PDA

View Full Version : Robin Hood Spoilers

lizann
26-06-2008, 10:57
Source Mirror.Co.UK

Bond baddie Toby Stephens is taking on Robin Hood in the BBC drama.

Toby, 39 - Gustav Graves in Die Another Day - plays King John in the third series now filming in Hungary. A source said: "Toby's character is an egocentric maniac."

Keith Allen will play the Sheriff of Nottingham and Jonas Armstrong, Robin. It is set to start in January.

Chloe O'brien
28-06-2008, 01:51
It normally starts in September/October time. There's also another rumour flying around that Keith Allen will be killed off this series.

Debs
28-06-2008, 09:12
It normally starts in September/October time. There's also another rumour flying around that Keith Allen will be killed off this series.

:eek: :eek: really?? oh i hope not, he is sooo funny!

as long as they dont kill off guy im happy!!

pookie1968uk
28-06-2008, 14:49
i hope they dont kill off guy and the sheriff! i need my fix of richard armitage but keith allen is so funny and brilliant in this series, he really lifts it and helps make up for a few other weaknesses in it.

Chloe O'brien
29-06-2008, 00:09
Calm down girls we will not be starved of our Richard Armitage fix. He is replacing Rupert in the new series of Spooks, which will be aired in the Autumn so he will be on our screens twice a week :wub:

Debs you be careful we aint playing midwife when he's on.:D

Debs
29-06-2008, 09:43
Calm down girls we will not be starved of our Richard Armitage fix. He is replacing Rupert in the new series of Spooks, which will be aired in the Autumn so he will be on our screens twice a week :wub:

Debs you be careful we aint playing midwife when he's on.:D

:lol:

id forgotten about spooks!! :cheer: :cheer:

lizann
06-11-2008, 14:42
Former Coronation Street actor Ian Reddington will appear in the next series of Robin Hood.

The 51-year-old, who played Vernon Tomlin in the ITV soap, told The Sun: "I'm going to be popping up with my bow and arrow in Robin Hood next year.

"I've had to grow a shaggy beard, which is really itchy and untidy."

Shameless actor Dean Lennox Kelly is also joining the cast of the BBC drama.

Reddington admitted that he missed working on a soap, but said he is looking forward to teaming up with his friend Kelly.

lizann
06-11-2008, 14:43
Jonas Armstrong is to step down as the lead in Robin Hood at the end of the next series.

The actor will depart in what is being billed as an "explosive, nail-biting finale" to series three, currently being filmed in Budapest.

Although Armstrong, 27, is leaving, the door will be left open for the series to continue should it be recommissioned. "Jonas leaving the show doesn't mean the end of Robin Hood," a spokeswoman told Digital Spy. "Robin Hood is more than a man - he is a hero and a legend - so how the legacy unfolds after he leaves is in itself mysterious and is guaranteed to make fans desperate to find out what happens next."

Of his decision to leave, Armstrong said: "Over the last three years I have met some wonderful people and have only amazing memories to take with me. I'm grateful to the fans for their support, but the time has come to take on new challenges and look at new opportunities."

The new series is expected to air on BBC One from January 2009.

Debs
06-11-2008, 17:01
hmmm robin hood without marian will be strange but robin hood without erm robon hood??? how can that work??

but roll on series 3!!

lizann
06-11-2008, 17:02
Is Richard Armitage (Guy) leaving?

Debs
06-11-2008, 17:53
Is Richard Armitage (Guy) leaving?

gawd hope not, i love watching robin hood for guy in his leathers :lol:

heard rumours kieth allen was leaving end of this series too! They couldnt do a 4th serie surely?

Chloe O'brien
06-11-2008, 20:59
I think this may be the last series, with Richard Armitage in spooks now and Kieth Allen rumoured to be leaving they can't really keep it going.

Perdita
01-03-2009, 08:20
Robin Hood finally returns for its third series in short order and with Marian, Will and Djaq all history, there are some new openings in Robin's gang.

When we rejoin the action, it's been three months since Marian died - and Robin is a seriously depressed man.

Then along comes Friar Tuck to save him, reinvigorate him and help him remember why he does what he does.

Tuck is going to be a major player in this series of Hood and in many ways he'll be a match for the outgoing Robin.

Meanwhile Locksley villager Kate gets caught up with the gang in episode two after she objects to her brother's forced conscription. Before too long she's a fully paid-up merry man - and she'll be setting many a heart aflutter...

More Robin Hood news soon!

Debs
02-03-2009, 12:23
i cannot wait for this to return, its been to long without it!

lizann
19-03-2009, 15:19
The Sheriff agrees to sell all local men to Finn, the rightful King of Ireland, who wants them to help liberate Ireland, as Robin Hood, starring Jonas Armstrong, Richard Armitage, Keith Allen, David Harewood and Joanne Froggatt (who joins the cast as Kate) continues.

Kate is a feisty village girl who tries to save her younger brother, Matthew, from the conscription being imposed by the Sheriff of Nottingham, but her sibling still gets caught by Gisborne and his henchmen. Now she has endangered herself, but she escapes and Robin manages to save her.

Kate joins the Outlaws as they try – and fail – to save the conscripts. Robin is caught, shackled and taken to the Castle, though his identity remains unknown. Tuck takes control and concludes they'll have to launch an ambush, as Robin is transported.

Kate, however, sneaks inside the Castle but she's recognised by Gisborne, who says her brother will hang. To save him, Kate tells Gisborne that Robin is with the conscripts.

Robin leads the village men in a fight for freedom but they get trapped. Gisborne kills Kate's brother and goes for Robin, but the Sheriff wants him to suffer a slow death and locks him in the vault.

Finn is impressed by Robin and wants them to join forces to destroy Prince John. Robin rejects the offer, but Finn still tries to break him out, only to be betrayed by his brother, Tiernan.

Kate tells the Outlaws about Robin, who prioritises his rescue. Kate reluctantly realises she must help Robin.

The Sheriff and Tiernan leave to transport the conscripts to the coast. Meanwhile, in the dungeon, the appearance of a mouse shows Robin a loose stone, which he and Finn manage to dislodge in order to escape. They speed to the coast road to help rescue the conscripts where the Outlaws launch an arrow attack. Gisborne and the Sheriff meet Prince John's men who are expecting payment. Instead, the Sheriff gives them Gisborne.

Kate's paid her debt for turning Robin in; now she never wants to see him again. Robin announces the day is coming when they will fight to overthrow the injustice in England.

lizann
19-03-2009, 15:21
The Outlaws return from the Holy Land and Robin breaks up the gang – all he wants is to avenge Marian's death – as Robin Hood, starring Jonas Armstrong, Richard Armitage, Keith Allen and David Harewood, who joins the cast as Tuck, returns for a new series.

Robin races to Locksley Manor, alone, to confront Gisborne, and an epic battle commences. The Outlaws arrive as Gisborne throws Robin into the river, far below.

Sir Jasper arrives at the castle with a message from Prince John. He blames the Sheriff for the bungled assassination and demands 1,000 crowns a month and the body of Robin Hood, just as Gisborne enters to announce he has killed Hood.

Tuck, a travelling monk, saves Robin from the river. Robin tries to leave but Tuck knocks him out and ties him up, determined that he'll rest. Tuck tells him that Robin Hood is the only hope the people of England have left.

The Sheriff sends Gisborne to Locksley, and Sir Jasper suggests they try to locate Hood's loot, instead. They torture Much, who says he'll take him to a fictional loot. Luckily, Little John and Allan are outside the castle and rescue him right under the Sheriff's nose.

Tuck shows Robin how much the people need him, but all Robin cares about is revenge – even if it means getting killed in the process. Tuck needs a new plan. He needs to take drastic action and risk everything. So Tuck tells Gisborne that Hood's body is buried at Dead Man's Crossing, while also telling the Outlaws that Robin lives and wants to meet them at the same place. Tuck watches, secretly, as the Outlaws are captured by Gisborne.

Robin realises he must return to being Robin Hood. He must save his men. Luckily, Tuck has a master plan and, with the help of Tuck and an eclipse, Robin saves his men. He then confronts Gisborne but, instead of killing him, Robin realises a far worse punishment is to leave him living in hell.

tammyy2j
29-03-2009, 20:55
Its not the same without Marion, Will and Jack :thumbsdow

Chloe O'brien
29-03-2009, 23:47

You don't need them when you've got HOT Gisborne in tight leather pants. :wub:

Debs
30-03-2009, 09:39

You don't need them when you've got HOT Gisborne in tight leather pants. :wub:

Couldnt agree more! i was watching and couldnt stop drooling :lol: :wub:

i was wondering how it would be withoiut marian but it didnt really :wub: make much difference to me!

was a great start to the 3rd series but i do have one complaint, what was going on with the moon??? one minute we were eeing a full round moon the next robin stand up ontop iof castle to talk to crowd and a half moon is seen right next to him!!! did they not notice that before it went out :lol:

cant wait till next week

annette_tr9
02-04-2009, 12:19
the costumes are better this series i think, perhaps they got a bigger budget!!

Tuck is brilliant!!!

lizann
05-04-2009, 00:39
Saturday 18 April 2009

Gisborne has yet to return to Nottingham. The grasping Sheriff, meanwhile, is after more loot and so hires a new tax collector, Ruthless Rufus, who arrives with his son, Edmund, to witness Robin and the Outlaws attack the Sheriff's men.

To prove his hard-man credentials, Rufus storms into Locksley village and throws his weight around and smashes up Kate's family's pottery and kiln. Kate fights back and is forced to accompany bully boy Rufus to Locksley Manor, his new home. Much and Robin arrive and save her, but also succeed in getting her outlawed.

Robin decides they will have to kidnap Rufus, although their ambush doesn't quite go to plan. Kate and Allan are taken captive by Rufus but Robin captures Edmund. Rufus demands that his son is returned by midday and says if this happens then maybe Robin's cohorts will still be breathing.

Elsewhere, Kate and Allan are held prisoner in the butcher's shop – which Rufus has claimed as his own. Robin searches Locksley Manor, while Tuck interrogates Edmund. A meat hook reminds Little John where he recognises Rufus from.

Rufus forces Scrope, the Sheriff's treasurer, to secretly work for him. Scrope persuades the Sheriff to loan his troops to the Earl of Northumberland, allowing Rufus to raid the treasury. The Sheriff discovers he's been robbed and, without a second thought, kills Scrope and charges off to the butcher's shop.

Meanwhile, back in the forest, Edmund explains to Tuck that Rufus's father was killed by the Sheriff and confesses that the butcher's shop is his father's hideout – where he's holding Kate and Allan.

A confrontation ensues between Robin and his gang, the Sheriff and Rufus and Edmund, and terrible truths are revealed.

lizann
05-04-2009, 00:41
Easter Saturday 11 April 2009 Spoiler

The Sheriff learns that the Abbot is guilty of an heretical act as the drama starring Jonas Armstrong, Richard Armitage, Keith Allen, David Harewood and Joanne Froggatt continues. Seeing an opportunity, the Sheriff blackmails the religious dignitary and forces him to help bring down Robin Hood.

Robin and the Outlaws arrive in Locksley to hear the Abbot demanding that the villagers turn Robin in. Tuck is determined to confront the Abbot but is arrested.

The Sheriff rides in with a tortured Tuck, announcing that if the villagers don't want the same fate, they must turn Hood in.

The Sheriff then sends the Abbot to persuade Tuck to betray Robin. But Tuck remains resolute and asks why the Abbot has abandoned the fight for good. Tuck is amazed by the answer. The Abbot's heresy is that he is translating the Bible into English – an act which will change the known world. Even for such a prize, Tuck won't betray Robin. The Abbot has no alternative, Tuck must die. Robin, however, has other ideas...

As Tuck is about to be publicly put on the rack, Robin and the Outlaws orchestrate a dramatic rescue attempt. In the confusion, the Outlaws and Tuck escape.

Tuck explains why the Abbot is seemingly working with the Sheriff. Robin, Much and Little John confront the Sheriff and Robin appeals to the Abbot to tell the truth but he refuses and they are arrested.

The gang are tied to the stake and the despicable Sheriff holds aloft a flaming torch.

tammyy2j
12-04-2009, 12:29
Keith Allen will not return for a fourth series of Robin Hood, he has announced.

The actor has decided to pursue new projects after playing the Sheriff of Nottingham on the BBC One drama since its launch in 2006.

Speaking to the South Wales Evening Post, Allen explained: "I doubt I'll go back for a fourth series if they do one - it's boring to work on now. I've done three series, and I'd like to move on to something else."

He added: "The work I've done on it has been brilliant, though. I've enjoyed all three series a huge amount, they've been excellent.

"But there's lots of different aspects to performance, and I want to try different things."

Lead actor Jonas Armstrong has already announced that the current series will be his last.

Though a fourth run has not been ruled out, the BBC has not yet commissioned new episodes of the programme.

lizann
15-04-2009, 13:07
A beautiful and aristocratic woman, Isabella, gallops into the forest, hotly pursued by sinister men on horseback, as the drama continues. Just as they are about to pounce, Robin Hood rescues her, but not before she's shown herself to be no push-over.

Elsewhere, Gisborne returns triumphant from the court of Prince John. Armed with a formidable troop of elite soldiers and instructions from his new royal master to kill Robin Hood, Gisborne is contemptuous of the Sheriff – he doesn't need the patronage of the mere Sheriff of Nottingham, who he reminds is still in Prince John's bad books for debts unpaid.

Before long, skirmishes break out throughout the forest as Gisborne and his men battle with the hooded heroes. When Little John is separated from the others, he finds himself going undercover with Bertha of Bath; the larger-than-life but questionable promoter of a cohort of gladiators who are on their way to perform in Nottingham.

Back in the forest it seems like Gisborne could finally have Hood in his clutches, but at the moment of capture, Isabella reveals that she is his sister and Robin gets away. Gisborne is incensed with Isabella for fraternising with the enemy, but she pleads innocence and throws herself upon his mercy. As a humiliated Gisborne returns to Nottingham Castle to face the Sheriff's wrath, it becomes clear that all is not well between Gisborne and his little sister.

annette_tr9
19-04-2009, 22:40
i couldnt watch this weeks episode without contantly being reminded that charlie stubbs was in it..............

Chloe O'brien
19-04-2009, 23:10
Former EastEnders star Rob Kazinsky is being lined up to replace Jonas Armstrong in Robin Hood, it has been claimed.
The actor, who played Walford womaniser Sean Slater from 2006 to early 2009, is expected to take over in the lead role when filming for the fourth series begins later this year.
Armstrong announced (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a119831/jonas-armstrong-to-leave-robin-hood.html) that he was stepping down as leader of the Merry Men in August 2008. His final series is currently airing on Saturday nights on BBC One.
An insider told the Daily Star Sunday: "Bosses think [Rob] will be a perfect like-for-like replacement. He is known for always having stubble and looks rough and ready, just like Jonas.
"So he'd be the ideal candidate for taking on the mantle and has a track record as a hard man. He is the ideal choice."
Keith Allen, who plays the Sheriff of Nottingham on the programme, also recently confirmed (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a152498/keith-allen-quits-robin-hood.html) that he will not return for series four.

tammyy2j
20-04-2009, 10:19
Former EastEnders star Rob Kazinsky is being lined up to replace Jonas Armstrong in Robin Hood, it has been claimed.
The actor, who played Walford womaniser Sean Slater from 2006 to early 2009, is expected to take over in the lead role when filming for the fourth series begins later this year.
Armstrong announced (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a119831/jonas-armstrong-to-leave-robin-hood.html) that he was stepping down as leader of the Merry Men in August 2008. His final series is currently airing on Saturday nights on BBC One.
An insider told the Daily Star Sunday: "Bosses think [Rob] will be a perfect like-for-like replacement. He is known for always having stubble and looks rough and ready, just like Jonas.
"So he'd be the ideal candidate for taking on the mantle and has a track record as a hard man. He is the ideal choice."
Keith Allen, who plays the Sheriff of Nottingham on the programme, also recently confirmed (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a152498/keith-allen-quits-robin-hood.html) that he will not return for series four.

Personally i think this show should end - this season so far is crap and i cant see the show working without Robin Hood and the Sheriff :thumbsdow

parkerman
21-04-2009, 09:24
Yes, I agree, time for the final curtain on this series I think.

annette_tr9
22-04-2009, 12:37
it will be like an entire new program...why dont they just end this one and do a spin off??