PDA

View Full Version : My car is my lover

StarsOfCCTV
20-05-2008, 17:20
This has to be one of the wierdest documentaries I've read about :p Anyone going to watch it?

In 1991, a bizarre story made the headlines about a man who'd fallen madly in love with a Austin Metro and even had sex with it - via the exhaust pipe. An urban myth, surely? Incredibly no...

According to this weeks documentary on Five, Strangelove: My Car Is My Lover, the story is true and the man in question, who couldn't be traced, isn't unique.

The programme investigates a community of 'mechaophiles', as they're known, sharing their true love of cars on the internet. In a quest to discover just what makes a man want to make love to his motor, the programme features two men in America who are happy to admit they have 'full' relationships with their cars.

One is 57-year-old Edward Smith, from Washington. The object of his desire is his long term 'girlfriend' Vanilla, a 1974-era VW Beetle, which he takes on a romantic trip to California to meet fellow mechaphile Jordan, from Missouri, and his latest partner, Todd the Trans Am. Both men say they've never been interested in girls, but have been sexually drawn to cars since childhood.

'When I was 13 they brought out the Corvette Stingray', says Edward. 'That car was pure sex and it seemed to ignite a whole new appreciation in me. Sometimes I see myself as a bit off the wall, but then I see TV shows such Knight Rider and they show cars as lovable characters. Every bit of Vanilla has a sensuality', he says, stroking and kissing his beloveds curves. 'She's my lover, and I don't see anything wrong with that.'

Siobhan
20-05-2008, 17:22
Ok.. don't have 5 but seem like a very very strange group of people

Hollie-x
20-05-2008, 17:51
even had sex with it - via the exhaust pipe.

Slightly strange!

Will defo be watching this one.

Abigail
20-05-2008, 17:53
Both men say they've never been interested in girls, but have been sexually drawn to cars since childhood.'

Isn't that a mental illness? Makes a change from being gay I suppose.

When's it on?

StarsOfCCTV
20-05-2008, 18:10
Whoops sorry forgot to put the date :o It's on next Wednesday at 10pm :)

Perdita
20-05-2008, 19:36
They have sex via the exhaust pipe? Hope they wait until it has cooled down a bit or they have some really hot lovers. :rotfl: My mind is going into overdrive now - can you get different size exhaust pipes for different sized bits :o

Pinkbanana
20-05-2008, 19:45
How strange!!! lol what channel and time this on please???

Perdita
20-05-2008, 19:46
How strange!!! lol what channel and time this on please???

Next Wednesday at 10 pm on Channel 5

Abbie
20-05-2008, 21:08
What on earth! :eek:

Siobhan
21-05-2008, 09:41
They have sex via the exhaust pipe? Hope they wait until it has cooled down a bit or they have some really hot lovers. :rotfl: My mind is going into overdrive now - can you get different size exhaust pipes for different sized bits :o

I wonder if they wear condoms so they don't get dirt around their bits :lol::lol:

Abbie
23-05-2008, 21:57
:eek: Just saw an advert for this!

StarsOfCCTV
23-05-2008, 21:59
What does it contain? :lol: :p

Abbie
23-05-2008, 22:03
It just showed you people kissing there cars and saying how............... they like to stroke their cars
(I put the last part it the nicest way possible

StarsOfCCTV
23-05-2008, 22:06
:eek: Okkk........

Perdita
23-05-2008, 22:06
What channel was the advert on

Abbie
23-05-2008, 22:12
Fiver
It was just strange!

Chloe O'brien
24-05-2008, 01:32
I saw the advert last night with the guy liking the car as if he was trying to kiss it how gross.

Kim
24-05-2008, 12:10
Will watch this as I'm on half term next week... may well live to regret it though lol

StarsOfCCTV
26-05-2008, 23:05
I just saw the advert! Disturbing.........:ninja:

Abigail
27-05-2008, 18:17
I've seen a clip of it on youtube, not sure if its the trailer. I think its more suitable for the mile high section so I won't post it here :eek: This (http://www.youtube.com/user/mycarmylover) member has clips from the film :sick: I most defintely aren't watching it :sick: Some of the things they say are unrepeatable.

Perdita
27-05-2008, 19:30
:sick: I just had a look at the YouTube vids, definitely not going to watch the programme. I can't believe this is for real, surely it is a wind-up?

StarsOfCCTV
27-05-2008, 19:40
That clip is a bit....:sick: I'm in two minds over watching it now...

Abbie
27-05-2008, 19:44
:eek: That is soooo disturbing :sick:

Pinkbanana
28-05-2008, 10:48

Yeah, I found that clip very disturbing, but I guess what he is doing isn't harming anyone else, ie he isn't a child abuser or rapist...he just loves his car a little too much...:eek: Think I'll be giving the doc a miss...a little too graphic for my liking...

Abbie
28-05-2008, 11:44

Yeah, I found that clip very disturbing, but I guess what he is doing isn't harming anyone else, ie he isn't a child abuser or rapist...he just loves his car a little too much...:eek: Think I'll be giving the doc a miss...a little too graphic for my liking...

I know, but hes just going a bit too far

StarsOfCCTV
28-05-2008, 12:46
I can see why it is on at 10pm now...they can show things like that after the watershed.

StarsOfCCTV
29-05-2008, 11:55
So did anyone watch it? I know Abigail and Abbie did :p

It was...interesting..but kind of sick in places. :sick: Actually most places. Too much information sometimes it was like woah stop there :lol: I half wanted to laugh half hide behind a pillow :p

The Edward guy was kinda creepy, how he was driving along and kept going "Ooh look at that tailpipe!" and stroking other peoples cars. Not to mention what he did to the hire car and Todd the Trans Am. :lol: That man couldn't keep his hands to himself :sick:

The narrator was funny."We had noticed Edward eyeing up our hirecar along the way." :lol: Not a programme for the faint hearted lol.

Abbie
29-05-2008, 11:57
:lol: It was very funny, but the most disturbing thing I have ever see :sick:
I mean a Helicopter!!! :eek:
And he couldnt control himself!!!! I mean poor Todd the car owned by the other guy, he cant just do that to other peoples cars.
And I wish he didnt mention his "Loving seed" :sick:

Abigail
29-05-2008, 11:58
The Edward guy was kinda creepy, how he was driving along and kept going "Ooh look at that tailpipe!" and stroking other peoples cars. Not to mention what he did to the hire car and Todd the Trans Am. :lol: That man couldn't keep his hands to himself :sick:

Was he the older guy? Some of it was sick, especially when he was talking to the interviewer about what he got up to during the night :sick:

I wonder how many people watched it.

StarsOfCCTV
29-05-2008, 11:59

Was he the older guy? Some of it was sick, especially when he was talking to the interviewer about what he got up to during the night :sick:

I wonder how many people watched it.

Yes he was. I can't believe the interviewer telling him what he saw just encouraged him! :sick:

Abbie
29-05-2008, 12:02
I know! the interviewer made me laugh though the way he said some things, it was sick :sick: when they took some other shots and turned around to find you know what

sindydoll
29-05-2008, 13:54
:lol: omg what the hell was all that about :lol: that programme was :sick: i dont know what i would do if i was in a car park and i came accross a bloke doing that to a car i think i'd die next week is about a woman who has sex with the eithel tower :lol:

Chloe O'brien
29-05-2008, 15:31
I totally forgot about this last night. Is it available to watch on 4D

Abbie
29-05-2008, 15:34
It was on Channel 5

Chloe O'brien
29-05-2008, 15:37
It was on Channel 5

right enough it was DH on 4.

sindydoll
29-05-2008, 22:29
it was boring anyway you didnt miss anything

Abigail
29-05-2008, 22:53

You didn't find it sick/weird/freaky at all?

Abbie
29-05-2008, 23:03
:eek: It was the werdist thing I have ever watched

sindydoll
30-05-2008, 08:26

You didn't find it sick/weird/freaky at all? it was the most sick weirdest thing Ive ever seen and to be truthful i think it was made up i dont believe any of it was true!

Perdita
30-05-2008, 09:33

You didn't find it sick/weird/freaky at all? it was the most sick weirdest thing Ive ever seen and to be truthful i think it was made up i dont believe any of it was true!

I would not be surprised at all if it was to be revealed that this was a hoax, I know there are some weirdos about but to have sex with a car?

Abbie
30-05-2008, 12:25
It just couldnt be a hoax, the guy showed you pics of him from years and years ago with the helicopter :sick:

StarsOfCCTV
30-05-2008, 12:46
No it couldn't have been a hoax. They showed video of him..'with' the car...and no...the way he was just generally. I don't believe it was a hoax I just believe it was sick and wierd...:sick:

Abigail
30-05-2008, 15:08
Well if it was a hoax and I was involved I certainly wouldn't let somebody film me having sex with a car.

Abbie
30-05-2008, 19:50
Im guessing the guy let them film him, either that or he signed something that meant whatever they filmed they could show

sindydoll
30-05-2008, 20:30

I would not be surprised at all if it was to be revealed that this was a hoax, I know there are some weirdos about but to have sex with a car?my thoughts too.....a car is goin a bit far :lol: