PDA

View Full Version : A Pot Of Bother In Corrie

Perdita
01-07-2008, 20:46
BETTY’S famous hotpots could soon taste different if locals succeed in changing the filling to OSTRICH meat.

The best-known grub in soapland comes under attack when residents complain about their fat content.

Some locals even blame the meaty treat for causing kebab seller Jerry Morton (Michael Starke, 50) to have a heart attack.

Rovers barmaid Betty Williams (Betty Driver, 88) is horrified her decades-old secret recipe is being brought into question after Jerry’s ex-wife Teresa Bryant (Karen Henthorn, 44) storms: “All that fatty meat in your hotpots has hardened my Jerry’s arteries and was probably the reason for his heart attack.”

Butcher Ashley Peacock (Steven Arnold, 33) stirs the situation by saying: “It looks like ostrich meat is soon going to replace all our fatty foods. It’s really low fat and has hardly any cholesterol at all.”

Betty replies: “We spend a fortune with you every week.

“But if you say your meat is going to kill my customers, then we’ll take our business elsewhere.”

An insider said: “Writers thought it was time for Betty’s traditional hotpots to come under scrutiny. But she takes it very personally!”

From Daily Star

Katy
01-07-2008, 21:40
or poor betty. (shes 88 in real life, she looks good)

LostVoodoo
01-07-2008, 21:52
i know, 88 is well good for still being on TV and in good health etc. hope i'm still knocking about like that when i'm her age.

methinks it wasn't the hotpots that made KEBAB SHOP OWNER Jerry get fat...

senorita
01-07-2008, 21:52
Poor Betty, her hotpots are legendary!

Betty Driver looks superb for 88. Acting is such a tiring profession - learning lines, waiting for your scene to be ready etc.

Chloe O'brien
03-07-2008, 23:38
If Betty's hotpots were too fatty then there would be loads of other Corrie folk having weight problems. Leave Betty's Hotpots alone.