost killed a friend for fun," Alex yells. "There's a difference."

Miranda tells Callie she envies the interns their enthusiasm and that her operations have become "rote" and "boring." "Maybe I'm just tired of it," she says and Callie says she feels the same.

Meredith chews out Sadie for her reckless behavior. "What the hell is going on with you?" she asks and Sadie admits, "I don't know."

Owen is finally prompted to act on his feelings towards Cristina. He shows up at her doorstep and tells her, "I think you're beautiful."

Derek asks Meredith to stop bringing home "strays" like Sadie, but after Lexie's disastrous day, he brings her back to the house, partly so that Mark doesn't hit on "little Grey."

Izzie tells Alex, "I'm a mess." His response: "I can handle the mess," and that he's not going anywhere. "I'm sorry, I can't," she tells Denny, who says he'll be "right here."

12/04/2008 - "All By Myself"Season 5, Episode 510

The attendings choose Cristina for the solo surgery, but the Chief has put her on probation and orders her to select another resident to take her place. The residents all plead their cases to her: George insists he's grown the most, Meredith believes she's the most qualified but tells Cristina to "do what she has to do," while Alex calmly recites the surgical procedure to her.

Izzie, meanwhile, is not even trying to win the surgery, she's far too occupied with Denny, who is now with her at the hospital. Izzie hasn't been at the clinic all week and makes excuses why she can't work when she does show up. George notices her talking to herself and tries to tell Alex he thinks there's something wrong with her. Alex just snaps at him, "Never talk to me about Izzie again."

Mark advises Callie not to flirt with "hot, crazy intern," Sadie, and to channel all her frustrated sexual energy into surgeries. Mark himself is trying to avoid Lexie: Ever since Derek ordered him to stay away from her, he can't stop thinking about her, but she's helping him wiht a patient whose voice box he is rebuilding.

Watching the residents scuffle for the solo surgery reminds Miranda when she was "young, gifted black, and everyone knew it." Hearing about Mark's cutting-edge surgery, she asks to scrub in, but asks him so many questions he wants to know if she'd rather just do the surgery herself.

Besides punishing Cristina by not allowing her to operate, Richard also makes her baby sit Dr. Virginia Dixon. "At the end of the day, I want that woman to be my next head of cardio. If she's not, I know who to blame." Virginia tells Cristina she should award the solo surgery based on science, not on feelings. At the end of the day, Virginia decides to stay on.

Cristina finally chooses Alex for the solo surgery. Alex eagerly tells Izzie and wants her to scrub in with him. In his excitement, he blurts out that he loves her and he knows she's been scarce because of the patient who reminded her of Denny. "I'm not going to die, Izzie," he tells her, assuming that her being so distant is fear of commitment.

He panics when she doesn't show for the surgery. He asks Meredith to scrub in instead and calls himself an idiot for telling Izzie he loved her. "You have to kick ass in there, Alex. You have no choice," she tells him, just as Izzie shows up and tells the Chief, "He's ready."

Cristina tells a hurt Meredith that choosing Alex over her wasn't a personal decision. "Unlike you, I can separate my personal life from my job." She angrily tells the other residents watching Alex operate, "None of you said anything. They were all our interns. I won this. They picked me. If I don't deserve this solo surgery, then none of us do."

Cristina is on the verge of tears after leaving the O.R,. so Owen tells her to follow him. He shows her his favorite place in the hospital: a ventilation shaft that he likes to stand on to clear his head. "Anything can happen on a vent," he says. "Like what?" she asks and they kiss.

Sadie tells Lexie to stop feeling guilty about the intern surgery ring --- and that Mark likes her. "You haven't noticed his eyes on your ass?" she asks. Lexie tells her she's "delusional," but that night, she goes to Mark's apartment to tell him his vocal reconstruction voice was a success. She starts stripping, saying, "Teach me." Mark tries to get her to leave, but when she asks, "Am I really so bad," he answers, "No, I am," and kisses her.

01/08/2009 - "Wish You Were Here"Season 5, Episode 511

William, a heavily guarded death row patient, arrives at Seattle Grace with a serious stab wound. His presence amps up the tension between Cristina and Meredith, who still aren't talking. It also causes a rift between Meredith, who is sympathetic to the patient's complaints of severe pain, and Derek, who takes offense when William tells him, "We're not that different you and I. People are alive when they meet us and then it all changes somehow."

William's X-rays reveal that a piece of the homemade knife is still in his spine and he needs an operation, even though he's scheduled to be executed the following week.

Witnessing the animosity between Meredith and Cristina as they argue whether William deserves their care, a puzzled Owen tells Derek, "I thought they were friends." "They were," says Derek.

George catches Izzie talking to Denny, which she calmly explains by saying she likes to "think out loud." Since Alex told her he loves her, she decides she has to tell him the truth about Denny. "Tell him I said, hi," Alex says, shrugging it off.

George asks Lexie if she's ever coming home and she tells him, "Rent the room."

Mark tells Lexie that she was "fantastic," but that "It can't happen again and no one's going to know about it." Seeing how Mark tries to avoid Lexie, Callie figures out that he slept with her. "Only once," Mark says, explaining how Lexie "violated him with her nakedness," and he couldn't refuse. Callie tells him that he should be a professional, but then loses her cool when Sadie flirts with her.

Miranda tells Alex to take special care with a boy, Jackson, whom she's been helping treat for three years. The boy's long-term doctor, Dr. Kenley, collapses with a heart attack as he's examining the boy. The chief takes the news of Kenley's death hard and retires into his office, with a huge "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door.

A young female doctor, Dr. Arizonan Robbins, takes over Jackson's case and dismisses her late colleague's approach as outdated, much to Miranda's dismay. Once they open the boy up, Dr. Robbins is appalled by the condition he's in and says, "This boy should have been on a transplant list a year ago. It's a miracle he's still alive."

Miranda goes to Richard to complain and he points out that Miranda's never approved of any of the attendings and that Robbins graduated at the top of her class. "Deal with it," he orders her.

Miranda begs Derek to go talk to the Chief. "I'm not worried about Kenley dying or me dying," Richard tells Derek. "I'm worried about my hospital dying." He laments that he can't keep a cardiac surgeon and can't find anyone to replace Kenley. "I failed at the one thing I spent my whole life, doing," he says, insisting he's going to stay right where he is.

Miranda demands a second opinion after Dr. Robbins insists they put Jackson on the transplant list, so Arizona gives her the name of a top surgeon at Johns Hopkins. Miranda is finally convinced she knows what she's talking about. When she admits as much to Richard, he agrees to look at the boy's file.

Meredith calls Derek "inhumane" when he refuses to give William more morphine. "Killing people is inhumane. Denying him painkillers is a judgment call," he answers. Cristina asks William what he did to get on death row and he tells her and Meredith that he slit several women's throats, for "fun."

Cristina starts to vent to Owen about Meredith, but he brushes her off. When he offers to go out for a beer later, she say she's tired of the hot and cold routine and to "just leave me the hell alone."

Sadie sees that Meredith and Cristina are still not talking and reminds Meredith, "We had a fight like that once," and that their friendship was never the same afterward because Meredith "froze her out." She advises her not to let that happen with Cristina.

Mark and Callie obsess over their intern crushes together. Callie proposes they start their own recovery program, the first and only step of which is "Don't get naked with an intern." But that night at Joe's, Mark falls off the wagon and leaves with Lexie. "Damn, damn, damn," Callie swears when Sadie glances her way. Instead of going over to her, Callie orders another drink.

Izzie tells Alex more details about Denny: That she sees him all the time and the two even have sex, but Alex is okay with her having a "fantasy," even if it's not about him. Alex bakes a cake for Izzie's birthday and tells her to make a wish. She says she already has everything she wants, so he advises her, "Then wish that everything stays the same."

When Derek gets home, he tells Meredith why he was so angry about the death row inmate: two men killed his father because he wouldn't give up his watch. "As doctors, we're supposed to treat everyone the same, but they're not all the same." He says he wishes he could make things better between her and Cristina and wants to know what Cristina would do to cheer her up in this situation. "She'd turn up the music up really loud and make me dance it out with her," she answers, so that's just what he does.

Chloe O'brien
13-01-2009, 12:49
Melissa George has confirmed that she is leaving Grey's Anatomy.
The 32-year-old, who plays intern Sadie Harris, told Entertainment Weekly that she had chosen to leave, but insisted that she had nothing but praise for the programme.
"I love the show so much. I've made some beautiful friends," she said. "I love T.R. Knight. I love Patrick Dempsey, Justin Chambers… I adore Ellen Pompeo. I think she's a strong, incredible woman. And Katherine Heigl is the most beautiful creature on Earth."
The Australian actress joined the ABC show last November, in a deal that reportedly secured her around eight episodes with the opportunity to become a series regular.
However, she revealed that she chose to depart the medical drama in order to "do something else", adding that her exit "won't be a big send-off, but it's really cool what they do".
A Grey's insider said: "Melissa's arc came to a natural end. Everyone at the show adores her. We're genuinely sad to see her go."

tammyy2j
13-01-2009, 16:49
I'm glad Sadie is going but the show is going downhill fast

lizann
14-01-2009, 15:19
One of the characters on 'Grey's Anatomy' will have to deal with the arrival of an old flame.

TV Guide reports that Owen Hunt's (Kevin McKidd) former lover will appear in the 15th episode of the current series.

She will be played by Laura Allen, whose previous credits include 'Dirt', 'The 4400' and 'All My Children'.

Speaking to TV Guide after the Golden Globes, McKidd said that Hunt's parents may also appear later in the series to further develop the character.

lizann
14-01-2009, 15:20
Actor Patrick Dempsey has hinted that his 'Grey's Anatomy' character Dr Derek 'McDreamy' Shepherd may be getting married.

USA Today reports that Dempsey told a reporter on Monday that "there may be" a trip down the aisle for Derek and Meredith (Ellen Pompeo).

"Rumour has it that something might be happening," said the actor. "I think they have to. It's time for them to get together."

CrazyLea
14-01-2009, 17:10
Actor Patrick Dempsey has hinted that his 'Grey's Anatomy' character Dr Derek 'McDreamy' Shepherd may be getting married.

USA Today reports that Dempsey told a reporter on Monday that "there may be" a trip down the aisle for Derek and Meredith (Ellen Pompeo).

"Rumour has it that something might be happening," said the actor. "I think they have to. It's time for them to get together."
Yes please :cheer:

pookie1968uk
14-01-2009, 22:05
i cant believe series 5 is starting already after 4 has just finished! the clips they showed of it make it look really exciting!

tammyy2j
19-01-2009, 20:09
Tyne Daly joining as Derek's mother

tammyy2j
11-02-2009, 11:04
Long-circulating rumors that Katherine Heigl and T.R. Knight both are angling to exit Grey's Anatomy have been given new life by a castmate.

When asked if Heigl is in fact scrubbing out as Izzie, James T. Pickens (aka the Chief) told Us Weekly, "Yes, she is." Pickens then said Knight is "going too ... to pursue other career paths."

A spokesperson for Knight offered TVGuide.com no comment on the actor's status at Grey's, while ABC isn't confirming any departures. Heigl's rep has not responded to a request for comment.

Heigl has been rumored to be unhappy at the ABC serial, especially ever since she appeared to dis the writers last spring for not giving her Emmy-worthy material.

Knight, meanwhile, was famously caught up in the Isaiah Washington maelstrom of 2007, when Burke's portrayer reportedly aimed an anti-gay epithet at his castmate. Washington left the show months later. Though Knight's screen time has been scant as of late, one source tells TVGuide.com that George will have a big storyline coming up later this season.

When pressed about the exit rumors, Eric Dane, who plays "McSteamy" Mark Sloan, tells Ellen DeGeneres on her show Wednesday, "Until the boss [Shonda Rhimes] says this is going down, it's not happening."

lizann
19-02-2009, 14:07
Grey’s Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes wants to set the record straight: T.R. Knight and Katherine Heigl are not leaving the show.

“That was a very interesting rumor,” Rhimes said Thursday night at the 40th NAACP Image Awards in Los Angeles. “And it’s not true.”

Rhimes was referring to a recent comment in the press attributed to Grey’s castmember James Pickens Jr., in which he was said to be confirming the departure of Heigl and Knight.

“That was absolutely taken out of context,” said Rhimes. “Things happen, and … I think rumors become fact very easily. And you know I don’t like to tell you what’s going to happen on the show — but that is a rumor,” she emphasized.

For his part, Pickens says he meant to wish the pair well in general.

“We’ve been living with these rumors for a long time,” he said before the NAACP’s awards show. “When the question was posed to me, I was more trying to congratulate Katie and T.R. on whatever they were going to do. But yeah, I don’t have any special info about it either way.”

ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy took home three awards, including Chandra Wilson’s win for outstanding actress in a drama series. Wilson said she was looking forward to the show’s upcoming 100th episode — and insisted things were all good on the set.

“We’re laughing at the rumors, as we always do,” Wilson said before the ceremony. “Stories come out, and [there are] these big quotes, and we go, ‘But that’s not exactly what I said.’ So, we’re busy doing our jobs, doing our work.”

CrazyLea
19-02-2009, 14:23
Oh so they're not leaving? That's good :D. Though usually.. once rumours arrive... and they get denied... they usually turn out true.. so I'm not going to get too excited :p.

tammyy2j
09-03-2009, 11:45
Last summer, after tabloid reports surfaced that Izzie Stevens would have a brain tumor this season on Grey's Anatomy, we asked Shonda about the stories and she told us, point-blank "no," there was no truth the stories.

Nine months later, after viewers rejected the season's major Dead Denny plotline as patent nonsense—a situation that might have redeemed if those viewers had confirmation that he was a tumor-induced hallucination—Justin Chambers has confirmed that, duh, Izzie has a cancer.

What exactly did he say and when will we see the news onscreen?

According to TV Guide Canada, Justin Chambers (who plays Izzie's boyfriend and fellow doctor Alex Karev) said, "Izzie has cancer, so I'm there to support her...I would expect Alex to shut down a little bit if something awful happens to Izzie, but these are opportunities to see his chivalrous side and his true love for her, so there should be some interesting stuff coming up."

lizann
12-03-2009, 10:56
Izzie has cancer and it has spread to her brain and liver :(

Chloe O'brien
12-03-2009, 23:13
Izzie has cancer and it has spread to her brain and liver :(

That's horrible poor Izzie.

tammyy2j
31-03-2009, 10:40
Finally Derek proposes to Meredith

lizann
15-04-2009, 16:50
Whatever cliff-hanger Grey's Anatomy has in store in its May 14 season finale, it'll probably pale in comparison to the one T.R. Knight is experiencing in real life.

Last fall, the actor -- frustrated by his lack of airtime -- asked to be released from his multiyear Grey's contract. His wish may be granted by an upcoming story line that finds (MAJOR SPOILER ALERT) George marching off to war as an Army medic. Just as the season wraps up, George gets injured in the line of duty, leaving his fate up in the air for viewers -- and even Knight himself. "T.R. doesn’t know whether George lives or dies," explains a source close to the show. "And, as a result, he doesn't know whether or not he has to come back next season."

tammyy2j
20-04-2009, 11:13
Grey's Anatomy star Ellen Pompeo will visiting hospital for real in nine months time - the actress is pregnant with her first child.

The star and husband Chris Ivey are starting a family, according to Pompeo's representative.

Publicist Jennifer Allen tells People.com, "It's great news. They're ecstatic."

The couple has been married since 2007. They began dating in 2003 after meeting in a supermarket.

Could we see a little McDreamy in the future on the show :hmm:

Perdita
15-05-2009, 06:53
Chyler Leigh has assured Grey's Anatomy fans that the season five finale will be positive for Lexie and Mark.

Speaking to TV Guide, Leigh said that the final episode will end on a high note for the lovers.

"It is definitely good", she said. "She's got all of her ducks in a row as far as what she wants for her career. Now to have fallen into a relationship that she wasn't expecting, throws some of those plans off. It will be interesting to see what happens next season."

Discussing rumours that T.R. Knight is to depart the series as George, she said: "I know nothing, and it's still too early to say. We literally just wrapped.

"I haven't been told anything, and I'm not even sure T.R. knows, or even what's going on with Katie [Heigl] and all that stuff. I don't know if anybody knows what's going to happen."

The actress recently announced the birth of her third child.

Luna
15-05-2009, 10:17
omg just watched the finale - i have never cried as much with greys ever!!

I knew from that was george as soon as Merideth done that thing in his head and he looked at her

Another great finish for greys cant wait to find out who lives and who dies next season

Chloe O'brien
16-05-2009, 03:02
omg just watched the finale - i have never cried as much with greys ever!!

I knew from that was george as soon as Merideth done that thing in his head and he looked at her

Another great finish for greys cant wait to find out who lives and who dies next season

Don't tell me it's going to be a Dr Greene ER style cause I haven't seen any of this series and I will be away the golie if I have to watch George suffer the same way as Dr Greene in ER did. So when is this series on Ch5 I'm free to have my remaining brain cells ethincally cleansed in the next three weeks and I won't neeed them back until January.