PDA

View Full Version : Hustle - Series 5 Confirmed

Bryan
13-06-2008, 09:58
Adrian Lester will return for the fifth series of BBC One's con artist drama Hustle.

Lester was absent from the show's fourth run, with his character Mickey "Bricks" Stone heading to Sydney to execute an ambitious long con: selling the Sydney Opera House.

Robert Glenister and Robert Vaughn will reprise their roles as grifters Ash "Three Socks" Morgan and Albert Stroller. Marc Warren (Danny Blue) and Jaime Murray (Stacie Monroe) will not be back for series five.

Speaking about his Hustle return, Lester said: "It's great to finally get back into Mickey's shoes after a very busy couple of years both here and in the US.

"Tony (Jordan, the show's creator) and I have been discussing all sorts of stories and ideas for the next series and he has written some brilliant scripts with some classic twists - I'm already practising my pick pocketing!"

Jordan added: "Whilst Mickey has been away working the ultimate long con in Oz, his crew have all gone their separate ways. So, now he's back in blighty, Mickey's intent on getting back to business because as long as there is someone who wants something for nothing, Mickey will be there, happy to take a great deal of money off their hands for nothing in return."

Series five of Hustle will begin filming in London this summer and air on BBC One in 2009.

wont be the same without Danny & Stacey! I loved their chemistry together!!! :(

Layne
13-06-2008, 18:32
No Stacey and Danny :( What?! I don't think it will be the same without them - although i am glad Adrian Lester is back.

Jessie Wallace
13-06-2008, 18:39
Not worth it now, not Jamie :( They better find someone good to take over from her.

Dutchgirl
13-06-2008, 19:42
No Stacey and Danny :( What?! I don't think it will be the same without them - although i am glad Adrian Lester is back.
It wasn't the same without Mickey and it will be difficult without Danny and Stacey. But I'm gonna watch anyway. I love the concept of the show.

Perdita
07-07-2008, 11:41
It seems it's feast or famine for you Hustle fans.

After a long period of waiting for confirmation, last month it was announced that a fifth series was going into production for transmission later this year. Now I can reveal an added bonus... Hustle: The Movie!

That's right, a big screen version of the con artist drama is currently in the works. Details are patchy, but Fox is thought to be behind the project, which is being penned by Tony Jordan.

Cast member Jaime Murray confirmed the news to me at the weekend, saying that the script had already been written and she was "definitely" on board.

Murray - currently starring in FX's Dexter, which began its second season at the weekend - will not be part of the lineup for series five, however. "I'm so sad," she said. "I'm going to miss those guys so much. I love the production team, the producers and the actors. It just wasn't going to work, schedule-wise. Fingers crossed at some time in the future, we all get reunited."