PDA

View Full Version : Ryder signs £100,000 Corrie contract

Perdita
20-06-2008, 06:17
Coronation Street actress Kym Ryder has signed a new £100,000 contract to stay with the ITV soap for another year.

The 32-year-old, who plays Weatherfield barmaid Michelle Connor, reportedly negotiated a pay rise from £60,000 a year in addition to more flexible working times in a bid to ensure that she is able to spend as much time as possible with her two children - ten-year-old David and Emily, 12.

A source told the Daily Record: "When producers offered her a new contract and more money, she didn't hesitate to say yes."

In March, it was announced that Kym and husband Jack Ryder were to end their six-year marriage on "amicable" terms.

She has since been romantically linked with Hollyoaks actor Jamie Lomas, who plays Warren Fox in the Channel 4 soap.

Earlier this week, Kym's co-star Katherine Kelly - Becky Granger in the Manchester-based soap - was also rewarded with a new year-long contract.

Chloe O'brien
20-06-2008, 11:19
Good lord we have to put up with her pathetic acting for another year.

tammyy2j
20-06-2008, 11:51
Michelle is annoying useless character :angry:

Chris_2k11
20-06-2008, 18:15
I'm 50/50 on this, I do like her but at the same time I do think they've turned her into a bit of a moaning minnie which has ruined her a bit.

Bryan
20-06-2008, 18:33
glad that she's staying on, Michelle is a real credit to the show, perhaps a bit overused, but a great character all the same

who'd have thought it eh? when she first made that cameo, who would have thought someone was Hearsay would turn out to be such a great actress.

good on you gal

owenlee4me
23-06-2008, 11:17
I can't believe out of all the actressess out in TV land that have been passed over for this "singer" turned actress. Why not give some one new a chance?

She is horrendous, she is terrified to move her head in case her hair style moves:lol:

Oh I'm bored with her!

But on the other hand so glad Becky is staying:cheer:
Now there is a girl who earns her pay:bow:

Ruffed_lemur
23-06-2008, 18:20
glad that she's staying on, Michelle is a real credit to the show, perhaps a bit overused, but a great character all the same

who'd have thought it eh? when she first made that cameo, who would have thought someone was Hearsay would turn out to be such a great actress.

good on you gal

I quite agree. She's a great actress.

Chris_2k11
24-06-2008, 11:57
I wouldn't say shes a "great" actress at all, decent yes but not great :)

Perdita
24-06-2008, 12:06
Will we see Alex again then, seeing she is going to be around for another year? I hope they don't drag this storyline up again, it would just be a repeat of what went on before. :thumbsdow . I wish her and Steve get married after she wallops him for copping off with Becky and that they live happily ever after, but that is highly unlikely, I guess. :lol: