PDA

View Full Version : The Quality of EE Storylines

Florijo
08-06-2008, 09:59
I only really watch EE and HO but why is it that EE can't seem to do decent, topical storylines like Hollyoaks have done recently? Is it the BBC not letting them or is is that the storyliners are just crap?

Jay's stabbing was an awful storyline. No build up and seemed to last for about five minutes.

And the Chelsea storyline. Again no build up and I predict she'll be fine in a week or two now Denise is back. Why can't they do a proper drugs storyline, which is built up over months and months?

It is such a shame as the characters and actors are quite strong in EE but the storylines (IMO) are so mindnumbingly dull and old hat.

parkerman
08-06-2008, 10:25
I certainly agree about the Chelsea storyline. One snort and she's suddenly an addict. Ridiculous!

StarsOfCCTV
08-06-2008, 13:52
I certainly agree about the Chelsea storyline. One snort and she's suddenly an addict. Ridiculous!

The drug storyline in Hollyoaks is a much better one....I find Eastenders a bit rubbish at the moment....:(

Abbie
08-06-2008, 17:12
I agree, the prblem with EE is it doesnt have the stamina or the continious good storylines, they have one then a massive break before another good one

Perdita
08-06-2008, 18:21
I suppose all soaps have their ups and downs, can't expect storylines to be exciting and edge of the seat stuff all the time though, can you?

Ruffed_lemur
08-06-2008, 18:43
I suppose all soaps have their ups and downs, can't expect storylines to be exciting and edge of the seat stuff all the time though, can you?

Yes, I quite agree. They all go through different phases.

miccisy
09-06-2008, 21:04
Its ok to show a storyline over a period of time but the drug storyline in hollyoaks is boring now. Just want it to be over. They just drag it out too long. In my opinion i do like eastenders storylines but there biggest mistake was bringing Bianca/Ricky and brats into it.

Chloe O'brien
13-06-2008, 11:28
Part of the main problem is that the lack of research done before hand. It's all fine that a soap can come up with brilliant stories and plots but if they have not done enough research then it's going to fall flat on it's face.

With Hollyoaks they have more young actors in their soap than other soaps so they can relate to some of the stories. Wiith the drug issue with Fletch and Sasha. Fletch was such a quiet shy boy who got in with the wrong crowd and began smoking cannibas, which is a true reflection of many young people today, unlike Chelsea who decided to wake up one morning and become a coke addict.

I was a huge Brookie fan and many times they were slated for shocking stories but with child abuse, Rape and incest they always did their research and the stories where well handled.

Chris_2k11
14-06-2008, 11:55
I was a huge Brookie fan and many times they were slated for shocking stories but with child abuse, Rape and incest they always did their research and the stories where well handled.Thankyou for mentioning Brookie Kath and I totally agree, it was ALWAYS the best soap for the hard hitting stuff imo, it never shyed away from anything.