PDA

View Full Version : Yolande

crazygirl
17-01-2006, 12:19
cant wait to see that :lol: pat and patrick affair starts next week or the week after its in whats on tv magazine :sick:

Debbie Meadows
17-01-2006, 12:21
Do they really have an affair ? I read theay fall out over the car lot!

Angeltigger
17-01-2006, 12:24
Yeah that what i heard that they fall out over the car lot

crazygirl
17-01-2006, 12:37
it says in 'whats on tv' magazine pat is attracted toused car dealers she married both frank & roy. she's set to turn on the charm with new car lot manager patrick

willsmummy
17-01-2006, 12:56
Ew. I will have to watch with my vom bucket by my side

crazygirl
17-01-2006, 13:17
Ew. I will have to watch with my vom bucket by my side :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dddMac1
18-01-2006, 15:09
had a feeling it would happen

.:SpIcYsPy:.
18-01-2006, 18:55
This is going to be good :rotfl: Pat slapping Yolande I mean!!...

di marco
18-01-2006, 19:40
why does pat slap yolande?

Chloe O'brien
18-01-2006, 19:44
it's just another regrudguation of the frank/pat/roy fiasco I mean come on can't they come up with something better than that

i_luv_dennis
18-01-2006, 20:28
oh my god i cant wait to see it another cat fight

Carrie Bradshaw
20-01-2006, 11:48
Pat and Patrick? That does makes me chuckle. What are everyone's suggestions for the next ridiculous couple?

Siobhan
20-01-2006, 11:50
I can't see Pat and Patrick getting together.. I reckon Yolande slaps her for something different altogether. After all Patrick is going away for a while and leaving Pat in charge, maybe she does or says something about Patrick that annoys Yolande.. Patrick is not even shown signs that he fancies pat

Kim
20-01-2006, 16:09
I didn't think it would, but after seeing recent happenings at the car lot I think it will.

the_watts_rule
20-01-2006, 18:22
I think this should be funny

Dutchgirl
05-02-2006, 20:44
3 February 2006
SCORING A PAT-TRICK
http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/m2/feb2006/4/5/00011718-6210-13E3-A1E70C01AC1BF814.jpg
Fat Pat gets a triple servicing from Patrick after he sacks her from the car lot and then begs her to return

Even a lonely 63-year-old woman has her 'needs', and any man who chooses to attend to Fat Pat's really should be paid danger money.

She has four husbands either dead or divorced to her name, countless affairs behind her, and - when she slips into that giant white fur coat - looks like a ferocious polar bear rampaging hungrily around Albert Square.

Then there are her dangly bits. And those pendulous earrings are liable to knock any suitor out for the count should she get carried away.

So spare a thought for that rum-drinking Caribbean lady killer Patrick. After Yolande forces him to sack Pat from the car lot, they discover that they do need her services.

"He can't shift cars to save 'is life," Pat scoffs at them in the Vic. ''E couldn't sell hot dogs at the North Pole."

According to his formidable wife, he must do his best to persuade Pat to return to her job. "Bribe, the woman," Yolande orders. "Flatter her, charm her. Do whatever it takes. Be inventive. Just do it, Patrick."

Bedding her on Tuesday wasn't on the list, but it does the job as he lays under her duvet, still wearing his Trilby.

"Awright, Tiger," Pat growls. "Ready for round two?"

Played for laughs, Pam St Clement is excellent as the insatiable Pat. They do it in the Portakabin on Thursday, and then back in her house on Friday - with him enticed there by a promise of 'whipped cream and pineapple rings'. Now that's what you'd call a Pat-trick...

"So I'm just a notch on your bedpost, am I?" he asks.

"Worth gettin' the penknife out for," she smirks. "You know, there's sumfing abaht a man in a string vest that brings out the worst in me."

Meanwhile, the sensual Yolande also has her desires and, if bed-hopping was an Olympic sport, marathon man Patrick would score gold...

Soapbox, Mirror

JustJodi
05-02-2006, 21:11
Yea a STRING VEST,, only Patrick wears those sorta things.. I mean I remember my ex husband wearing one way back in the 80's yikes..Doesn't exactly LOOK tooo bad on Patrick LOL

DaVeyWaVey
07-02-2006, 19:15
I can't see Pat and Patrick getting together.. I reckon Yolande slaps her for something different altogether. After all Patrick is going away for a while and leaving Pat in charge, maybe she does or says something about Patrick that annoys Yolande.. Patrick is not even shown signs that he fancies pat

I don't think Patrick does fancy Pat and the same for Pat for that matter. I think they are just doing it for fun and not thinking of the consequences. It's definetly happening though. I can't wait for Yolande to slap Pat! :D

bradfordbull10
08-02-2006, 11:28
i love the way eastie does this, for a few months pats the caring, understanding shoulder to cry on for the strays of the square, then they switch her to being the slapper

twinkle_eyes83
08-02-2006, 14:19
its the same as what happened with roy and frank they were used car dealers but it should be good and its not the first time pat has had a slap

eastenders mad
08-02-2006, 14:28
i read in all about soap that Stacey sees patrick buying sexy lingrie then later sees Pat and patrick kissing in the Car lot cabin.
Then she goes in the Queen Victoria pub and tells Yolande but she doesn't believe her.
Then after Pat is in the Queen Vic and Yolande comes in and slaps pat.

diamond1
08-02-2006, 16:09
heres a brand new spoiler

"next time pat and patrick have another scene involving sex im gonna be sick

sources say the digestive system can take only so much and millions of people have only just got over frank and his spinning bow tie and this takes the biscuit -literally

so be warned bowel changing scenes only on bbc1 this febuary"

sorry if this has already been posted

dddMac1
08-02-2006, 16:17
don't blame Yorlande for slapping Pat

crazygirl
10-02-2006, 16:00
i saw a clip on this morning today and patrick was buying this rather large sexy black number with 'sex kitten' on the front and the lads are taking thi mick

crazygirl
16-02-2006, 16:18
sharon marshell said today that stacey tells yolande about the affair!!

di marco
16-02-2006, 17:16

yeh she does that on friday i think, i read it in one of the tv mags

JustJodi
16-02-2006, 17:21

Well we can expect a wedding and fireworks the same nite, cool !! on another note Stacey is a "blabber mouth", not sure what she expects to gain by telling:searchme:

crazygirl
16-02-2006, 17:39
oh cool friday is going to be a good episode then!

Siobhan
20-02-2006, 15:38
I think this can be closed. Pat has slapped yolande twice and the last slap from yolande is tonight.

moonstorm
30-06-2008, 11:23
Source: The Voice

POPULAR EastEnders character Yolande Trueman is to be axed from the series The Voice can exclusively reveal.

Actress Angela Wynter wig days are numbered as producers have decided to terminate the Rastafarian actress’ contract, claiming they have run out of storyline ideas for her Albert Square character, Yolande.

In an exclusive interview with The Voice, Wynter, who has been in the popular BBC soap drama for five years, revealed that she is not sad to leave. She is, however, disappointed with the producer’s excuse for why her character has to be axed.

“I’m not unhappy to leave EastEnders because life is about changes and new beginnings, but I am unhappy about the producers reasoning in how they came to their decision because you can always write stories for people to act,” said Wynter.

“As I told my boss, I am pleased with the work I did in playing Yolande because I made her as believable as possible. As the years progressed Yolande has become a part of the fabric of EastEnders and the wider community who people recognised to be an ultra, super representative of themselves – aunts, sisters and mothers.

“My eyes almost fill every time people tell me how much they love Yolande, because it really makes me appreciate the responsibility that I have been carrying in getting her role right,” Wynter said.

“If it has to end, let it finish on a good note rather then her character becoming weak due to the producers.”

Yolande, the character Wynter based on her sister Merlene who passed away six years ago, arrived on the Square on September 16, 2003, as Patrick Trueman’s love interest after a holiday in Trinidad.

Yolande’s authentic Jamaican accent and assertive, sassy attitude was an instant hit with viewers, especially within the African-Caribbean community.

The holiday romance between Yolande and Patrick, played by Rudolph Walker, developed and they soon became Britain’s most loved black TV couple.

Wynter said she is unable to spill the beans about how Yolande will exit the soap, or what will happen to her beloved husband.

“I can’t tell you anything about how I will be leaving, except for the fact that if I do return I won’t be coming back as a ghost.”

Asked whether or not Patrick will rekindle his relationship with Pat Butcher, Wynter vigorously shook her head, which she perfectly wraps when not playing Yolande.

“Lord God, please, no,” exclaimed the mother of two. “That would be such a disappointment, because it’s imperative to see healthy black couples on screen.

“Patrick and Yolande’s marriage is the only representation of a black union on British TV, which I am very proud to have played.”

Some might wonder whether Wynter is being axed because, following the arrival of Don Gilet, who plays the character Chelsea’s long lost father, Lucas Johnson, EastEnders have exceeded its black quota.

“At the end of the day, everything runs on a quota system,” said the 50-year-old actress. “Presently there are a few black and Asian actors and although it has not been said there could be some truth within that statement.

“If this is true, I am not hurt because I accept that fact that I live in England and it is not ‘our’ TV station where we can be over-weighted with black or Asian actors and have guest appearances from Caucasian actors – because ‘we’ are the guest.”

tammyy2j
30-06-2008, 12:11
So they axe Yolande keep Patrick ???????

They should axe Chelesa she is terrible and even Denise and Libby they have no storylines

StarsOfCCTV
30-06-2008, 12:40
Why are they axing all the good characters and keeping all the boring annoying ones who can't act? First Honey now Yolande....who's next...Peggy?

Chris_2k11
30-06-2008, 13:13
Ah the usual "run out of ideas for the character" excuse :rolleyes: ridiculous decision, Yolande can actually be great when shes given something decent to act out. shes never used properly though, all we do is see her behind the shop counter and thats it.

Perdita
30-06-2008, 14:58
I think she has been great and the only one that has given a lot of support to the young ones, taken them in off the street etc. and I think her and Patrick make a great couple. I belive this is a little laziness by the scriptwriters not giving her better things to deal with. I shall miss her. :(

spiffin
30-06-2008, 23:24
Oh, thank god!! that character seriously does my head in!!! :wall:

CrazyLea
30-06-2008, 23:32
Why are they axing all the good characters and keeping all the boring annoying ones who can't act? First Honey now Yolande....who's next...Peggy?

Talking of Honey.. has she gone already?? Cause I not seen her in AGES?

Perdita
01-07-2008, 06:12
EASTENDERS actress Angela Wynter has blasted bosses for her “weak” storylines after being axed from the soap.

Angela, 50, who plays Yolande Trueman, has been given the bullet after five years in Walford.

She hit out after claiming producers told her she had to go because they couldn’t think up good storylines for her.

Angela said: “I’m not unhappy to leave because life is about changes and new beginnings, but I’m unhappy about the producers’ reasoning . . . you can always write stories for people to act.

“As I told my boss, I am pleased with the work I did playing Yolande because I made her as believable as possible.
“If it has to end, let it be on a good note rather then her character becoming weak due to the producers.”

Angela first arrived as the love interest of Patrick Trueman (Rudolph Walker).

They had a holiday fling in Trinidad and wed after setting up home.

She said: “Patrick and Yolande’s marriage is the only representation of a black union on British TV, which I am very proud to have played.”

The star — who said she didn’t know how she would be written out — told The Voice newspaper: “At the end of the day, everything runs on a quota system.”

EastEnders yesterday denied the BBC operated an “ethnicity quota system”.

Rastafarian Angela backed the decision by bosses to keep Rudolph in the show — and agreed she may be making way after the arrival of fellow black actors Don Gilet (Lucas Johnson) and Chelsea Fox (Tiana Benjamin).

sindydoll
01-07-2008, 06:46
i like Yolande! who's going to sort problems out now :crying:

Dr. Tangliss
01-07-2008, 07:22
I'm glad she's going, I liked her character when she first appeared on EE but now I think she's an interfering so-and-so. I also think Chelsea should go, her voice grates on me and the actress who plays her can't act!

JustJodi
01-07-2008, 13:58
if EE/BBC is indeed operated by a “ethnicity quota system”. then the Massoods are next for the axe?? seems like EE/BBC are trying to keep a token asian and token black in their shows,, it makes them a bit RACIAL:searchme:

Ruffed_lemur
01-07-2008, 18:35
It's a pity they have to split up another marriage, unless she goes away to care for some sick relative or friend.

StarsOfCCTV
01-07-2008, 19:00
Or be killed off :S

Perdita
01-07-2008, 19:05
I hope there will not be any more killing off,
Sean is supposedly going to die, Liam in Corrie and probably Jerry too, we just had a death in HO too,
I would like to see a little bit of happiness for a while and succesful relationships. Too many killings going on in the real world :(

lizann
20-03-2017, 21:13
is she coming back full time or was that a once off only?

Perdita
24-05-2017, 05:35
is she coming back full time or was that a once off only?

According to Digital Spy:

When: Spring/Summer 2017

More info: Yolande briefly returned in March for Denise Fox's ill-fated meeting at Minute Mart HQ, but EastEnders' recent trailer confirmed that she'll be back again soon.

As Yolande's appearance in the trailer was so blink-and-you'll-miss-it, there's not much other storyline detail at the moment, but we'll be keeping our eyes peeled for her return.

anzyh
24-05-2017, 21:59
I reckon she'll end up being Denise's birth mother

lizann
25-05-2017, 00:11
I reckon she'll end up being Denise's birth mother

good theory

lizann
29-06-2023, 22:10
she is returning

Perdita
02-08-2023, 04:21
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/a44704940/eastenders-yolande-trueman-return/

EastEnders has revealed the full details on Yolande Trueman's return to Albert Square, as Angela Wynter reprises the role for Patrick Trueman's homecoming.

Fans will remember that Patrick temporarily left the soap in March in hopes of finding and rekindling his romance with his former wife Yolande.

In scenes set to air next week, Wynter ? who starred in the soap as a regular from 2003 to 2008 ? will return as Yolande as Patrick reappears in the square.

When Kim recruits Patrick to dish out love advice in her latest 'Kimfluencer' video, a reluctant Patrick is interrupted by a special visitor: Yolande.

After telling Patrick her boyfriend Anton has thrown her out, Yolande asks to stay with him. But Patrick is unsure, causing Yolande to storm off.

Kim asks Patrick why he isn't fighting to win Yolande back, and Denise tries to convince Yolande to stay.

Following a heart-to-heart with Yolande, Denise tells Patrick to take a chance and tell Yolande how much she means to him before she leaves to go back to Birmingham ? and a man she doesn't truly love.

After going to the launderette to talk, Patrick and Yolande consider if they belong in each other's future.

Talking about reprising her iconic role, Wynter said: "It's really nice. I love the character. I'm really pleased to get the chance to play her again."

When asked how it feels to work with Patrick actor Rudolph Walker again, she said: "Heaven as usual. We have a lovely time filming, and I'm looking forward to exploring their relationship, especially as an older woman now.

"I'm looking forward to exploring seeing if they can grow old together, where the gentleness is, where the fragility is. It's nice to show an older, loving and sometimes sassy couple growing older together. I'm interested in the family dynamic and how Yolande will fit into the family and the larger community outside the family."

lizann
26-03-2024, 01:10
EastEnders to explore sexual harassment in Yolande Trueman and Pastor Clayton story

lizann
08-04-2024, 20:39
In an upcoming hour-long episode, set to air on Wednesday, April 17, Pastor Clayton will sexually assault Yolande.

lizann
30-04-2024, 03:09
a special two hander episode with just patrick and yolande happening in may