PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler Liam's Exit

lizann
26-06-2008, 10:53
Source Mirror.Co.UK

Corrie's heart-throb factory boss Liam Connor is to be brutally murdered.

ITV1 soap bosses are to keep secret how Liam - played by actor Rob James Collier - will be killed off and which character is finally charged.

They are to take the unprecendented step of filming three ways he will die - with three different arrests.

A source said: "Rob actually wanted his character to be killed off - a bit like Phil Middlemisss did when he also wanted the demise of his character, bookie Des Barnes.

"But at the same time it provides us with the fantastic opportunity to give the viewers some sensational TV. The producers are rubbing their hands at the prospect of the whole murder scenario.

"People are sad to see Rob go as he is such a lovely bloke. But he was adamant that he wanted to leave."

Rob, 31 - voted sexiest male at the British Soap Awards - left TV chiefs reeling earlier this year when he announced he wanted to quit.

He joined the Street in 2006 but feared being typecast.

But there will be plenty of suspects for his killing. Liam has been involved in a tangled love triangle with scheming sister-in-law Carla (Alison King) and wife Maria (Samia Smith).

But who dunn it will not be revealed until the autumn.

Chloe O'brien
26-06-2008, 11:05
It will be Tony the nutter that does him in when he finds out that Carla loves Liam more than him.

Perdita
26-06-2008, 17:42
Awww, I had hoped he just leaves Maria, taking Ozzie with him to start a new life somewhere else and maybe come back a millionnaire or so. (I can dream, can't I :lol: ) So who is going to leave at the end of the year or in a year's time (usually does not take this long in soapland for murderers to be found out!), that person will be the killer. :(

Chris_2k11
26-06-2008, 19:10
omg bit drastic, should be good though

DaVeyWaVey
26-06-2008, 19:57
Liam and Carla are in bed together. Maria walks in and catches them in the act. Maria drags Carla onto the street by the hair and they have a massive catfight in the Street. Everyone watches as the action unfolds but the fight is eventually broken up. Maria heads back up to the flat where Liam tries to explain himself. Filled with anger, Maria grabs a blunt instrument and hits Liam across the head with it. Liam drops to the floor and Maria panics. She runs out of the flat, believing she has killed Liam. Walking around aimlessly in the street, Tony emerges from the factory and sees an upset Maria. Maria breaks down in tears and tells him that she has killed Liam. Tony is shocked and tells Maria to wait where she is, whilst he goes to the flat to check if Liam has a pulse and is still alive. Maria waits where she is. Tony heads up to the flat where he sees Liam slowly coming conscious again. He seizes his opportunity and hits Liam with the blunt instrument again, killing him. Tony heads back to see Maria and breaks the news that she has murdered Liam...

Perdita
27-06-2008, 06:08
Sounds familiar ......... :hmm: :lol: :lol:

tammyy2j
27-06-2008, 10:54
Its a shame Liam is leaving he will be missed i wish annoying Carla, Michelle and Maria were leaving instead.

So Michelle loses two Connor Brothers since she moved

Ruffed_lemur
27-06-2008, 18:42
Sounds familiar ......... :hmm: :lol: :lol:

Yep, Neighbours did that. Pretty good though!

LostVoodoo
27-06-2008, 18:54

she is quite obviosuly a death omen, especially after what happened to Dean!

Chloe O'brien
28-06-2008, 02:52
Its a shame Liam is leaving he will be missed i wish annoying Carla, Michelle and Maria were leaving instead.

That's what happens when you get to big for your boots and you think that your a better actor than the tax9firm that pick you up.

parkerman
28-06-2008, 11:39
They are to take the unprecendented step of filming three ways he will die - with three different arrests.

Unprecedented? They always do this when there's a dramatic exit story coming up.

Hollie-x
28-06-2008, 11:43
Maybe the dog eats him.

Just a theory.

Chloe O'brien
29-06-2008, 00:15
Maybe the dog eats him.

Just a theory.

Hollie your a genius they could to a cross-over soaps episodes with Corrie and Eastenders like the do with CSI/Miami/NY. We could have Wellard eating Liam and dying of food poisoning. :lol:

Hollie-x
29-06-2008, 10:09
I like your thinking!
I think we should get together and right the ending. We'd do a better job of it!

Chloe O'brien
29-06-2008, 23:41
I like your thinking!
I think we should get together and right the ending. We'd do a better job of it!

I'm with you girl we can take him out American Style.

kitty_uk
30-06-2008, 10:49
hope they dont drag it out for to long, like the emmerdale plot

Hollie-x
30-06-2008, 16:21
Hell Yeah!

My scenario is...

[Enter dogs name] <-- me having a blonde moment...

^^ is in the kitchen.
In come Liam looks at the dog and looks away, the dog's eyes are now glowing red.

Liam turn slowly to run but the dog catches on and chases him onto the front street.

The dogs grabs hold of liams jacket with his teeth and Norris & Blanche come out to see what the shouting is about.

The dog is now completely insane and rips Liams head off in slo-mo. The head flies across the street and lands at the feet of Norris & Blanche.

Norris faints.

**Needed to add this bit**

Cue Horratio, crouches down to see Liam then stands up and ever so casually puts his sunglasses (thought that could be his new signature - I mean he's never done that before...) on then strolls off...

Next scene needs finishing. Ill let you know how it ends.

:P:P

lizann
04-09-2008, 17:06
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a129208/liam-connors-final-walk-in-corrie.html

So Tony kills him :hmm:

It would be better if it was Maria or Carla

Chris_2k11
05-09-2008, 00:35
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a129208/liam-connors-final-walk-in-corrie.html

So Tony kills him :hmm:

It would be better if it was Maria or Carlawe don't know its him for sure, this is just one of the endings

tammyy2j
11-09-2008, 12:53
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1049377/Coronation-Street-Tonys-rowdy-stag-turns-murder.html

These rowdy scenes show the start of a stag do which is destined to end in disaster.

In an upcoming Coronation Street plotline Tony Gordon uses his pre-wedding celebrations as a chance to murder love rival Liam Connor, played by Rob James-Collier.

However in the scenes filmed in Manchester last night, the lads are clearly in high spirits- unaware of evil Tony's murderous intentions.

Dressed in matching tartan shirts labelled Tony's Tartan Terrors the boys could be on any drunken boys' night out, but it is due to end with any more than a hangover.

On their drunken escapades they get up to pranks with traffic cones and a Chinese food delivery bike.

Street badboy Tony, played by Gray O'Brien, discovered that his fianceé Carla, played by Alison King, had spent the night with her handsome brother-in-law Liam.

His mind turned to murder when he saw pictures of the pair together on Rosie Webster's mobile phone.

And the evil businessman decided to get rid of Liam once and for all.

James-Collier announced that he was quitting the soap in February.

But with three different endings filmed the question is, how will Tony do the dirty deed?

So Tony is the killer

lizann
11-09-2008, 12:57
Source The Sun

CORONATION Street favourite Liam Connor is all set to become a dad — but will be murdered before wife Maria can give him the news.
The tragedy devastates long-suffering hairdresser Maria (Samia Smith), who finally believed she was poised for a happy future with the ex-factory owner.

She tied the knot with Liam (Rob James-Collier) after she first fell pregnant at the start of their romance early last year.

But shortly after the wedding, Maria miscarried while worrying about Liam’s illicit love for sister-in-law Carla (Alison King).

United by grief, the pair decide to give their marriage another chance and try for a baby — but Liam is destined never to know they succeed.

A top soap source said: “Losing the baby made them realise how much they love each other and they’re ready to play happy families and start again.

“So when Maria discovers she’s pregnant, she’s delighted and can’t wait to tell Liam.”

But his ill-fated night of passion with Carla comes back to haunt them. Her vengeful fiancé Tony Gordon (Gray O’Brien) learns about the fling and plots the ultimate cold-blooded revenge.

Our source revealed: “It’s going to be really hard for Maria. Not only is she denied the chance to tell Liam he’s going to be a dad, but she also discovers the extent of Carla and Liam’s love.”

Evil Tony is clearly the one who wants Liam dead.

But fans will be left with a “howdunnit” — wondering exactly how he has managed to kill the hunk.

Advertisement

A spokeswoman confirmed: “Viewers will be on the edge of their seats.”

Actor Rob, 31 — who has twice won sexiest male soap star at the British Soap Awards — is leaving The Street after joining in 2006.

Perdita
11-09-2008, 15:29
There is a separate thread on this topic :)

tammyy2j
25-09-2008, 13:42
Coronation Street has taken a 24-style approach to the week of episodes featuring Liam Connor's murder.

The bank of five 30-minute episodes, which see Rob James-Collier's character being killed off, will remain in their usual time slots, but the storyline will maintain a continuous narrative across the final 24 hours of Liam's life.

At the end of this week, Underworld boss Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) learns of his fiancée Carla Connor's (Alison King) infidelity with her brother-in-law Liam. His suspicions over their affair are later confirmed when he sees them kissing. The ensuing weeks see Tony plotting his revenge.

Three endings to the storyline have been filmed and show producers have not yet chosen which will air.

Liam's final scenes will be broadcast in the week commencing October 13.

lizann
14-10-2008, 10:14
Coronation Street star Samia Smith has described scenes involving the death of on-screen husband Liam as "horrific".

The 26-year-old, who plays Maria Connor in the ITV soap, remarked that she was upset while filming Liam's final moments and remained so when the cameras stopped rolling.

She said: "It was horrible, it was genuinely awful and I was really emotional.

"I couldn't stop sobbing once I started, it was so sad. Your heart just breaks for [Maria]."

Smith added that she uses an mp3 player to help her whenever a scene requires Maria to be upset.

"I have an iPod with really sad songs on it that I listen to just before I film a sad scene. Then in between scenes I try to stay focused and just go off on my own with my music," she said.

"But my Great Auntie Kitty had died a couple of weeks before we shot those scenes, so it was still quite raw anyway. It wasn't hard to get upset."

Liam (Rob James-Collier) is killed by factory boss Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) on the Weatherfield soap next week.

lizann
14-10-2008, 10:15
Coronation Street's Liam Connor is dramatically killed off in a fortnight's time in one of three ways.

Weatherfield scriptwriters penned three different death scenarios for Liam - played by 32-year-old Rob James-Collier - but only one will air on screen.

The storyline has been crafted as a 'howdunnit', as opposed to a 'whodunnit', since in each case the villainous Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) is the culprit following his discovery of Liam's affair with his fiancée Carla (Alison King).

The first scenario sees Liam thrown off the a balcony at Tony's newly-built Victoria Court luxury apartment block. The second has Tony shooting his love rival Liam with a real gun during a game of paintballing, while the final ending involves Liam being mowed down in the street in a hit-and-run tragedy, leaving him to die in Tony's arms.

Why film 3 endings? We all know Tony is the culprit so it dont matter how he dies