PDA

View Full Version : I was around when Soapboards......

Abbie
28-05-2008, 17:17
Thought we could have a nice little thread reflecting on what used to be on soapboards. We have changed over the nearly 3 and half years we have going. We have members that have been here from the start, some for only half that time and then new members. Of course there are members who sadly dont really come on here anymore. Of course if they ever came back it would be great if they came on here and put in their input of what they remember from soapboards.

Heres the kind of things I mean this thread is for :

I remember when we used to have all those Happy Birthday threads for every single day of the year :p

I also remember when we all had Petz, and we had to feed and everything and they appeared near your name on a post, I think or somewhere near there.

I remember the old shoutbox where it kept the history of who had been posting in the shoutbox the most and it was Spicypy for like ages :)

StarsOfCCTV
28-05-2008, 17:18
You had Petz? Aww cute :D I wish I'd joined SB's earlier, I like this place :p

Siobhan
28-05-2008, 17:20
I loved Petz... I missed it when it was gone.

I remember that over night I would come back to over 500 new post..
There was always someone in shoutbox.

I was Beth in the first Big brother and I loved it.
I just has one kid when I started and Ben was the first confirmed birth on here.
I remember Rimmer under many different names :lol::lol:

Abbie
28-05-2008, 17:23
The Petz was good, but I think mine was near death soooo mnay times :(
The first Big brothers were sooo funny.
I cant even remember how many different names Rimmer has had and colours now I think of it :eek:

Chris_2k11
28-05-2008, 18:06
I remember that over night I would come back to over 500 new post..I remember like a 1000 :lol: those were the days :love:

and our little chatroom :cool:

Abbie
28-05-2008, 18:07
Where did all those posts from? Where they are in the soap discussions, or general?
I dont really remember those days, thats when I didnt post, like at all, I never knew what to say

Chris_2k11
28-05-2008, 18:10
they were just all over really, it used to be really active back then

Abbie
28-05-2008, 18:10
Awww it would be nice if we could get back to that.
I remember in the general discussion threads there would be loads of topics and poll, mostly posted by Chance

Chris_2k11
28-05-2008, 18:16
lots of 'Shannis/Kalfie' threads if i remember correctly! :eek:

DaVeyWaVey
28-05-2008, 18:32
I remember when Diamond1 was here and her and PB made up "the love docs" and invented Tabbie and Mave... :lol: and those names were err...very familiar! Unfortunately I haven't seen Diamond1 for ages. It would be great if she returned to the boards.

Also remember SBBB2 and playing Graham. :lol: "ello darlinz"

Also when Devon Seas was being written by Bry and Abi... brilliant stuff. I hope that returns sometime in the future too!

And, I can also remember the leaderboard for the Shoutbox and the MSN quizzes that JoJo created and they were held once a week 8pm - 9pm over MSN and the leaderboard was posted here on Soapboards. I loved them and really want them to return too.

I have some wonderful memories from this place already.

Katy
28-05-2008, 18:37
Alan in one of the big brother was hilarious. Ithink he was called Betty or something.

When there were loads of posts

The shoutbox leader board and Di Marco and Spicy were always at the top.

di marco
28-05-2008, 19:06
yeh i remember all those what people have said too:

- shoutbox leaderboard, and when we were all trying for ages to work out the code for the star thing ie. *di marco.......etc etc rather than it coming up with a normal shout
- the chat room thing, although i didnt really use it much
- when there used to be 1000 - 1500 posts a day and it used to take me forever in the evenings to read them all!
- the birthday threads i was thinking of the other day lol i used to say happy bday on there even when i didnt know any of the members lol!

and id forgotten about the msn quizzes, they were so much fun, gave me something to do on a sunday evening even though i hardly ever got any points lol!

also something else i was thinking about the other day, when we had the arcade, everyone wanted the high scores, i remember dawn had most of them i think

Chris_2k11
28-05-2008, 19:08
Oh my days i forgot about the arcade

di marco
28-05-2008, 19:09
i was thinking about it the other day when i was bored lol! and i cant actually remember it disappearing, although obviously it did cos its not there anymore!

Jessie Wallace
28-05-2008, 19:11
I still want an arcade, i used to really enjoy that, i have to use another forum for an arcade now :(
I like the birthday thread, (although didn't like saying up every night to post it) But it was nice to say happy birthday, i think we should do one just for when it's a regular's birthday, coz there's so many birthdays on here that i miss now, as i never remember to look down the bottom of the screen.

Jessie Wallace
28-05-2008, 19:12
i was thinking about it the other day when i was bored lol! and i cant actually remember it disappearing, although obviously it did cos its not there anymore!

It got removed when the site was updated, the same time as the pet's went and when we got the modd's function.

Bryan
28-05-2008, 19:12
I remeber when the Eastenders forum was the place to be, with all the discussions and the spoilers about the Dirty Den death plot and all of that :D

Abbie
28-05-2008, 19:13
:eek: The arcade, I remember that, although I never used it
What was the chat room?

Chris_2k11
28-05-2008, 19:16
I remeber when the Eastenders forum was the place to be, with all the discussions and the spoilers about the Dirty Den death plot and all of that :Dand taking the mick out of corrie - Shelley/Charlie yawnfest

Abbie
28-05-2008, 19:18
I think a lot of the larger threads are for couples in soaps, I mean the Stacey and Bradley one was huge!

Katy
28-05-2008, 19:19
yeah i know and there were loads on Kat Slater and Alfie and then Alfie and Little Mo.

I still cant believe how long its been.

Chris_2k11
28-05-2008, 19:22
its nice that quite a few are still here from the beginning. i remember the first time i came on, everything was so confusing lol

Katy
28-05-2008, 19:26
yeah and a lot of us had come from bbc messageboards which had shut down. It was very confusing and lots of people didnt quite know what to post/

Abbie
28-05-2008, 19:29
I came from there ! :D
I was looking through some of the first threads in the general discussion area, I found one called : Where is DM?
I think there is a few like that with other people or something

Trinity
28-05-2008, 19:30
When soapboards started I used to actually watch soaps, I had been lurking on the BBC soap pages for a while and when they closed I came here like a load of people. Since then I have stopped watching all the main soaps, but soapboards has expanded to take in drama an other TV shows.

The boards are much quieter than they used to be, though.

I remember when Rimmer was Spud! Mordor, Norman Bates, Ghost Rider... how many other names?

Really I loved the arcade!

Also there were some really funny episodes with various posters - I wonder sometimes what happened to Walford Queen.

Then there were the trolls. A bit of bitchy entertainment from people who came on to cause trouble and ended up in the soapboards gold thread!

It was funny meeting up with Chloe O'Brian, Rimmer and Luna. Nice people

I liked talking about school with Bondboffin in the chat room and also with JoJo about kids.

Katy
28-05-2008, 19:32
what was Rimmers first name on the board was it Mordor?

I cant believe how much i have changed since joining. I mean i am now longer at school i have moved out. Its strange.

Chris_2k11
28-05-2008, 19:34
does anyone ever look back at old threads and think god did i used to speak like that haha

Abbie
28-05-2008, 19:34
I can only remember Rimmer has Norban Bates :eek:
I remember Walford Queen, she scared me. She was Banned in the end
What was the soapboards gold thread?

Abbie
28-05-2008, 19:35
does anyone ever look back at old threads and think god did i used to speak like that haha

:lol: I have today, I cant believe half the things I said!

Trinity
28-05-2008, 19:38
http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=139

Soapboards gold is still there.

Spud was Rimmer's first name if I remember correctly.

Chris_2k11
28-05-2008, 19:40
'sexi pop star' haha

Abbie
28-05-2008, 19:45
'sexi pop star' haha

:lol: Just reading that thread she posted :rotfl:

Katy
28-05-2008, 19:54
i remember that going on, i have just read the whole thread it made me giggle. Especially the Amarillo part.

Abigail
28-05-2008, 20:15
http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=139

Soapboards gold is still there.

The Gold section is one of the best bits about this site :rotfl:

I joined back in 2005 then forgot about joining. I can't remember when I came back, must be about two years ago or thereabouts. I wasn't here when you had petz or the arcade or the birthday thread. I do remember the old shoutbox, I was always scared to post in there :rotfl: Its a good way to chat to other members and make friends though.

Its a great little community on here. Everybody is weird (in a good way!) and unique. Thats what I like about this place :D

BTW, does anyone know what the friends list is for?

Perdita
28-05-2008, 20:33
Abigail, are you saying I am weird? Well, you are bloody right, I am :lol:

Abigail
28-05-2008, 20:36
I was actually thinking of you when I wrote that :lol: It's great having you around, you brighten up my day :D Seriously, you're great to chat to. And your stats thread is one of the best threads on here :thumbsup:

Abbie
28-05-2008, 20:37
:lol: Ive always wanted to know what the friends or buddy list was for
I love the fun and games section

Debs
28-05-2008, 21:02
i remember when soaps had only about 50 members!!!

i remember having so much fun playing kyle in the first sbbb and then soooo much more fun being beryl!

i loved the petz

i have soo many memories of this place! and have made some fabby mates on here

di marco
28-05-2008, 22:34
also, another thing i just remembered, when we had the admiration thing and you had to clcik to admire someone (it was admiration wasnt it?) and then if they admired you back you got a match! i remember there being a thread on it too

Abbie
28-05-2008, 22:37
also, another thing i just remembered, when we had the admiration thing and you had to clcik to admire someone (it was admiration wasnt it?) and then if they admired you back you got a match! i remember there being a thread on it too

Oh my god, I remember that!! And you had to guess and everything

di marco
28-05-2008, 22:38

Oh my god, I remember that!! And you had to guess and everything

yeh it was frustrating when you wanted to know who had admired you, and in the end i think everyone was just admiring everyone else so you could get a match lol!

Abbie
28-05-2008, 22:39
Yeah I think people did, I think in the end I still had 2 or 3 to find

CrazyLea
28-05-2008, 22:45
OMGGGG I miss the admiration thing!! That was fun!! And the petz were fun!! and the arcade!!! And I quite liked the chat too.. but never really spoke on there much..

:wub: I love SBS sooo much. Met so many amazing people on here!!

Chris_2k11
28-05-2008, 22:57
Cilla Black haha

Abbie
28-05-2008, 22:58
Who was Cilla Black or was that just another member? I never knew?

Chris_2k11
28-05-2008, 23:02
See here abster lol http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2650

angelblue
28-05-2008, 23:03
OMG I can not believe it has been nearly 4 years:eek: since i came on this forum when it first began when the BBC closed EE forum everyone had to find a new place to post.:lol:

Abbie
28-05-2008, 23:04
I remember that thread :lol:
So she was just another member that was orange and posted 4 times :hmm:

Abigail
28-05-2008, 23:04
I want this to come back. I wasn't around first time but it sounds really good :D

CrazyLea
28-05-2008, 23:05
I also remember when Chris used to come on MSN alot and me, him, Debs, Ems, Dawny, Jodi and Kath had those long convos like ALL the time.. slightly off SBS, but kinda the same :p. GOOD DAYSSS ! :( I want them back :p.

Abigail
28-05-2008, 23:05
What does a bright orange username mean?

Abbie
28-05-2008, 23:07
I want this to come back. I wasn't around first time but it sounds really good :D

:cheer: I agree it was fun

Jessie Wallace
28-05-2008, 23:16
I also remember when Chris used to come on MSN alot and me, him, Debs, Ems, Dawny, Jodi and Kath had those long convos like ALL the time.. slightly off SBS, but kinda the same :p. GOOD DAYSSS ! :( I want them back :p.

Yeh they were the best, i miss them. like 10 of us in a convo at one time, every night too, i think i've just about caught up with my sleep now after all those late nights!

DaVeyWaVey
28-05-2008, 23:17

Yes. :o I remember being a right cow in "the bill chat thread" lol. I used to keep going off topic and then when the mods said to stop going off topic, I replied using text speak! Oh goodness - how much I've changed! :D

Jojo
29-05-2008, 00:25

Yeh they were the best, i miss them. like 10 of us in a convo at one time, every night too, i think i've just about caught up with my sleep now after all those late nights!

Ahhh those were the days!!! And now we hardly manage to catch each other online!!

I've made so many great friends over the past few years. Having 2 babies whilst I've been a member, having so many laughs with everyone. Theres so much to remember, but I've enjoyed every minute and will enjoy many more to come I think.

Debs
29-05-2008, 09:07

Ahhh those were the days!!! And now we hardly manage to catch each other online!!

I've made so many great friends over the past few years. Having 2 babies whilst I've been a member, having so many laughs with everyone. Theres so much to remember, but I've enjoyed every minute and will enjoy many more to come I think.

aww we need to ahve ahuge big convo to catch up with everyone!

Chloe O'brien
29-05-2008, 11:26
I remember being a newbiee on here and reading the convo's on shoutbox and being really scared to post something incase no-one spoke back to me. How wrong I was. Joining SB was one of the happiest things I have done. i remember the Arcade and the petz but wasn't very good my petz always died.

Happiest memories have to be taking part in SBBB1 as a big black Mama Odessa and the legendary Convos on MSN with Lea, Ems, Debs, Dawniee, Jodi, Alan and Chris. I also have fond memories of Angletiggs and Feelingyellow. Angel was always posting threads about which jeans she should by. she used to bring tears to my eyes.

Then came the day when I was asked to meet some of the members for real, we met up outside Edinburgh and had a couple of coffees and had a good old natter.

Bryan
29-05-2008, 11:43
ah i remember Cilla Black, god we're going back a bit there aren't we!? To think it's coming on to it's 4th year next year! How old do I feel!?

As good as soapboards still is, I miss the old days when the old regulars were always online or on msn, Ems, Debs, Dawn, Luna, Kath, Alan, Chris, Lea and co etc. With the old MSN quiz nights and stuff.

Abbie
29-05-2008, 11:48
We should try and bring back the MSN quizes :D
Im still confused about Cilla Black, was that just another member, or like what you do in Big brother and Love Island was it an already existing member? :hmm:

Jessie Wallace
29-05-2008, 11:52
Cilla was the love match thing that we had on here.

Abbie
29-05-2008, 11:55
Yeah I remember :) But was she just any other member like me or you, or a mod as character :confused:

Jessie Wallace
29-05-2008, 12:00
She was a bot

Abigail
29-05-2008, 12:01
A bot?? :confused:

StarsOfCCTV
29-05-2008, 12:01
We should try and bring back the MSN quizes :D
What kind of questions were they? I like the sound of msn quizzes :D

Abbie
29-05-2008, 12:04
A bot what do you mean? :confused:

The msn quizes were all sorts I only did a few cos back then I couldnt get online during the time they were :( I cant really remember, I think some were soap based questions?

Jessie Wallace
29-05-2008, 12:04
A bot?? :confused:

A bot, it's an automatic thing.

What kind of questions were they? I like the sound of msn quizzes :D

Music, film general knowledge etc. was good fun. the first person to # got to answer.

Abbie
29-05-2008, 12:07
So could Rimmer control the bot?
Cos arent those bots the ones who always post in the news forums?

Jessie Wallace
29-05-2008, 12:08
i doubt it, they are usually automatic, like Nicky on here who post's all the news stuff!

http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/member.php?find=lastposter&f=126

Abigail
29-05-2008, 12:09
Yeah, like Nicky who does the news section that nobody ever reads.

Jessie Wallace
29-05-2008, 12:09
i do some times, not always, but i'll have a flick throught the titles.

StarsOfCCTV
29-05-2008, 12:16
Yeah, like Nicky who does the news section that nobody ever reads.

Nicky's automatic? :lol: I thought it was an actual person. No wonder it doesn't post anywhere else :lol:

Jessie Wallace
29-05-2008, 12:44
aww bless ya, have you not notices that's it's not signed in for year but yet post's loads :D

Abigail
29-05-2008, 12:52
Yeah, it has over 31000 posts.

StarsOfCCTV
29-05-2008, 13:27
I didn't know there were such things as bots :o :lol: I never go in the breaking news section anyway :p

Jessie Wallace
29-05-2008, 13:34
Yeh they everywhere, they search all the website not just this one. It's one of the reason you quite often have to type in a verification code in for a lot of this on-line.

Tannie
29-05-2008, 13:51
I remeber:

- The Arcade.
- The birthday thread

I'm pretty sure there's others i just can't think of them at the moment. But yeah met some amazing people, some who have been there for me quite a lot these past few months and had some great memories. And hopefully more of that to come:thumbsup:

Chloe O'brien
29-05-2008, 15:03
We were having a chatter on shoutbox the other night about a thread that discusses the amount of time you spend on SB each day. Does anyone remember that.

Katy
29-05-2008, 18:48
I remember the first how was your day thread. I was really scared to post in there as i never knew what to say. Its one of the threads i post in most often now.

Chris_2k11
29-05-2008, 19:07
Omg Kath I almost forgot about angeltigger. the "blonde people don't go on holiday for more than a month!" or something thread was a classic haha :rotfl:

Luna
29-05-2008, 19:09
like quite a few people have said i miss the chats we all used to have on msn.

Meeting Rimmer, Chloe and Trinity was brilliant to put the faces to the names. I remember walking past trin a couple of times before having the courage to ask if it was her lol

Oh and remember thge quiz were everyone was stuck on that on question?

Who was the second member to join soapboards? Can anyone remember how to find it lol

Katy
29-05-2008, 19:13
i remember the quiz wasnt it Brys big soapboards quiz. That frustrated me the second member queston.

Luna
29-05-2008, 19:14
Omg Kath I almost forgot about angeltigger. the "blonde people don't go on holiday for more than a month!" or something thread was a classic haha :rotfl:

:eek: :eek: :eek: we need to find that thread!!!!!!!!!

Debs
29-05-2008, 19:32

:lol: :lol: :lol: oh yeah some of the things she came out with cracked me up!!!!!!

the jeans, her love life ( well on msn ) everything!! :rotfl: :rotfl: and when she used to ne on msn and then say well im off now byee, when we hadnt even chatted :rotfl: bless her

Bryan
29-05-2008, 19:37
think she was bad? remember I luv Dennis, oh my god talk about a nightmare! :lol:

Trinity
29-05-2008, 19:43

Meeting Rimmer, Chloe and Trinity was brilliant to put the faces to the names. I remember walking past trin a couple of times before having the courage to ask if it was her lol

Who was the second member to join soapboards? Can anyone remember how to find it lol

Hey, was I that scary, lol!
:lol:

Debs
29-05-2008, 19:43

:eek: :eek: :eek: we need to find that thread!!!!!!!!!

http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=42020&highlight=angeltigger

Trinity
29-05-2008, 19:49
'i meant not as much.No-one goes go holiday less than a month on their own and when they have blonde hair'

Thank god I'm not blonde! I can't take more than a month off every time I want to go on holiday!

I like my holidays, lol

Xx-Vicky-xX
29-05-2008, 19:49
I remember...

MSN quiz nights
Dawn's banner competition
Arcade
Just about remember the petz thing
Competitions to say "morning" first on the shoutbox at midnight
Shoutbox leaderboard wars
Birthday threads
Being mates with people on here who i am not friends with (or don't talk to) anymore
Sort of remember AngelTigger
Deffinately remember feelingyello...a deffinate nutter
Love island playing Lindsay, and SBB2 playing Jenny - the after party was class
Being able to see the history of the shoutbox

Luna
29-05-2008, 19:52

Scary :lol: no just wasnt sure it was you cause you were talking to someone else lol and Kath was late i remember that too!!!

Trinity
29-05-2008, 19:55

Scary :lol: no just wasnt sure it was you cause you were talking to someone else lol and Kath was late i remember that too!!!

I know - it was kind of like a blind date with no idea what the other people look like! We should all have carried a box of Daz or something. :rotfl:

Jessie Wallace
29-05-2008, 20:18

Hmm i keep saying i'd do that again, and should now there's so many of you budding banner makers. I just never remember.
Someone will have to remind me again if i forget.

Abbie
29-05-2008, 21:43
l

If you go on your own profile for example and look at the web address in the bar at the op and it will say member number, change it to 2 :D

Hmm i keep saying i'd do that again, and should now there's so many of you budding banner makers. I just never remember.
Someone will have to remind me again if i forget.

:cheer: You should :D

Layne
29-05-2008, 21:50
Ooh the Banner competition - did i win that?!
Soapboards big brother :D Woo!
The MSN quizzes
Like when there was like 5 blue members (1000 posts)
Oh, i loved SBs when it was really active.

Tori
29-05-2008, 22:36
Petz, being naughty in The Bill section always on about Sam and Phil, back in those days when I actually watched TV! Walford Queen and the pirates that came that night!

DaVeyWaVey
29-05-2008, 22:45
Petz, being naughty in The Bill section always on about Sam and Phil, back in those days when I actually watched TV! Walford Queen and the pirates that came that night!

I remember that haha! We always talked about Sam and Phil in the wrong thread :lol: and how they should be together..so we got a thread dedicated to Sam/Phil - back in the day, when I used to watch The Bill!

Chloe O'brien
29-05-2008, 23:40
I remember when I had just joined SB and there were loads of shipping for Kat/Alfie, Sharon/Dennie, Demi and her boyfriend I can't remember his name and Sam/Phil from the bill. There were loads of slagging matches going on it was brilliant.

Abigail
29-05-2008, 23:54
Okay, so who was the second member to join? I can't figure out how to find out my member number.

Abbie
29-05-2008, 23:57
It doesnt let you find them it says:

Invalid User specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Jojo
30-05-2008, 00:04
Was the answer not Carrie? I'm sure, that there wasn't a member 2 or 3 but she is number 4....:hmm:

Chloe O'brien
30-05-2008, 00:25
I bet it's a trick question by Luna probably her or she knows who it was.

Abbie
30-05-2008, 00:27
:confused: Why wasnt there a number 2 or 3?

Jessie Wallace
There wasn't a number two or three, from what i remember it skiped to 4, so Emz your right with Carrie

Jessie Wallace
:confused: Why wasnt there a number 2 or 3?

Maybe they were test people, or bot's i'm not sure

Perdita
30-05-2008, 08:21
I remember when I had just joined SB and there were loads of shipping for Kat/Alfie, Sharon/Dennie, Demi and her boyfriend I can't remember his name and Sam/Phil from the bill. There were loads of slagging matches going on it was brilliant.

Demi's boyfriend was called Leo

Chris_2k11
30-05-2008, 13:30
yes Leo the plank

Jojo
30-05-2008, 13:32
There wasn't a number two or three, from what i remember it skiped to 4, so Emz your right with Carrie

I thought that was the case :cheer:

Siobhan
30-05-2008, 13:42
I remember adding to reputation.. those green boxes under your name.. I had someone I had given a warning to give me loads of infraction.

JustJodi
30-05-2008, 14:35
Golly are we taking a trip down memory lane ???
Gawd !!!!!!!!!!!!! When I joined,, I didn't know any one, I joined so i could learn more about the shows that were on BBC cos I was a newly arrived immigrant from America in Holland, who just happened to be DEAF and needed subtitles, and BBC offered it,, bless their hearts .... not only that I have made some wonderful wonderful friends ( u know who u are folks and I love u all so much....even tho we all sort have drifted apart due to this thing called LIFE:) )
Let me think it was November 2001 when i first started watching EE,, I do not remember how I found SB's but how ever i found it, its been great.....
I remember when the SB's got hacked,, man was there a scurring around to find out what happened and we lost all our posts, we were banned or whatever,,
Ah Rimmer, and his many many SN's a great person to talk to, I would love to have spent more time chatting with him,,
Petz,, oh yea,,, wasn't that fun,, I loved having the money so I could fatten up my doggie.. And some had fights with their petz,,
I need to really think more about all the GOOD stuff ..........
Abbie this is a brilliant thread that u started
Mwahhhhhhhhhhhhh JJ

Abigail
30-05-2008, 15:07
I think I was searching for Home and Away or The Bill spoilers when I came across the site.

DaVeyWaVey
30-05-2008, 15:13
I remember I joined the BBC boards the week before they closed. :rolleyes:

So..I had to find somewhere else so just typed in "soap forums" in Google and this site was a link, so I looked round, liked the look of it and decided to join. :D

I have just been reading back SBBB2 when me (Graham) and Debs (Beryl) were in the house next door, along with Diamond1 (Ananya)... ahhh that was just fantastic! :D

Abbie
30-05-2008, 19:48
Awww thanks Jodi, I thought it would be nice for us all to remember whats happened and it kinda tells others about the fun we had and fills us in on what we missed or cant remember.
Like when we got hacked! I mean I know I was here, as I spoke to WQ a lot kinda, in the EE threads, but i dont think I was here when we got hacked, I mean I was an active member then, but I think I didnt come online during the hacking as I remember coming back on and thinking what in earth cos people were talking about it and I was just sooo confused :confused: :lol:

Kim
31-05-2008, 00:01
think she was bad? remember I luv Dennis, oh my god talk about a nightmare! :lol:

Oh yeah! I remember I'd just logged in one day or something and she was on shoutbox asking Rimmer if she could change colour, saying that she didn't like blue or something. She had like 3,000 posts or something and she couldn't change colour because of her reputation, and Rimmer said something like, "With 13 alerts and 14 warnings, you want to change colour?!" And she was like, "Can't I just change to pink and stay pink then, 'cos I like pink?" :lol:

Oh the shoutbox war! And Jada-GDR wrote that script where Emmie and Di Marco and me and Vicky were fighting it out for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th places on the leaderboard. We were playing games like guess the member on it to try and move up places and things. Then in like July 2006 or something me and Vicky were fighting over the 3rd and 4th place and di marco was on the shoutbox and they were giving me advice about GCSE's and I was like, "Are you trying to get rid of me so you can get third place?" :lol: DM and Vicky were arranging to get up at 6.30am or something so they could increase their shout counts before anyone else came online!

And when Jada wrote, "Welcome to Soapboards Street." Big Fat Bouncing Spicy and the bakery or something :rotfl: And then Abi was in the houses of parliament with the other mods or something, and wasn't there a part where she and Lea went out clubbing or something and ended up waking up in the same bed the next morning?

The first time we had Christmas names was pretty memorable; I was always logging in with the wrong name and no one could remember who was who and started asking people who they were and stuff. I think some of us ended up putting our actual names in our user titles.

I remember the arcade too. Everyone was obsessed with having the highest scores and shannisrules or someone had her friend trying to get her the highest score on Helicopter, then she came on and went on the shoutbox and it looked like she was talking to herself :lol:

Rimmer on DOND was classic. He was so desperate to get a high amount and when he took big ones out he was like, "That wasn't in the script!" Then at the end there was a 50 50 chance of him getting the £100,000 and he wrote that plea and was like, "I know I slept with Mrs Jones's daughter, but please let me win this..." :rotfl:

I remember the dreams thread too. People seemed to have a lot more of them back in the day. There was that one where Bry stabbed me and threw me in the tent or something, then I had the one where Jodi told half of Soapboards that Rimmer was a 68 year old woman or something.

Ohh Petz. And we had the name glows and things. I got really frustrated with it because I was trying to change mine and didn't take the old one off first and spent loadsss of petz money trying to change it.

:eek: long post.