PDA

View Full Version : Recording freeview

StarsOfCCTV
10-07-2008, 22:10
Is there a way to record freeview and watch something else at the same time? Is there a box I can buy?

It's just the tv in my sitting room won't record freeview (even if you are watching it at the same time) and the one in my room has bad reception....this sucks a bit especially as uktv history has programmes that would be useful to record!

Thankyou in advance :D

Kim
10-07-2008, 23:32
Scart the box to a video player if you have 2 scart sockets on the freeview maybe? The ones with the built in hard discs or whatever are supposed to record.

Abigail
11-07-2008, 21:04
You need a twin tuner freeview recorder. They sell for about £80 depending on the size of the harddrive.

Twin tuner allows you to record one program and watch another at the same time or watch a recorded program and record another one.

Tesco are selling some of their off at the moment. Have a look online as they might be cheaper.

StarsOfCCTV
11-07-2008, 22:04
Thanks both of you.

I've been searching but I can't find a twin tuner that hasn't already got freeview built in. Will it matter if I plug it into my TV (which also has freeview built in)? :hmm:

Abigail
11-07-2008, 23:02
Dunno about that. You might be best going to Currys or another electrical store and asking them.

Abigail
20-07-2008, 21:43
I got a freeview recorder (http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.202-2438.aspx) today. It's a twin tuner. I really like it, I've already set my favourite programs to record for this week.

StarsOfCCTV
20-07-2008, 21:56
Cool! I haven't been to Currys yet I haven't had time! :p I might just ring them.

Timalay
24-07-2008, 11:45
Another thing too add is too look out for Freeview+ (formally known as Freeview Playback), that way will get you a sevice like Sky+ (Record one thing whilst watch another, Series Link, Live Pausing).