PDA

View Full Version : Agony as Phil falls on stairs at Enders

Perdita
17-06-2008, 06:37
EASTENDERS star Steve McFadden was rushed to hospital for emergency surgery after falling downstairs on set.

Steve, 49, who plays hardman Phil Mitchell, was in agony with a shattered hand.

Doctors put pins in the bones and sewed the star up with 30 stitches.

He missed two days of filming on the BBC1 show and returned to work with his hand and arm in a splint.

Soap chiefs have worked round the injury by writing it into a storyline.

Steve said last night: “I’m feeling much better.” But BBC bosses took the accident so seriously they have Health and Safety officials investigating at the set in Elstree, Herts.

A pal said: “Steve had an accident on set — but he’s not prepared to start blaming the bosses.

“He had the operation and was back two days later. He’s a proper geezer and just wants to get stuck into work.”

Steve’s on-screen niece Sam Janus fell downstairs and broke her shoulder in March. Barbara Windsor, Phil’s TV mum Peggy, broke her wrist and sprained an ankle in 2006.

I wonder who he is going to hit to end up with his arm in a sling :hmm:

LostVoodoo
17-06-2008, 06:57

:lol: i love your logic, it is Phil after all!

and wow, 30 stitches is a lot!

Katy
17-06-2008, 10:11
he must have done some damage. Those mitchells are always falling over on set by the sound of things.

Chloe O'brien
17-06-2008, 10:51
Did he fall or was he pushed. :lol:

Timalay
17-06-2008, 12:52
Steve’s on-screen niece Sam Janus fell downstairs and broke her shoulder in March. Barbara Windsor, Phil’s TV mum Peggy, broke her wrist and sprained an ankle in 2006.

Isn't she his on screen Cousin not niece?

di marco
17-06-2008, 17:32

Isn't she his on screen Cousin not niece?

yeh she is, the papers always seem to get family connections wrong, especially lately