PDA

View Full Version : India reality TV show goes wrong

Perdita
15-07-2008, 20:26
Three employees of an event management firm in India have been arrested for putting the life of a reality TV show participant in danger, police say.

Anjar Khan, 22, took part in the show in the central Indian city of Indore where contestants were asked to stay under water for as long as possible.

He collapsed and is in hospital in a "serious condition", doctors say.

Reality TV shows have become huge hits in India with thousands queuing up to take part in them.

Something wrong

Mr Khan participated in a programme at a shopping mall in Indore on Sunday to publicise a new reality TV show "Khatron Ke Khiladi" [Dare devils] where participants were dared to remain under water in a huge glass tank.

He was inside the water tank for some minutes before the organisers realised there was something wrong and he was pulled out.

Reports say he lost consciousness in the tank and had water in his lungs.

He managed to walk a few steps but then collapsed. He was taken to a nearby hospital where he has been on artificial respirator ever since.

"He was brought to the hospital with a major part of his system such as pulse and blood pressure in an extremely critical condition," Dr GMR Shah of Mayur Hospital told the BBC.

Dr Shah said Khan would continue to be on ventilator for some more days although his condition had shown some improvement.

According to reports, no doctors or paramedics were present at the mall when the incident took place.

Officials say the organisers did not have permission to hold the contest.

Senior police officer Mahesh Chandra Jain said the arrested employees would be charged with "gross negligence which put a person's life in danger".

Abigail
15-07-2008, 20:29
Thats awful. I wouldn't do it for all the money in the world, I hate water.

A few years ago a radio station in this country had a competition to win £1k. All the contestants had to do was not wee for a week. Toxins built up in the guy's body and he died of kidney failure.

Why anybody would want to do anything like this is beyond me.

Perdita
15-07-2008, 20:35
Can't imagine not weeing for a week, would have thought you lose control at some stage and you wet yourself (sorry for tmi). But it is certainly not healthy to not go to the loo when you have to.

StarsOfCCTV
15-07-2008, 22:32
Someone also died by drinking too much water for one of those reality things.

What a stupid thing to think up of and do..

Abbie
15-07-2008, 22:55
that's sounds crazy stuff to do

Kirsty :]
15-07-2008, 23:05
No way would I ever put my health/life at risk for any amount of money. Life is worth more than all the money and everything in the world!