PDA

View Full Version : EastEnders - Richie Wants To Be Back

moonstorm
08-05-2008, 08:29
Shane Richie wants to return to EastEnders to reprise his role as Alfie Moon.

Alfie and his lover Kat Slater, played by Jessie Wallace, were written out of the BBC soap in 2005 as they left to start a new life together.

Since then, 44 year old Richie has since had a number of acting jobs but none have matched his glory days in EastEnders.

He said in a newspaper interview: “I’d love to go back to EastEnders.

“I look forward to the day a call comes from the producers saying, ‘We want Alfie back’.

Dutchgirl
08-05-2008, 11:46
Shane Richie wants to return to EastEnders to reprise his role as Alfie Moon.

Alfie and his lover Kat Slater, played by Jessie Wallace, were written out of the BBC soap in 2005 as they left to start a new life together.

Since then, 44 year old Richie has since had a number of acting jobs but none have matched his glory days in EastEnders.

He said in a newspaper interview: “I’d love to go back to EastEnders.

“I look forward to the day a call comes from the producers saying, ‘We want Alfie back’.

I'd love for him to come back, but only with Jessie Wallace in tow. They were magic together.

Bryan
08-05-2008, 12:02
I'd love for Alfie to come back, he really made Eastenders enjoyable to watch back in the day. But whether I'd want to see him back without Kat I don't know.

Hopefully in a few years they will do a Ricky + Biance and come back, when they realise what side their bread's buttered on.

Jessie Wallace
08-05-2008, 12:13
Now that would be kool, but as you both said only if he came back with Kat, they were my best soap couple ever. Even over Den and Angie (Sorry Alan)

Siobhan
08-05-2008, 12:33
Now that would be kool, but as you both said only if he came back with Kat, they were my best soap couple ever. Even over Den and Angie (Sorry Alan)

Nobody is a good as Den and Angie.. the original and the best

Jessie Wallace
08-05-2008, 12:38

Nobody is a good as Den and Angie.. the original and the best

Eek, no sorry, although i'm probably the only one to disagree, i couldn't stand them, almost as annoying as Peggy.

sindydoll
08-05-2008, 14:47
please dont bring him back he was dead annoying! and that little bro of his was even more annoying! was his name spencer??

Perdita
08-05-2008, 14:54
Eastenders bosses have no plans to bring him back, according to Digital Spy, he is probably not as successful these days as he would like to be, the usual thing with ex-soap actors, wanting their job back as the career in movies or as a singer is not taking off.

Chris_2k11
08-05-2008, 18:12
Leave him in the past, those days are gone now. The show has changed too much from when he was in it, he wouldn't fit in anymore. And I can't see how he could possibly return without Kat anyway.

Pinkbanana
08-05-2008, 19:56
I wouldn't be surprised if he came back in the future....would be great if kat joined him - and it's not exactly like either of them have set the acting world alight with their performances since leaving EE, so I reckon its a real possibility we might see them again on the square. :thumbsup:

sindydoll
08-05-2008, 21:32
there is no point in him his character is well and truly over! now the rest of the moons have gone including kat and little mo

Katy
09-05-2008, 08:30
Briging back characters only work when it has been carefully thought out. A lot of them you end up hating second time round and wishing theyd never come back, but if he did and the weriters got a good comeback, it could work.

Chloe O'brien
09-05-2008, 22:45
The writers of EE should put an advert in the Job Centre. Any ex EE has-been who got too big for their boots and decided to leave a secure well paid job that didn't require much acting talent, who thought that acting jobs would be landing at thier feet, but now find themselves skint. Should complete an application form and the writers may be able to find them a tempory post supporting an 80 year old dwarf and her baldy beetroot faced son.

StarsOfCCTV
10-05-2008, 00:40
I don't want him back unless he comes back with Kat. And they can replace Bianca and Ricky :lol:

Perdita
11-05-2008, 06:42
Former EastEnders star Shane Richie has admitted that many of the soap's fans often lose touch with reality.

The actor, who played Alfie Moon on the show, revealed that members of the public - and even well-known companies - were overly concerned about the welfare of pensioner Nana Moon, who was played by Hilda Braid.

"You'd be surprised by how many people genuinely believe the EastEnders storylines," Shane told the Daily Star. "With the Alfie and Nana Moon thing, we were actually sent brochures from real-life retirement homes: 'Dear Mr Moon, we understand your nan is unwell...' You sort of think: 'Wow'."

He added: "We were even offered a Caribbean cruise. A famous cruise company wrote and said they'd happily take the whole Moon family if they needed a break from the Square. Can you imagine? I'd have had to walk around the ship pretending to be Alfie for two weeks, looking after Nana Moon."

Richie starred on the soap from 2002 to 2005. He recently confirmed that he would be willing to make a comeback to the Square in the future.

From Digital Spy

Abbie
11-05-2008, 09:32
I'd love for Alfie to come back, he really made Eastenders enjoyable to watch back in the day. But whether I'd want to see him back without Kat I don't know.

Hopefully in a few years they will do a Ricky + Biance and come back, when they realise what side their bread's buttered on.

Im the same, once EE have a created a good couple, or double act if you like, sometimes they do become really good and you cant really have one without the other

Ruffed_lemur
11-05-2008, 14:32

Im the same, once EE have a created a good couple, or double act if you like, sometimes they do become really good and you cant really have one without the other

That's true. Be nice to think that he and Kat are happy together, wherever they are.

Florijo
11-05-2008, 15:15
I hated Alfie and don't want him back.

Chloe O'brien
12-05-2008, 11:49
All we need now is for Dean Gaffney to say he wants to come back.

Kim
23-05-2008, 18:38
OMG! Can't believe I've only just seen this! I loved Kat and Alfie together. Really hope they do come back. I've liked most of the stuff Jessie has done since leaving but not Wild At Heart. She's definitely got further than Shane outside of EastEnders.