PDA

View Full Version : Sixties TV star to join 'EastEnders'

Perdita
16-06-2008, 07:40
Alexandra Bastedo is to join EastEnders later this year.

Bastedo, now 62, was well known in the 1960s for her beauty and her role in adventure series The Champions.

The actress will enter as new character Cynthia in a storyline involving Gary Hobbs (Ricky Groves) and Minty Peterson (Cliff Parisi).

An EastEnders source told The People: "This is a real coup for the show."

Guillermo del Toro was last year said to be working on a movie adaptation of The Champions.

Are Garry and Minty destined to have only older love interests?

JustJodi
16-06-2008, 08:07
Since I had no idea who this woman was I had to google her:

http://www.alexandra-bastedo.com/

JustJodi
16-06-2008, 08:12

Bastedo, now 62, was well known in the 1960s for her beauty and her role in adventure series The Champions.

The actress will enter as new character Cynthia in a storyline involving Gary Hobbs (Ricky Groves) and Minty Peterson (Cliff Parisi).

Guillermo del Toro was last year said to be working on a movie adaptation of The Champions.

Minty is OLDER,, so maybe he will be the one? Since his sham marriage, its time for him to find true love,,,,, or maybe CHARLIE ???:hmm: :hmm:

Chloe O'brien
16-06-2008, 12:36
She could be Minty's Mum

JustJodi
16-06-2008, 12:40
She could be Minty's Mum

I dunno about that Chloe ,, I always thought Minty was in his mid to late 40's, he is not exactly as young as Garry?? But again who knows in SOAP LAND lol

Pinkbanana
16-06-2008, 12:46
I have never heard of her, but she looks very glam for EE! :eek: Maybe they will recify that, by putting her in rollers and Pauline's cardy!!! :lol:

tammyy2j
16-06-2008, 13:53

Minty is OLDER,, so maybe he will be the one? Since his sham marriage, its time for him to find true love,,,,, or maybe CHARLIE ???:hmm: :hmm:

What happened with Minty and Heather?????

Perdita
16-06-2008, 14:13

What happened with Minty and Heather?????

They never consumated their marriage because Minty chickened out and booked two single rooms for their wedding night, I think he did it because Shirley warned him to be gentle with Heather and he misunderstood what she was trying to tell him - he is a fella, what can you expect :lol: ) She caught Minty kissing another woman and obviously got very upset. They are now just friends and the marriage will be annulled, although I think that Heather still cares for Minty and I hope that the scriptwriters will have a heart and get them together for good :angel:

Ruffed_lemur
16-06-2008, 18:43
Yes, still would be nice to see Minty and Heather together.

Chloe O'brien
18-06-2008, 12:28
Peggy won't like her being in the square she's too glam. Maybe a rich widow for Charlie.