PDA

View Full Version : Ex 'Enders star Ferns feels typecast

Perdita
14-06-2008, 17:37
Ex-EastEnders star Alex Ferns has admitted that he has struggled to get work since leaving the soap.

The actor, 39, who played evil Trevor Morgan, claimed he was finding it hard to get TV castings because people still associate him with his soap character.

"It's a tough one. Although I really loved doing EastEnders it has been hard to get seen for stuff because of that character," Morgan told the Daily Record.

"That character was so embedded in the public imagination it is very hard to move out of it."

He explained: "In theatre and film, I'm definitely not seen as a soap actor. I get auditions and I'm seen for everything, really good stuff.

"But for television, I'm just waiting for someone to have more imagination and cast me in something to break the mould of Trevor. But it's been very hard to break the stigma of Trevor."

Abbie
14-06-2008, 17:42
I think thats a problem for any soap character really

Katy
14-06-2008, 17:46
i see how it is but it really shouldnt as there are some really great actors out there who should be given a chance, I mean look at Brian Capron whio was Richard Hilman, he went to Where the Heart is and played a completly different character and pulled it off.

Chloe O'brien
15-06-2008, 01:06
Some actors are just born to play bad guys whether it be in TV or films. They just have the face and manner to play evil characters and Alex is one of them. I have no doubt that Alex is a really nice guy in real life but on screen he just comes over as a psycho. If playing loonies is going to get him the attention he needs to get great roles then he should grasp it with both hands.