PDA

View Full Version : Amanda Drew 'good friends' with Tate

Perdita
16-06-2008, 07:42
Amanda Drew, who plays Dr "Mad" May Wright in EastEnders, has revealed that she is "very good friends" with Catherine Tate.

Drew recalled how, on one occasion, her ties with the comedienne drew more press attention than she was used to.

"We worked on a play together in 1995 and stayed in touch," said the actress. "She was going to a fashion preview. We met up first and walked to where it was and luckily I had a fairly nice dress, not my usual jeans and trainers.

"We walked around the corner and Catherine was photographed all the time. I let Catherine go ahead but as I followed, the photographers asked me for pictures as well and I was totally unprepared."

Drew has also spoken about how her role on EastEnders helped her to overcome her shyness.

"I do get very shy and self-conscious," she told The People. "Being in EastEnders has really helped me, though. I'm not so frightened of dealing with people.

"It feels like I've performed in front millions of people every night so I don't feel so nervous about anything else I have to face."