PDA

View Full Version : Diagnosis Murder

ThirstyBandit
25-05-2005, 14:03
For all those of you out there who love Dr Mark, Dr Jesse and Lt. Steve, the wonderful Diagnosis Murder is returning to BBC1 on Tuesday 31st May.

It's replacing Murder She Wrote.

ABOUT BLEEDIN TIME :cheer:

AMBER68
27-05-2005, 00:58
Right - this is getting seriously spooky !!!!! Were we twins separated at birth ? We seem to like exactly the same books and t.v. shows. I was getting a wee bit fed up of Murder She Wrote in the afternoons so it'll be braw to get D.M. back. I'm even watching repeats of The Professionals on Men and Motors cos there's nothing much else on. What else do you like ?
Jonathan Creek ? New Tricks ?

ThirstyBandit
27-05-2005, 10:36
Right - this is getting seriously spooky !!!!! Were we twins separated at birth ? We seem to like exactly the same books and t.v. shows. I was getting a wee bit fed up of Murder She Wrote in the afternoons so it'll be braw to get D.M. back. I'm even watching repeats of The Professionals on Men and Motors cos there's nothing much else on. What else do you like ?
Jonathan Creek ? New Tricks ?

Jonathan Creek - yup
New Tricks - yup
Desperate Housewives
Sunset Beach
Scrubs
Will & Grace
Boomtown (oh how I miss it)
CSI (naturally)
The Dead Zone
Without a Trace
Third Watch <sobs at the news it's been cancelled>
Monarch of the Glen (Hamish Clark in a kilt :D )

That'll do for now. There's more, but I can't think of them at the moment - a few too many drinkies after work last night :sick:

daisy38
27-05-2005, 10:38
Oh i love Diagnosis Murder! I have to get my Dad to tape it for me coz i'm at work when its on but its Half Term next week so i can watch it while its on! I'll probably still tape it though! :cheer:

Bad Wolf
27-05-2005, 10:38
third watch is ace

ThirstyBandit
27-05-2005, 10:39
third watch is ace

I want to be Mrs Sullivan :heart: :heart:

AMBER68
31-05-2005, 07:36
Hiya - what is Third Watch - I don't think that I have ever seen that. I kinda remember Boomtown - wasn't that Australian ? Something about water police I seem to think. I like Will and Grace but have never watched Desperate Housewives - is it any good ? I often watch U.K. Gold for the old Waking the Dead episodes and as I love Agatha Christie books, I have occassionally watched Poirot. He is pretty much what I would have thought she meant him to be. I noticed the other day that Van Der Valk was on one of the cable channels. Does anybody else remember that blast from the past ????

ThirstyBandit
31-05-2005, 12:12
Hiya - what is Third Watch - I don't think that I have ever seen that. I kinda remember Boomtown - wasn't that Australian ? Something about water police I seem to think. I like Will and Grace but have never watched Desperate Housewives - is it any good ? I often watch U.K. Gold for the old Waking the Dead episodes and as I love Agatha Christie books, I have occassionally watched Poirot. He is pretty much what I would have thought she meant him to be. I noticed the other day that Van Der Valk was on one of the cable channels. Does anybody else remember that blast from the past ????

Hey Amber. How's life beyond Hadrian's Wall? :)

Boomtown was set in Los Angeles. A very clever idea, that showed the crime from the point of view of the police, the criminals, the paramedics, the firefighters, etc, etc. It was shown here on Channel Five. They only had 2 series and the (US) network cancelled it.

Third Watch was set in New York, and was about Police, Firemen and Paramedics from the same precinct. One of the firemen was played by the delicious Eddie Cibrian, formerly known as Cole Dechanell from Sunset Beach.

Housewives is OK. I was expecting to be in stitches at the "hilarious" antics, but have only occasionally cracked a smile.

I noticed that Van Der Valk was on. I remember that the first time round (I'm 41), but I don't have Sky.

Thank God. I'd never leave the flat :rotfl:

AMBER68
31-05-2005, 15:54
Hi - at the moment it's either really sunny or pelting down with rain - and either could happen within the same minute of each other. Typical Scotish weather !!!!! Don't think anybody told us that summer was meant to have started yet !!

Don't remember seeing either of these series - must have been watching something else. The only U.S. soap I ever really watched was The Young and the Restless. It was doss. Totally o.t.t. and the acting was dreadful but it was soooo addictive. Especially the long drawn out stares at the end of a scene !!! It got quite embarassing sometimes when the camera would stay on the person for what felt like minutes !! It was shown on UK Living but then they stopped and that was the end of it. I was gutted (as was my mum - I blame her for getting me addicted in the first place) and no other channel has taken it up. I have looked on the web site just to see what has happened but I hardly recognise anybody in it any more. I taped New Tricks last night and am away to watch it before my brood arrive home from work and spoil my peace and quiet.

n.b. just to add another scary fact - I too am 41. spppoooooookkkkyyyy or what :searchme:

ThirstyBandit
31-05-2005, 16:53
n.b. just to add another scary fact - I too am 41. spppoooooookkkkyyyy or what :searchme:

<holds out arms>

My long lost twin sister.

Sounds like the plot of a soap :rotfl:

Off home now. Speak tomorrow, perhaps.

AMBER68
01-06-2005, 07:34
what is it they are called - doppelgangers ??? (please don't tell me you are very small, overweight and have brown hair liberally sprinkled with grey or I will seriously start to worry !!!!

ThirstyBandit
01-06-2005, 10:51
what is it they are called - doppelgangers ??? (please don't tell me you are very small, overweight and have brown hair liberally sprinkled with grey or I will seriously start to worry !!!!

5 ft 1 inch. Seriously overweight. Hair redish blonde (dyed).

God. This is freaky.

http://usera.imagecave.com/BouncyCastle/jane.jpg

See above link. Had haircut since this was taken.

AMBER68
01-06-2005, 15:10
now this is not joking - we could almost be twins. I look just like you !!!!!! I don't know how to send photos but I'll get my son to help me when he gets home. I have one (I repeat ONE) photo of me taken within the last 10 years or so, which was taken earlier on this year at my son's 21st (under great protest - my mum made me :mad: and even at 41, I still do what my mum tells me cos she can be scary). I will send it to you and you will see.

scary stuff - dopplegangers, I tell you ........................

ThirstyBandit
01-06-2005, 15:14
now this is not joking - we could almost be twins. I look just like you !!!!!! I don't know how to send photos but I'll get my son to help me when he gets home. I have one (I repeat ONE) photo of me taken within the last 10 years or so, which was taken earlier on this year at my son's 21st (under great protest - my mum made me :mad: and even at 41, I still do what my mum tells me cos she can be scary). I will send it to you and you will see.

scary stuff - dopplegangers, I tell you ........................

You're 41, and have a 21 year old son? Jeez lady, did you start early or what? :rotfl:

AMBER68
02-06-2005, 02:25
I suppose I did !!! I married at just 19 (he was still 18, nearly 19) and had no.1 son at 20 but waited for 4 years to have no.2 son, who is now 16, nearly 17. So I suppose I was an early starter. Still married to my toyboy - 23 years come October !!!

Meant to ask - do you watch Big Brother cos if you do I could go on at some length !!!!!! :angry: ghastly people. And after being so pleased that Diagnosis Murder started again, I haven't seen it once this week as I have been out when it's been on. Rats !! Taped CSI on Tuesday on Channel 5 but haven't watched it yet. I like peace and quiet to watch it during the day when the males of the family are out at work and it's just me and my two scabby dogs at home. The female one, Amber, is allowed to jump up beside me and cuddle in to watch but the other, Sam, is getting too old to jump up now. If he does manage to get up, he about breaks his neck jumping down. Plus he does tend to fart a lot, so that's another bonus of him staying down :sick: He's 11 now and indestructable we think. He's got heart problems, arthritis, had cancer and still the crabbit bugger keeps going !!!

ThirstyBandit
02-06-2005, 12:42
I suppose I did !!! I married at just 19 (he was still 18, nearly 19) and had no.1 son at 20 but waited for 4 years to have no.2 son, who is now 16, nearly 17. So I suppose I was an early starter. Still married to my toyboy - 23 years come October !!!

Meant to ask - do you watch Big Brother cos if you do I could go on at some length !!!!!! :angry: ghastly people. And after being so pleased that Diagnosis Murder started again, I haven't seen it once this week as I have been out when it's been on. Rats !! Taped CSI on Tuesday on Channel 5 but haven't watched it yet. I like peace and quiet to watch it during the day when the males of the family are out at work and it's just me and my two scabby dogs at home. The female one, Amber, is allowed to jump up beside me and cuddle in to watch but the other, Sam, is getting too old to jump up now. If he does manage to get up, he about breaks his neck jumping down. Plus he does tend to fart a lot, so that's another bonus of him staying down :sick: He's 11 now and indestructable we think. He's got heart problems, arthritis, had cancer and still the crabbit bugger keeps going !!!

I watched CSI last night - through the bottom of a Bacardi & Coke glass :) I may have to re-watch it at the weekend when I'm a tad more sober !!

AMBER68
02-06-2005, 13:20
well at last !!! a difference between us !! Booze is not one of my vices (was when I was a young thing). Food and bad language are about my dead strength. Oh and laziness. I can't stand getting a hangover and if we go out anywhere, I always take the car so we can just go whenever we want. Plus hubby can have a pint (or several knowing him). I started to watch csi twice this morning. First time I fell asleep with my finger on the ff button and when I finally woke up and got the tape to the right place, I fell asleep again so I might just go and have another go. As I'm not going out today, I must watch d.m. with the lovely Mark Sloan - he's lovely, in an uncle/grandad way. Don't know about where you are but today, guess what ? it's raining AGAIN :thumbsdow I'm getting mighty sick of this - I know it's sad, but I can't even get my washing out and that bugs me - big time :wall: Right, I'm off to try csi again - 3rd time lucky !!!!

ThirstyBandit
02-06-2005, 13:28
well at last !!! a difference between us !! Booze is not one of my vices (was when I was a young thing). Food and bad language are about my dead strength. Oh and laziness. I can't stand getting a hangover and if we go out anywhere, I always take the car so we can just go whenever we want. Plus hubby can have a pint (or several knowing him). I started to watch csi twice this morning. First time I fell asleep with my finger on the ff button and when I finally woke up and got the tape to the right place, I fell asleep again so I might just go and have another go. As I'm not going out today, I must watch d.m. with the lovely Mark Sloan - he's lovely, in an uncle/grandad way. Don't know about where you are but today, guess what ? it's raining AGAIN :thumbsdow I'm getting mighty sick of this - I know it's sad, but I can't even get my washing out and that bugs me - big time :wall: Right, I'm off to try csi again - 3rd time lucky !!!!

It's quite dull and overcast here in London, but fairly warm. Well it is in my office, anyway !!

I adore Dick Van Dyke. I fell ever so slightly in love with him when I was about 8 years old, and I'm still ever so slightly in love with him.

Wouldn't you just love to have Mark Sloan as your doctor? Though Jesse is quite sweet too, and Steve is adorable.

I'm such a tart :rotfl:

I don't drive, but I drink. That's why God invented mini cabs :thumbsup:

AMBER68
03-06-2005, 14:17
Yippeee - today we actually have some sunshine !!! :cheer:

Eventually watched csi without falling asleep - bit confusing in the middle but I finally got it sorted out. In d.m. what is Mark's hair like - bad 80's I would suggest !!! Jesse is very cute .... would raise my blood pressure any day :wub:

Have you read the new Mark Billingham ? I finished it yesterday. What did you think of it ? I see there is a new P.J. Tracey book out - I'll get it next time I am in Asda. I'm just away to start reading my first Janet Wotsername book you recommended - I'll let you know how I get on !!!

ThirstyBandit
03-06-2005, 14:44
Yippeee - today we actually have some sunshine !!! :cheer:

Eventually watched csi without falling asleep - bit confusing in the middle but I finally got it sorted out. In d.m. what is Mark's hair like - bad 80's I would suggest !!! Jesse is very cute .... would raise my blood pressure any day :wub:

Have you read the new Mark Billingham ? I finished it yesterday. What did you think of it ? I see there is a new P.J. Tracey book out - I'll get it next time I am in Asda. I'm just away to start reading my first Janet Wotsername book you recommended - I'll let you know how I get on !!!

Evanovich - One for the Money. 2 of my friends have read that recently, and have become completely hooked.