PDA

View Full Version : cheryl ferguson still lives in a council house

sindydoll
24-04-2008, 20:46
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/showbiz/s/1046720_will_it_be_lucky_heather

LostVoodoo
24-04-2008, 22:09
She said: "I have a son who is eight and I'm married. We live on a council estate and we haven't moved or anything, because we've really tried as best we can to keep things normal.

surely a family who doesn't have someone on a full-time salary on the BBC's top show would be in more need of that council house?

Abbie
24-04-2008, 22:40
Thats quite true, I never thought about that

Debs
24-04-2008, 22:46
maybe she is happy in her house, dosent want to remover her son from it???
She will be paying rent on that house wont she? or perhaps she has bought it?? my mum lives on what is a council estate and she bought the house from the council

If she is happy then why shouldnt she stay in her home?? As she said she wants to keep things normal and i think that is fab

Katy
24-04-2008, 22:47
it might be a council house that they have bought so it is on a council estate but actually there own home. THey have special schemes once or twice a year so it could be that.

Jojo
25-04-2008, 00:05
Doesn't it say, lives on a council estate, not, lives in a council house? And even if she did, so what! She's paying her rent just like any other council tenant and her son is settled and happy etc - why should she move?

Like has already been said, she could have bought the house from the council under the schemes to buy your home etc and, don't get me wrong, I'm not racist or anything, but, around here, all council/housing association and the majority of rental accommodation seems to be given to immigrants before anyone else in need of them.

sindydoll
25-04-2008, 17:18
Doesn't it say, lives on a council estate, not, lives in a council house? And even if she did, so what! She's paying her rent just like any other council tenant and her son is settled and happy etc - why should she move?

Like has already been said, she could have bought the house from the council under the schemes to buy your home etc and, don't get me wrong, I'm not racist or anything, but, around here, all council/housing association and the majority of rental accommodation seems to be given to immigrants before anyone else in need of them.

well if she is still a council tenant then she should move on because council houses are for those on very low income! and we are in desperate need for council houses thanks to the government

Jojo
26-04-2008, 00:09

well if she is still a council tenant then she should move on because council houses are for those on very low income! and we are in desperate need for council houses thanks to the government

But that is still a very big if! No one knows from that interview whether or not she is in council owned accommodation. And which government shall we blame for the lack of council accommodation? The Conservatives for selling them all years ago, or the Labour party for giving them all to immigrants?! We have a brand new estate being built where I live right now and one entire street, apart from 3 houses, are being used to accommodate the Polish and other immigrants in this town - not the families on low income.

No one knows what her situation is or has been and I don't think its anyones business either tbh - that interview hasn't stated one way or the other, so conclusions shouldn't be jumped to (IMO)

sindydoll
26-04-2008, 14:45
its like that around here the polish are getting housed before the english

GwennieS
28-04-2008, 18:29
surely a family who doesn't have someone on a full-time salary on the BBC's top show would be in more need of that council house?

and what makes you think a junior member of a bbc soap gets a huge salary? and how long will it last? we don't know her situation, so we shouldn't be so quick to judge.

LostVoodoo
28-04-2008, 18:45
and what makes you think a junior member of a bbc soap gets a huge salary?

well i imagine its significantly more than the minimum wage

Dutchgirl
08-05-2008, 11:54
and what makes you think a junior member of a bbc soap gets a huge salary?

well i imagine its significantly more than the minimum wage

But how long will EE keep her and can she depend on a further income like the salary of EE? Last time I checked houses are expensive even for people with good incomes.

sindydoll
08-05-2008, 21:48
but surly she would of been paid enough by now to buy a house!

Pinkbanana
08-05-2008, 21:53
but surly she would of been paid enough by now to buy a house!

Why should she move, or buy a house if she is happy where she is???

It says she lives on a council estate, not necessarily a council house (she could have already bought it).

I think the story shows she is a down to earth type of person and I guess being an actor you can have long 'resting' periods where you aren't working....so why should she just because she is on a good wage at present have to move???

Edit: to me this is a non story...it not anyone's business if she lives there, or decided to live in a tree house...lol

LostVoodoo
09-05-2008, 07:01
But how long will EE keep her and can she depend on a further income like the salary of EE? Last time I checked houses are expensive even for people with good incomes.

council housing is a form of state benefit, are you saying people who get jobs should stay on state benefits just in case they become unemployed sometime in the future?

and yes, if she does own the house or its ex-council property that is within a council estate that's fine because like some of you have said it shows she doesn't want to uproot her son and simply likes living there. but if she's in a property that another family might need (eg. a single mum on the minimum wage) and the council is paying for it then that's really bad!

sindydoll
09-05-2008, 11:38
listen to us lot were crack pots :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jojo
09-05-2008, 19:43
Why are we arguing about something that we don't know the full details about ?! We don't so hey ho!

She might or might not - why argue about might or might not - and I very much doubt that a single mum on a minimum wage would get the council house before an immigrant anyway, if where she lives has seemingly the same policy as down here.

Pinkbanana
11-05-2008, 15:38
Just to clear it up the does she, doesn't she..........Cheryl Ferguson does live in a council owned house, ie...she doesn't own it. Read that in the paper today

Perdita
11-05-2008, 19:39
I really don't care where she lives, in a council house, in a former council house she bought, in her own house on a council estate - crickey, why are we discussing this? More important to discuss whether Steven in EE is mad or evil or both or just lacking medication, surely?

Pinkbanana
11-05-2008, 19:44
I really don't care where she lives, in a council house, in a former council house she bought, in her own house on a council estate - crickey, why are we discussing this? More important to discuss whether Steven in EE is mad or evil or both or just lacking medication, surely?

I thought it might be of interest to the people who were discussing it early in the thread....to resolve the arguement thank you. Some people might find it of interest......more so than discussing a fictional character.

Perdita
11-05-2008, 19:47

I thought it might be of interest to the people who were discussing it early in the thread....to resolve the arguement thank you. Some people might find it of interest......more so than discussing a fictional character.

Oh, ok, I now see where you are coming from. :)

StarsOfCCTV
11-05-2008, 21:20
From DS:

EastEnders star Cheryl Fergison has vowed that she will never leave her council estate home.

Despite being paid well for her role as Heather Peterson on the BBC One soap, the actress has admitted that she would never apply for a mortgage because she is too concerned about getting into debt.

"I still live on a council estate in south-east London. I grew up there and I don't really want to move away," Cheryl told The People. "I'm a real local girl. My son likes it there and so does my husband. We're normal, but the real reason is that I don't want to get a mortgage.

"This industry is so up and down that I don't want to get in financial trouble. I have managed to pay off all of my debts so now I don't want to get into any more."

The 44-year-old actress recently revealed that she doesn't mind the 'sizeist' jibes which are directed towards her soap character.

Jojo
11-05-2008, 23:48
I can still understand why she isn't getting a mortgage - with acting, I would imagine, unless you are hugely successful, you could be out on your ear before you know it. And with interest rates, house prices, mortgages and all the rest of it changing so much at the moment, I can understand what she means. We were looking at moving a month or so ago, but the way house prices have fallen and with the way the market is etc presently, we are waiting for a bit now.

magicdragon
13-05-2008, 12:20
at the end of the day, she is working so the council are NOT paying her rent, she is, so i dont see any problem with it, like some others have said, if she wasn't living there, then some assylum seeker will be.
i dont see why she should uproot her family, just because she works.:searchme: