View Full Version : Ex-'Emmerdale' star inspired by weight jibes

Perdita
15-07-2008, 06:43
Former Emmerdale star Hayley Tamaddon has admitted that she was inspired to lose weight after being taunted about her size on Soapstar Superstar.

The actress, who played Delilah Dingle on the ITV1 soap, was shocked to receive criticism over her appearance from Soapstar judge Billy Sammeth when she competed in the 2007 contest. She later discovered that posters on an internet forum agreed with his comments.

Tamaddon told Take 5 magazine: "People were saying, 'She's definitely not a size 10 - a 14 more like'. I was a size 10 then and all right, I was curvy. I watch the show back now and think how massive my boobs were. Now I've gone down a whole cup size. Those comments did upset me, but they gave me a kick up the bum."

Hayley has lost a stone in weight since she was last seen on Emmerdale - thanks to a more sensible diet.

"I'd got myself into a comfort zone on Emmerdale, eating much more than normal," she continued. "I'd be waiting around for my scene and just eat a bar of chocolate. And in scenes with food I'd eat loads of chips and toast. Now I have cereal for breakfast, salad or soup for lunch and meat with lots of vegetables for dinner. I don't eat bread or pasta at all."

Tamaddon also confirmed that she has no immediate plans to return to the soap, as she is still concentrating on other projects.

"I just loved the security more than anything," Hayley explained. "I loved the role and being one of the Dingle clan. The door's still open to return one day, but I'm not ready yet."

Aww, I liked her, would love for her to come back. :cheer:

Ruffed_lemur
15-07-2008, 18:25
Yes, I would love to see Delilah back too. Great character!