PDA

View Full Version : Ex-'Shameless' actor joins 'Enders

StarsOfCCTV
04-07-2008, 13:54
Ex-'Shameless' actor joins 'Enders

Former Shameless actor Chris Coghill has joined the cast of EastEnders.

The 34-year-old, who appeared as the character of Craig in the Manchester-based comedy, will play Bianca Jackson's (Patsy Palmer) current partner Tony King and will quickly become embroiled in the East-End soap's recently-announced child sex abuse storyline.

Tony found himself behind bars after being convicted of ABH for attacking a youngster who took a shine to his 15-year-old step-daughter Whitney Dean (Shona McGarty). When he's released from prison, however, his intentions towards her are not all they seem and it becomes evident that he is sexually abusing her. It soon transpires that his maltreatment of her has been going on for some time.

Bianca, however, is oblivious to everything, while Whitney is forced to deal with her situation in silence.

Speaking of his role, Coghill said: "This is the most challenging role I have had to play. But I hope by EastEnders tackling the sensitive issue of child abuse it can raise awareness."

His other acting credits include Holby Blue, Doctors, Hotel Babylon and The Bill.

Earlier this year, Maggie O'Neill - known for her role as Sheila Jackson in Shameless - also joined the Walford-based soap as Branning sibling, Suzy.

JustJodi
04-07-2008, 13:59
Bianca is so STUPID,, I can not believe there are such people out there who are so OBLIVIOUS to every thing that should be important around her.. she just infuriates me,, :angry:
I do hope that they are not living with Pat when he comes out cos Pat would sniff him out in a heart beat........:rolleyes:

Perdita
04-07-2008, 14:07
I thought he is playing Morgan's father but he is not coloured?!:confused:

JustJodi
04-07-2008, 15:21
I was not able to find any photos of the guy,,, you would have thought,,Morgan being a mixed race child Tony would be black ??? I am as confused as Peridta is here:confused:

can any one please post a photo of this actor, THANK YOU very much :love:

StarsOfCCTV
04-07-2008, 15:41
Here he is: http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/sparkle_w/01.jpg

Perdita
04-07-2008, 15:43
Chris Coghill for you ladies. :lol:

Bad Wolf
04-07-2008, 15:44
poor bloke - he is doing to be hated!!!!

still doest explain baby morgan tho????????

JustJodi
04-07-2008, 15:52
poor bloke - he is doing to be hated!!!!

still doest explain baby morgan tho????????

no it sure does not explain baby Morgan at all,, the new guy coming on is as white as Bianca is.....:searchme:

StarsOfCCTV
04-07-2008, 15:52
How long have Bianca and Tony been together?

JustJodi
04-07-2008, 15:53
I do not think it ever was mentioned, and WERE THEY ACTUALLY MARRIED ????????

Perdita
04-07-2008, 15:56

Well, Morgan is 3 years old so they must have been together at least around 4 years.

StarsOfCCTV
04-07-2008, 15:58
Hmm..so we don't actually know how long they've been together? They could have been together for only a year or they got together when she was already pregnant? Or they could've split up for a while and Bianca had a fling...:hmm:

Perdita
04-07-2008, 15:59
I do not think it ever was mentioned, and WERE THEY ACTUALLY MARRIED ????????

It was said that Bianca would return "as a single mother with a hoard of children in tow". On 18 March 2008, it was announced that her family would consist of Whitney Dean (Shona McGarty), the fifteen-year-old daughter of Bianca's deceased partner; Liam Butcher (James Forde), Bianca and Ricky's son who previously appeared in the serial; Tiffany Dean (Maisie Smith), Bianca's five-year-old daughter, named after Tiffany Mitchell; and Morgan Jackson-King (Devon Higgs), Bianca's three-year-old son who is "the most [spoilt] out of all of the kids".

I don't think they are married.

Perdita
04-07-2008, 16:03
Hmm..so we don't actually know how long they've been together? They could have been together for only a year or they got together when she was already pregnant? Or they could've split up for a while and Bianca had a fling...:hmm:

The boy's name is Morgan Jackson-King. Would he give his name to a child that is not his?:hmm: Unless he adopted Morgan? :confused:

di marco
04-07-2008, 18:56
i always thought morgan was tonys kid but obviously not if this guy is playing tony

di marco
04-07-2008, 19:01

The boy's name is Morgan Jackson-King. Would he give his name to a child that is not his?:hmm: Unless he adopted Morgan? :confused:

but if thats true, then wouldnt he have adopted tiffany as well?

Perdita
04-07-2008, 21:04
Perhaps they are preparing for a storyline with genetics, where after a couple of generations a child with different skin colour is being born if one or both parents were of mixed race. Perhaps Tony has had coloured ancestors. Can't think of anything else. :searchme:

di marco
04-07-2008, 21:37
Perhaps they are preparing for a storyline with genetics, where after a couple of generations a child with different skin colour is being born if one or both parents were of mixed race. Perhaps Tony has had coloured ancestors. Can't think of anything else. :searchme:

maybe, i dont really now much about genetics and skin colour. i know i read something somewhere once that a woman gave birth to twins and one was white and one was black, as she was white and her husband was black, never really understood how that actually worked but maybe its sort of the same thing? as i said i dont really know!

Perdita
04-07-2008, 21:42
That is what I was referring to, this can happen if a mixed relationship happened some generations ago. :eek:

Chloe O'brien
05-07-2008, 02:07
Once again the writers of EE have made a balls up of another storyline. I'm not saying that this actor coming in as Morgan's dad won't play the role well but I'm sure they could have found and actor of mixed race to convince the public that is Morgan's dad.

di marco
05-07-2008, 09:35
from ds:

'EastEnders' Morgan: Who's the Daddy?

Following yesterday's casting announcement of Tony King, many eagle-eyed readers will have one question on their lips: 'Who's Morgan's father?'

As we know, Bianca Jackson turned up earlier in the year with her brood of four children: Whitney (Shona McGarty), Liam (James Forde), Tiffany (Maisie Smith) and Morgan (Devon Higgs), who's mixed-race.

Whitney and half-sister Tiffany's father, Nathan, died in a car crash; Liam's father is Ricky Butcher (Sid Owen); and Bianca's telling everyone that Tony - her currently imprisoned boyfriend - is Morgan's father.

However, with the news that Chris Coghill has been cast in the role of Tony, it soon becomes clear to the residents of Walford that Morgan isn't his child at all.

A Walford source confirmed: "Tony isn't Morgan's father and the reasons behind the cover up will be revealed pretty soon after Tony's arrival."

inkyskin
05-07-2008, 19:52
morgans father was killed in a car accident (i think) and she met tony after.

I'm sure that's what bianca said when she was 1st back in the square.

di marco
05-07-2008, 20:11
morgans father was killed in a car accident (i think) and she met tony after.

I'm sure that's what bianca said when she was 1st back in the square.

no tiffany and whitneys father was killed in a car crash, bianca has always said that tony is morgans father

it says on the ee site that tony is morgans dad:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/characters_cast/characters/character_morgan_j-k.shtml

Looby_Lou
05-07-2008, 22:06
The only thing that makes sense is that Tony isn't really Morgan's Dad at all ... it's bound to lead onto another storyline in the future x

tammyy2j
11-07-2008, 22:56
He is HOT

Christopher Coghill is married to actress Lisa Faulkner

Is Tony suppose to be Morgan's dad cause Morgan is coloured??????????/

Perdita
12-07-2008, 07:30
He is HOT

Christopher Coghill is married to actress Lisa Faulkner

Is Tony suppose to be Morgan's dad cause Morgan is coloured??????????/

All will be revealed in the upcoming storyline, he is not the biological dad though, that is for sure.

owenlee4me
13-07-2008, 14:41
I think some people live in glass houses:wub: and don't realise that the world out there is full of nasty horrible devious people who know just what to say and do, and how to keep people quiet!

For Biance to know what is happeing to her daughter, she would have to stick beside her like a magnet, and that is never going to happen.

Child abusers are clever maniuplative sneaky people, that is how they get away with abusing (until they are caught of course)

It would be so good if we could all go around our happy little lives thinking everyone around our kids is a decent person, sadly that is not the case, and if you meet a bloke who you love, then you don't want to think he is capable of that.

But when Biance does find out, well that will be fantastic!!!!:angry:

StarsOfCCTV
13-07-2008, 16:50
I agree with you there, Bianca can't be blamed for not noticing. It's like Roxy not noticing what a nasty man Archie is.