View Full Version : Period Cycle

Abbie
09-06-2008, 21:55
Okay I didnt really want to create another thread for this :o but that I should as It doesnt fit in to the period pains thread.
Right so here is the thing, I dont want to be too decriptive but the way Im about to describe it, is the only way I can so it makes sense.
My period usually lasts 5 days, Im clearly heavy for the first 2-3 days and then nothing, on the 3rd day its like my period has finished, but on the 4-5th day im back on, its not as heavy this time.
This werid pattern of a day inbetween of nothing has been going on a while now and I was wondering, id this normal? :searchme:

CrazyLea
09-06-2008, 21:58
I think this must be normal... because on the first day I'm light. Second and third I'm heavy. Seems to have stopped on the forth day - perhaps a bit of spotting - then on the fifth day (I last roughly 5 days like you), on the fifth day it's more than spotting, but not too heavy..

Abbie
09-06-2008, 22:00
Yeah I tend to be really heavy and then on the day of nothing, I mean there is nothing at all, and then im back to regular again

Kirsty :]
09-06-2008, 22:34
Woah I never have one of those days! Well, I don't know..

I'm sort of... heavy-ish 1st day. 2nd and 3rd is heavy. 4th it goes light and yeah sometimes nothing... but it gets heavy again in the day. and then 5th day it goes light or just nothing at all

Abigail
09-06-2008, 23:20
I think it's normal Abbie. I'm the same, first couple of days heavy, light for a day then medium/light for a few more days.

Perdita
10-06-2008, 06:35
I think most of us ladies vary a little, I have had the big op and don't have this problem at all now but I used to be like you for about 10 years, but had the coil fitted for a few years and then I was only on for two days, not too heavy either. :cheer: Don't know why it reduced itself but I certainly did not complain.

Chloe O'brien
10-06-2008, 10:57
My period last for 5 days. I'm heavy the first 3 days then the 4th and 5th day they become lighter. I don't think you have anything to worry about Abbie every woman's period is varied your body will still be adapting to the cycle.

Abbie
10-06-2008, 11:01
Thanks everyone :) It wasnt the fact that my period jumps form heavy to light, its the fact that I jump but have a day inbetween where there is nothing whatso ever as if Im not on my period anymore

Jojo
11-06-2008, 10:34
I have a days "break" Abbie if its any consolation - think to myself after 3/4 days, wahooo gone again and oops there she blows!!! :lol:

Tis all normal - its just a pain in the rear end :)

Perdita
11-06-2008, 10:50
I have a days "break" Abbie if its any consolation - think to myself after 3/4 days, wahooo gone again and oops there she blows!!! :lol:

Should that not be the front end? :lol:

Jojo
11-06-2008, 13:42

:lol: Front end, back end - after 4 kids, it all seems the same these days :rotfl:

Perdita
11-06-2008, 13:45

:lol: Front end, back end - after 4 kids, it all seems the same these days :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Kim
11-06-2008, 18:24
I've had that a few times as well as a 14 day cycle, but mostly mine are normal. I wasn't really worried about it when I thought that mabye those were going to be more long term though.

Layne
04-08-2009, 17:20
Bit of a dilema! Well, i went on holiday end of june/beginning of July, and i was due on my period half way through so my doctor prescribed me norethisterone, in order to delay my period (i left it to late to go on the actual pill) - you have to take 3 tablets a day for the desired time. SO last day of holiday i stopped taking them, and your period is meant to come 3/4 days after discontinuation of pills - 5 weeks later and still no proper period - i've had random days but no full period, anyone know why/had any experience with this drug?

Hannelene
04-08-2009, 17:23
Never experienced this or taken any pills to delay a period maybe you should visit your GP just to check you over

angel_eyes87
04-08-2009, 17:23
I was on them years ago, they seem to muck up your cycle, you will eventually come on properly and have proper periods. Hope this helps.

Abigail
04-08-2009, 17:25
Could you be pregnant? Stress can delay periods.

Your best bet is to go see the doctor again.

Layne
04-08-2009, 18:14
Nope - not pregnant! Cheers though guys - off to the doctor's tomorrow (if i get an appointment) to double check!

Hannelene
04-08-2009, 18:26
It sounds like you need to be checked out

Abbie
18-08-2009, 12:57
I hope everything was sorted out?

Siobhan
18-08-2009, 13:00
Nope - not pregnant! Cheers though guys - off to the doctor's tomorrow (if i get an appointment) to double check!

Layne.. never had any experience using this drug but I have had experience of period stopping or been random while on the pill... this is nothing to worry about apparently.. I went 5 months without a period and had many pregnancy test.. just ask your doctor, you will be ok

Layne
18-08-2009, 18:19
Never went to the doctor, didn't get round to it but my period came so all is okay. Thanks thought guys :)

Abbie
14-01-2010, 15:25
Hi, sorry to drag up this thread, but my periods tend to be alittle irregular, my last period was the end of November, so Im about 2 weeks late down, I dont think I ever been this late since my period first started. Shall I just wait a bit longer and stuff, its really been bugging me

Siobhan
14-01-2010, 15:27
Abbie, as you are studying for exams you are under a lot of stress and that can either bring on a longer period (like it did for me last month, i had them for 3 weeks) or stop them altogether as in your case.. I would wait til your exams are over before going to a doctor

Abbie
14-01-2010, 15:28
Thanks, I sort of had a feeling it might be stress but i guess I just feel better hearing it from someone else :)

Abigail
14-01-2010, 20:36
I don't mean to alarm you but is there a chance you could be pregnant?

If not, stress is the most likely culprit.

Abbie
14-01-2010, 20:38
I don't mean to alarm you but is there a chance you could be pregnant?

If not, stress is the most likely culprit.

No its fine, but its not possible for me to be pregnant

Abbie
15-01-2010, 17:14
:lol: I got my period today, ol it made me laugh since I only posted about this last night. I suppose when I think about it since wednesday night Ive felt less stressed in terms of I could actually calm myself down when I started to feel too under pressure. So its back! with period pains galore! :rolleyes:

Dazzle
16-01-2010, 15:57
I'm glad it's back and that you're feeling less stressed :)