PDA

View Full Version : CSI Las Vegas - Season 9 - Rumours and Spoilers

Jojo
22-05-2008, 23:54
Put all Season 9 rumours and spoilers here :)

Chloe O'brien
23-05-2008, 00:47
You're a bit keen are you not :) some of us are still in shock from Tuesday, they haven't started filming season 9 yet have they or do you know something we don't. :hmm:

tammyy2j
23-05-2008, 11:25
Exclusive: Jorja Fox Returning to CSI!

CBS CSI boss Carol Mendelsohn wasn't pulling my leg when she told me last October that we haven't seen the last of Sara Sidle. Sources confirm that Jorja Fox has inked a deal to return for the show's ninth-season premiere next fall.

Specifics of her comeback are being kept under lock and key, but my CSI mole assures me that she "won't be appearing in a flashback." The likely scenario has Sara returning to Vegas to shag Grissom mourn ex-colleague Warrick, who was shot (and presumably) killed in last week's finale. I say "presumably" because in the current issue of TV Guide, Mendelsohn says Gary Dourdan will be back in the fall — and "not just in flashbacks."

I've got three words for you: Gut-wrenching death scene.

Jojo
23-05-2008, 13:28
See - told ya Kath :lol:

Its never too early to start a new rumours thread - especially after the finale we've just seen hehe

Plus with all the new casting news etc - I just had to do it :D

CrazyLea
23-05-2008, 16:14
Ooooooo Jorja back :D That's what I'm talking about :cool:. Even if it is for 1 episode or something.

And surely Warrick did die.. I mean look at where he was shot and it was really close as well!

Jojo
23-05-2008, 16:33
Everything I've read since the episode says about him dying, but the official line was that it was being left open for him to return. Lets face it, if Delko can recover from a bullet to the head like he did, maybe Warrick can too (although I honestly won't believe anything till I see it now :lol: )

CrazyLea
23-05-2008, 16:46
That is true haha! They are rather invinsible (most of the time) in that show!

Chloe O'brien
24-05-2008, 00:12
There's no way Warrick would have survived the shooting. Good to see Sara back, whatever happens in series 9 I hope they don't bring in new faces to replace Warrick and Sara.

Jojo
24-05-2008, 11:28
They've already cast one new member though and apparently a character "profile" of sorts has been banded about, though not cast yet for another replacement.

At first, I was, OMG the team is going to be all wrong, its not going to be the same etc, but then both New York and Miami have had deaths and team revamps with more loved characters, and Warrick hasn't really been in the forefront, bar this mafia thing, for this series - not glaringly so anyway.

A bit like Criminal Minds without Mandy Patinkin in a sense....

We shall have to wait and see eh..

CrazyLea
24-05-2008, 19:00
Tbh... Warrick has always been in the "back" so to speak - IMO.

Jojo
25-05-2008, 00:09
I think he has too Lea. Series 8 he seemed even more so though.

Chloe O'brien
25-05-2008, 01:03
I agree Warrick has not featured much in this series but I believe that is more down to the strike. If Vegas had shown their normal 24 episodes then it would have went deeper into Warrick's involvement with Gadda and the private investigator he hired. As it was viewers were short changed because of the strike.

As for Miami and New York bringing in new cast members it has worked but both these two haven't been on air as long as Vegas and viewers didn't become attached to Speed and the girl from NY as they have with Warrick. Only last year he was being tipped as being Grissom's replacement as head CSI if William Peterson decided to leave.

Whether CSI decided to kill of Warrick because of the drug issues in Gary's personal life or not we will never know but the way the series have been going the past few years with Nick's abduction, Brass being shot and last year Sara's kidnap it was only a matter of time before they would have to top these and loosing one of the own was a progression to keep the show ontop of the ratings.

Jojo
26-05-2008, 00:27
I agree Warrick has not featured much in this series but I believe that is more down to the strike. If Vegas had shown their normal 24 episodes then it would have went deeper into Warrick's involvement with Gadda and the private investigator he hired. As it was viewers were short changed because of the strike.

Very true - its been said already this about the strike - it made it seem very rushed instead of delving deeper into it.

As for Miami and New York bringing in new cast members it has worked but both these two haven't been on air as long as Vegas and viewers didn't become attached to Speed and the girl from NY as they have with Warrick. Only last year he was being tipped as being Grissom's replacement as head CSI if William Peterson decided to leave.

Oh I dunno - I was totally attached to Speed, even though he'd only been in two series by that point. And there are so many Speed fans still there, plus he will be making appearances in the new series of Miami as himself so he must have had a huge fan base over in the US.

Whether CSI decided to kill of Warrick because of the drug issues in Gary's personal life or not we will never know but the way the series have been going the past few years with Nick's abduction, Brass being shot and last year Sara's kidnap it was only a matter of time before they would have to top these and loosing one of the own was a progression to keep the show ontop of the ratings.

His eyes were moving - I tell ya, I saw them move in those final moments :lol: He's not dead! I won't believe it till Series 9 appears on my screen and he is pronounced. If Delko can survive a bullet to the head - Warrick can survive a bullet through the neck and another wherever it hit :lol:

Jojo
26-05-2008, 11:49
Looks like my wishes won't come true:

Season 9 Premiere Details:

The team grieves for their fallen friend, also Sara returns when she hears the news. Unknown to the team the killer, the Undersheriff, investigates the murder. Also Ecklie hires a new CSI Bryce Adams (Lauren Lee Smith).

They're grieving for him - he's gone :crying:

Em
26-05-2008, 12:06

The team grieves for their fallen friend, also Sara returns when she hears the news. Unknown to the team the killer, the Undersheriff, investigates the murder. Also Ecklie hires a new CSI Bryce Adams (Lauren Lee Smith).

I dunno Em ... sometimes when they release these I think they try to make you think one thing and then its more of a shock when the other is true ... Im not ready to give up hope quite yet!

Chloe O'brien
26-05-2008, 14:47
Maybe they could save him and fake the death so they find out who the shooter was.

Jojo
26-05-2008, 23:06

I dunno Em ... sometimes when they release these I think they try to make you think one thing and then its more of a shock when the other is true ... Im not ready to give up hope quite yet!

I'm trying Em - I know I said it just now, but all along, I've said I won't believe anything until Series 9 airs, so theres still that little snippet I'm holding onto lol

Jojo
29-05-2008, 08:33
The episode opens with Sprig Greniger in her apartment at night. She's making a roast, but she's munching on a carrot at the same time. She's thin and pretty and seems to be in a happy mood as she hums, the news playing on the television in the background.

Sprig roasts the meat in the oven and then starts to eat her own dinner: a crappy, microwave diet meal. Her cell phone rings and she moves to answer it. A short time later, Sprig goes into her bedroom and gets undressed, reaching for a new bikini on a hanger and ripping off the price tags. She puts it on and admires herself in front of the mirror--clearly, she sees flaws that other people wouldn't see.

Sprig walks out of the bedroom, a dreamy look on her face as she drags a beach towel behind her. She wanders past the television as a weatherman tells viewers the next day will be in the triple digits. Opening the door, Sprig steps out onto the balcony and looks at the city lights sparkling against the dark backdrop of the night sky.

Meanwhile, on the street below, a city bus is chugging along. A young man finally gives in to the glares he's getting from a group of women. He stands up and offers his seat to the oldest woman, who takes it and smiles. The young man is feeling pretty good about himself, but suddenly there's a loud crash. The bus is jarred and the young man loses his balance. The ceiling of the bus bows and windows shatter as something lands on the roof with tremendous force.

Outside the bus, it becomes obvious what landed on the roof. Sprig is sprawled on the metal in her bikini, dead but beautiful. Nick and Catherine work the case. They need to figure out why a bubbly young woman who was about to get married would take a swan dive. Their case gets more interesting when they find out that Sprig was fired from her job at a bank for stealing $10,000. They also learn that she was undergoing hypnosis to lose weight in order to look her best in her wedding dress. Meanwhile, Grissom and Brass look into the brutal death of Diana Bonfilio. Her head was bashed against the pavement in an alley, and her eyes were gouged in. The case gets more frantic when they find out she had her two-year-old daughter with her when she died.

Sara is still in town, and she goes to visit an old friend, Thomas Adler. Thomas first appeared in "Too Tough to Die" during the show's first season. His wife Pam was raped, beaten and shot, but she survived. She's been in a vegetative state for all these years, and Thomas finally pulled the plug. He tells Sara he prayed every week for God to end his wife's suffering. Meanwhile, the entire team must deal with their grief over Warrick's loss. Nick even imagines that he sees his old friend on the street, but it's merely a stranger.

Chloe O'brien
29-05-2008, 11:35
Are they going to use Warrick similar to Speed in Miami or do you think they have manage to save him and only Grissom knows he's alive to bring down the sheriff.

lizann
29-05-2008, 11:48
Lauren Lee Smith is joining "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" as a regular.

Smith will play Bryce Adams, a smart, flirtatious and witty nonconformist who is hired as a CSI on the night-shift team led by Grissom (William Petersen).

Canadian-born Smith, who co-starred on CBS' pilot "Can Openers" this past development season, is expected to fill the void left by the departure of "CSI" co-star Jorja Fox.

Jojo
29-05-2008, 13:14
Are they going to use Warrick similar to Speed in Miami or do you think they have manage to save him and only Grissom knows he's alive to bring down the sheriff.

I don't know - that would be a great twist though wouldn't it!!!

I think he'll be gone though, although I won't firmly believe anything for a long while and until the end of next series even though its not even properly scripted yet lol

Jojo
06-06-2008, 13:13
"Art Imitates Life" opens on a Las Vegas sunrise. We're in a park that's more lush and green than would be expected in the desert. The park is in the middle of an affluent neighborhood. A track circles a small reservoir, and a group of cyclists are training. They fly around the track, making laps at high speed.

Joggers are on the track as well, staying close to the inside to avoid being run over by the cyclists. There's also a woman with a stroller. Nearby, another woman is leaning against a light pole with her back facing the track, her cell phone pressed to her ear. One young jogger is listening to his iPod and doesn't realize he's veering into the cyclists' path.

The lead cyclist blows a whistle, and the jogger lurches out of the way before they hit him. He stops for a rest and notices something in the bushes: a man's feet. One foot has a shoe but the other only has a sock. The jogger is nervous about looking closer--this guy looks dead, and he isn't sure he wants to see that. He leans closer and looks down at the body on the ground.

The jogger is startled when the person sits up. He's not dead after all. The homeless man staggers to his feet and runs away, heading toward the oncoming traffic of people on the track. He's high, he's got a hangover, and he's just feeling like crap. As he runs forward, he sees the woman pushing the stroller and, as he passes by, he grabs her purse.

The woman screams, and the jogger takes off after the homeless man. He yells for the man to stop, but he's not giving up the purse that easily. The cyclists have to part to move around the two men so they can avoid a collision. Just when the jogger is gaining on the homeless man, he twists his ankle and hits the track. The homeless man is able to get away.

The jogger stands up, angry and in pain. He hobbles back to the woman whose purse was stolen and tells her to call 9-1-1. Unfortunately, her phone was in her purse. He heads over to the woman leaning against the light pole and asks her to use her cell phone to call the police. She doesn't respond, and he gets a bit frustrated. When he moves around to look at her and repeat his request, he sees that she can't help him--she's dead.

The dead woman is one of three bodies that turn up in a similar situation. It's as if they're frozen in time, dead bodies mimicking living people. They question an artist named Jerzy Skaggs, a man who makes a lot of money painting pictures of models posing as dead bodies. Could the posed corpses be some new form of art for him? Meanwhile, Riley Adams (Lauren Lee Smith, originally Bryce Adams) joins the team, and a Peer Counselor named Patricia Martin comes to the lab to help Warrick's former colleagues deal with his death.

lizann
19-06-2008, 11:32
Actress Jorja Fox is heading back to top TV drama CSI: Crime Scene Investigation just months after quitting the show.

The star, who plays Sara Sidle on the hit series, walked away from the show last autumn - but she is now set to return for the third episode of the upcoming series.

Confirming the news to America's TV Guide magazine, Fox says, "The kindest thing that the writers did for Sara Sidle was to walk her out (of the show) in one piece.

"I had an amazing, beautiful, honourable, dignified exit."

And she's thrilled she'll be back among her castmates: "I miss the people. When I left in October, it was so decisive - everybody got me a good-bye cake.

"(But) it's a surprise for me to be back, especially this soon."

Jojo
03-07-2008, 12:20
According to TV Guide, the ninth season of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation could be very different than any season that has come before. Jorja Fox (Sara Sidle) will be returning for a brief stint (reported by TV Guide to be one episode) on the show following her exit during season eight. Gary Dourdan (Warrick Brown) is saying goodbye to the crime drama in the fall.

With another CSI leaving, the show is going to expand the roles of several existing characters. Liz Vassey (Wendy Simms) will betting more screentime. David Berman (David Phillips), who has appeared in more than 130 episodes of CSI since the show began, will become a series regular in season nine.

For the first time, viewers of CSI will have a brand new full-time investigator on the show. Lauren Lee Smith will be joining the show as Sara Sidle's replacement. Her character, Bryce Adams (referred to in different spoilers as Riley Adams), will have plenty to do in the Las Vegas crime lab.

--------------------------------------

If Warrick is leaving in the Autumn, does that mean that he does survive or are they meaning in the whole funeral etc part....:confused: But he's leaving, so :crying:

Chloe O'brien
03-07-2008, 23:25
I read on one of the american sites a few weeks ago that the new series of CSI wasn't being aired until October instead of September when it's usually shown so maybe that's the reason.

Jojo
04-07-2008, 12:43
What I was meaning though, was that he hasn't already left from what that said, so it would seem (although could be in flashback etc) that he may make an appearance in the new series if you see what I mean.

Theres another dispute going on at the moment apparently which is what is causing the new series to be pushed back from what I've read.

Chloe O'brien
05-07-2008, 01:59
Sorry I'm with you now. If they are to have him in flash-backs maaybe they could use him to find clues to capture the under-sheriff for murder.

Jojo
05-07-2008, 23:10
the fourth episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation will be called "Scales". The episode opens inside of a Gas 'N Sip store. The cashier hands an older man his change, but the man complains that it isn't correct. The cashier gave him change for a ten, and he's sure he paid with a twenty.

The cashier is adamant that the man only paid with a ten. The old man, however, is making a scene. He gestures to the cop standing impatiently behind him, threatening to bring him into the situation. Meanwhile, a teenager is lurking in the back of the store. He checks on the gun under his coat and watches the scene unfold at the counter. If the cop would just leave…

Outside, Nick and Riley Adams are walking on the sidewalk in their CSI vests. Nick hangs up his cell phone and tells Riley they've got a scene to process after they grab a cup of coffee. In the distance, a man with a tomahawk stuck in his back is lurching toward them--is this a victim? As Nick and Riley get closer, the man with the tomahawk is revealed to be wearing a cowboy costume. It's Halloween, and there are decorations in the window of the Gas 'N Sip.

Nick and Riley pass another costumed person on the sidewalk: a woman dressed as a mermaid. The woman compliments the CSIs for their 'costumes'--that's what she dressed up as last year. Nick and Riley share a laugh. The cowboy with the fake tomahawk wound gets closer as the doors to the Gas 'N Sip suddenly burst open. The cop comes running out with a bag in his hand, gun drawn. The cashier screams from inside that he was just robbed. It seems this guy isn't a real cop at all--he's wearing a costume too.

The robber knocks Nick, Riley, the cowboy and the mermaid down, and the two CSIs scramble to their feet and give chase. They pursue the man down the street and into an alley. They're cautious, moving carefully to stay covered in case the robber decides to start shooting. Nick and Riley stay safe, but the robber isn't so lucky.

Meanwhile, the body of a young woman is found in a dumpster full of glass. She turns out to be the daughter of a major drug lord wanted by the FBI, the CIA and the DEA. Surveillance footage reveals that two bouncers forcibly removed her from a club, so Catherine and Riley head there to speak to the owner. Much to Catherine's surprise, she finds Lindsey on the dance floor. She got inside with a fake ID, and when Catherine goes up against the owner of the club, she's more determined than ever to prove he's done something wrong.

Please note that the above plot details have not been confirmed by CBS, Alliance Atlantis or Bruckheimer Films, and until such time you should treat this information as you would any other rumour. The above information comes from early script drafts and the details of the episodes are liable to change before the episodes are shown.

"Scales" is expected to air October 30 on CBS.

wizardthecat
16-07-2008, 16:17
Jul 15, 2008, 02:42 AM | by Michael Ausiello

All together now, CSI fans: Breathe. Executive producer Carol Mendelsohn assures me that her team was anything but blindsided by the upcoming departure of William Petersen. "We do have a plan," she says. And that plan includes not only Grissom's sure-to-be-stellar swan song, but also the arrival of some new blood (one with funky DNA), the return of some old blood (welcome back, Jorja Fox!) and an episode that's been nearly nine years in the making. Here, Mendelsohn and fellow EP Naren Shankar offer an exclusive preview of what will go down when this sure-to-be-controversial season starts up.

* Jorja Fox will be back for "multiple" episodes, beginning with September's season premiere -- an hour that will also feature an appearance by Gary Dourdan's Warrick, who was seemingly shot to death in last May's finale. "We're not saying whether or not Warrick lives or dies," hedges Mendelsohn, "but we will say that the premiere may be the last time our loyal fans see the entire original CSI cast together."

* Previously-announced addition Lauren Lee Smith (The L Word) joins the cast in the third episode as new CSI Riley Adams. "She will come in to ostensibly replace Sara Sidle," says Mendelsohn. "She has a very distinct personality... a very wry sense of humor. She doesn't take herself too seriously." Adds Shankar: "This is a person who, unlike the rest of our gang, has not had Grissom as a mentor. So there's a very different relationship between Riley and Grissom."

* Another new CSI, this time a male, will be brought in later this fall, but "he will not appear on the landscape as a CSI to begin with," teases Mendelsohn. "He's a professor with background in pathology. He will appear when Grissom is investigating what will be a two-part case. He will help Grissom and the team bring the perpetrator to justice, and then this character will stay around and ultimately become a CSI." And although Mendelsohn says the new guy (who will possess a very rare genetic abnormality) will "not necessarily [replace Grissom as] supervisor," he'll inevitably be branded Petersen's replacement -- if for no other reason than the caliber of actor being sought for the role: Kurt Russell, Laurence Fishburne and John Malkovich are said to be at the top of CBS' wish list. Of the three, Mendelsohn would only confirm that Malkovich was approached, adding that "scheduling conflicts" had quickly taken him out of the running.

* Current cast members Liz Vassey (lab rat Wendy) and David Berman (coroner David) have been upped to full-fledged series regulars. Wallace Langham's Hodges, meanwhile, will become more prominent.

* Arguably the drama's most infamous serial menace to date, the Miniature Killer, "will come back for an episode," Mendelsohn reveals. "Grissom will cross paths with her."

* Finally, the show will celebrate its landmark 200th episode this spring with a blockbuster installment helmed once again by Petersen's good friend (and To Live and Die in L.A. director) William Friedkin. Is it fair to assume that this could be the episode in which Petersen debuts as a very special CSI guest star? "Billy will definitely be on the set for Mr. Friedkin's episode -- whether it's behind the camera or in front of the camera is TBD," Mendelsohn teases. "I don't think you'll be able to keep him away once he's back in L.A."

Jojo
30-07-2008, 11:11
According to Ausiello, when Lady Heather (Melinda Clarke) returns to CSI: Crime Scene Investigation in season nine, she and Gil Grissom (William Petersen) will be very close. "This will be the most intimate that we have seen them," said executive producer Naren Shankar. Shankar's fellow executive producer Carol Mendelsohn elaborated. "Grissom will go to bed at Lady Heather's," she explained. "Whether he will go to bed with Lady Heather remains to be seen. But Grissom will spend most of that episode at Lady Heather's."

TV Guide's Matt Roush got a sneak peek at the upcoming premiere for CSI's ninth season. While Roush didn't give details about the premiere, he did give his opinion on the episode and the show's lead actor. "I was more than satisfied and even more impressed than usual by Petersen's performance and by the way the script and the show deals with the fallout of what happens to Warrick [Brown (Gary Dourdan)]," Roush said.

"It's pretty intense," Roush continued, "and the return of Sara [Sidle (Jorja Fox)] adds even more emotional weight to the episode." Roush also commented on the premiere regarding the upcoming reduction of Petersen's role on the show. "[I] can't say how far they'll continue to explore Grissom's psyche in his remaining episodes as a series regular, but they're off to a promising start," he said.

Chloe O'brien
30-07-2008, 22:55
Excuse my french but what a pile of bull-sh*t. The whole point of bringing in Sara Sidle's character at the begining of CSI many moons ago was as a bit of stuff for Grissom, Why would they go to all the crap to write Grissom and Sara into a relationship then have in LH bed. If they wanted LH and Grissom together they could have done it years ago. I wish the writers would stop bull-sh*tting us fans around and just give us the science and dead bodies.:wall:

ClaireXxx
22-08-2008, 12:09
I still am in shock that Warrick did get shot especially by who he was, did anyone else see that coming?? I didnt by a long shot will be good to see if the rest of the team figure it out quickly

Chloe O'brien
23-08-2008, 02:43
I never seen Warrick getting shot but I guessed that one of the CSI would be killed just by the way the other CSI shows have been shown, both Miami and NY have lost team members, and the way CSI has been shown over recent years with Nick's abduction, Brass being shot and Greg being beat up. It was only a matter or time before they lost a team member it had to be either Sara or Warrick.

Jojo
23-08-2008, 10:14
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation faced some upheavals in season eight. First, Sara Sidle (Jorja Fox) quit her job, and then Warrick Brown (Gary Dourdan) was shot in the season finale. New CSI Riley Adams (Lauren Lee Smith) will join the crime lab in the midst of this turmoil during the third episode of the upcoming ninth season, but she isn't fully aware of it.

"Obviously the show has had a few losses, but Riley has no idea what's going on," Smith told TV Guide. "She doesn't really care much about what's just happened. She's like, 'Whatever, I'm here. Let's work.'"

Nobody in the Las Vegas crime lab knows Riley's story, so she brings a bit of mystery to CSI. She also brings a "fun, spunky and sassy" personality according to Smith. "I hope the character will bring a little bit of fresh energy and a lighter feel [to the show]," she said.

One thing Riley will definitely bring is a new dynamic with team leader Gil Grissom (William Petersen). "For the first time in our group, we have somebody who wasn't mentored by Grissom, so she has a very different relationship with him," executive producer Naren Shankar explained. "She's a little smart--the way the others were with him in the first couple of seasons. There wasn't that deference and automatic acceptance of 'Oh, it's Grissom saying so, so it's gotta be real.'"

Smith admitted that she was nervous about joining such a well-established show. "It's daunting because everyone knows each other so well," she said. "I mean, they've been doing this since 2000!" The cast and crew quickly made her feel at ease. "They're such a family," she explained. "Day 1, Billy Petersen came up to me and gave me a giant hug."

Jojo
01-09-2008, 09:28
Season nine holds a lot in store for viewers.

"For Warrick", the premiere of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation's ninth season, will air on CBS October 9. Writer and producer David Rambo described the episode to GSR Forever as "devastating to watch, beautifully done in every respect." Gil Grissom (William Petersen) is scheduled to leave the show on a full-time basis after the tenth episode of the season. Rambo wouldn't reveal any details about Grissom's departure. "I can only say, 'Don't miss it!'" he urged.

Other spoilers have indicated that Lady Heather (Melinda Clarke) would be back during season nine. Rambo said Lady Heather is "an important element in Grissom's understanding of himself. She's the only person he can speak with about anything -- even about Sara [Sidle (Jorja Fox)]. They've been through a lot together. Having him interact with Lady Heather also allows us to explore aspects of Grissom's psyche that we can't show in other ways."

According to Rambo, the relationship between Grissom and Sara "really pushes buttons for some people," while other viewers support the match. However, the fans' preference doesn't dictate how the writers handle the interaction between the pair. "I just write the characters as they evolve, which is a collaborative pursuit, and hope the fans know we're always doing our best," he explained.

Planning out a season of the show is a joint effort. "Carol Mendelsohn and Naren Shankar are very generous showrunners and excellent listeners," he said. "They generally discuss the tone and shape of the season together first, then share their thoughts with us and allow everyone to pitch in as things evolve."

Rambo said he is writing the eighth episode of the ninth season using research he started gathering two years ago. The length of time it takes to create an episode varies from one instance to another. "'Bull' - which I loved writing - was researched for about a year," he explained. "Other stories get kicked around for a few weeks before we go into the writers room to organize ideas on the white boards. That takes about a week, then another week to ten days to write the script, followed by a week of rewriting. Episodes are shot in 9 weekdays, occasionally less, and occasionally on weekends as well. About 6 to 8 weeks later, the episode is ready for airing."

Rambo is confident that CSI will remain on television screens for years to come. "I'm astonished at how long it's stayed on top of ratings and captured the imagination of viewers worldwide," he said. "Very rare today in TV. That's partially because we are never satisfied with where the show has been, and always challenge ourselves to go where we haven't been before, without losing the essence of the show. It will evolve and change, but will always ask, 'Who are you?'"

Jojo
01-09-2008, 09:29
The Las Vegas crime lab consults an old friend when their investigation takes an unusual turn.

According to CSI Files sources, the fifth episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation's ninth season will be called "Of Inhuman Bondage". A man named Ian Wallace is found dead in the desert, and his girlfriend Justine Stefani is missing. The CSI team finds indentations in the wall at Ian's house, a bloody t-shirt in the clothes hamper and a biological sample on the floor near the television.

Wendy tests the biological fluid found near the TV. The sperm contribution is from Ian Wallace, but the vaginal portion of the sample doesn't match Justine Stefani. Riley suggests that Ian's girlfriend may have discovered him cheating and killed him out of jealousy.

Meanwhile, Nick and Brass follow a different lead. Lady Heather (Melinda Clarke), last seen in "The Good, the Bad and the Dominatrix", gives the team a clue about some needle marks that were found on Ian Wallace's chest. Needle play is a form of S&M, and she sends them to a place called the Lower Linx. It's a club for poetry and the performing arts, but it also has a well-equipped back room--the perfect place to play out S&M fantasies.

The blood from the t-shirt found in Ian's hamper doesn't belong to him. The high-velocity spatter on the back of the shirt has male DNA and, combined with the indentations in the wall, suggests the possibility of a physical confrontation. Knowing that Ian went to the Lower Linx before he died, the team wonders if perhaps the club's proprieter, Michelle Tournay, might be involved. She has the only key to the back room, and if she dominated Ian, she might have dominated another man and used his trust and submission to her advantage so he would help her commit murder.

Jojo
01-11-2008, 08:09
Picking up the minute "For Gedda" concluded, Under-sheriff Jeffrey McKeen, who has just shot Warrick twice, calls in the shooting and claims he saw a white adult male fleeing the scene. Blocks away, Grissom hears the APB and rushes to the scene. He pulls Warrick from the car and begs him to hang on, only to have Warrick die in his arms. Catherine and Nick arrive soon after, stunned by the tragic news. McKeen tells Brass that he was twenty feet west of the alley when he heard the shots. He ran back to find Warrick wounded and the shooter fleeing the scene. He tells Brass he thinks it may have been Officer Daniel Pritchard. Grissom tells Ecklie he wants his team to work the case, and the supervisor acquiesces. Catherine finds a .25 casing and a pistol by the passenger side of the car, where the shooter appeared to have been standing. Nick wonders why Warrick would have rolled down the passenger side window and not his own. Grissom turns over his shirt, which is covered in Warrick's blood, and returns to his office to find a devastated Sara Sidle waiting for him. She's heard the news and offers solace and help. Sara and Greg go to Warrick's apartment, where they make a shocking discovery: Warrick had a son, Eli, with his ex-wife Tina, and he was involved in a custody battle for the boy. Nick discovers knuckle prints on the passenger side window of Warrick's car and tells Grissom and Catherine that he thinks the killer knocked on Warrick's window. Nick knows Warrick wouldn't have opened his window for Pritchard; he thinks McKeen is corrupt as well and, when he saw Warrick wasn't going to back down, killed him.

Grissom, Catherine and Nick test McKeen's story about hearing the gunshot and determine that from the position he claimed he was standing in, he couldn't have heard the shot over music that was playing in the street the morning Warrick was shot. Grissom goes to Brass with the information and Brass tells him he's always felt McKeen was a man who could be bought. They recall Warrick's assertions that someone higher up that Pritchard was involved in the murder of Lou Gedda. McKeen, certain no one is on to him, wants to get Daniel Pritchard, who he's been hiding at a seedy hotel, out of town. When Grissom comes to him with the team's suspicions, Ecklie advises caution and suggests that they need find concrete evidence, leading the CSIs to turn to the tiny .25 bullets. Mandy Webster is able to get a partial print off one of them--enough to match it to McKeen. The CSIs trace McKeen's phone calls to the hotel where he's been hiding Pritchard and storm the room, only to find it empty. Brass places a call to McKeen and keeps him on the phone long enough to get his location and learn he's on the road to Mexico. The police give chase only to find McKeen's car overturned after having smashed through a guardrail. Pritchard is dead inside, and Nick follows a blood trail to find a wounded McKeen--shot by a mistrustful Pritchard--who quickly realizes the game is up when Nick aims his gun at him. McKeen taunts Nick who fires a shot just to the side of McKeen. Brass and his men arrest the crooked Under-sheriff. Grissom and his team lay their fallen colleague to rest.

Jojo
01-11-2008, 08:09
Catherine and Nick investigate the death of Sprig Grenigier, who dove to her death from the apartment she shared with her fiancé. Was it suicide or murder? Nick notices she received a call just before her death which is traced to a pay phone across the street from Sprig's apartment. Though they determine she was happy with her fiancé, the CSIs discover Sprig was trying to lose weight, and that she'd filed for unemployment after losing her job as a bank teller. She had been accused of stealing ten grand from the bank when she changed a customer's fifty dollar bills for a hundred hundred dollar bills rather than one dollar bills. To the bank, it looked like a scam Sprig was in on, but the her fiancé tells the CSIs she had no memory of what happened. The CSIs discover another bank teller who was similarly scammed and Catherine finds a connection: both women were seeing the same hypnotist to deal with various problems in their lives. Catherine and Nick pay a visit to the hypnotist, Viviana Conway, and witness how powerful her brand of hypnotism is. Catherine decides to compare the picture of the man who received the ten thousand dollars at each bank from security footage with Viviana's picture and get a match. The woman disguised herself as a man, went into the banks, gave the women hypnotic cues and stole the money. When Sprig figured out what Viviana had done, Viviana called her and gave her the cue for her honeymoon: to imagine herself in a bikini jumping into the ocean. Sprig did just that, only instead of the ocean she leapt from her balcony onto a bus full of people.

A woman is found beaten to death in an alley; the CSIs identify her as Paula Bonfilio and speak with her college-aged son, Scott, who tells them his mother gambled away his college money. He says she'd called him at 10pm the night of her murder after to say she'd be gone for the night. He also mentions she was with her two-year-old, Lexie. The CSIs launch a search for the girl while Archie studies video of Paula gambling at the Tangiers. He notices her with a man with glasses and then traces her to Pete's Pawn shop. The CSIs manage to locate Paula's car with a prostitute and find Lexie at a children's play center. The team recovers prints on Paula's car and traces them to Leon Slocomb--the man with glasses from the surveillance footage at the Tangiers. Leon admits to roughing Paula up and taking her car and kid to scare her into paying her gambling debts, but insists he left her alive. The CSIs uncover a surprising suspect when they catch Scott Bonfilio cashing in a $500 chip Paula won the night of her murder. Scott confesses to Grissom that Paula was his lover, not his mother, and Lexie was their child. At age 15, Scott ran off with Paula, his guidance counselor at school, but was dismayed to see their relationship deteriorate once he came of age and she turned to gambling for thrills. When she called him after lost the car and Lexie, he beat her in a rage. He believes Lexie is better off.

Greg calls Sara, still in town after Warrick's funeral, to the hospital where Tom Adler has just pulled the plug on his wife Pam, who had been in a coma for either years following a brutal beating and rape--a case Sara worked. Tom claims Tony Thorpe, the man who raped his wife, send him a note claiming he'd raped her again and was going to keep at it. Hoping to protect his wife, Tom pulled the plug rather than letting his wife suffer any more indignities. When Sara investigates, his story doesn't hold up: Thorpe is in a wheelchair, incapable of raping Tom's wife. Sara confronts Tom, and he admits that he just couldn't take it anymore--Pam was gone, and he was the only one suffering. Sara wonders why he couldn't just tell the hospital staff that, and Tom admits he was ashamed. The ordeal enforces Sara's belief that this life is no longer for her and she packs up and leaves both Las Vegas and Grissom behind.

Jojo
01-11-2008, 08:10
Grissom and Catherine are called to a bizarre crime scene: a woman leaning against a light post is dead, possibly the victim of a lightning strike. Mandy Webster identifies the dead woman as Carla Perotti, a health care worker at Desert Palms. The CSIs, overtaxed because they're shorthanded, are given some relief in new hire Riley Adams, whose first day coincides with the arrival of a grief counselor named Patricia Alwick, who has been called in to help the team in the wake of Warrick's murder. Before Riley can get settled in, she's called out on a case: a jogger is lying dead on a bench. David Phillips determines that he's only been dead for about an hour and a half, but as was true of Carla, rigor has already set in. While both victims apparently died from cardiac arrest, Carla had no drugs in her system while the male victim did. Dr. Robbins also notices the livers of both victims are a reddish pink color, suggesting they may have died of gaseous asphyxiation. Hodges is able to identify the man as Harley Soon, who has a record for solicitation. The mystery deepens when a third victim is found, dressed as a businessman and posed hailing a cab. It's clear the CSIs have a serial killer on their hands.

The CSIs uncover a connection between their first victim, Carla, to an artist named Jerzy Scaggs. Jerzy paints eerie portraits of people that make his subjects appear as though they're corpses. Brass pays a visit to Jerzy, but he doesn't recall Carla, who modeled for him, and denies killing his models. Catherine posits that the killer is drugging his victims, posing them and then gassing them in a chamber so they die in the positions he wants them in. Another set of victims is found: two elderly people posed as bird watchers. While Riley scours an art blog, Greg finds tan fibers on the victims. When Brass uncovers Harley's juvenile record, which shows he was arrested at one of Jerzy's parties, Brass brings the artist into the station for further questioning. Brass shows him pictures of the murder victims and Jerzy recalls an artist who brought him similar sketches once, a subcontractor looking to win a city contract--as well as a contract to redesign Jerzy's studio. Nick pulls the city contract submissions and finds sketches from an Arthur Blisterman that match all five victims' poses--as well as a sixth, depicting a little boy on a bike. The CSIs step up their manhunt with the prospect of another victim, and their search grows even more urgent when a little boy goes missing.

The CSIs begin a desperate search for Blisterman, turning to the art blog Riley found after they discover a picture posted on it is one of Carla before the crime tape went up. With the help of the blog owner, the CSIs trace Blisterman's IP to a library and apprehend him there. The artist tells Grissom life is not worth living without beauty and that his victims were nothing until he made them extraordinary in his art. He's not afraid of dying, but he doesn't want to be forgotten. He refuses to give up the location of the place where he gases his victims and tells them it's too late to save his final victim, the young boy. Determined to find him, the CSIs trace the tan fibers Greg found to an abandoned warehouse and rush there only to find the little boy in the gas chamber. They quickly take him out, but he's not breathing. Frantic, Riley administers CPR--and at last manages to revive him.

Jojo
01-11-2008, 08:13
Halloween week finds Nick Stokes and Riley Adams responding to a liquor store robbery call only to catch the thief fleeing--wearing a police uniform! They give chase and Nick corners him in an abandoned hotel and the thief, with nowhere to go, jumps out the window. It's a fatal plunge, but when Riley leans over the garbage dumpster where he fell, she discovers the body of a young woman underneath his. While the rest of the CSIs investigate her death, Nick pursues the dead robber. He and Brass trace the uniform to a cop in town to testify who says his uniform went missing after he had it cleaned in the hotel he was staying in. Mandy Webster gets a DNA hit on the dead man's thumb, identifying him as Thomas Taylor of Bakersfield, California. The CSIs are able to link him to another man in town from Bakersfield, Barry Wunderlick--who happens to be in the drunk tank at the jail. Nick questions Wunderlick, who was arrested for drunk and disorderly behavior during his bachelor party. He was relying on his best man--Thomas Taylor to raise the ball money. Nick tells him Thomas made a genuine attempt: he committed four armed robberies in one night before Nick ended his spree.

A stamp on the thigh of the dead girl leads Catherine and Riley to the Dark Water Bar, a trendy club where Catherine is surprised to find her underage daughter. After sending Lindsey home, Catherine and Riley question club owner Craig Hess, who claims not to recognize the dead girl. The CSIs take a look at the club's security cameras, which contradict Hess's story: he's seen throwing her out of the club on camera. Grissom and Catherine examine the girl's body and find fresh needle marks in her arm and a white powder in her nose. Detective Vartann manages to ID the girl in the Homeland Security Database; she's Angela Marie Carlos, the daughter of a Colombian drug lord named Juan Ramone Carlos. The girl's aunt, Emelina, tells the CSIs that she'd sent her niece to school in Utah because Angela liked to party. She tells them that her brother will never forgive her. Greg questions Angela's friend Sylvie, who partied with Angela on the night of her death. Sylvie tells him that Angela told her that the owner of Dark Water Bar was a friend of her family and that she could easily get them in. She did, but the owner caught them and threw Angela out. Sylvie stayed behind and hooked up with a guy she met that evening. Catherine and Riley go back to Craig, suspecting he's in business with Angela's father, He claims ignorance--and also won't tell the women how he got Angela to leave the club. Back at the lab, Dr. Robbins shows Grissom that Angela's blood has hematized, a condition usually seen in advanced stages of decomposition--or some form of blood disease.

Lindsey Willows comes to her mother's office with a clean breathalizer test in hand: she can prove she wasn't drinking the night before. She claims her mother overreacted, but Catherine doesn't back down on the grounding. Hodges shows Grissom the substance in Angela's nose was a tranquilizer called atropine, not cocaine. Riley and Greg track Angela's cell phone to a garbage truck, but they can't tie its route in with Craig Hess. Wendy goes to Dr. Robbins claiming the blood he gave her is contaminated, but a retest proves the results are accurate. Wendy and Dr. Robbins tell Grissom that in addition to Angela's own B negative blood, there are two male donor samples mixed in: O negative and A positive. The latter is what killed her; it was completely incompatible with her own blood type. Fish scales on Angela's purse lead the CSIs back to Hess, who has a big fish tank in his club. He sends her the way of the busboy, Goya, who feeds the fish. The CSIs go to Goya's warehouse and discover him and his cohort, Joe, with a box of cocaine. They also find tubes that could have been used to transfuse blood. Catherine questions the men, who tell her Angela came to them for cocaine and ended up snorting atropine instead. When she passed out, they thought they could revive her by transfusing her blood, but they inadvertently killed her and dumped her body, hoping to frame Craig. Later in the evening, Grissom's phone rings: Goya, Joe, Sylvie, Hess and Ermelina have all been shot execution-style.

Jojo
16-11-2008, 12:04
Grissom joins Catherine and the team at a crime scene on a rainy night: the badly scraped up dead body of a man lies on the ground. Marks on his wrists indicate he was bound, and given the damage to the body, Catherine posits he may have been tied to the bottom of a car and dragged to his death. Doc Robbins points out postmortem stab wounds on the body, as well as puncture wounds around the man's nipples. While Catherine examines tire treads at the scene, Nick is able to identify the man from the personalized shirt he wore. Along with Brass and Riley, Nick goes to the house of their victim, Ian Wallace, and finds evidence of a scuffle as well as magazines with a woman's name on the subscription label: Justine Stefani. Dr. Robbins determines Ian's cause of death was strangulation, and Grissom notices burn marks on the man's tongue which, when taken with the nipple puncture wounds, leads the CSI supervisor to conclude the man may have been into S&M. Grissom leaves the lab and goes to the house of Lady Heather, claiming to want insight into the case. She tells him the nipple markings are from needle play and the tongue burns could be from a kind of shock treatment, leading Grissom to conclude their victim was a submissive. Back at Ian Wallace's house, Riley finds a box with S&M bondage gear under Ian's bed, labeled with the name 'Lower Lynx'--a bondage club. The CSIs talk with the owner of the club, a woman named Michelle, who claims not to know Ian but after pressure from Nick and Brass, leads the CSI and the detective to the back room, where they discover a pair of metal chopsticks--possibly the instrument of the tongue shocks.

Lady Heather posits that Ian was keeping his S&M lifestyle secret from Justine, whose personal effects don't indicate she was into bondage. The case gets markedly more complicated when Justine's burned body is found inside her SUV in the desert. The CSIs determine she was hit with her own car. The CSIs trace the last phone call on Justine's cell to a man named Martin Devlin, who sells insurance. He tells Brass that he had called to sell Justine insurance but that she hung up on him before he made the sale. After matching Michelle's DNA to the chopsticks used on Ian, Nick questions the dominatrix, who admits to an affair with Ian, but claims they never went to each other's houses. When Wendy matches DNA blood splatter from Ian's house to Devlin, the CSIs haul him back in, finding the same needle marks around his nipples that Ian had. His aggressive female lawyer quickly puts a stop to the questioning. Archie retrieves records from Devlin's phone and find he erroneously sent a text meant for Justine to a wrong number. The text has a picture of Ian--and Devlin's lawyer having sex. The lawyer admits she, Ian and Devlin did a "scene" together at Lower Lynx and then she followed Ian home. After they had sex, Devlin burst in and fought with Ian over her, but the two left after that--with Ian still alive. With nothing to link either the lawyer or Devlin to the scene, the CSIs are at a dead end, left to wonder if Ian and Justine were the victims of random violence. At Lady Heather's house, Grissom admits to Heather his real reason for coming to see her: a goodbye video message Sara sent him, claiming his "not making a decision" to leave Las Vegas with her was in fact "making a decision." Heather agrees with Sara's conclusion and offers to let Grissom stay with her.

Chloe O'brien
22-11-2008, 00:24
What a peice of pi$$ do they really expect the viewers to believe that Grissom is with LH or really care NO!! What is the point of the writers feeding us all that crap about Grissom loving Sara to have him do the dirty on her, give me a break. Billy will be leaving CSI soon and since the door is left opended for him to return he ain't going to get killed off so the writers will give him and Sara a happy ever after story, just get on with it so we can get back to the blood and gore.

Jojo
29-11-2008, 11:20
A man and a woman are gunned down at a Koreatown BBQ. The woman is found without an ID, but the man is carrying prison release forms from that very morning identifying him as Sun Bang. In addition to a bullet casing, Grissom finds a pair of kid's sunglasses with blood splatter on them by the bodies. The police round up the people at the BBQ, but no one is talking. Dr. Robbins tells Grissom Sun was shot with a revolver while the woman was shot with a semiautomatic. While the three shots in Sun were fired straight on, the trajectory of the bullets that killed the woman indicate they came from a lower angle. Dr. Robbins points out needle marks on the woman's arms as well as scars on her eyelids that indicate she had plastic surgery to widen her eyes. Based on the procedure, the team is able to find the doctor who performed the surgery. He tells Brass he was forced to do the surgery at gunpoint by members of the Kampai Dragons, a new Korean gang that forces businesses to turn over a percentage of their profits. Catherine gets a lead when she learns Dempsey's, a department store Sun visited just before his death, has a state-of-the-art surveillance and forensics lab to catch shoplifters. Video footage shows Sun with a ten-year-old boy. A Child Protection Services investigator named Bae Chin recognizes the boy on the surveillance camera as Park Bang, Sun's nephew. She identifies the dead woman as Kora Sil, Park's mother. Park's father was a gangster who died three years ago. Sun notified CPS about Kora's drug use, and Chin reveals that both Kora and Park are HIV positive.

Archie finds Kora's social networking profile and uses it to trace her IP address to the house of Jin Pan, who tells the CSIs he knew Park's father but that they went in different directions. Jin took Kora and Park in, but he doesn't know where either is now. Nick and Riley trace Park and Sun's route from Dempsey's to the BBQ and Hodges finds a discarded bag from Dempsey's in a trash can, along with a child's bloody shirt. The CSIs discover Park in a house with an older Korean woman, who draws a gun on them when they enter. Riley draws her weapon, but Nick manages to talk to the old woman down. Through a translator at the police station, the old woman tells the CSIs that she heard the shots outside and took Park home. At the hospital, Grissom gets upset with Riley after she tries to question Park without an advocate present. Grissom goes to examine the boy and notices a gastric tube in his body with dried blood around it and a skin condition that he'd told is a side effect of the HIV meds the boy is on. Brass and Chin try to show Park pictures of members of the KD gang to see if he can identify the killer of his mother and uncle, but Park turns away. Grissom gets Park to give him his hand for trace, but Park panics when his doctor, Dr. Eisling, enters the room to give him his meds. Henry comes back with a tox report that shows the boy is being overmedicated. Wendy analyzes the trace under Park's fingernails and matches it to Jin Ming--the real name of Jin Pan, who Kora and Park were staying with. The CSIs go to Jin's house to bring him in for questioning but find it completely cleared out, save for the room Kora and Park were staying in.

Greg and Detective Cavaliere go over the room; the CSI finds a card for a lawyer named James Klondike while Cavaliere picks up a picture only to set off a small explosion! The detective isn't badly injured. Greg learns that Kora had Park in a clinical trial for HIV meds and was suing the doctor for more money. Grissom questions Eisling, who claims the drugs are saving Park's life. Grissom tells Eisling if he tries to administer any more treatments, he'll charge him with reckless endangerment, a threat Chin backs up. Park finally tells Grissom that his uncle found him with his mother and, after seeing the gastric tube in his stomach, took him away. Park says his mother and Jin hunted them down, and then Jin shot both Sun and Kora. The story doesn't ring true with Grissom. Brass tells Grissom Sun Bang left prison with a 9-millimeter gun and wonders if Sun perhaps fired back. Grissom says he wouldn't have had the chance. Wondering if Kora and Sun might have shot each other, Grissom, Riley, Chin and Park recreate the scene. Jin's involvement still doesn't track. Grissom realizes Kora shot Sun and, based, on the way Park imitates the firing of the gun, that Park must have shot his own mother after Kora killed Sun. "I'm sorry we solved this," Grissom tells Brass as Park is taken to juvenile detention.

Jojo
29-11-2008, 11:22
Janelle Rowe is found dead, her young daughter Nora injured but alive next to her. Brass tells Grissom that a neighbor heard shots and called the police. Janelle's husband, Peter, rushes in, but he tussles with the officers and is arrested. A .38 is found in his car, but Rowe insists he was using it for target practice. Back at the Rowes' house, Greg finds blood on the edge of the kitchen table and wonders if Nora hit her head on it. Greg discovers a spent round in a phone book on the shelf, and Riley notices the lock on the door has been forced. Brass asks Rowe about the three calls for domestic violence on his record and Rowe claims his wife was dramatic--but that he never laid a hand on her. Rowe's fingerprints ID him as Mark Redding, a suspect in a nine-year-old homicide of a private investigator named Trevor Murphy. Rowe says he's been getting death threats threatening that he'll "rot like Trevor rotted" and posits that someone is framing him for Janelle's murder. Brass brings Trevor's daughter, Kelsey, in for questioning; the e-mails to Rowe were sent from an e-mail account set up at her IP address. She angrily turns her computer over, but the e-mails are traced a halfway house where Kelsey's brother, Nathan, lives. Nathan admits to sending the e-mails and says he wants Mark dead, but he clams up and asks for a lawyer after Brass asks for an alibi. Rowe's gun isn't a match to the bullet that killed Janelle, but a gun Trevor Murphy used to take down a robber a year before his death is. On a surveillance camera at the hospital Nora was taken to, the CSIs spot Kelsey Murphy approaching Peter Rowe with something under her coat. The CSIs track her car through her GPS system and find her in the desert, aiming a gun at Rowe and forcing him to dig up the body of her father--and admit he killed him. Brass tries to talk her down, telling her Nora is going to be okay and saying he knows her murder of Janelle was an accident, but Kelsey aims the gun and fires several rounds into Peter. One of the officers with Brass fires at her, killing her.

Nick and Detective Cavaliere are at the scene of a car crash, where two young men, Chase Bowman and Max Poole, are dead, apparently killed when their car crashed into a tree. Nick immediately notices something is off when he finds splinters in Chase's wound--on the opposite side of the car from the tree. Chase's arm is also broken in a way that is incongruous with the car crash. Nick views footage from the car's internal computer showing him the five seconds before the airbags deployed, which reveals that the car swerved to avoid hitting something. Hodges confirms Nick's suspicion: the splinter in Chase's arm doesn't match the wood from the tree their car hit; the splinter is from a baseball bat, leading Nick to wonder if the boys were playing mailbox baseball. Nick and Hodges play a little mailbox baseball game of their own, trying to figure out how Chase broke his arm. Nick and Cavaliere retrace the boys' route and notice a brand new mailbox at one of the houses. They question the owner, Hal Jackmin, who says his old mailbox got smashed. Nick notices a concrete walkway with one stone out of place. He turns it over and finds a mailbox with a concrete center buried beneath. Jackmin tells Nick and Cavaliere that the boys destroyed four of his mailboxes before he decided to take matters into his own hands. Nick tells him that Chase hitting the concrete mailbox caused his arm to break, and the car to swerve, killing both boys. Jackmin tries to defend himself, but Nick has him arrested for two counts of negligent homicide.

Grissom receives a summons to testify in a hearing that will determine whether Natalie Davis, the miniature crime scene killer who nearly ended Sara's life, is mentally fit to be transferred from the psychiatric hospital she's been in to prison. Grissom observes Natalie respond to questions lucidly and clearly in the courtroom, and ADA Nichols arranges for Grissom to see the disturbed young woman. He visits her at the hospital, where she says she's unsurprised to see him. She asks if Sara is going to testify, and he tells her Sara has left the crime lab. Natalie apologizes for what she did to Sara. Grissom asks her if she truly feels that way or only thinks she should, and she insists she truly is sorry for what she's done. Grissom testifies, and when asked by the lawyer representing Natalie if he's there for revenge for what Natalie did to Sara, Grissom answers that he has no personal stake in the proceedings--he's trying to believe people can change even if they're damaged, but he doesn't know if they can. The verdict comes down: Natalie is fit to be transferred to prison. Grissom goes to see her as she's leaving the hospital and she tells him he's wrong about her: she's changed, and she believes people who do bad things need to be punished. After she leaves, Grissom finds a tile out of place on the floor and lifts it up to find a miniature of Natalie in prison garb hanging from a rope.

alannah
02-12-2008, 19:15
I came across these on another site and I thought they looked interesting :hmm:

YouTube - CSI: - Laurence Fishburne Joins CSI: and

YouTube - CSI: - Laurence Fishburne Behind The Scenes

Interesting :)

Jojo
13-12-2008, 10:39
Layla Wells, one of the finalists in the Overnight Sensation reality TV talent contest, is found dead, wrapped in a table cloth outside the Palermo Hotel. Nick finds the Rancho Linen logo on the tablecloth, and Catherine notes that the company supplied all the old Vegas casinos back in the day. Dr. Robbins tells Grissom that Layla was killed by a blow to the abdomen just below her rib cage--and that she was eight weeks pregnant. The CSIs suspect Layla's fellow contestant and competitor, Kip Westerman, after surveillance footage from the Palermo hotel's camera reveals they left their rooms just after midnight. Kip and his overprotective father both defend Kip's innocence, and sure enough, the fetus's DNA is a match to Drew Rich, the show's executive producer. Drew tells the CSIs he offered to pay for an abortion, but denies killing the girl, claiming he was with a hooker at the time. Evidence that suggests both the lipstick Layla was wearing and the tablecloth she was found in was significantly aged leads Catherine and Nick to pull out a map of Las Vegas fifty years ago. The only casino still standing that was serviced by Rancho Linens is Le Chateau Rouge, Las Vegas's first desegregated hotel. Nick and Greg find trace from Layla's sweater and cart wheel marks similar to ones found near Layla's body. When they enter the rundown, closed hotel, they find fresh blood on the floor.

Grissom arrives at the scene and speaks with the owner, Karen Rosenthal, who tells him the hotel closed down fifty years ago after her husband, Jules, was murdered there. Catherine and Greg explore the dressing room, where they discover the dressing table of Layla's grandmother, Justine. While Grissom recovers a fresh bullet from the floor, Catherine finds Layla's cell phone and sees a video on it recorded just before the girl's death, which reveals her dancing for Kip before being surprised by a man behind the curtain with a saxophone. The man hasn't gone far; Grissom discovers him behind the same curtain, holding a gun. The man passes out from dehydration and is taken to the hospital. Kip tells Brass that Layla had wanted to see where her grandmother danced when she was a showgirl. After the man surprised them, Kip ran, assuming Layla had done the same. He searched for her for hours, but never found her. In the hospital room, the man won't give Grissom his name, but he claims to have murdered Layla.

Grissom is bothered by the 50-year-old Rosenthal murder; the print supposedly from the killer, Melchior Wilson, was lifted from an alligator skin wallet, but the texture of the print is inconsistent with the wallet's grooves. Nick matches the bullet from the gun to the one that killed Rosenthal. Grissom tracks down former Sheriff Claude Montgomery, who made the arrest. After a poker game with Montgomery and several other Vegas old timers, Grissom questions Montgomery, who deflects his questions. Back at the hotel, Catherine finds the fatal blow to the stomach that killed Layla was caused by a chair handle, indicating Layla ran into it in the darkness of the hotel. Her death was an accident. Riley identifies the man in the hospital as Harry Bastile, an African American saxophonist, using an old program from Le Chateau Rouge. Grissom asks Bastile why he moved Layla's body, and Bastile admits he didn't want anyone to discover him hiding out at Le Chateau Rouge. Grissom asks Karen Rosenthal to meet him at the hospital and tells her he thinks Melchior Wilson was framed for her husband's murder. He suspects Bastile is the real killer, but Karen admits the truth: she had been having an affair with Harry. When her husband caught them together, she shot him. She confessed to the murder, but the men in power in Las Vegas at the time forced the sheriff to arrest Melchior Wilson. A white woman could get away with murder, she tells Grissom, but not love a black man. Grissom meets Catherine on the strip and tells her he came to Vegas to win at cards. As an impecunious student, he chose science over his college love, but now he observes, it might be time to up the ante.

Jojo
20-12-2008, 09:48
Two men sit in a room, watching a television when one of the men turns on the other and kills him, stuffs him in a trash bag and leaves him in a river to decompose over time. At the labs, Grissom passes out cases and drops startling news on his team: he's decided to leave CSI. Before he does, he takes on one last case, which brings him to the trash bag in the river. The remains are "soup," anywhere from weeks to years old. Nick is able to recover a Star of David pendant and some blonde and brown hairs from them, while Dr. Robbins concludes from the skull that the victim was a 5'9" Caucasian male aged 25 or older and that he was strangled. Grissom puts the details in the database along with the pendant and comes up with a hit: Joel Steiner, believed to be a victim of the Dick and Jane Killer, who killed couples back in the 90s. "DJK," as he's referred to, is a man named Nathan Haskell who was caught in Reno and changed his plea to a guilty one in the middle of his trial. Catherine notes that while seven male victims were found, each with one more stab wound than the last, the bodies of his female victims were never discovered. Joel and his fiancée were suspected to be the possible first victims of the killer. Wendy matches the blonde hairs on the body to Haskell, but Hodges has a surprising revelation: the victim's sneakers are custom-designed, and only two years old, meaning that the body isn't Joel's. The sneakers are traced back to a man named Gerald Tolliver, a criminal informant for the Reno PD who disappeared six months ago. Nick and Greg head up to Reno to examine Tolliver's house, where they find blood on the wall and floor and a bloody shoe print. The CSIs also find Joel Steiner's jacket at Tolliver's house--as well as glasses from another victim and concert tickets from concerts several of the victims attended right before their disappearances.

Back at the lab, Grissom and Greg connect one set of tickets to the unsolved murders of Ian Wallace and Justine Stefani (from "Leave Out All the Rest"). Ian had nine stab wounds on his body, suggesting a continuation of Haskell's pattern. The team is baffled--Haskell pled guilty at the time of his trial when it was even suggested that he might have an accomplice. Could there be a DJK copycat? Grissom and Brass have Haskell's phone records and correspondence collected to search for a connection to Tolliver, while Detective Vartann informs Grissom and Brass that Haskell has been corresponding with a Professor Raymond Langston at West Las Vegas University and will participating in a series of video conferences with his criminology class. Grissom decides to pose as a professor and sit in on the class, hoping to gain insight into Haskell and discover if he does have an accomplice. Grissom heads to WLVU and sits in the back, observing as Langston introduces Haskell and opens the chat up to a Q&A. Haskell reveals the disturbing way his mind works, detailing how he would give his female victims hope before killing them to make them compliant. Back at the lab, the CSIs learn Ian and Justine had tickets for all three nights of Paramore's Las Vegas shows and discover their final set of tickets were used the night after they were killed. The CSIs scan video footage of the concert and discover two men with baseball caps with a local car wash logo on them. The CSIs track the two men, Richie and Donnie, down and learn they bought the tickets from a scalper, whom one of them describes as a "skinny white dude." One of them hands a ticket stub over and Mandy is able to recover prints from it and match them to a Curtis Keesey. Nick and Vartann rush to the man's home and find a maggot-ridden body there.

Based on the maggots, Grissom determines Keesey has been dead at least a month. The tire treads of Keesey's car match the ones at Ian and Justine's house, indicating he was involved in the murders, but the shoe treads from the scene don't match his. Catherine and Greg posit that Keesey and Tolliver were partners but that when he learned Tolliver became an informant for the Reno PD, he turned on him and killed him. Grissom revisits Langston's class and witnesses Joel Steiner's mother bursting in and confronting Haskell. After she's removed, Grissom suggests to Haskell that he thinks he had help with his murders and Haskell correctly guesses Grissom is a law enforcement officer. Langston angrily ends the session and confronts Grissom and Brass, saying he would have been happy to help if asked. Grissom hands the professor his card and promises to keep him informed. Later that evening, Langston gets a call from Haskell and calls Grissom to patch him into the call. Haskell reveals the location of Joel Steiner's body, and nearby the CSIs discover a fresh male body, with ten stab wounds....

Jojo
20-12-2008, 09:50
This is the first of the last two episodes that Grissom features in (at least for on the regular basis) :crying:

I just hope Catherine doesn't go like she does when they split them - she was so far up her own behind as supervisor back then, I so hope she's "learnt" a few things since and supervises differently this time.

Chloe O'brien
20-12-2008, 23:33
CSI just won't be the same without Grissom, but hopefully they will return it to its rightful format about being about science and how they solve the crimes and not the Catherine Williow's show.

Emmie
28-12-2008, 02:42
Ive never took to csi :s duno why but i just can't seem to follow it x

Chloe O'brien
02-01-2009, 00:01
New series begins on Tuesday 13 January at 9pm of ch5. Make sure you all have a hankie.

CrazyLea
02-01-2009, 03:22
13th!!!!! REALLY I thought it was 30th THANKS Kath Made my night!!!

Jojo
02-01-2009, 14:51
I thought as soon as Miami had finished, that it must be on soon.

I'm all ready for it!!! :crying:

Chloe O'brien
03-01-2009, 22:46

I'm not can't we not just rewind it back three years to when Jim got shot then delete the ending with Grissom/Sara in bed that way we can get our blood and gore back.

Jojo
03-01-2009, 22:48

I'm not can't we not just rewind it back three years to when Jim got shot then delete the ending with Grissom/Sara in bed that way we can get our blood and gore back.

Or even before that Kath. I'm just grateful for there being C5 available in hospital, or I'd miss the episode.

I don't want it on - I know whats going to happen, but that part of me has to watch it.

CrazyLea
03-01-2009, 22:57
Hospital?????????????? :eek:

tammyy2j
19-01-2009, 20:35
Fishburne's brand-new CSI, Dr. Raymond Langston, as he learns to investigate — and Fishburne learns who his character is.

"We don't know what the character is going to be," Fishburne told TVGuide.com. "The wonderful thing about this whole television thing is that we're all discovering it, we're trying to create it from episode to episode to episode."

One thing Fishburne's character won't be is a man with a genetic makeup previously considered common among serial killers. Initially, there had been talk that Dr. Langston would have such a syndrome, but the idea was later abandoned because the science that inspired it was outdated, executive producer Naren Shankar told TVGuide.com.

"Very early research on the character had indicated that there was a syndrome that was sort of more prevalent in serial killers," Shankar said. "That turned out not to be the case."

In addtion to Fishburne's new character, Swift will appear later this season as a troubled teenager whose parents own a motel. The episode will start in the present, then revisit the last year, season by season, Shankar said. The singer can expect plenty of dramatic moments, he promised. (The country ingénue also got to say a few lines on the latest Saturday Night Live, playing Little Orphan Annie.)

During a set visit, show insiders also revealed that The Exorcist helmer William Friedkin will direct the show's 200th episode — and the first in a long time to be shot in Las Vegas.

Chloe O'brien
03-03-2009, 22:40
Only two more episodes and it's bye bye Grissom :crying: :crying:

tammyy2j
22-04-2009, 12:47
CSI
Thursday, May 14
The CSIs investigate a series of murders tied to a scam involving valuable poker chips from a long-gone casino and Det. Ray Langston must use deadly force for the first time in his career as a CSI. Cynthia Watros and Gerald McRaney guest star.