PDA

View Full Version : pauline for the chop?

chance
23-05-2005, 18:02
Meanwhile, The People reports that EastEnders plan to axe a string of characters in a desperate bid to breathe new life into the ailing soap. Those facing an uncertain future in Albert Square include the Miller family and roadsweeper Gus. Even original cast member Wendy Richard’s future is in doubt as her character, the never knowingly under-cardiganed Pauline Fowler, has become increasingly unpopular with viewers in recent times

Ella.
23-05-2005, 18:05
I dont really mind Pauline, perhaps some new storylines would make the character a bit more popular. I quite like the relationship she has with Demi, maybe they could build on that.

I thought Gus was leaving anyway?

Debs
23-05-2005, 18:09
i dont dislike pauline i just dont like the way she interferes in everything!! it would be a shame if she went!!

to me it would be no loss if the millers or gus left!!

Princess
23-05-2005, 18:47
I don't really like the Millers but I love Demi.

I like Pauline, but her storylines are really boring.

Angeldelight
23-05-2005, 18:48
YES!! YES!! please tell me my dreams have come true and we're getting rid of Pauline... :cheer: i hate this storyline they're doing with her and Rebecca... if she loved that child at all she'd leave her to get on with her life... :angry: :banned:

i don't mind if they get rid of the Miller parent's cus they're boring but Mickey, Demi and Darren to stay... :thumbsup:

Gus is a good character... but he's had NO storylines since Juley left... give the bloke a chance... how can he prove himself as an actor if they don't give him GOOD storylines... :hmm:

kelly05
23-05-2005, 19:13
Yeah I agree with you about Gus..... Tracey behind the bar is getting more action than him these days!!!

Feel sorry for Wendy Richards. I think she is a fantastic actress, and it's not her fault the writers continue to potray her as a boring and manipulative old cow! When was the last time they even allowed her to smile? She has definitely been made out to be the bad guy in the Chloe/Rebecca storyline. Viewers are finding it hard to have any sympathy for her predicament.Doesn't anyone think that Sonia and MArtin have been a bit cruel towards her? They kept her in the dark from the beginning, and now refuse to understand her feelings. I really can't imagine the producers axing her. She's like the Ken Barlow of Eastenders!!!

.:SpIcYsPy:.
23-05-2005, 21:02
Go away Pauline we hate youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!! :angry:

Behemoth
23-05-2005, 21:04
I don't think that they would get rid of Pauline, no matter how badly the soap is doing.

callummc
23-05-2005, 21:28
insread of axing her why not use their writers to give her a personality transplant they've done it to everyone else,so why not pauline

23-05-2005, 21:30
like who... sorry i forgot :p

23-05-2005, 21:30
I don't think that they would get rid of Pauline, no matter how badly the soap is doing.
Yeah maybe since she's been there ever since it started?

kelly05
23-05-2005, 21:56
like who... sorry i forgot :p
Billy Mitchell had a major personality transplant!!! Also remember Minty used to be the evil landlord of the flats- demanding the rent from a skint Laura Beale? And what about Alfie - He's now a big bore!!!!!

Those are the only ones I can think of at the min!!! :thumbsup:

23-05-2005, 21:57
Oh yeah!! I remember now.. its all coming back. Yeah maybe a nicer Pauline who is less annoying and more friendly?

callummc
24-05-2005, 08:53
here's a few more-pat-was an old slapper who would sleep with anyone,johnny allen-gangsta no1-now being bossed about by anyone and everyones forgetting he murdered poor andy,-andy himself from gangsta with morals who was firm and had respect to andy who gone slimy and anyone could slag of in public and he let it go,den -the original king of walford-who returned after 14 years and hadn't changed much-wouldn't hurt sharon on purpose,helped his mates and helped lisa but after only a year in walford forgot who he was his own personality dissapeared o christmas eve and returned on that fatefull night,the millars kids-started of as a disfunctional family-the kids have suddenly turned in to arc angels and the whole family have gone miserable.paul- a bit of a jack the lad-turned into a miserable drug dealer,at the end of the day pauline needs a good holiday where she meets a bloke moves him in and then it's down to martin to interfere in paulines house.

Babe14
24-05-2005, 09:35
pauline needs a good holiday where she meets a bloke moves him in and then it's down to martin to interfere in paulines house.

That would be funny. "Mum what do you think your doing?"

I don't think that they would axe Pauline she is one of the old established characters and has been there since day one. The character has become stale and unpopular but that could all be changed. Mind you if the character is annoying us then it just goes to show what a wonderful job Wendy Richards is doing! I think definitely a bloke with a bit of a mischievious side to him would liven Pauline up, maybe a hunk. That's get everyone talking especially if he was a toy boy.

stacyefc
24-05-2005, 09:40
i think pauline is one of them characters like ian beale though you hate her but it would be crap without her.

Babe14
24-05-2005, 09:46
i think pauline is one of them characters like ian beale though you hate her but it would be crap without her.

Exactly. Ian I hate one minute, like the next, then feel sorry for him. I love him and Jane together.

phils little sister
24-05-2005, 11:10
Pauline shoud win an extreme makeover with a personality transplant added in

Treacle
24-05-2005, 11:24
I don't think they would ever axe Pauline. She's always been miserable but you didn't really care in the past nowadays there's not very much going on so she stands out more and you just want her to leave but I think she should stay!!!

dddMac1
24-05-2005, 13:55
i really like the millers i'm not suprised that Pauline has become really unpopular but i don't think she should leave

Treacle
24-05-2005, 14:00
She just needs to stop banging on about that Rebecca/Chloe.

lucymillagan
24-05-2005, 14:47
yh i dont like apuline much but she shouldnt be axed

dddMac1
24-05-2005, 14:49
they need to give her an Exciting storyline

Treacle
24-05-2005, 14:52
I don't think she NEEDS ANY kind of storyline. She's part of the show's core cast and an integral link to it's history. That should be the ONLY reason for keeping her. Everything she does is with a face like a smacked bum only it's got worse recently because it's not been balanced out with enough stuff.
If I hear her mention Chloe one more time I'm going to throw my slipper at the television :)

Johnny Allen
24-05-2005, 17:32
Yes please Eastenders axe her, shes boring and has no real character and Wendy Richards may be part of the furniture but she's a bloody awful actress

Debs
24-05-2005, 17:34
I don't think she NEEDS ANY kind of storyline. She's part of the show's core cast and an integral link to it's history. That should be the ONLY reason for keeping her. Everything she does is with a face like a smacked bum only it's got worse recently because it's not been balanced out with enough stuff.
If I hear her mention Chloe one more time I'm going to throw my slipper at the television :)

couldnt agree more!!

24-05-2005, 17:38
She just needs to stop banging on about that Rebecca/Chloe.
Exactly!! :thumbsdow

*JSW*
24-05-2005, 18:03
To judge a character onj their storyline and not the acting ability. If we all felt sorry Pauline in some sort of storyline. i bet views would be different. Wendy Richards is a strong link to history but also one of the strongest and in my opinion, best portrayed characters. She is highly believable and pulls the role off well.

Don't judge a character/actress for the wrong reasons!

Treacle
24-05-2005, 18:06
The current storyline has been milked to death and Pauline is making it worse!
Although I think she should stay because she's not a poor actress and she does give vital links to what the show is about.

*Roxy*
24-05-2005, 18:52
YES!! YES!! please tell me my dreams have come true and we're getting rid of Pauline... :cheer: i hate this storyline they're doing with her and Rebecca... if she loved that child at all she'd leave her to get on with her life... :angry: :banned:

i don't mind if they get rid of the Miller parent's cus they're boring but Mickey, Demi and Darren to stay... :thumbsup:

Gus is a good character... but he's had NO storylines since Juley left... give the bloke a chance... how can he prove himself as an actor if they don't give him GOOD storylines... :hmm:

i agree with that

yvonne_slater
27-05-2005, 12:58
Pauline Fowler is like a colon of my mother in law so count yourselves lucky that you only have to put up with her on screen !!!!!

emma_strange
27-05-2005, 13:23
Oh I like them all, i hope they stay, especially the Millers

Meh
27-05-2005, 13:35
Pauline Fowler is like a colon of my mother in law so count yourselves lucky that you only have to put up with her on screen !!!!!

:lol:

Behemoth
27-05-2005, 13:38
The current storyline has been milked to death and Pauline is making it worse!
Although I think she should stay because she's not a poor actress and she does give vital links to what the show is about. Yup, they can't get rid of Pauline. Eastenders without Pauline, Dot, Ian etc is like a tree without it's roots.

gbnut
27-05-2005, 17:34
To judge a character onj their storyline and not the acting ability. If we all felt sorry Pauline in some sort of storyline. i bet views would be different. Wendy Richards is a strong link to history but also one of the strongest and in my opinion, best portrayed characters. She is highly believable and pulls the role off well.

Don't judge a character/actress for the wrong reasons!

totally agree

it would not be in bbc intrest to sack her. she is too big a name to be sacked

Angeldelight
27-05-2005, 18:00
Pauline is just s boring and i don't know anyone who DOESN'T think the Rebecca storyline ISN'T rubbish... get rid of Pualine and maybe she can take Ian with her too... :cheer: get rid of them both...

sarah21
27-05-2005, 18:42
There are loads of people who don't think the Rebecca storyline is rubbish. In fact most people seem to like it. But it hasn't really been about Rebecca yet, it has been about Pauline and her loneliness and how manipulative and interfering she is when it comes to getting her own way. There is more to come I would imagine.

i_love_matt!
27-05-2005, 18:44
im not to bothered about gus or pauline but the MILLERS????
they can't axe the millers- they are great.

what are they playin at???

Angeldelight
27-05-2005, 18:50
There are loads of people who don't think the Rebecca storyline is rubbish. In fact most people seem to like it. But it hasn't really been about Rebecca yet, it has been about Pauline and her loneliness and how manipulative and interfering she is when it comes to getting her own way. There is more to come I would imagine.

More!! they're can't be more!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo please tell me they're not doing MORE!!!!

Behemoth
27-05-2005, 18:52
I like the Rebecca storyline!

Angeldelight
27-05-2005, 18:55
i like the way they did it with Sonia and Martin having to decide what to do... but this stuff with Pauline is rubbish and it's just dragging it out...

kckinsmcg
27-05-2005, 19:13
insread of axing her why not use their writers to give her a personality transplant they've done it to everyone else,so why not pauline

Absolutely!! Instead they have turned her into shrieking shrew of a witch! Always complaining, up her sons backside, looks down on everyone. They turned her into her mother!

Personally as a woman, I dont want to see that happen. No matter how much we love our darling old mums, we never want to be reminded that we could turn into them. My mother was detective sargeant with the Providence Police, but I still can't bear to think that someday i might morph into a woman who says, "Do we own the electric company? Shut off those lights!" with a twisted up face. EE has Dot for that! She is so good at it. We get to see more of Dot's soft side than Pauline's.

Pauline was never as "human" and likeable to me as when Mark died. She was frail and lost, but it gave her some depth. Now it is like she has forgotten what loss and distance and time can do to a bitter family and she will go down swinging trying to run everyone's life.

So if the writers can't change her every now and again, okay kill her. Someone breaks in and suffocates her with her own tea cozy. :ninja: :eek: :cheer:

Angeldelight
27-05-2005, 19:16
Absolutely!! Instead they have turned her into shrieking shrew of a witch! Always complaining, up her sons backside, looks down on everyone. They turned her into her mother!

Personally as a woman, I dont want to see that happen. No matter how much we love our darling old mums, we never want to be reminded that we could turn into them. My mother was detective sargeant with the Providence Police, but I still can't bear to think that someday i might morph into a woman who says, "Do we own the electric company? Shut off those lights!" with a twisted up face. EE has Dot for that! She is so good at it. We get to see more of Dot's soft side than Pauline's.

Pauline was never as "human" and likeable to me as when Mark died. She was frail and lost, but it gave her some depth. Now it is like she has forgotten what loss and distance and time can do to a bitter family and she will go down swinging trying to run everyone's life.

So if the writers can't change her every now and again, okay kill her. Someone breaks in and suffocates her with her own tea cozy. :ninja: :eek: :cheer:

well said... you took the words straight of my mouth... hey maybe they can kill her then bury her in Athur's allotments... hehe

kckinsmcg
27-05-2005, 19:25
well said... you took the words straight of my mouth... hey maybe they can kill her then bury her in Athur's allotments... hehe

She wouldnever have that. How about under Martin's fruit and veg?

(Hey, hey, hey you dirty-minded people. I meant on the stall so she can still keep an eye on him ever after death!)

What'd you think I meant? :angel:
More to the point what were you all thinking? :o :banned:

melanielovesdennisrickman
28-05-2005, 00:08
Hiya!!!!!
I Can't SAY That I Will Miss PaUliNe MUCh,As She Really Annoys Me!!!!!
She Is Also Being Very Selfish,With The Whole Chloe Thing,With Martin And Sonia,And All That!!!!!

Love
:heart: Melanie :heart:

gbnut
28-05-2005, 10:39
i think pauline rprotrays what a lot of mothers are like out there. especially mother in laws. she is very realistic and i am sure we all no someone just like her. i do not mean trying to get there grandchild i mean minipulative interfeering gossiping lonley etc.

kckinsmcg
28-05-2005, 12:27
here's a few more-pat-was an old slapper who would sleep with anyone,johnny allen-gangsta no1-now being bossed about by anyone and everyones forgetting he murdered poor andy,-andy himself from gangsta with morals who was firm and had respect to andy who gone slimy and anyone could slag of in public and he let it go,den -the original king of walford-who returned after 14 years and hadn't changed much-wouldn't hurt sharon on purpose,helped his mates and helped lisa but after only a year in walford forgot who he was his own personality dissapeared o christmas eve and returned on that fatefull night,the millars kids-started of as a disfunctional family-the kids have suddenly turned in to arc angels and the whole family have gone miserable.paul- a bit of a jack the lad-turned into a miserable drug dealer,at the end of the day pauline needs a good holiday where she meets a bloke moves him in and then it's down to martin to interfere in paulines house.

Your post was so big I almost didn't want to quote it, but it was so "nail on the head" that i could not find a good point begin from! :clap:

Nice summation and what a fabulous idea for Pauline! That would put the snap back in her knickers. I sincerely hope the writers view these boards because that would be a very good idea with a lot of room to move around several different characters.

Can you imagine how upset Dot would be with that whole scenario? :angry:
Martin, Patrick, Yolande, Derek, Jim, Ian, Jane, the Millers? She has been so holier-than-thou for so long the whole square would have an interest in one way or another. The only happy for her would be Sonia. Now they can both "get some" in peace! :D :cheer: