PDA

View Full Version : Departures and Arrivals this summer

tammyy2j
16-05-2008, 16:15
Leaving

Jonny, Grayson, Perdy, Miles and The Doland family

Arriving

Genesis Dingle and Anna De Souza (Donald's daughter)

TaintedLove
16-05-2008, 20:09
Leaving

:cheer: :thumbsup: :clap:
I wish Viv was leaving for good

Perdita
17-05-2008, 15:18
What? I am leaving? When and Why? :eek: :crying: :crying:

Abbie
17-05-2008, 16:35
I wonder what will happen to Katie then

tammyy2j
17-05-2008, 22:07

I really hope Katie leaves or dies she is a terrible annoying character

Chris_2k11
18-05-2008, 11:33

I really hope Katie leaves or dies she is a terrible annoying characterI can't believe shes still in it

pinkles14
18-05-2008, 17:43
Leaving

Viv is taking a years break (not sure when) thats what she said on this morning.....

Perdita
18-05-2008, 18:48
Leaving

Viv is taking a years break (not sure when) thats what she said on this morning.....

In ther summer, so should be pretty soon. With the storyline at the moment, I would think she might get imprisoned for a year, or perhaps she goes on the run?? :hmm:

tammyy2j
19-05-2008, 16:22

Emmerdale has confirmed that Georgia Slowe, who plays Perdy Hyde-Sinclair, will leave the show in the summer.

But for all you Perdy fans out there, we've been promised a dramatic exit!

The actress, who has been in the soap since 2006, says: “I have played Perdy for two-and-a-half years now and have enjoyed it immensely.

"Emmerdale gave me a fantastic break for which I will always be grateful. I’ve met some lovely people and am looking forward to filming Perdy’s exit story before relishing new projects.”

New series producer, Anita Turner, added: “We’re really excited about this storyline which will rock the village during the summer. Georgia has been an asset to the show and we wish her all the best for the future.”

http://www.itv.com/Soaps/emmerdale/newsandgossip/Perdyleavesvillage/default.html

Perdita
19-05-2008, 16:24

Emmerdale has confirmed that Georgia Slowe, who plays Perdy Hyde-Sinclair, will leave the show in the summer.

But for all you Perdy fans out there, we've been promised a dramatic exit!

The actress, who has been in the soap since 2006, says: “I have played Perdy for two-and-a-half years now and have enjoyed it immensely.

"Emmerdale gave me a fantastic break for which I will always be grateful. I’ve met some lovely people and am looking forward to filming Perdy’s exit story before relishing new projects.”

New series producer, Anita Turner, added: “We’re really excited about this storyline which will rock the village during the summer. Georgia has been an asset to the show and we wish her all the best for the future.”

http://www.itv.com/Soaps/emmerdale/newsandgossip/Perdyleavesvillage/default.html

:crying: :crying: :crying:

Chris_2k11
19-05-2008, 17:00
Hope your not leaving here though Perdy :thumbsup:

Perdita
19-05-2008, 17:06
Hope your not leaving here though Perdy :thumbsup:

No chance :lol:

Chris_2k11
19-05-2008, 17:59
:lol: good to hear

Joanne
20-05-2008, 13:44
I heard Donna is leaving too - does anyone know when that is?

Chris_2k11
20-05-2008, 13:56
not sure but hope its soon!

Perdita
20-05-2008, 14:07
I heard Donna is leaving too - does anyone know when that is?

I don't think it is for another year that she is leaving, if at all. I believe the producers are desperately trying to keep her in the soap.

tammyy2j
03-06-2008, 09:59
Former Cape Wrath actress Emma Davies has joined the cast of Emmerdale as the show's new super-bitch.

The 38-year-old, who played the role of Abigail York in the now-axed Channel 4 show, will descend on the Dales in July as the savvy and strong-willed red-head Anna De Souza, daughter of local entrepreneur Donald De Souza (Michael Jayston).

With a cunning ruthlessness, Anna arrives in the village for her father's birthday and immediately clears the hurdles which face her family and their fortune. She's a country girl through and through, evidenced in her love of shooting, archery and horse riding.

Anna's turbulent history with her father is apparent from the start, but she is determined to put their past behind them. However, she instantly finds a rival in Carl King (Tom Lister) in her bid to win Donald's respect.

Speaking of her casting, Emma said: "I'm so excited to be playing Anna and looking forward to joining the fantastic cast and getting stuck into some meaty storylines. Anna is intelligent and feisty and intends to have fun making her mark on the Dales."

Emmerdale's series producer Anita Turner explained: "Anna is a really interesting character. She seeks her father’s approval but everyone else must dance to her tune. Anna sees opportunities and goes for them. The King Brothers won't know what’s hit them!"

She told DS: "She's very much harping back to the history of the show… she has hidden depths – it's all about the complexities."

Emma began filming at the Yorkshire-based soap last week and will first appear on screen next month.