PDA

View Full Version : college literacy test

samantha nixon
25-06-2008, 19:59
Hiya, we had an evening talk at the college im going to this evening and said that tomorrow (we go for a full day) we have a literacy test, and i was wondering what is it like and what type of things are the questions
thank you for any help xx

Abbie
25-06-2008, 20:30
I did a one in the first few days of college
It was really easy
You know those tests you might of done in primary school, or high school to test spelling and grammar?
Well Mine was like those, on the computer youd get given a sentence then words to choose from and you chose the one you felt fit correctly

Perdita
25-06-2008, 20:32
I did one a couple of weeks ago to do an NVQ in Business & Administration, it was easy. They test basic knowledge of your spelling skills and grammar, I don't think you need to worry.

samantha nixon
25-06-2008, 20:48
thanks you so much, as i was worrying lol, so it wont have nothing like metaphors and stuff lol

Abbie
25-06-2008, 20:54
thanks you so much, as i was worrying lol, so it wont have nothing like metaphors and stuff lol

:lol: Lol dont worry, nothing like that

samantha nixon
25-06-2008, 20:58

:lol: Lol dont worry, nothing like that

Thank you :)

samantha nixon
25-06-2008, 21:00
I did one a couple of weeks ago to do an NVQ in Business & Administration, it was easy. They test basic knowledge of your spelling skills and grammar, I don't think you need to worry.

was yours on computer like Abbie's was?

as we got told we would need a pen and pencil so guessing ours is on paper lol, so was just wondering what yours was

Perdita
25-06-2008, 21:05
Yes, mine was on the computer. I still think you need not worry, it can't be a difficult test or else you would have got more information on what they want you to show them. Let us know what it was, I am quite intrigued now.

Abbie
25-06-2008, 21:08
If its on paper it will be like the ones in primary school or high school then

samantha nixon
25-06-2008, 21:09
Yes, mine was on the computer. I still think you need not worry, it can't be a difficult test or else you would have got more information on what they want you to show them. Let us know what it was, I am quite intrigued now.

Ok then, wonder why ours is paper lol

I will let you know how it goes and what it was like

samantha nixon
25-06-2008, 21:09
If its on paper it will be like the ones in primary school or high school then

I dont remeber ever doing one lol, i must have done though

Abbie
25-06-2008, 21:13
We did them all the time, some of them gave us our spelling ages, remember them? Or reading ages?

samantha nixon
25-06-2008, 21:18
no :searchme: what year would it have been in or dont you remeber

Abbie
25-06-2008, 21:20
I dont remember sorry

samantha nixon
25-06-2008, 21:28
I dont remember sorry

its ok lol, thank you for all of your help both of you :)

Perdita
25-06-2008, 21:37
Good luck for tomorrow, although I am sure you don't need it :thumbsup: Can't wait for your post to say how easy it was.

Katy
26-06-2008, 10:44
Hope it was OK, when i had mine it was a mulitiple choice one, where you had to pencil mark the correct answer.

samantha nixon
26-06-2008, 18:46
Good luck for tomorrow, although I am sure you don't need it :thumbsup: Can't wait for your post to say how easy it was.

it went ok thank you, it was just a multiple choice thing, about full stops, and capital letters and stuff and what other word could you replace a word with, and was just 20 questions like that, and then we had to write a piece of writing on what our day had been like

Thank you for all of your help, you both helped a lot lol :)

Perdita
27-06-2008, 06:09
Told you that you needn't worry :D

Kim
27-06-2008, 13:42

We had them in every year from 3 upwards, I think. We definitely had a spelling one in all of those years, called a Vernon Spelling Assesment. There were 80 on each sheet in them and you had to stop when you made 10 mistakes I think it was.

samantha nixon
27-06-2008, 17:45
I certainly havent done them every year, i cant rember doing them in at least 9, 10, 11 but cant remeber as far back as 7 and 8 lol

Kim
27-06-2008, 17:57
I did them 3-6. I meant in primary school. I had CAT's in Year 7 and 9 though.

di marco
27-06-2008, 20:12

We had them in every year from 3 upwards, I think. We definitely had a spelling one in all of those years, called a Vernon Spelling Assesment. There were 80 on each sheet in them and you had to stop when you made 10 mistakes I think it was.

maybe every school is different? cos i remember doing end of year tests in primary school but i think it was just something the school thought up to see how well we were doing. we never stopped after making so many mistakes. how would you know you made the mistakes? :confused:

Kim
27-06-2008, 20:19
They made us go up to the teacher with the sheet at intervals; every 15 words or something. I found it quite fun when I was in Year 3 and we had a Year 3/4 class and some of the people from my year were seeing it as a competition and trying to stay in it longer than the Year 4's lol!

di marco
27-06-2008, 20:31
They made us go up to the teacher with the sheet at intervals; every 15 words or something. I found it quite fun when I was in Year 3 and we had a Year 3/4 class and some of the people from my year were seeing it as a competition and trying to stay in it longer than the Year 4's lol!

oh right, i def never did that!