PDA

View Full Version : CSI star accused over 'drug find'

Luna
30-04-2008, 08:25
Actor Gary Dourdan, who stars in TV show CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, has been arrested on suspicion of drug possession, police have said.

The 41-year-old was held after being found asleep in a parked car in Palm Springs, California.

Police allegedly found substances believed to be cocaine, heroin and ecstasy in the vehicle.

The star was jailed for about five hours before being released on bail of $5,000 (£2,500).

Chloe O'brien
30-04-2008, 12:19
He needs serious help, he is on a big downward spiral and with him leaving CSI things to get worse.

Jojo
01-05-2008, 00:06
Thing is though, he's been on a downward spiral for a while now, with alcohol abuse and violence (allegedly), so in those respects, its hardly surprising that the CSI bosses are getting rid - he needs to sort himself out before its too late.

Jojo
06-05-2008, 13:46
The drugs belonged to someone else.

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation's Gary Dourdan (Warrick Brown) was arrested last week on suspicion of drug possession. The actor issued a statement to Access Hollywood this past weekend. He spoke about the Coachella festival, which he attended prior to his arrest. "Obviously I certainly wish I hadn't been responsible for so many people getting to the festival's VIP area," Dourdan wrote. "And the after party, it ran me ragged, but I’m glad pulling over did prevent a DUI. I recommend not driving at all, but a little kip (nap) is always good (on either side of the road LOL)."

Dourdan went on to say that the drugs found in the vehicle were not his. "I am blessed that the Sgt. realized that the luggage carrying whatever they found was not mine and that my tests have been coming back negative," Dourdan explained. "I've been happy to cooperate in any way to clear myself and go on with my blessed life."

"I am so sorry to all my fans, especially the young ones, like Taylor Swift, who I should've been supporting with my daughter instead of driving tired in the desert," Dourdan said, referencing the musician he was supposed to present with an award at last Sunday's 10th Annual Young Hollywood Awards. "I am planning events to get the word out that you don't need a bunch of nasty chemicals to have a good time. Just good friends, family, good music and a good honest spirit full of faith."

The original article is from Access Hollywood.

from CSI Files

Luna
08-05-2008, 09:00
Actor Gary Dourdan, who stars in US TV show CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, has been charged with possession of heroin, cocaine and ecstasy.

The 41-year-old was arrested last week after police found him asleep in a car in Palm Springs, California and appeared disorientated when approached.

The star was jailed for around five hours before being released on bail of $5,000 (£2,500).

The star is due to appear in court to face the charges on 28 May.

At the time of his arrest, police said Mr Dourdan appeared "possibly under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs".

Sitcom fame

The car had been parked on the wrong side of the street with its inside light left on.

A subsequent search found cocaine, heroin, ecstasy and various prescription drugs, as well as items relating to drugs, a police statement said.

A Riverside County District Attorney's spokeswoman said that if convicted he was likely to face probation and be sent on a drugs rehabilitation programme.

Philadelphia-born Dourdan found fame on the TV sitcom A Different World, a spin-off from The Cosby Show.

He is best known for his role as forensics investigator Warrick Brown on the Las Vegas version of CSI, which has been the most-watched drama on US television for much of its time on air.

Dourdan is expected to leave show next month, at the end of its eighth series.

Donski
23-05-2008, 23:26
OHHHH NOOOOOO i love Warrick!! Take it he is now dead if he is leaving the show at the end of the 8th series.... Gutted!!!