PDA

View Full Version : 'Enders bosses looking for "new Wicksy"

Perdita
12-05-2008, 12:44
EastEnders bosses have begun looking for a good-looking roguish male to star in the soap.

Executive producer Diederick Santer revealed that he was keen to get a "new Wicksy-style man" in the show to replace departing cast members Joe Swash (Mickey Miller) and Rob Kazinsky (Sean Slater).

Simon Wicks was played by Nick Berry between 1985 and 1990. His character left Albert Square to begin a new life in New Zealand following a feud with Ian Beale.

"I’d like to see a new Wicksy-style man arrive in Walford," Santer told the Daily Star. "A real charmer but a bit of a rogue at the same time."

Speaking about the departure of Rob Kazinsky, Santer added: "He will go out in spectacular style.

"We’ve just started talking about his exit and the ideas that are flying around are very exciting and fitting to such a great character.

"I’m not giving anything away though, it’s far too early. It does mean we need a new 20-something fella."

Now, I know there are some gorgeous fellas on this forum, how about auditioning? :thumbsup:

Chloe O'brien
12-05-2008, 12:56
They are going to need a 40 something male to play the role of Wicksy. He was already in his 20's when he left the square in the 90's.

Chris_2k11
12-05-2008, 14:00
They are going to need a 40 something male to play the role of Wicksy. He was already in his 20's when he left the square in the 90's.No i dont think they mean they actually want him back, i think they just mean a similar character :)