PDA

View Full Version : X Factor - Sharon Osbourne Quits

moonstorm
06-06-2008, 15:31
Sharon Osbourne has sensationally quit the X Factor.

It appears Osbourne has walked away days before she was due back on June 12.

ITV put out a statement which said: "Sharon Osbourne has decided to leave The X Factor after four fantastic years. ITV thanks her for her immense contribution to the show and for all her humour, compassion and energy."

Sharon Osbourne had a number of rows with fellow judge Dannii Minogue.

WHAT - AGAIN????

SBBB - Next Clue - Bristol to Cardiff? Bloody NHS

Chris_2k11
06-06-2008, 15:36
She's such a drama queen.

lizann
06-06-2008, 15:41
She'll be back

StarsOfCCTV
06-06-2008, 15:41
I agree.

It was a mistake introducing Danni though. She's alright but I think the three judges format was better.

Abigail
06-06-2008, 16:12
So is the bit of fluff still going to be around?

Abbie
06-06-2008, 16:18
:eek: I hope she comes back, Danni is rubbish

Siobhan
06-06-2008, 16:29
won't be the same without Sharon.. hope this is all hot air like last year when she left and came back

Katy
06-06-2008, 19:14
yeah but i think this time she might mean it. She has waked outtoo many times for it to be yet another drama. Thats just my opinion. I hope shes back. we cant just have the two women and Danni

Perdita
06-06-2008, 21:22
I want Sharon to come back, would not be the same without her. :cheer:

Abigail
06-06-2008, 21:33
Well with Dannii and Louis on the panel it's going to be a rubbish series. I do like Sharon.

Louis needs to grow a backbone, wipe that smug smirk off his face and get a grip. He's nothing special, I wish it was him that had walked :thumbsdow

Perdita
06-06-2008, 21:36
Louis needs to grow a backbone, wipe that smug smirk off his face and get a grip. He's nothing special, I wish it was him that had walked :thumbsdow

Noooo, he is my Hughie :o

Chloe O'brien
06-06-2008, 22:21
Sharon can't leave she needs to stay so she can win for a change. Simon has to get rid of Danni.

Bad Wolf
07-06-2008, 01:21
cant blame her raelly, it takes up 6 months of the year, which is a long time for a show, she never gets a break, end up with crap acts like last year, one was pure kareoke (the blonde girl whose name escapes me) and the happy slap girl, and the other girl wasnt popular with the public, she is propbably thinking - why should she bother

it wont be half as entertaining tho

Abigail
07-06-2008, 14:56
Sharon Osbourne quit The X Factor after ITV chiefs refused to give her a £1 million pay rise, it was claimed today.

It was previously thought that Osbourne had left the show after being denied a £500,000 salary increase. However, today's Mirror suggests that this was offered to Sharon, who turned the deal down because she was hoping for double the amount to be added to her salary. Such an increase would have brought her X Factor pay packet to £2.5 million.

An insider told the newspaper: "Sharon has wanted more money every series since The X Factor started. This time, she was demanding £2.5 million. It was too much and we called her bluff.

"Talks which started three months ago broke down on Thursday night and Sharon decided she was walking away."

Scottish singer Lulu is the bookies' favourite to replace Osbourne on the new series.

I like Lulu :) I really hope that Dannii will have second thoughts about this series and bugger off.

Chris_2k11
07-06-2008, 15:46
I used to love Sharon but shes got far too big for her boots these past couple of years, I hope she does leave now.

Chloe O'brien
08-06-2008, 00:28
In all fairness it has always been a bit panto banter between the judges but for once Simon made a huge mistake bringing in Danni as a judge last year they should have stuck to the three or bought someone in who knew more about the pop business. sharon was really hurt by Danni being brought in and it did not help when she lost her group so early on. Despite her Drama Queen attidude in the show Sharon does care a lot about her acts and the show would be boring without her.

Chris_2k11
08-06-2008, 02:26
I dont mind Dannii :)

Jessie Wallace
08-06-2008, 07:15
Nope me either, i found her enjoyable to watch last year and wasn't afraid to say what she thought about an act, and didn't just agree with the majority vote. I used to Love Sharon, even went to see that bad chat show of her's 3 times! But she getting annoying now, she's all a bit too much. I quite like the idea of LuLu replacing her tho, that would be fun.

Chris_2k11
08-06-2008, 07:37
I quite like the idea of LuLu replacing her tho, that would be fun.No she'd make me wanna shout

Abigail
08-06-2008, 11:24
Sharon Osbourne told Simon Cowell to fire Dannii Minogue if he wanted her to stay as an X Factor judge.

Contrary to recent reports, Osbourne's former co-star and close friend Louis Walsh said that her decision to quit was not the result of a salary dispute. Instead, he revealed details of Sharon's shock ultimatum and criticised Cowell for not accepting her demand.

"It's not contracts or money, it's Dannii. They don't get on at all and she wasn't happy with the situation," Walsh told the Sunday Mirror. "Sharon has walked off, she's gone. Why didn't they give Dannii the boot instead?"

Walsh added that he has not yet signed up for the new series because he is "devastated" by Sharon's departure.

"I haven't signed yet but I am negotiating. It's a difficult situation," he explained. "Sharon is a great friend, I talk to her everyday. She is devastated and so am I. I have absolutely no relationship at all with Dannii. I have no idea how she is feeling about all of this because I simply do not talk to her.

"I am going to miss Sharon greatly. The show won't be the same. Sharon is very very upset about all this. She loves the show and everything about it."

Osbourne denied rumours of a feud with Minogue for most of the fourth series. However, she later publicly claimed that Dannii had been hired by Cowell for her looks rather than her contribution to the music industry.

Meanwhile, Minogue has accused Sharon of bullying her on the set of the show.

Perdita
08-06-2008, 15:12
Read in the Sunday Mirror that Cheryl Cole is another potential judge :thumbsdow

Abigail
08-06-2008, 15:15
The NOTW say that Simon is trying to get Mel B on board :eek: This show will really go down the pan if she joins.

Perdita
08-06-2008, 15:22
I hope it is all a publicity stunt and that Sharon will be back. The show is all about her, Simon and Loui and should stay that way. Love them or hate them, they make it entertaining. :cheer:

LostVoodoo
08-06-2008, 18:30
i really don't think they should use another singer/pop star as a judge, its not as credible as someone in the industry. what about Nikki Chapman who used to do Pop Idol?

Perdita
09-06-2008, 06:15
SHARON Osbourne is set to step over to BBC1 as a Strictly Come Dancing contestant.

The feisty telly favourite, who quit ITV1’s X Factor in a pay row, is poised to star on its reality rival.

A pal revealed last night: “It would make one hell of a TV battle, so don’t be surprised to see her hitting the dancefloor.”

Sharon, 55, was due to join X Factor creator Simon Cowell and fellow judges Louis Walsh and Dannii Minogue at auditions this Thursday — but stunned bosses last week by quitting the massive hit.

We told on Saturday how Sharon — who had numerous rows with Dannii in the last series — pulled out after contract negotiations broke down.

Filming

The pal said: “Sharon has not fallen out with Cowell, not in the slightest.

“It all comes down to two things — money and Dannii.

“At the moment she’s filming America’s Got Talent for Cowell and she’s concentrating on her US TV projects.

“Early last year Sharon was meant to appear in Dancing With The Stars, the US version of Strictly, but she had to pull out to have an operation.

Advertisement

“She’s always wanted to do it, so what better time to put on her dancing shoes and go up against the X Factor than when the shows start again in September?”

Names are already being bandied about for Sharon’s X Factor replacement.

Bookies yesterday stopped taking bets on Lulu.

Spice Girl Mel B, who is just as fiery as Sharon, is also in the frame, and so are Girls Aloud’s Cheryl Cole and diva Charlotte Church.

But we can reveal that the short-term solution under discussion is using guest judges during the audition rounds.

tammyy2j
09-06-2008, 11:21
Louis said in an interview on an Irish tv show that Sharon is gone for good this time.

Mel B, Cheryl Cole and Charlotte Church are all rumoured to be in the running for her spot on X Factor

Abigail
09-06-2008, 11:41
Noooooooo, not Charlotte Church.

So Sharon has defected to the BBC. Can't see that pleasing ITV :lol: I guess there's going to be even more competition and rivalry between the two broadcasters now.

moonstorm
09-06-2008, 15:33
Sharon Osbourne is being lined up to appear as a contestant on the BBC's Strictly Come Dancing, reports The Sun.

Osbourne quit as a judge on ITV's The X Factor last week after several bust-ups with Dannii Minogue and rumours of her requesting a £500,000 pay rise.

A source revealed: "It would make one hell of a TV battle, so don't be surprised to see [Sharon] hitting the dancefloor."

The 55-year-old was scheduled to appear on the US’s Dancing With The Stars last year but withdrew to undergo surgery.

"She's always wanted to do it, so what better time to put on her dancing shoes and go up against The X Factor than when the shows start again in September?" added the insider.

Lulu, Mel B, Charlotte Church and Cheryl Cole are rumoured to be in the running to replace Osbourne on the X Factor judging panel.

Jessie Wallace
09-06-2008, 15:49
Sharon Osbourne is being lined up to appear as a contestant on the BBC's Strictly Come Dancing, reports The Sun.

Osbourne quit as a judge on ITV's The X Factor last week after several bust-ups with Dannii Minogue and rumours of her requesting a £500,000 pay rise.

A source revealed: "It would make one hell of a TV battle, so don't be surprised to see [Sharon] hitting the dancefloor."

The 55-year-old was scheduled to appear on the US’s Dancing With The Stars last year but withdrew to undergo surgery.

"She's always wanted to do it, so what better time to put on her dancing shoes and go up against The X Factor than when the shows start again in September?" added the insider.

Lulu, Mel B, Charlotte Church and Cheryl Cole are rumoured to be in the running to replace Osbourne on the X Factor judging panel.

Erm look 3 post's up, and this has already been posted! lol

Abigail
09-06-2008, 16:20

Erm look 3 post's up, and this has already been posted! lol

And also in the celeb gossip thread. It must be Sharon Osbourne appreciation day lol.

Jessie Wallace
09-06-2008, 17:49
Surley that's everyday (well she would like to think so anyway) :rotfl:

Perdita
10-06-2008, 06:27
I think I stick to this thread rather than the other two that have also been on this subject, hope it is ok.

SHARON Osbourne yesterday backed Cheryl Cole to take her job after quitting The X Factor.

The reality show judge, 55, said bosses should pick the Girls Aloud singer, 24.

Sharon admitted she was paid too much — and insisted she still loved the ITV1 hit.

The Sun told how she had demanded £500,000 for the new series to top up her £1.5million salary.

She told Radio 1: “It’s a ridiculous amount, but we all get paid too bloody much. I love the show, but it’s just time to move on.”

She said of getting a new judge: “It’ll take the show to a different place. It’ll be probably even better.”

Spice Girl Mel B is also said to be a possible replacement.

DJ Chris Moyles asked about Sharon’s rows with judge Dannii Minogue in the last series — and Sharon joked that she would put her in a tank with sharks.

The star is in talks to be on BBC1 rival Strictly Come Dancing.

sindydoll
10-06-2008, 08:50
this is taken from ds:...... Sharon Osbourne is being lined up to appear as a contestant on the BBC's Strictly Come Dancing, reports The Sun.

Abigail
10-06-2008, 11:02
^ Look up six posts then another two.

lizann
10-06-2008, 11:39
I'd like to see Kylie Minogue as a judge

Abigail
10-06-2008, 11:40
I'd take Kylie over Dannii. At least Kylie knows what she's talking about, I can count on one hand the number of 'hits' Dannii has had

Abbie
10-06-2008, 11:45
I'd take Kylie over Dannii. At least Kylie knows what she's talking about, I can count on one hand the number of 'hits' Dannii has had

Lol Same here, I mean why they chose Danni, is beyond me

.:SpIcYsPy:.
10-06-2008, 20:43
It's been confirmed that Cheryl Cole is the new judge!

Bad Wolf
10-06-2008, 20:50
from bbc news

Girls Aloud star Cheryl Cole has been named as the new judge on The X Factor.

The pop star will fill the gap left by long-standing judge Sharon Osbourne, who announced earlier last week she was quitting the show.

Cole will join Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh and Dannii Minogue on the popular ITV talent show.

Osbourne, who was a judge for four years, revealed both Cole and Spice Girl Mel B had been approached about taking her place.

Cole, 24, who shot to fame when Girls Aloud won reality TV show Popstars: The Rivals, said it was "scary" to be joining the ITV1 show.

"It's a massive honour to be following in the footsteps of Sharon Osbourne," she said.

"The rest of the girls have said they're right behind me, which is really important for me as it will be weird to be on the other side of the fence this time.

Sharon Osbourne has denied she quit over pay
"So whilst we get started on the next album, it will be brilliant to be a judge on The X Factor."

Osbourne, 55, who announced she was quitting on Friday, has denied she walked out because TV bosses would not meet her pay demands.

She told Radio 1 on Monday: "We were negotiating and they offered me an obscene amount of money. It didn't change anything. I had to walk away when I did."

Cole is to start filming in London this week. The series returns later in the summer.

Chris_2k11
10-06-2008, 21:21
I'd take Kylie over Dannii. At least Kylie knows what she's talking about, I can count on one hand the number of 'hits' Dannii has had:confused: Dannii's actually had quite a few hits, including a number 2 over here.

DaVeyWaVey
10-06-2008, 21:23
I wonder what Cheryl will be like in Sharon's place. I will really miss Sharon. :(

StarsOfCCTV
10-06-2008, 21:53
Same. I can't see Cheryl managing a group after the show - doesn't she have girls aloud commitments or something?

Debs
10-06-2008, 22:32
I'd take Kylie over Dannii. At least Kylie knows what she's talking about, I can count on one hand the number of 'hits' Dannii has had:confused: Dannii's actually had quite a few hits, including a number 2 over here.

shes had loads, i had her first ever album on cassette :lol: i loved it! and love all the stuff she has done since!

Perdita
11-06-2008, 06:28
SEXY Cheryl Cole has replaced Sharon Osbourne on the X Factor.

The Girls Aloud beauty will net £800,000 as a judge - after Sharon, 55, quit over her £2million pay demand last week.

Cheryl said last night: “I’m so excited, although it’s scary joining a huge programme.”

And the singer - who shot to fame when the band formed on Popstars: The Rivals - added: “The rest of the girls are right behind me. But it will be weird to be on the other side of the fence this time.”

But show insiders expect fireworks as Cheryl, 24 - who debuts at auditions tomorrow - and new colleague Dannii Minogue have clashed in the past.

Dannii, 36, branded Girls Aloud CHAVS and blanked them when they appeared on last year’s show.

She said of the band: “They say vile stuff about me in every interview.

“Those girls, with their punch-ups and court appearances, I don’t want to get involved.”

Cheryl hit back by slamming Dannii’s plastic surgery.

But last night Dannii said: “I am absolutely thrilled. I called Cheryl as soon as I heard to congratulate her.”

Cheryl, wife of cheating Chelsea footballer Ashley, beat Spice Girl Mel B to the job.

She will also join judges Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh at the London auditions to be shown later this summer.

not a good decision imo :thumbsdow

Perdita
11-06-2008, 14:05
Former X Factor finalist Andy Abraham has said that he won't watch the show now that Sharon Osbourne has left.

The 2008 British Eurovision entrant claimed the programme would be weaker without Osbourne on the judging panel.

"I'm not sure if I'll even bother watching it," Abraham told DS. "I like the fact that you never know what Sharon's going to be getting up to, or what water she is going to be throwing over Louis.

"For me, it's going to be a bit strange."

When asked what he thought about Dannii Minogue's performance on the reality show, he commented: "I find Dannii a bit bland. Sharon's got a bit more to her.

"[Sharon] has got so much more experience, she's been through the business and seen so many more high profile acts than I'm sure Dannii has."

He added: "I wish Dannii well, but for me, Sharon will always be the main person."

Perdita
11-06-2008, 14:08
Sharon Osbourne told Simon Cowell to fire Dannii Minogue if he wanted her to stay as an X Factor judge.

Contrary to recent reports, Osbourne's former co-star and close friend Louis Walsh said that her decision to quit was not the result of a salary dispute. Instead, he revealed details of Sharon's shock ultimatum and criticised Cowell for not accepting her demand.

"It's not contracts or money, it's Dannii. They don't get on at all and she wasn't happy with the situation," Walsh told the Sunday Mirror. "Sharon has walked off, she's gone. Why didn't they give Dannii the boot instead?"

Walsh added that he has not yet signed up for the new series because he is "devastated" by Sharon's departure.

"I haven't signed yet but I am negotiating. It's a difficult situation," he explained. "Sharon is a great friend, I talk to her everyday. She is devastated and so am I. I have absolutely no relationship at all with Dannii. I have no idea how she is feeling about all of this because I simply do not talk to her.

"I am going to miss Sharon greatly. The show won't be the same. Sharon is very very upset about all this. She loves the show and everything about it."

Osbourne denied rumours of a feud with Minogue for most of the fourth series. However, she later publicly claimed that Dannii had been hired by Cowell for her looks rather than her contribution to the music industry.

Meanwhile, Minogue has accused Sharon of bullying her on the set of the show.

11-06-2008, 15:25
SEXY Cheryl Cole has replaced Sharon Osbourne on the X Factor.[/B]
Clearly written by the Sun.. everyone is sexy in their eyes:lol: (Not saying Cheryl is not sexy or anything, she's gorgeous :) )

Chris_2k11
11-06-2008, 16:36
he commented: "I find Dannii a bit bland.Talk about pot kettle black! :eek:

Perdita
11-06-2008, 16:43

This post looks as if I called her bland and now you are insinuating I am too :lol: I don't think I am though :nono:

Chris_2k11
11-06-2008, 16:45

This post looks as if I called her bland and now you are insinuating I am too :lol: I don't think I am though :nono:lmao I know I just edited it, sorry about that :rotfl: I was of course talking about Andy :D

miccisy
11-06-2008, 16:45
Cant beleive they have rplaced sharon with her. Shes racist and a horrible person. What is she gunna offer??? She cannot sing herself. God they could have chose anyone but they decide to chose sum crap.

Well they have lost one viewer now. Cant be bothered with it now. Was gutted when sharon left but this just makes it worse!!!

Perdita
11-06-2008, 16:51
Cant beleive they have rplaced sharon with her. Shes racist and a horrible person. What is she gunna offer??? She cannot sing herself. God they could have chose anyone but they decide to chose sum crap.

Well they have lost one viewer now. Cant be bothered with it now. Was gutted when sharon left but this just makes it worse!!!

Why do you think she is racist and horrible? Never heard of any racist issues with her and don't know her so I would not comment on whether she is horrible or not

Bad Wolf
11-06-2008, 18:05

Why do you think she is racist and horrible? Never heard of any racist issues with her and don't know her so I would not comment on whether she is horrible or not

i think she is refering to the time she attacked the toilet attendant, although i dont think it was racially motivated

11-06-2008, 19:48
When was this? Racist.. Cheryl?
I think Cheryl is a good replacement cosidering Sharon left.. as in walked out and not been booted out!

Katy
12-06-2008, 09:44
I thought it was Nadine who attacked the toilet attendent.

I stilldont like the woman though, far too self obsessed with all the magazines she does. She is probably a really nice person i just dont get that impression. She money grabbing like her awful husband cashley

tammyy2j
12-06-2008, 10:51
ITV has confirmed that Cheryl Cole will replace Sharon Osbourne as one of the four judges on The X Factor. The Osbourne matriarch announced that she was leaving the programme four days ago, amid rumours of rows with fellow judge Dannii Minogue and issues of pay. On Chris Moyles' Radio1 show yesterday, Osbourne denied both of these, but did say she wanted Cheryl Cole to replace her. Cole is currently on tour with Girls Aloud but producers think that they may be able to accommodate this even though filming starts on Thursday. SOURCE: GUARDIAN (11/06/2008)

Chloe O'brien
12-06-2008, 15:11
She won't be able to fill Sharon's shoes that true but at least she has had experience with Pop Stars the Rivals, which is a lot more than Danni knows about reality shows. I still think Simon must have fallen and banged his head when he gave her a job.

Perdita
13-06-2008, 06:12
CHERYL Cole joins the X Factor gang for the first time — but looks desperate to keep away from rival Dannii Minogue.

Despite both sitting next to Simon Cowell they manage to keep a FOUR FOOT distance between each other.

But as Cheryl’s band Girls Aloud would sing, there’s a Whole Lotta History between them.

Danni, 37, slated the girl group.

And fiery Cheryl, 24, accused Kylie’s sister of having too much plastic surgery.

Luckily Louis Walsh, Dermot O’Leary and Holly Willoughby were at the show’s London auditions to keep the girls apart.

From The Sun

Abigail
13-06-2008, 23:22
Cheryl Cole has branded fellow X Factor judge Louis Walsh a "rubbish manager".

The Girls Aloud singer made a dig at her former boss on her first day on the judging panel for the new series.

A show source told The Mirror: "The contestants said they wanted to have Louis as a boss and Cheryl piped up and joked 'No you don't!'

"With a grin on her face. she told them Louis was a rubbish manager - obviously in reference to when he was in charge of Girls Aloud."

However, Cole is said to be fitting in well after joining the ITV1 talent search as a last-minute replacement for Sharon Osbourne.

Commenting on the first day of auditions in London, the insider said: "There's lots of smiling and joking and Cheryl was playing her part and being vocal about the acts she liked and disliked."

Walsh stopped managing Girls Aloud in 2006 to concentrate on his other commitments.

She's playing with fire and going to make a lot of enemies if she carries on like this.

Chloe O'brien
14-06-2008, 00:30
It's all Panto Cheryl is getting her dig in for Sharon, because if rumors are true about Sharon appearing on SCD X-factor viewing figures are going to nose dive so they have to throw in some arguments.

Perdita
14-06-2008, 07:02
I find it a shame that there is a slanging match before the programme has even started. :( We are all going to watch the show, there is no need to fuel the interest imo. which is what I suspect is behind all these publications.

megan999
14-06-2008, 18:00
It's all Panto Cheryl is getting her dig in for Sharon, because if rumors are true about Sharon appearing on SCD X-factor viewing figures are going to nose dive so they have to throw in some arguments.

OMG I thought I was happy Sharon has gone and I wouldn't see her (much) but now she'll be on SCD?!?! No way! I never liked her much, far too mouthy for me. Cheryl is OK I suppose. I'll have to sit back and observe how she does. But she's GOT TO be better than Sharon IMO. :rotfl:

Chloe O'brien
14-06-2008, 22:56
Lorraine Kelly made a brilliant suggestion today in her column in the Sun. That X-factor should have choosen Boy George as a replacement for Sharon as he would be a real thorn in Simon's side.

tammyy2j
16-06-2008, 12:30
What experience has Cheryl with mentoring or managing a pop act?

I cant see why she was chosen.

Yes she was in a reality music show but so was The Cheeky Girls, Michelle Marsh, Darius etc why not them.

I think someone with more experience would have been better

LostVoodoo
16-06-2008, 19:13
Yes she was in a reality music show but so was The Cheeky Girls, Michelle Marsh, Darius etc why not them.

because Cheryl is in a successful band? :lol:

Abigail
16-06-2008, 20:59
The Sugababes do not believe that Cheryl Cole is the right choice for the X Factor judging panel.

Cole was named as Sharon Osbourne's replacement on the ITV reality show last week, but the band said the role should have gone to someone more experienced.

Keisha Buchanan told The Mirror: "Actually, I would have preferred Boy George. He has got so much more experience, and so many more years behind him. I think he would have been much better as the judge."

Amelle Berrabah backed up her bandmate's opinion, saying: "Yeah, Boy George has generations more on her. Not that Cheryl hasn't got any experience, but someone who has been going for as long as he has should have been given a chance." Sugababes criticise Cole over 'X Factor'

Perdita
17-06-2008, 06:18
The Sugababes do not believe that Cheryl Cole is the right choice for the X Factor judging panel.
Cole was named as Sharon Osbourne's replacement on the ITV reality show last week, but the band said the role should have gone to someone more experienced.

Keisha Buchanan told The Mirror: "Actually, I would have preferred Boy George. He has got so much more experience, and so many more years behind him. I think he would have been much better as the judge."

Amelle Berrabah backed up her bandmate's opinion, saying: "Yeah, Boy George has generations more on her. Not that Cheryl hasn't got any experience, but someone who has been going for as long as he has should have been given a chance." Sugababes criticise Cole over 'X Factor'

They are not the only ones but has George paid the other girls to make their statements? Strange that both of them think he would be more suitable. :hmm:

Perdita
17-06-2008, 06:41
NEW judge Cheryl Cole broke down and wept during the X Factor auditions, TV Biz can reveal.

The Girls Aloud beauty, who has replaced Sharon Osbourne on the ITV1 hit, was moved to tears by the hard luck stories of pop wannabes.

After months of turmoil in her private life, Cheryl has been extremely emotional during filming. A show source admitted: “Cheryl has found it hard-going. She thought the auditions were going to be a laugh. But when wannabes come on with their life stories it can get quite harrowing.

“Cheryl has sat there crying quite a lot. It really reminds her of her own background and start in music.

“She came from a humble home in Newcastle and had to battle to get through Popstars: The Rivals.” Cheryl won herself a place in Girls Aloud on the telly talent show in 2002 and the group soon had a Christmas No1 hit with Sound Of The Underground.

Stunning Cheryl, 24, has had a rough year after The Sun revealed how her husband Chelsea footie star Ashley Cole cheated on her with a hairdresser.

Now Ashley is desperately trying to woo his wife back. But their split had taken its toll on Cheryl as her weight plummeted during their separation. However, apart from the occasional bouts of tears, Cheryl is looking better than ever during filming with fellow judges Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh and Dannii Minogue.

The judges will once again go down to three when the auditions go to Birmingham next week.

Dannii, 36, is jetting back to her home in Australia for a while to film scenes for Australia’s Got Talent.

From The Sun

Her rational ability to judge looks very much in peril imo.

Chloe O'brien
17-06-2008, 11:30
X Factor winner Steve Brookstein has claimed that Sharon Osbourne is "past her sell-by date".

He said he is pleased Osbourne is no longer a judge on the reality show because he found her "nasty" and "abusive".

Osbourne described Brookstein as "a fake" and "full of crap" during the X Factor final in 2004, but he still went on to win the show.

"She's past her sell-by date," the singer told the Daily Record. "I think people have forgotten how nasty she was to me and how she has been proven wrong.

"What's the worst I've done? Worked in Butlins? Is that as bad a person as I am?"

He added: "I don't wish her any bad things, whatever she does is up to her. She is the most abusive woman I've ever met, but I put it down to her having issues. She's had a hard life.

"I've never had much respect for her, but I don't wish her any ill, she's a human being - just."

Perdita
17-06-2008, 19:48
Cheryl Cole's Girls Aloud bandmates are reportedly jealous that she has joined The X Factor.

The 25-year-old replaced Sharon Osbourne on the judging panel of the ITV talent search last week.

Her fellow singers are now said to be annoyed that she has joined the show after her recent solo stint on will.i.am's single 'Heartbreaker' and marriage to football star Ashley Cole.

A source told Heat: "The other girls are very put out that Cheryl has landed the judging role. They knew she really wanted it, but some of them found the news hard to handle, especially Nadine (Coyle).

"At the end of the day, all the girls are talented, but Nadine has got the best voice and as it's a singing contest she should be the one for the job."

Sarah Harding is also rumoured to be upset as she is keen to land a TV role when the group eventually splits.

A friend is quoted as saying: "Sarah and Cheryl both wanted to get into TV, but it seems Cheryl is moving closer to that before her. Sarah booked a magazine deal with her boyfriend Tom (Crane) when Ashley and Cheryl were all over the press and now she's really envious of Cheryl's X Factor deal.

"It's getting really competitive. Sarah always thought that she'd be the TV girl in the group, not Cheryl."

Abigail
17-06-2008, 22:35
X Factor winner Steve Brookstein has claimed that Sharon Osbourne is "past her sell-by date".

He said he is pleased Osbourne is no longer a judge on the reality show because he found her "nasty" and "abusive".

Osbourne described Brookstein as "a fake" and "full of crap" during the X Factor final in 2004, but he still went on to win the show.

"She's past her sell-by date," the singer told the Daily Record. "I think people have forgotten how nasty she was to me and how she has been proven wrong.

"What's the worst I've done? Worked in Butlins? Is that as bad a person as I am?"

He added: "I don't wish her any bad things, whatever she does is up to her. She is the most abusive woman I've ever met, but I put it down to her having issues. She's had a hard life.

"I've never had much respect for her, but I don't wish her any ill, she's a human being - just."

Coming from the guy who got dropped by a record label cos his music was rubbish.

Abigail
17-06-2008, 22:37
NEW judge Cheryl Cole broke down and wept during the X Factor auditions, TV Biz can reveal.

The Girls Aloud beauty, who has replaced Sharon Osbourne on the ITV1 hit, was moved to tears by the hard luck stories of pop wannabes.

After months of turmoil in her private life, Cheryl has been extremely emotional during filming. A show source admitted: “Cheryl has found it hard-going. She thought the auditions were going to be a laugh. But when wannabes come on with their life stories it can get quite harrowing.

“Cheryl has sat there crying quite a lot. It really reminds her of her own background and start in music.

“She came from a humble home in Newcastle and had to battle to get through Popstars: The Rivals.” Cheryl won herself a place in Girls Aloud on the telly talent show in 2002 and the group soon had a Christmas No1 hit with Sound Of The Underground.

Stunning Cheryl, 24, has had a rough year after The Sun revealed how her husband Chelsea footie star Ashley Cole cheated on her with a hairdresser.

Now Ashley is desperately trying to woo his wife back. But their split had taken its toll on Cheryl as her weight plummeted during their separation. However, apart from the occasional bouts of tears, Cheryl is looking better than ever during filming with fellow judges Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh and Dannii Minogue.

The judges will once again go down to three when the auditions go to Birmingham next week.

Dannii, 36, is jetting back to her home in Australia for a while to film scenes for Australia’s Got Talent.

Not another series of sob stories :thumbsdow It's about talent, not where you came from or the dead end job you're in.

Perdita
23-06-2008, 07:03
DANNII Minogue has blasted former X Factor judge Sharon Osbourne – branding the show “a dream” without her.

The sexy star fought a bitter battle with the 55-year-old in last year’s series.

But Sharon quit in a pay row and has been replaced with Girls Aloud star Cheryl Cole.

Auditions began this month and Dannii, 36, said she was loving filming with Cheryl, Louis Walsh, 55, and Simon Cowell, 48.

She revealed: “It’s just a dream. It’s a very different set.

“No more eyes down during commercial breaks trying not to look tense. It wasn’t the sort of environment I wanted to be in.”

Dannii, sister of singer Kylie, has also fought with Cheryl, 24, in the past.

She branded Girls Aloud chavs – and the band hit back by accusing her of having too much plastic surgery.

But the Aussie, who flew back from judging Australia’s Got Talent yesterday, said they have put their differences behind them.

She said: “We started off on a good foot. I went to her dressing room and said: ‘Welcome to the set, let’s have some fun.’

“I can’t say I don’t enjoy the current situation a lot more.”

But a pal of Dannii’s said there has been “frostiness” between the pair on the ITV1 show, hosted by Dermot O’Leary, 35. Holly Willoughby, 27, presents spin-off Xtra Factor.

The source added: “They are not the best of pals and probably never will be. But anything is better than Sharon. Dannii is now the show’s senior woman and feels like she won the war.”

I want Sharon to come back :crying:

Abbie
23-06-2008, 09:25
Does Danni get on with anyone?

Perdita
25-06-2008, 06:15
WAG Cheryl Cole says she has got what it takes to do what Sharon Osbourne never did on the X Factor — win it.

The Girls Aloud beauty, 24, has taken over from the 55- year-old rock matriarch and is currently filming auditions up and down the country with her fellow judges Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh.

Speaking for the first time since landing her dream job, Cheryl told TV Biz she is most likely to win the show — because she has experienced both sides of reality TV.

Cheryl won her place in chartbusting pop group Girls Aloud on 2002 TV show Pop Stars: The Rivals and insists she knows how to get the best out of a talent show format.

She said: “Out of all the panel, I am the one who can relate to what those people are going through.”

Girls Aloud are the biggest chart success ever spawned by a telly talent show. She added: “I stood there and did all that so I have a good chance of winning.”

Last year newcomer Dannii Minogue won the show with her protegé Leon Jackson.

Dannii will join the show late this year as she is Down Under filming Australia’s Got Talent, so Cheryl has chance to get her eye in early and earmark contestants she wants.

A source said: “Cheryl is taking a real interest in some of the younger contestants.”

Cheryl arrived for filming in Birmingham looking very thin. The star has just returned from a make-or-break holiday with love rat hubby Ashley Cole.

An onlooker said: “She was thin and frail.”

From The Sun

If all her acts get voted off first, perhaps we shall be spared her judgement on future X Factors. I don't believe she has the knowledge and experience that Sharon has

lizann
25-06-2008, 12:11
I'd like to see Sharon back she will be missed.

Cheryl Cole should be grateful to Louis Walsh he gave her big break and managed Girls Aloud very successful.

I dont think Danni or Cheryl are good choices as judges where is Leon since he won

At least Leona Lewis and Shayne Ward are still popular

Perdita
27-06-2008, 06:20
SHARON Osbourne has turned down a big money offer from Strictly Come Dancing — to hot-foot it to the States.

The feisty former X Factor judge, 55, is off across the pond after landing her own variety show.

She had been in talks with Strictly bosses to compete on the BBC1 show, as we revealed.

Her spokesman Gary Farrow told TV Biz: “Sharon was honoured to be offered Strictly Come Dancing, it’s her favourite show.

“But the timings didn’t work out, she could not commit herself to such a long run.”

He added: “She would love to do the show in the future.”

We told how Sharon quit ITV1’s X Factor over a massive cash row.

She demanded a £500,000 pay hike to £2million for the new series of the telly talent show — but ended up leaving.

She has since been replaced by Girls Aloud beauty Cheryl Cole, 24.

Sharon — who has recently been filming America’s Got Talent in the US — now plans a holiday with rocker hubby Ozzy, 59, before launching her new show.

We have to say Sharon, you would have been brilliant on Strictly . . .

tammyy2j
27-06-2008, 12:51
I'd like to see Sharon

I dont think Danni or Cheryl are good choices as judges where is Leon since he won

At least Leona Lewis and Shayne Ward are still popular

I agree i'd like to see Sharon back

What has happened to Leon Jackson??????????

Chloe O'brien
29-06-2008, 00:40
He's got his old job back in the sports shop.:lol: