PDA

View Full Version : Toxic sofa burns TV star baby

Perdita
11-06-2008, 06:30
EASTENDERS baby Summer Swann is the latest victim to suffer chemical burns from a toxic sofa.

One-year-old celeb tot Abbie Hackworth — who has also been in The Bill — was covered in an agonising rash for months.

Mum Mel, 29, of Watford, Herts, got the £399 sofa at Land of Leather.

She called their offer of a new one "ridiculous".

Similar settees — also sold by Argos and Walmsley — have been recalled after an anti-mould chemical used on them was linked to skin problems.

JustJodi
11-06-2008, 07:45
EASTENDERS baby Summer Swann is the latest victim to suffer chemical burns from a toxic sofa.

One-year-old celeb tot Abbie Hackworth — who has also been in The Bill — was covered in an agonising rash for months.

Mum Mel, 29, of Watford, Herts, got the £399 sofa at Land of Leather.

She called their offer of a new one "ridiculous".

Similar settees — also sold by Argos and Walmsley — have been recalled after an anti-mould chemical used on them was linked to skin problems.

Hmmmmm didn't they do a episode on that on WATCHDOG ??
Its a shame !!!!

.:SpIcYsPy:.
11-06-2008, 10:04
Aww poor baby! :(
I saw a programme on this toxic sofa before too :hmm:

Abigail
11-06-2008, 16:32
Yeah, it's been on Watchdog a few times. The manufacturers are denying any responsibility for the injuries yet they are replacing sofas :hmm: Actions speak volumes.

There was a woman on our local news last night with a five month old who has suffered burns top to bottom when he laid on the sofa. He's completely bandaged up and has to stay like that for three months while the burns heal.

Perdita
11-06-2008, 16:35
Yeah, it's been on Watchdog a few times. The manufacturers are denying any responsibility for the injuries yet they are replacing sofas :hmm: Actions speak volumes.

There was a woman on our local news last night with a five month old who has suffered burns top to bottom when he laid on the sofa. He's completely bandaged up and has to stay like that for three months while the burns heal.

That is just awful, the poor little mite. :(

Kim
11-06-2008, 16:52
Yeah, I saw it on watchdog too. I think it was actually while I was waiting for EastEnders to come on once. Poor thing :(

Hollie-x
11-06-2008, 20:54
Aww poor little tot! Hope she's recovered soon!