PDA

View Full Version : Windsor tells 'Enders to "up its game"

Chris_2k11
06-05-2008, 11:14
Barbara Windsor has claimed that EastEnders needs to "up its game" to compete with other soaps.

The actress said that she was impressed with the show's four gongs at the British Soap Awards, but said they couldn't afford to let their standards slip, with rivals like Hollyoaks constantly improving.

"We actually came third in the number of awards and we're going to have to up our game," she said. "Hollyoaks is coming up and we will have to do better next year."

Windsor, who plays Queen Vic landlady Peggy Mitchell, praised co-stars Jamie Borthwick and June Brown for their recent performances.

Commenting on 13-year-old Borthwick, she said: "Jamie Borthwick is amazing and he will only get better as he gets older. It's wonderful to have someone like that on the set."

Chloe O'brien
06-05-2008, 14:46
Eastenders do have to raise their game. As they did not win the awards they thought they would, but in all fairness the Poison Dwarf is not the best actress in the show, She needs too up her game as much as anyone, When was the last time she had a decent storyline or has had praise for her roles.

Abbie
06-05-2008, 17:38
It really is true, I will always watch it cos Ive watched it since I was young but it needs to be more entertaining and dramatic

Bryan
06-05-2008, 18:11
I think its top notch at the moment, better than the rest of the soaps. Granted it's not what it used to be, but i have every faith that the current producer is taking the show in the right direction.

Ruffed_lemur
06-05-2008, 18:49
I think its top notch at the moment, better than the rest of the soaps. Granted it's not what it used to be, but i have every faith that the current producer is taking the show in the right direction.

Yes, I quite agree. Good stories at the moment on Eastenders.

alan45
08-05-2008, 00:00
Eastenders do have to raise their game. As they did not win the awards they thought they would, but in all fairness the Poison Dwarf is not the best actress in the show, She needs too up her game as much as anyone, When was the last time she had a decent storyline or has had praise for her roles.

Well said Kath. Who does Ms Windsor think she is. She could hardly call herself a serious actress. The Carry On films were about her limit.