PDA

View Full Version : Abba

Bryan
15-07-2008, 15:08
As if we didn't have an ABBA thread! Seen as Mamma Mia is out and the ABBA craze it hitting everywhere, we might aswell set up a thread with the songs in it!

What's your favourite ABBA song? There's some classics to choose from!

YouTube - ABBA - DANCING QUEEN 【STEREO】

YouTube - Mamma Mia - Abba

YouTube - ABBA - WATERLOO

YouTube - take a chance on me

YouTube - ABBA - 1980 The Winner Takes It All

YouTube - ABBA Lay All Your Love On Me

Bryan
15-07-2008, 15:12
YouTube - S.O.S. - Abba

YouTube - money money money ABBA

YouTube - ABBA - Fernando

YouTube - ABBA - 1976 Knowing Me, Knowing You

YouTube - ABBA - 1977 The Name of The Game

YouTube - ABBA - Thank You For The Music

Siobhan
15-07-2008, 15:12
this is my fav
YouTube - ABBA - 1978 Chiquitita

Xx-Vicky-xX
15-07-2008, 15:14
this is my fav
YouTube - ABBA - 1978 Chiquitita (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwrwBDycQFs)

Yep that is one of my fave Abba songs, i will have to think about the rest and get back to you as some i like one day but might not like it much the next, depends on mood

Bryan
15-07-2008, 15:15
YouTube - ABBA - 1978 Chiquitita

YouTube - ABBA - 1979 Does Your Mother Know

YouTube - ABBA - 1979 Voulez Vous

YouTube - ABBA - Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight)

YouTube - I Have A Dream-Abba

YouTube - ABBA - Super Trooper

Abigail
15-07-2008, 15:16
I like Take A Chance. Not a massive ABBA fan, they irritate me after a while.

Siobhan
15-07-2008, 15:18
this is my fav

Yep that is one of my fave Abba songs, i will have to think about the rest and get back to you as some i like one day but might not like it much the next, depends on mood

Have you heard Steve Gately from boyzone singing this.. it is brill
YouTube - Stephen Gately - Chiquitita

Bryan
15-07-2008, 15:18
I like Take A Chance. Not a massive ABBA fan, they irritate me after a while.

:eek: they are legendary lmao! the only band i know that me, my parents and grandparents like!

i know it's not cool to like ABBA, but secretly everyone is a closet ABBA fan :p

Abbie
15-07-2008, 15:29
I have no idea what my fav one is.
I love them all :p

Xx-Vicky-xX
15-07-2008, 16:07
this is my fav

Have you heard Steve Gately from boyzone singing this.. it is brill
YouTube - Stephen Gately - Chiquitita

Na not keen on that, Abba are better

sindydoll
15-07-2008, 16:34
i was watching a abba thing on the telly the other night i had 1/2 bottle of vodka 4 pints of boddys i was well away singing and dancing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Siobhan
15-07-2008, 16:43
i was watching a abba thing on the telly the other night i had 1/2 bottle of vodka 4 pints of boddys i was well away singing and dancing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ABBA is great at weddings and parties.. gets everyone dancing.. everyone knows an ABBA song and will sing away to them...

Perdita
15-07-2008, 19:10
I quite like Abba, my favourite track is Eagle, just fabulous. :clap:

Abigail
15-07-2008, 19:30
Not heard Eagle before. Might youtube it later.

Tannie
15-07-2008, 19:43
My favourite song is defenatly between Thank You For The Music and I do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do. But now thanks to the movie i'm also a fan of the name of the game but i generally like all their music :)

Perdita
15-07-2008, 19:43

1/2 bottle of vodka and 4 pints of boddys, you are my kind a girl :lol: After that kind of drinking you even remember all the words, don't you!

pookie1968uk
15-07-2008, 19:50
i think i just love them all! but if i had to pick one maybe thank you for the music.

Perdita
15-07-2008, 20:44
As a new generation of fans discover Abba thanks to the phenomenal success of the hit film Mamma Mia, one of the foursome has revealed he is suffering from memory loss.

Bjorn Ulvaeus, who was married to his blonde co-star Agnetha Faltskog at the height of their fame, cannot even remember the highlights of Abba's fame.

The Swedish group rocketed into the British pop charts in 1974 when they won the Eurovision Song Contest in Brighton with their song Waterloo - a triumph Ulvaeus says he can no longer recall.

'It is like I was not even there,' the 58-year-old father of four said.

'People ask me if I am going to write my memoirs. But even if I wanted to, I would not be able. I have extremely few memories.'

Ulvaeus composed the music for the Mamma Mia! stage musical with Abba co-star Benny Andersson and makes a brief uncredited appearance as a Greek god in the film, which stars Oscar winner Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth.

The movie has sparked an Abba revival and the four band mates were reunited for the first time in 22 years at the Stockholm premier earlier this month.

But despite the renewed adulation, Ulvaeus says he simply cannot remember great chunks of his life. He has met old school friends to see if they can help him piece together his childhood and even turned to hypnosis in an attempt to find a cure - so far, in vain.

Ulvaeus, who divorced Agnetha in 1979 and is now married to Swedish music journalist Lena Kallersjo, the mother of his two youngest daughters, has studied old photographs and video to try and remember his life.

Explaining the immediate aftermath of Abba’s Eurovision song contest, Ulvaeus said: 'Many remember that very moment, where they were, what they did and even how they felt. But not me.

'It is unbelievable but I do not remember standing on the stage. It is like I was not even there.

'In interviews I said that my trousers were so tight I could not even sit in the bus on the way to the arena. But I honestly do not know if that is true or it is someone who told me about it.'

Abba enjoyed a string of hits including Money, Money, Money, Dancing Queen and Mamma Mia! before splitting in the mid 1980s.

They remain one of the biggest grossing bands ever and have sold more than 400million records worldwide.

But Ulvaeus says that despite the fame, his memory loss is so depressing he has lost his self-confidence.

:eek: That is so sad.

Abbie
15-07-2008, 22:19

ABBA is great at weddings and parties.. gets everyone dancing.. everyone knows an ABBA song and will sing away to them...

that's very true :)

sindydoll
16-07-2008, 14:45

1/2 bottle of vodka and 4 pints of boddys, you are my kind a girl :lol: After that kind of drinking you even remember all the words, don't you!
hardened drinker darling!! i cant really remmember what songs i was singing to :lol:

Perdita
16-07-2008, 14:46
I would not have been able to remember singing, never mind to what :rotfl:

Chris_2k11
16-07-2008, 15:35
Not much of a fan but i do remember buying the 'Thank Abba for the music' single from the brits back in the day, with Steps, B*witched and the gang :o haha eek!

Chris_2k11
16-07-2008, 15:43
YouTube - Thank ABBA for the Music

sindydoll
16-07-2008, 15:58
you make me sound like a alcoholic :angry: :lol: i do drink a lot i can sit in my garden on a nice day and drink 2 bottles of wine and has for the vodka i love it! i will drink it until i colapse :lol: i must admit i do go through a lot for a 38 year old woman :lol: :lol:

Perdita
16-07-2008, 16:44
you make me sound like a alcoholic :angry: :lol: i do drink a lot i can sit in my garden on a nice day and drink 2 bottles of wine and has for the vodka i love it! i will drink it until i colapse :lol: i must admit i do go through a lot for a 38 year old woman :lol: :lol:

Sorry, that was not my intention, believe me. I quite like a drink myself and I never say NO to a voddie unless I am driving but I must admit, I don't think I could win a drinking competition against you, I tend to fall asleep really quick with alcohol :lol:

DaVeyWaVey
16-07-2008, 18:38
Can't say I'm much of an Abba fan to be honest, though I always catch myself singing along to "Thank You For The Music" if it ever comes on at a party or disco.

Abigail
16-07-2008, 19:41
Stop denying it Davey, everybody is a closet Abba fan :rotfl:

Perdita
16-07-2008, 20:05
Very true, all those that say they are not - they always know all the words to all the songs. :lol:

Bryan
16-07-2008, 20:29
Been listening to the mamma mia film soundtrack, and i've fallen in love with The Winner Takes It All, very moving lyrics. And Meryl Streep sings it beautifully, full of raw emotion.

YouTube - MAMMA MIA! The Movie: The Winner Takes It All FULL SONG!!!

sindydoll
16-07-2008, 21:05
Been listening to the mamma mia film soundtrack, and i've fallen in love with The Winner Takes It All, very moving lyrics. And Meryl Streep sings it beautifully, full of raw emotion.

YouTube - MAMMA MIA! The Movie: The Winner Takes It All FULL SONG!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1egohTOlQk)
thats because its voice boxed :lol: :lol:

Chloe O'brien
20-07-2008, 00:45
You can't beat a bit of Dancing Queen to fill the dancefloor. I love singing to cheesy pop songs when I'm drunk.

Abbie
20-07-2008, 00:51
I now have the Mamma Mia soundtrack on my ipod :lol:

Chris_2k11
20-07-2008, 00:54
how old are they all now? must be getting on a bit

Abbie
20-07-2008, 00:56
Id say late 50's early 60's

Chloe O'brien
20-07-2008, 01:17
Yeah they have to be in their 60's I remember them winning Eurovision way back in the early 70's with Waterloo and they were married back then.

Tannie
20-07-2008, 01:19
I'm listning to mamma mia soundtrack over and over again and now i'm away to download abba songs:lol: