PDA

View Full Version : 'Home And Away' transmission breaks

Perdita
17-07-2008, 06:04
Just a heads up to all you Home And Away addicts out there - the show will be taking a three-week break from our screens at the beginning of August.

The production house over in Australia is taking a mid-year break, having a knock-on effect on the UK schedules.

Home And Away will be off air from Monday, August 4 until Monday, August 25 inclusive. The final pre-break episode is due to transmit on Friday, August 1, meaning the next episode will air on Tuesday, August 26 at 6pm on Five.

In addition, the Aussie serial will take its usual two-week break at Christmas, from Monday, December 22 until Friday, January 2, 2009. The first episode of the new year will transmit on Monday, January 5.

Jessie Wallace
17-07-2008, 07:16
That's good, they need to fall back a bit here, it's only 5 weeks behind now.

Katy
17-07-2008, 07:41
i think its good as we really are catching up. It will be nice to see it how it was intended. I am assuming the pre break episode will be a cliffhanger.

Abbie
17-07-2008, 12:31
:( Oh well
I'll be on hoilday so will have things to take it off my mind

Abigail
17-07-2008, 13:58
Just a heads up to all you Home And Away addicts out there - the show will be taking a three-week break from our screens at the beginning of August.

The production house over in Australia is taking a mid-year break, having a knock-on effect on the UK schedules.

Home And Away will be off air from Monday, August 4 until Monday, August 25 inclusive. The final pre-break episode is due to transmit on Friday, August 1, meaning the next episode will air on Tuesday, August 26 at 6pm on Five.

In addition, the Aussie serial will take its usual two-week break at Christmas, from Monday, December 22 until Friday, January 2, 2009. The first episode of the new year will transmit on Monday, January 5.

Home and Away usually has a six week break at christmas over there so by the time it returns at the end of Jan we'll have caught up with them.

Abigail
17-07-2008, 14:00
i think its good as we really are catching up. It will be nice to see it how it was intended. I am assuming the pre break episode will be a cliffhanger.

Maybe, although the real cliffhanger will be in the current Aus episode as the olympics start 8/8.

Abbie
17-07-2008, 14:02
I know what you mean about watching the Uk episodes and its all like out of sync with time, espicially xmas and cliffhangers, thats why I watch at the Oz pace :p

Abigail
19-07-2008, 19:57
I've just read on BTTB that the last episode before the olypmics will be a double episode on Thursday 7th August.

Abbie
20-07-2008, 00:07
I've just read on BTTB that the last episode before the olypmics will be a double episode on Thursday 7th August.

oooo they better make it good :thumbsup:

Abigail
01-08-2008, 20:29
After the Fiver episode tonight there was an announcement that the episodes that will be shown during the break are to be special events. Starting next week is all about Flynn and Sally, their marriage and his death. I'm going to have to buy some more tissues if I watch his last two episodes :crying:

Abigail
01-08-2008, 22:14
These episodes are for next week on Fiver Two episodes on each day

Home and Away: Four Weddings and a Funeral
Monday 4th August on Fiver from 6:00pm to 6:30pm
Tensions run high as the big day looms and jittery Sally faces a difficult dilemma - who will give her away, Alf or Donald? Flynn has to calm Jesse down, while Sophie faces the prospect of missing the wedding, confined to bed as she recovers from the birth

Monday 4th August on Fiver from 6:.30pm to 7pm
Scott's horse Jacko takes fright and bolts, catapulting Sally and Leah out of the carriage and into the mud in their full regalia. The bride and her matron of honour are far from pleased to face the long, hot walk to the ceremony and are delighted at the sight of Scott riding to the rescue in a borrowed ute - until the heavens open and the entire wedding party is forced to take shelter in the hospital, where Donald presides over a most unusual start to the marriage

Tuesday 5th August on Fiver from 6:00pm to 6:30pm
Leah makes a shocking discovery, while Jesse has a change of heart about signing Rachel's adoption papers. Will and Hayley attempt to make amends and the wedding ceremony is jeopardised when a suspicious package is recovered from the surf club

Tuesday 5th August on Fiver from 6:30pm to 7:00pm
The Sutherland house is turned upside down as the day of Hayley and Noah's wedding dawns. Alf can't help reflecting on the past when he closes the shop for the day, while Jesse is forced to make a difficult decision, and Kane reveals his true feelings for Kirsty

Wednesday 6th August on Fiver from 6:00pm to 6:30pm
Leah decides her recent misfortunes are signs the wedding is not meant to be. Dan tries to talk her round, while Peter leaps into action to ensure everything goes without a hitch

Wednesday 6th August on Fiver from 6:30pm to 7:00pm
Peter's conflict with Kevin erupts at the reception, but Dan steps in to keep the peace. Hayley decides to put her differences with Scott aside - but ends up kissing Kim

Thursday 7th August on Fiver from 6:00pm to 6:30pm
Jack and Martha marry, and head to the barn for the hastily organised reception. Ric argues with Macca when he finds the bride's sister waiting outside, while Peter tries to check up on the progress of Zoe's transfer - until the party gets an unwelcome surprise as the wedding cake is brought out

Thursday 7th August on Fiver from 6:30pm to 7:00pm
The wedding guests try to escape from the burning barn, and as more people emerged injured, the hospital becomes increasingly overrun. Jack is hurt by falling rubble and learns he will need a liver transplant, while Macca is trapped by a falling beam as he rushes into the building to help

Friday 8th August on Fiver from 6:00pm to 6:30pm
With Flynn's death imminent, his friends and family gather to say goodbye. Ric is too scared to face him, but is encouraged by Alf to do the right thing. Sally and her husband reminisce over happier times, and she grants him his last wish

Friday 8th August on Fiver from 6:30pm to 7:00pm
On the day of Flynn's funeral, Cassie is overcome with emotion as she reads a poem, prompting Colleen to step in. Sally scatters the ashes, and Alf arranges a tribute to show how much his friend meant to Summer Bay. Meanwhile, Tasha makes a shocking discovery

Abigail
02-08-2008, 14:07
Home And Away is to take a 3 week break from screening in the UK from August 4 to August 25th. But they won't be going cold turkey. Some classic episodes will be played over the break, which has been put in place to prevent the UK from becoming to close to Australia in terms of episodes.

Australia is also taking a two week break due to Seven's coverage of 2008 Beijing Olympics.

There will be 2 hours of H&A each day, with episodes playing at 10am-11am and being repeated at 6pm-7pm. The first weeks episodes consist of some classic weddings and their aftermaths. Iconic marriages such as Sally & Flynn, Noah & Hayley, Kirsty & Kane, Leah & Dan and more recently, Jack & Martha's barnhouse celebration.

More details about the following episodes will be updated when possible.

Home & Away returns to both England & Australia on Monday 25th August on Five & Seven at their respective times.

Abbie
04-08-2008, 03:17
Whoooo so that means when I gte back I will have 2 weeks to catch up on? I think?
I cant work it out lol
and then it will back on the monday anyway :thumbsup:

Abigail
04-08-2008, 10:59
Whoooo so that means when I gte back I will have 2 weeks to catch up on? I think?
I cant work it out lol
and then it will back on the monday anyway :thumbsup:

Yeah, two weeks of current episodes. You can catch up with the Fiver episodes on the demand service.

Abbie
06-08-2008, 03:29
Whooooo well at least when I come back I wont stay depressed for long, although the long flights on the way home with be agonising cos we havent got direct flights either so I'll be very impatient :lol: Thats sounds odd doesnt it! I'll be at the airport impatient to come home :lol: Whats wrong with me!

Abigail
08-08-2008, 16:31
Hunks and Hotties

Monday 11th August on Fiver from 10:00am to 10:30am
A knight in shining armour rides to Hayley's rescue as Noah Lawson makes an action-packed return to the Bay, receiving a beating for his trouble. Elsewhere, Judith feels broody and Joel wastes no time in making his feelings on the subject crystal-clear, while Vinnie makes a remarkable discovery about Stefan

Monday 11th August on Fiver from 10:30am to 11:00am
Just as the campaign against Gypsy seems to have died down, a menacing call at the Beach House puts her in a spin. Joel's decision to support his daughter by moving back in looks set to put the kibosh on his relationship with Judith, and Dani gives Donald the benefit of her advice, berating him for humiliating Brodie

Tuesday 12th August on Fiver from 10:00am to 10:30am
Hayley confronts Lisa over her lies, but is urged not to tell Scott anything - the situation is more complicated than she thinks. However, Beth convinces her that the truth must be revealed. The beauty pageant gets off to a flying start when Colleen comes face to face with an old rival, and Ric encounters a mysterious girl with a rebellious streak to match his own

Tuesday 12th August on Fiver from 10:30am to 11:00am
Scheming Angie uses her considerable wiles to persuade a besotted Nick to spy on the Sutherlands for her, while the case against Irene gains credibility. A stranger on horseback catches Dani's eye, and a tearful Morag bids Alf a fond farewell

Wednesday 13th August on Fiver from 10:00am to 10:30am
Beth's new neighbours cause a stir, while Robbie and Tasha try a spot of matchmaking for Martha. Hyde conceals a painful secret

Wednesday 13th August on Fiver from 10:30am to 11:00am
Sally struggles to recover from having an intruder in her house, becoming a terrified recluse. Alf has a surprise for Ric, while relations between Matilda and Cassie are icy

Thursday 14th August on Fiver from 10:00am to 10:30am
Rachel learns it was Jazz who went to Tony's reunion with him, while Jack finds himself with a decision to make that is more terrible than he could have imagined. Cassie discusses her experience of HIV with the students at school, but when Aden hears her speak he panics and runs out

Thursday 14th August on Fiver from 10:30am to 11:00am
Miles is pleased with his return to the dating game with Jazz even though Leah voices her disapproval about the relationship. Nicole makes a bet with Aden that she'll sleep with Geoff, while Morag is uncharacteristically excited as she prepares for her dinner with Ross

Friday 15th August on Fiver from 10:00am to 10:30am
Belle's relationship with Drew is put under even more strain after Gavin rewrites her article about Sally, painting the former principal as a villain. Geoff is surprised to realise the girls of Summer Bay find him attractive. Martha and Roman get to know each other a bit better

Friday 15th August on Fiver from 10:30am to 11:00am
Miles suspects Jai has a crush on Matilda when the lad is caught smelling her clothes - but he soon opens up with the sad truth. Belle denies she is in a relationship with Aden, leaving him devastated, and Charlie has a bad first day at work when she gets off on the wrong foot with Jack

The week after is X Rated.

Abbie
09-08-2008, 16:15
Glad to see aden on the list :wub:

Shame Im missing it :(

Abigail
10-08-2008, 22:16
Thursday 14th August on Fiver from 10:00am to 10:30am
Rachel learns it was Jazz who went to Tony's reunion with him, while Jack finds himself with a decision to make that is more terrible than he could have imagined. Cassie discusses her experience of HIV with the students at school, but when Aden hears her speak he panics and runs out

Thursday 14th August on Fiver from 10:30am to 11:00am
Miles is pleased with his return to the dating game with Jazz even though Leah voices her disapproval about the relationship. Nicole makes a bet with Aden that she'll sleep with Geoff, while Morag is uncharacteristically excited as she prepares for her dinner with Ross

I'm looking forward to these episodes. I really liked Aden and Nicole when they first started living together and had a bit of fun.

I watched the episodes where Flynn died on Friday. I got half way through the first episode and was crying so much I had to turn it off.

Abbie
12-08-2008, 03:04
OMG This is unfair that im missing pure H&A gold....well it is to me :D

Siobhan
12-08-2008, 09:21
OMG This is unfair that im missing pure H&A gold....well it is to me :D

I don't have 5 either and Irish TV is shown no H&W, not even old ones