PDA

View Full Version : alternative diet needed

Siobhan
29-04-2008, 14:50
I have found all the diet thing on line or via weighwatcher/unislim/etc, include lots of fish and chicken.. I am unable to eat either and find it hard to follow any "usual" diet.. anyone got a good website that will give nice dishes for slimming that doesn't involve fish or chicken??

Perdita
29-04-2008, 15:54
I have found all the diet thing on line or via weighwatcher/unislim/etc, include lots of fish and chicken.. I am unable to eat either and find it hard to follow any "usual" diet.. anyone got a good website that will give nice dishes for slimming that doesn't involve fish or chicken??

Do you eat meat and dairy products? Is turkey out of the question too? Turkey is even lower in fat than chicken (no skin of course). Are you vegetarian or vegan?

Siobhan
29-04-2008, 16:05
Do you eat meat and dairy products? Is turkey out of the question too? Turkey is even lower in fat than chicken (no skin of course). Are you vegetarian or vegan?

I eat lamb, turkey, sausages and bacon.. now I did not realise that turkey was lower in fat than chicken (I never eat the skin)

Abigail
29-04-2008, 16:27
Just a random fact, chicken skin is 40% fat.

I can't find any diet that doesn't include fish and chicken. In fact, fish and chicken seems to be recommended all the time.

Have you looked at a vegetarian diet?

Siobhan
29-04-2008, 16:38

I can't find any diet that doesn't include fish and chicken. In fact, fish and chicken seems to be recommended all the time.

Yeah..but I wanted to include some meat in my diet and as you said chicken and fish seem to be in all of them.. Someone said to NOT eat white food (never heard this) to lose weight around your stomach.. don't know if that is true but that would kill me cause I love Pasta

Abigail
29-04-2008, 16:43
White carbs are generally refined. They aren't as good for you as unrefined products such as brown bread because they have had some of the goodness taken out and its been processed. I've tried brown pasta but it takes ages to cook and doesn't taste as good as white.

Jojo
29-04-2008, 23:59
Stuffed peppers - you could put whatever you wanted in them.

Just a thought.

Perdita
30-04-2008, 06:05

Yeah..but I wanted to include some meat in my diet and as you said chicken and fish seem to be in all of them.. Someone said to NOT eat white food (never heard this) to lose weight around your stomach.. don't know if that is true but that would kill me cause I love Pasta

Did they mean WHITE MEAT? That would, unfortunately, include chicken, turkey and other fowl. Red meat is beef, pork and lamb and should not be eaten too much of anyway. There does not seem to be a particular diet for you, you probably need to mix vegetable and whatever meat you do like, pasta is good but you should eat wholemeal rather than the normal pasta, the same with rice, I soon got used to the different taste and make some nice spicy sauces to go with it.

Siobhan
30-04-2008, 09:32
Stuffed peppers - you could put whatever you wanted in them.

Just a thought.

ooh now there is an idea. thanks Em

Luna
30-04-2008, 10:56
have you tried slimminbg world???

http://www.slimmingworld.com/

You dont need to have fish or chicken with this diet

Siobhan
30-04-2008, 11:03

had a look.. there is some good stuff... looking at the exercise program too...

Luna
02-05-2008, 06:36

Ive been on this diet for 2 weeks lost 9lb and havent touched a drop of meat yet

sindydoll
02-05-2008, 08:40

Ive been on this diet for 2 weeks lost 9lb and havent touched a drop of meat yet

Ive been with slimming world for 2 and half weeks Ive lost 6 and half pound and i haven't touched any meat either