PDA

View Full Version : Leanne's hubby hits the Street

Perdita
06-06-2008, 06:28
CORRIE favourite Jane Danson has a brand new co-star — her HUSBAND.

Former Brookside actor Robert Beck will turn up in Weatherfield as hard man Jimmy Dockerson.

He started filming his scenes in Manchester this week and will be on screen from next month. Bosses plan to make him a regular.

Pals say Jane, 29 — who plays scheming Leanne Battersby — has always wanted to work with Robert, 37.

A Corrie source said: “We’re chuffed Robert’s joining us. He’s been in Brookie, Emmerdale and The Bill so he’s a bit of a soap veteran.

His character Jimmy will be a tough nut and will make quite an impact.” Jane had fancied Robert from the age of 13 and told school pals she’d marry him one day.

Her dream came true when they wed in 2005 after meeting at the 1999 British soap awards. They now have a son, Harry, aged one.

A friend of Jane said: “She was over the moon when Robert landed the role. Now they can get up in the morning and go to work together.”

Robert’s character will be an old pal of property developer Tony Gordon (Gray O’Brien) — the boyfriend of Carla Connor (Alison King).

From the Sun

Katy
06-06-2008, 08:34
I love Robert Beck, he should be good in Corrie.

Chris_2k11
06-06-2008, 18:09
Good casting :cheer:

Chloe O'brien
06-06-2008, 23:03
I remember him in Brookie a few years back and as Bernice's boyfriend Gavin in Emmerdale who turned out to be gay and have a fling with Paddy's cousin.

Ruffed_lemur
07-06-2008, 16:25
I remember him in Brookie a few years back and as Bernice's boyfriend Gavin in Emmerdale who turned out to be gay and have a fling with Paddy's cousin.

I remember him in Emmerdale, and thought he was quite nice too. So I shall look forward to that! :)

Chris_2k11
07-06-2008, 16:28
Was it that Jason bloke? I didnt know he was Paddy's cousin

Abbie
07-06-2008, 17:25
Should be good :thumbsup:

Chloe O'brien
08-06-2008, 00:56
Was it that Jason bloke? I didnt know he was Paddy's cousin

Yeah that's the one Chris. Berince went on about her Gavin for weeks and when he did appear in the dales he did the dirty on her not only with Jason but with a female can't remember her name but she bought Home Farm.

Perdita
19-06-2008, 06:25
Coronation Street star Jane Danson has rubbished rumours that she helped her husband land a role in the soap.

Earlier this month, it was announced that the 29-year-old's husband Robert Beck will be playing Tony Gordon's (Gray O'Brien) old friend Jimmy Dockerson.

The actress - who plays ex-hooker Leanne Battersby in the Weatherfield soap - told New!: "He was cast in the normal way, and it was nothing to do with me. I'm so proud of the fact he's joining. He's been in Emmerdale and Brookside, so he's earned this."

Beck appeared in Brookside as Peter Harrison between 1991 and 1993 and later assumed the role of Gavin Ferris in Emmerdale. His other acting credits include Waterloo Road, The Bill and Doctors.